Kingdom Keepers: RUMBLE -- Get in actions!

kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:01 am

Post by kloud1516 »

[.:][Chapter 2 - Phantoms][:.]

At long last, both groups converged onto Main Street, their Guardian leaders almost colliding as they hurriedly bolted through the streets. The immaculate castle rose up before them, glowing in the wake of neon lights as if to guide their way through the circle and onto the main body of the road. The DHIs studied each other in muted interest and excitement, their eyes shimmering as they observed new faces with intense scrutiny. All of them were clad in tattered clothing, proving to the doubtful few that those in the other group were worthy of merging with them. Several DHIs nodded respectfully to each other, while others simply kept to themselves, peering into the shrouds of darkness looming all around. Expecting danger to leap out once more and snatch them from the safety.

The
Mad Hatter
and
Tia Dalma
conversed quickly in hushed tones as they stalked down Main Street.
Jack Sparrow
led the way, and before long, he stopped. One by one, the DHIs followed suit, and gazed upon the scene that had lured them together. A group of soldiers adorned in leather armor and chain mail lay sprawled out across the cobbles, blood seeping into any crevice it could find. Black arrow shafts protruded from their bodies, the black-feathered fletchings standing motionless in the stagnant air. A grotesquely familiar stench of rotting flesh and blood wafted about the congregation, stinging the DHIs' eyes and burning their throats. Several of the girls turned away from the scene of chaos, while many of the boys gagged in disgust.

Many of the soldiers' bodies were contorted into awkward positions, their bones having snapped or folded in on themselves upon landing. Others continued to bleed, their muscles and bone clearly visible from gaping wounds in their sides. Despite their differing lethal afflictions, all of them shared one similarity: their facial expression. Not one of them had died peacefully or quickly, that much was certain. Their countenances displayed absolute fear and anguish, mouths twisted and muscles frozen into place as blank eyes glazed with fright. The haunting scene chilled the DHIs to the bone, and all at once they realized the seriousness of the situation.

Something far more evil in nature than the Queen of Hearts and a crew of pirates was at work here.

"Glad you could finally make it,"
came a voice from off to the side of the pack. Wayne stepped forward slowly, sporting the janitor-like dress he had presented himself in the day before. All around him bustled a group of men clad in snow white cloaks that paid the DHIs no mind. The men possessed their own weapons, most of them carrying swords that, at the moment, were bound to their sides and protected by silver-hued sheaths. Gauntlets concealed their hands, vambraces hugged their forearms, and a myriad of other plated armor pieces shimmered in the moonlight.
"We were beginning to worry that the Overtakers had claimed you all as well. These, my crafty DHIs, are Guardians,"
he said, motioning to the soldiers mulling about inspecting the scene and standing as silent sentinels.
"Much like your allies the Mad Hatter, Alice, Jack Sparrow, Tia Dalma, all these fine men are devoted to the cause of defending the Magic Kingdom from all those that mean to do it harm."

"Harm? To the Magic Kingdom?"
inquired a DHI from the back of the group.

"Yes, the villains of Disney and their horde followers have set in motion schemes that for so long we have warded off. They mean to strike down imagination, and in essence, turn the dreams of thousands into horrid nightmares. They will not stop until the Magic Kingdom writhes in flame, and is corroded by darkness. They will not relent unless all is in chaos, and the cherished heroes of Disney have been cast down. The Overtakers, as they are called, are evil incarnate, and grow in might every day. Until recently, they have stalked the shadows of night, but now, under the reign of a despotic leader, they have revealed themselves."

The DHIs glanced about the group, gazing into each other's eyes for some sort of support or assurance. Jack Sparrow nodded to those who looked his way, though his usually-mischievous features were dominated by a stern sense of reality.

"We, as Guardians,"
Wayne continued,
"are instruments of hope to the Magic Kingdom. For decades I have dedicated my life to protecting the many realms of Walt Disney's utopia, and now you have been summoned to do the same. Each of you possesses unique traits that the Guardians believed would be integral in defeating the Overtakers. Some of you stand before me due to your strength, some for your leadership skills, and others for your intelligence. No matter what the reason, of the thousands that applied, you were chosen to illuminate the darkness. To cast out the malignant entities which now grow more ambitious.

"The Guardians intended to mentor each of you, but with recent developments, I fear that we will not be able to do so. Should we hesitate, all could be --"

But Wayne was cut short as several of the Guardians leapt from their stationary stances and tackled him to the ground as an arrow rocketed by with deadly speed. The arrow struck the nearest tree, and lodged itself deeply within the bow, drawing sap and bubbling water. The moonlight shown on the black shaft, and a dark haze emanated off the equally black feathers.

The arrow matched those that jutted out from the slain Guardians,
but before anyone had time to react, more arrows fell in a light spray, hissing through the air as they descended upon the group. The DHIs screamed as clouds smothered the moon, cutting off its glow as the arrowheads shimmered menacingly. The DHIs all ducked for cover, well, almost all of them.

Jayne Cobb
spotted a figure concealed beneath a billowing black cloak that appeared to be woven out of shadows itself in the distance. From his vantage point, he was only able to spot the lining of the figure's silhouette, as well as the bow held downward before the phantom. Another form appeared beside the cloaked silhouette, and both looked on in silence as the lone archer strung yet another arrow. Jayne rushed forward with a sharp cry, intending to force the weapon out of its owner's grip. Wayne yelled out, and Guardians bolted after Jayne to protect him, but it was far too late.

As Jayne drew closer, his eyes followed the contours of the archer's body, and knew the figure to be a female. Tresses of raven hair cascaded downward from beneath the swaying cowl of the cloak, and two shimmering orbs pierced through the shroud cast over her face. The phantom's muscles tensed as she pulled her bow taught and took aim. The figure beside her flinched as the arrow was loosed, but let out howling laughter as Jayne was brought to the cobblestones mere seconds later.

The arrow found its mark with a gruesome thud.
Jayne's breath was stopped short as the shaft buried deep into his chest, snapping ribs and pulling tissues from their rightful places. Blood trickled from the wound, and swiftly fell to the ground, his knees buckling and his hands shooting outward to grasp the shaft as it passed through his flesh. Falling with a horrific thud to the road, his head smacked against the cobbles, forming a deep gash where blood flowed freely. Jayne’s eyes began to roll erratically within their sockets, bulging outward as searing pain racked his body. He could not move. Could not breath. Could not call out for help. He had been rendered completely defenseless, the precise strike already taking its toll. Veins in his neck and arms thickened, becoming visible as his skin tightened and paled due to rapid blood loss. Rain drops began to plummet from dark, roiling clouds, pelting the DHI whose once brilliant form now began to flicker.

To Be Continued
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:28 am

Post by kloud1516 »

[.:][Chapter 2 - Phantoms][:.]

Continued

Amelia Eagle
and
Heather Carmelia
tore from their secure locations and fell upon their comrade. The armored Guardians had drawn their weapons, and had began to charge at the two shadowed assailants, leaving Jayne sprawled out like another expendable soldier. Heather propped up her ally, while Amelia gazed in horror at the blood that gushed from the wound. Frantic, she tore cloth from her sleeves, and wrapped it around the shaft of the arrow. Heather and Amelia looked to each other in silent despair, not knowing whether or not to pull out the arrow or to leave it in place. Jayne’s body trembled violently, as peals of thunder bellowed through the sky. The rainfall intensified, scoring the earth without mercy. Heather leaned over Jayne to protect him from the storm, as Amelia continued to try to stop the bleeding.

Tears rolled down their cheeks, mixing with bitter raindrops. Try as they might to stop the wound from claiming Jayne, they knew their attempts would be of no avail. Many other DHIs had now broken from the line of trees, and had collapsed on their knees about Jayne. All of his comrades (those that had fought with him) sobbed as his body ceased to shimmer, and his eyes rolled into the back of his head. Some grabbed at his soaked clothes, while others roared in anguish. Heather ran her knuckles gently down his face, while Amelia sat in silent distraught disbelief. Their eyes reddened with grief, but despite their wails and moans,

Jayne Cobb was dead.

Those that did not know Jayne stepped forward tentatively, hugging themselves against the mighty gales of wind and torrential downpour. The trees groaned in sorrow, leaves trembling as beads of water cascaded from them. Before long, Jayne’s skin became a series of jagged golden lines. The lines began to crack and shatter, dissolving into smaller and smaller fragments, until his body exploded into a thousand pinpoints of light, just like Zamar and Tim had before him. The cloud of golden dust assumed the form of Jayne as it rose laggardly into the air, and pointed in the direction of his slayer before vanishing in the wake of another wave of wind.

The DHIs watched as the two unknown figures struck down their attackers, before sprinting in two different directions, one gliding across the ground to the left, the other to the right.

“Do not let them escape!”
cried Wayne to the armored sentinels that still remained.
“Track them down, and seize them. They mustn’t be allowed to get away with this!”

The Guardian soldiers nodded quickly, before sprinting off down Main Street. As they reached their fallen compatriots, they broke into two groups, the soldiers following both trails in order to prevent one from escaping retribution.

Wayne slowly came upon the DHIs, his own eyes dark with grief. He did not speak, but simply looked to the teenagers before him.
“This is the way of the Overtakers. They will stalk upon your fears, and bathe in your misery. Do not allow them advantage over you. Strike them down! Cast them out! Fight along side us, to prevent more tragedy from befalling Disney, and all within it!”

“I shall fight!”
called
Josephine Batemen
. Her hair beautiful hair flailed wildly in the tempest swirling about them, while rivulets of water snaked down her pale face. Josephine’s eyes blazed with fury, her red lips and rosy cheeks prickling with rage.

“We should follow them,”
said Heather, who continued to kneel on the ground,
“they need to pay for what they have done.”

The DHIs roared in agreement, waving thrusting their fists into the air as they looked to Wayne, who merely stood silently. He bowed his head, as if to silently permit them to follow the duo. His silence was all that was needed, for the group of DHIs surged as one down Main Street, ready to avenge Jayne’s death.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:49 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Each person must now make a choice in regards to who they wish to follow.

What do you choose?

[.:]Follow the Raven-haired Archer, who slew Jayne
[.:]Track down her crony

Please PM me your decisions as quickly as possible so that we can get started into the next round of Rumbles (and so that I can finally give you all new powers). Added incentive to get your decisions in: since there are only two rumbles this round, and I want them to be as equal as possible, there are a limited number of slots for both, so it is a first come, first serve type of deal. You may change your choice so long as the other has not filled up. I realize that there is an uneven number at this point, but here is how you will be divided:

8 to follow the Raven-haired Archer
7 to follow her ally

Sorry. You may converse about your thoughts and decision in the thread.
RandomGem
RandomGem
Goon
RandomGem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by RandomGem »

VENGEANCE!
I think I'm going to go for the Raven-haired Archer... :/
This is a sig. It has nothing funny or witty in it.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I'm following the person who shot.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by Wizardcat »

I'm never going to get an awesome scene, am I? I want to be a main character, too!

Think power-wise when you make your decision, guys.
[align=center][color=purple][i]"The dogs of war are nothing compared to the cats."[/i][/color][/align]
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Wizardcat wrote:I'm never going to get an awesome scene, am I? I want to be a main character, too!

Think power-wise when you make your decision, guys.
I did. I thought my Aura would be better over there, against what I think to be the main enemy.

also, happy scumday Wiz!
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by Wizardcat »

Also, more DHIs = MOAR POWAH.

Thanks. :)

To battle!
[align=center][color=purple][i]"The dogs of war are nothing compared to the cats."[/i][/color][/align]
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Any DHI that thought this:
kloud1516 wrote:
.... is stupid.

READ THE WHOLE PRARGRAPGH BEFORE THIS TO UNDERSTAND.

kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

animorpherv1 wrote:Any DHI that thought this:
kloud1516 wrote:
.... is stupid.

Threw this in for comic effect
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

kloud1516 wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:Any DHI that thought this:
kloud1516 wrote:
.... is stupid.

Threw this in for comic effect
Can you specify
which
DHI said that?

Also, was Jane Cobb Drench?

kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

animorpherv1 wrote:
Can you specify
which
DHI said that?

Also, was Jane Cobb Drench?
1) No, because no one actually said it and I wouldn't want to offend someone by making them look stupid.

2) I will allow Drench to answer this for himself. [size=0]
Yes/no/maybe it was Drench[/size]
Josephine Bateman
Josephine Bateman
Watcher
Josephine Bateman
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by Josephine Bateman »

I'll follow the crony. My deflection power can be of more use since there are less DHIs in that fight.
[size=75][i][color=purple]i am the tower around which you orbited
i'm not proud i'm just taking orders
i fall to the groud within moments of impact
i hit back if hit and attack if attacked[/color][/i][/size]
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by farside22 »

Follow the Raven-haired Archer, who slew Jayne
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:43 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

I'm following the Raven-haired Archer, just so everyone knows. It just seems fitting with my little role in the flavor.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:56 pm

Post by mykonian »

Track down her crony
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:57 pm

Post by Drench »

animorpherv1 wrote:Also, was Jane Cobb Drench?
Thankfully (or not, depends on how you look at it), Jayne Cobb is not me. And I definitely thought I was gone.

Also, I'm following the Raven-Haired Archer. The force fields I have would help Bob/Ani and a larger group would have a better chance of getting a power that needs protecting. Sorry minority.

It is Animorpherv1 with the aura, right?
join your union
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:24 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Apparently, Myko is following me :) Anybody else as well?
Ignore the ''R''
Josephine Bateman
Josephine Bateman
Watcher
Josephine Bateman
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:27 am

I am. Zaz has the chain lightning power (damages all who attack her), and I have the spectral mirrors power (deflects attacks). That's a solid combo right there. Zaz could defend, and I could deflect attacks towards her (as long as they aren't too powerful ;))
Andrew Brown (mykonian) has the telepathy power, so that gives s a better insight on attacks for a more coordinated attack. This is going to be a piece of cake!
Josephine Bateman
Josephine Bateman
Watcher
Josephine Bateman
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:28 am

Drench wrote:It is Animorpherv1 with the aura, right?
This is correct.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:43 am

Post by mykonian »

well, if they have ani, it is no more then fair, that we should also have one or two players that can really deal some damage. Rex gordon (I forgot who you were), chenhsi and shadowgirl are candidates. Esspecially the mental supremacy power was awesome.
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Hybris »

Hey, why do that rather than deflecting attacks to their other teammates and cutting out the middle man?
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:44 am

Post by kloud1516 »

The slots available for following the Archer have been filled, and so all those that have not yet sent in their actions are, by default, going to be pursuing the crony. Here are the groups for Round 2:

Following the Archer:

James Tau
Mordecai Kerinos
Bob Kaddidle
Kyriake Sige
Heather Carmelia
Amelia Eagle
Sakura Matserugi
Joshua Robespierre

Following the Crony:

Josephine Batemen
Andrew Brown
Zazie Rainyday
Rex Gordon
Takin Aikoro
Nemesis

I apologize to Rex Gordon, for while you submitted your choice to follow the Archer, another player submitted his/her choice earlier today, and was placed in the slot. Sorry, also, to all those that were not placed in their desired location.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:08 am

Post by mykonian »

only one person of the flight from the brig people in our team, and only 2 in the other.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:18 am

Post by farside22 »

I think it's funny with the story line that Heather and Josephine are on the seperate teams.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Social Game Archive”