TM 2023 | Super Mario Bros Mafia | Game Over!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:26 am

Post by Adorable »

In post 1474, Fate wrote: I literally cannot understand what Adorable is saying anymroe (as in where they are coming from) and am going to just ignore the slot until PoE dictates otherwise

*words words wordds*

"my role is mislim bait*

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Here's another reason why I don't like Fate. Feels like scum is trying to downplay my ability.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:28 am

Post by Radical Rat »

How is disagreeing that it's just mislim bait DOWNplaying your ability? If anything that's up-playing it???
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:44 am

Post by Jingle »

Not Adorable's role, her ability as a player.
This is a Parachute.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:45 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Oh. Yeah, okay that makes more sense.

HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 10:30 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

Yeahhh. Have not liked Fate's tone this entire game tbh but that's not exactly a lim-worthy thing.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 10:39 am

Post by Fate »

I'm actually 50% less asshole that before, ymmv, because yeah reading Adorable and HPEs posts is like putting my eyeballs through a blender
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 10:40 am

Post by Fate »

Your play has not impressed me one bit Adorable, nor have you had a single meaningful contribution to town.

I await with much anticipation being proven otherwise, but again putting this as nicely as possible I hope you're competent enough to bodyguard and die before endgame
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 10:42 am

Post by Fate »

I mean you've even called yourself low hanging fruit, so if you had a different role you'd essentially be mislim fodder. God knows j would've voted you in melo just for sanity.

But again, enough meanness for one day. Take this as tough love to improve at the game
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by Fate »

Really not a good time for the thread to quiet

>.> Making me self conscious here
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 1:18 am

Post by Jingle »

Hey cerb, feel free to keep going anytime.
This is a Parachute.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 1:21 am

Post by Fate »

Scums given up so

Ending the day is fine, only other thing left again is I encourage everyone to think about why CSF died
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 2:16 am

Post by Jingle »

I have one more post I want to make, but if I don't get around to it by tomorrow I'll just revote and hope.
This is a Parachute.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 3:02 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1484, Jingle wrote: Hey cerb, feel free to keep going anytime.
Oh I am, I just forgot how much work actually going through ISO's that are wordy+lengthy is and ran out of time yesterday, about halfway through peta's ISO.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 3:07 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1389, Jingle wrote:
In post 1388, petapan wrote: powers for cerb in a vacuum are more useful for scum than town

however analyzing games that way is very likely to result in a lot of losses because mods will give scummy sounding roles to town so i'm unconvinced
by that particular reason
- i was stuck with a role in hollow knight where the abilities were all near useless for town but would have had incredible pro-scum utility. i was still town, and i got heat because all i could do was trueclaim my role.

it could be that cerb is scum who stepped on a rake and had no ideas so he just claimed his role without changing things but i wouldn't be sure it's the only possibility yet

i still need to give people a proper reread when i have time
I agree that cerb having a vanilla cop as town isn’t impossible. It could be designed to soft clear vts due to the rather large probability of double scum prs.

My suspicion is far more fueled by how he used or claimed to use it than that he claimed VC.
fair enough
free crypto
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 3:30 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1304, Fate wrote: Well I don't think I can quote mod communication so I'm paraphrasing

It didn't say explicitly my action resolved or went through

But it said that I didn't detect any paranormal activity

Which is different than the 'no result's I'd expect if I was RBd or something

Does your role stop bodyguards and town actions and everything also?
Fate, have you explicitly asked SC what response you would get if you were roleblocked when you investigated someone?

Because I know I didn't RB last night(a blind RB(even on a softed PR) isn't even something scum!me would do, but there's no reason you would believe that), and that means unless there's a scum RB as well, your ability should have been blocked by RR's power.

Which means in the case where you're both town and RR was not blocked or otherwise interfered with, YOU are misreading or misinterpreting or mis'something'ing your results.

Hell, do you even know how your ability works? Is it effectively a motion detector for specifically paranormal activity? Is it a cop for flavor/roles that are related to paranormal activity? Is it only a watcher, or only a tracker, for again, paranormal activities? Do you have answers to any of these questions?

I get that you and others suspect me for play on D1 and disagree with my NA choice, but if the nail in my coffin, as it were, is you misunderstanding how your role works and you refuse to go get informed, I don't see sufficient reason to continue spending hours going through ISO's and so on and will just read through this day and update things in a half-assed(to me) fashion and we can go from there.

I also have a comment about the power level evaluation of this game - rolestopper is, in my opinion, explicitly used in place of a doctor in circumstances under which the mod wants to allow "follow the cop" type play, while causing the rolestopper to have some degree of NU for the town prior to mass claim/action coordination occurring, as they can interfere with the other PR's. That innately decreases the power level of the entire town. if I, Fate, CSF, or HPE(if they end up with tracker as they claim they did) target the same person as RR, that night action is also wasted, and the trackers power and my powers can't just be tried again the next night, so the loss is significant. If Adorable targets the same person, then she doesn't die despite claiming an action that should have saved someone else, and the slot becomes mislim bait at worst, and is forced to out itself in a non-mass claim world at least.

I'm going to go back to working on Peta's thing while also interspersing doing so with enjoying my life so I don't burn out.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 3:42 am

Post by Radical Rat »

At the end there you suggest Adorable would be mislimmed for not saving her target, but her target wouldn't be dead either in that case.

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 3:53 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1490, Radical Rat wrote: At the end there you suggest Adorable would be mislimmed for not saving her target, but her target wouldn't be dead either in that case.
That is true! I suppose she doesn't become mislim bait in that case since you'd saved the person, and since you saved them she would have no idea what happened and wouldn't out herself.

Fair points.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 3:54 am

Post by Radical Rat »

It's only really an issue if she'd been tracked, which... hopefully isn't a situation that happens, but we've got a loose degree of coordination going now at least so it should be fine

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 3:57 am

Post by Fate »

Your coffin was sealed before any of the me and RR role interactions or nonsense happened, so it's not really a point worth defending about.

I get that it's frustrating to be limmed when you as scum know the real reason behind why RR and and mine results are what they are
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 3:59 am

Post by Fate »

Of Cerb is somehow town adorable isnt the worse choice of track targets
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 4:01 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1493, Fate wrote: Your coffin was sealed before any of the me and RR role interactions or nonsense happened, so it's not really a point worth defending about.

I get that it's frustrating to be limmed when you as scum know the real reason behind why RR and and mine results are what they are
So to clarify, you are refusing to ask the mod how your role actually works/what your results would look like under different circumstances? Or you know, and you're refusing to elaborate?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 4:02 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Fate already asked. Did you see the post where I compiled the relevant interaction?

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 4:02 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1415, Radical Rat wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1298, Fate wrote: I'm Luigi, Ghost Hunter

I can detect if paranormal activity happens around a target. None happened around Cerberus last night

Therefore RR is at the very least not Ghost.

WHICH IM GUESSING means the scumteam is King Boo and Bowser. Would be very surprised if not the case, so my role is either a red herring useless thing or confirms non ghosts.

So yeah

Do your dirty thing Jingle. I expect great things, it's not for everyone I pass up an opportunity to fake claim as town
In post 1300, Radical Rat wrote: When you say "nothing happened" does that mean you received an affirmative result that there was no activity?
In post 1301, Fate wrote: I was confirmed my action resolved and that I did not detect any paranormal activity
In post 1302, Radical Rat wrote: Then something's gone wrong somewhere, or you're lying
In post 1303, Radical Rat wrote: Me targeting Cerb means no one should have resolved any other actions on him
In post 1304, Fate wrote: Well I don't think I can quote mod communication so I'm paraphrasing

In post 1305, Fate wrote: Watcher usually resolves last so it can y'know watch things

So maybe you resolve right before me to stop everything above the chain
In post 1306, Radical Rat wrote: It says all actions targeting the player, so I assume that includes Town, yes.

I also believe that a proper negative result should be distinct from a no result.
In post 1307, Radical Rat wrote: But that's something you'll have to ask Cakez about
In post 1308, Fate wrote: K I'll pm him, but RR I don't know what shenanigans are around but don't 1v1 me or anything drastic while I'm vla ok
In post 1309, Fate wrote: Like I don't think as scum you'd out yourself in this way to 1v1 me, and since I got to go last as scum my fakeclaim would be solid LIKE CERBERUS HERE WHO CLAIMED AFTER ADORABLE
In post 1310, Radical Rat wrote: I'm not 1v1ing anything yet
In post 1311, Radical Rat wrote: If anything my instinct here is actually to look at Cerb...
In post 1312, Fate wrote: Mod confirmed my action went through

VOTE: Cerberus I'll leave this here

Here's the full interaction from Fate claiming the result to claiming to have confirmed with the mod.

The first post is interpreting the result as a soft inno on me, which means Fate did see where I claimed to have targeted you, and chose to claim results anyway.
The questioning around resolution order or if I only block scum actions is strange, but seems to come from a place of genuinely figuring out why they have results.
Me telling them to ask directly about whether they'd receive the same message if blocked was an opportunity for Fate to back down from the conflict, and they did the opposite.

Unless Fate has a history of just pulling this kind of thing out of their ass, I'm not seeing this as a possible lying Town situation. Either Fate is telling the truth, which is how it looks to me, or Fate's lying as scum.
This one

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 4:04 am

Post by Fate »

Actually the other thing to do which is preemptive but looking at how Cerbs wagon built and reactions to his claim will help find his buddy
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 4:10 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1497, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1415, Radical Rat wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1298, Fate wrote: I'm Luigi, Ghost Hunter

I can detect if paranormal activity happens around a target. None happened around Cerberus last night

Therefore RR is at the very least not Ghost.

WHICH IM GUESSING means the scumteam is King Boo and Bowser. Would be very surprised if not the case, so my role is either a red herring useless thing or confirms non ghosts.

So yeah

Do your dirty thing Jingle. I expect great things, it's not for everyone I pass up an opportunity to fake claim as town
In post 1300, Radical Rat wrote: When you say "nothing happened" does that mean you received an affirmative result that there was no activity?
In post 1301, Fate wrote: I was confirmed my action resolved and that I did not detect any paranormal activity
In post 1302, Radical Rat wrote: Then something's gone wrong somewhere, or you're lying
In post 1303, Radical Rat wrote: Me targeting Cerb means no one should have resolved any other actions on him

In post 1305, Fate wrote: Watcher usually resolves last so it can y'know watch things

So maybe you resolve right before me to stop everything above the chain
In post 1306, Radical Rat wrote: It says all actions targeting the player, so I assume that includes Town, yes.

I also believe that a proper negative result should be distinct from a no result.
In post 1307, Radical Rat wrote: But that's something you'll have to ask Cakez about
In post 1308, Fate wrote: K I'll pm him, but RR I don't know what shenanigans are around but don't 1v1 me or anything drastic while I'm vla ok
In post 1309, Fate wrote: Like I don't think as scum you'd out yourself in this way to 1v1 me, and since I got to go last as scum my fakeclaim would be solid LIKE CERBERUS HERE WHO CLAIMED AFTER ADORABLE
In post 1310, Radical Rat wrote: I'm not 1v1ing anything yet
In post 1311, Radical Rat wrote: If anything my instinct here is actually to look at Cerb...
In post 1312, Fate wrote: Mod confirmed my action went through

VOTE: Cerberus I'll leave this here

Here's the full interaction from Fate claiming the result to claiming to have confirmed with the mod.

The first post is interpreting the result as a soft inno on me, which means Fate did see where I claimed to have targeted you, and chose to claim results anyway.
The questioning around resolution order or if I only block scum actions is strange, but seems to come from a place of genuinely figuring out why they have results.
Me telling them to ask directly about whether they'd receive the same message if blocked was an opportunity for Fate to back down from the conflict, and they did the opposite.

Unless Fate has a history of just pulling this kind of thing out of their ass, I'm not seeing this as a possible lying Town situation. Either Fate is telling the truth, which is how it looks to me, or Fate's lying as scum.
This one
At no point in that does Fate actually ask the specific question that I requested he ask. It seems unlikely that he's a "paranormal cop", but it is unclear if he's a paranormal motion detector, or a paranormal watcher vs tracker. Like, I don't think any of those things are actually relevant except for asking what his results would be if he were roleblocked, but they ARE important things he should want to know.

I'm actually fairly certain that, barring scum RB'ing you RR, Fate is 100% lying about their role and/or action and claimed the results that would directly implicate me because of my RB claim.

I'm also pretty sure he does that as town more often than he does so as scum. *shrug*

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”