Micro 1078: Datisi's micro normals are back [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:16 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.06

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-05-05 22:00:16).

yeet
skitter30 [2]:
fireisredsir, tris
fireisredsir [2]:
VP Baltar, osuka
Skygazer [2]:
hellbooks, Ausuka
Ausuka [2]:
skitter30, Skygazer
osuka [1]:
Meuh

not voting [0]:

mod notesskitter30 is v/la fridays and saturdays.
VP Baltar semi-v/la friday through monday.
this is a mod note.

flavourImage
Last edited by Datisi on Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

I mean i think my read on ausuka changed with her response to the initial callout (i.e. in ), the read changed from a ping to a legit scumread there

I then thought ausuka's approach to sky was p bad and scummy: her approach in is quite questionable, particularly the bit abt how sky was planningyo come into this game pushing ausuka. At that point my read was p solid

On top of that, i don't think ausuka has been solving really - i don't know what her reads are other than sky, and her response to being sr has been quite flat

I think calling this read 'static' is rather unfair ...

Wrt fire tbh i think i was a bit annoyed he was voting me and that may have been coloring that, i'm kinda over that now tho.
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:32 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 301, skitter30 wrote: I mean i think my read on ausuka changed with her response to the initial callout (i.e. in ), the read changed from a ping to a legit scumread there

I then thought ausuka's approach to sky was p bad and scummy: her approach in is quite questionable, particularly the bit abt how sky was planningyo come into this game pushing ausuka. At that point my read was p solid

On top of that, i don't think ausuka has been solving really
- i don't know what her reads are other than sky, and her response to being sr has been quite flat

I think calling this read 'static' is rather unfair ...

Wrt fire tbh i think i was a bit annoyed he was voting me and that may have been coloring that, i'm kinda over that now tho.
I agree with this and I don't understand fire's strong town read there. I think ausuka is pretty null at best.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:43 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i def wouldn't call it a strong townread but there's been things that i think are town
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 303, fireisredsir wrote: i def wouldn't call it a strong townread but there's been things that i think are town
Fair. Relative to everyone else in the game.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:52 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i think it just doesn't feel like she's super engaged with the game yet

but it feels like more of a town not being sure how to approach or caring that much about anything yet

than a scum doing any of that whether intentionally or not

thats why the skygazer vote felt the most scummy to me of her posts because it felt a little bit like she was forcing herself to do things in a way that i think she'd be more likely to do as scum

the revaluation/walkback afterwards though didn't really feel like the overall thing was done to accomplish any scum goals
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:06 am

Post by Skygazer »

busy day 2day :?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

[tweet][/tweet]
In post 305, fireisredsir wrote: i think it just doesn't feel like she's super engaged with the game yet

but it feels like more of a town not being sure how to approach or caring that much about anything yet

thats why the skygazer vote felt the most scummy to me of her posts because it felt a little bit like she was forcing herself to do things in a way that i think she'd be more likely to do as scum

the revaluation/walkback afterwards though didn't really feel like the overall thing was done to accomplish any scum goals
Idk why she forces herself to have a sky scumread as town ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 281, skitter30 wrote:
In post 277, Meuh wrote:
In post 271, skitter30 wrote: Ok that makes a lot more sense actually. I think that post is townie

(Although i don't really agree with the 'my feelings are boilerplate' bit - if that were the case, i don't think so many people would be objecting to them or telling me ot's *unreasonable*)

(Also i think i'm generally a p reasonable person as either alignment ...)

@meuh
Mhmm that's fair, your general approach to the game doesn't revolve around making super wild accusations.
I guess boilerplate may not be quite the correct term, maybe more inoffensive? Like even if people disagree with you, they're not wild reads to make or something that will provoke a super strong reaction.
I mean a bunch of people found this scummy so this plan isnt working super well for me then ...
What’s the point here????
Scum don’t play optimally. Regardless of what the reception to your takes were, they were ones a mafia member could easily think would be seen as reasonable and that people would agree with. It’s completely irrelevant whether or not people found it scummy, what’s relevant is that you as mafia would not expect them to.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:38 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 282, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 278, Meuh wrote: Current feeling: VPB/Osuka team, if town in there then scum in Skitter/Hellbooks
Rest can be town
Do you see alignment in those pairs or you just PoE'd the game?
Bit of both. I do townread the other 4 more than you 4, but I also skimmed the combined ISO and the interaction between everyone there felt very blegh. iirc either small interactions shoved at the end of posts or none at all. The puzzle pieces just click quite well within the group.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:42 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 307, skitter30 wrote: [tweet][/tweet]
In post 305, fireisredsir wrote: i think it just doesn't feel like she's super engaged with the game yet

What do you mean by this?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:45 pm

Post by Meuh »

I do want more substantive content from Ausuka but at this stage of the game, those townie vibes she’s given are enough for me to just sort her as town and worry about her later. Especially when there’s several people who I think are scummier both on individual play and general position within the game.
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:45 pm

Post by hellbooks »

hello everyone! I am sort of back. I still feel extremely tired and my jaw and legs are very sore (I suppose thats from the extended spasming) and my heads not entirely on. now that ive sufficiently made myself immune to criticism i will continue with my post as scheduled...
In post 251, fireisredsir wrote: i am somewhat conflicted on meuh bc i have gut scumread a few posts but i also like the things she's saying about skitter. i will think on this
i was also feeling meuh scumposting for much of page 9 and even a little bit onto the skitter points (but at that point my eyes were glazed over) i had been feeling like her approach at that point was kind of like to collect some complicated posts and then pass some kind of judgment on it -- without also strongly feeling the need to compel others -- and then move on. meuh might have fallen into that sweet spot of never beinguseless but also not being one of the great innovators-- like a secondarily useful player --, a strata that i find a large band of competent scum players end up falling into in the first half of a game
In post 284, osuka wrote: meuh feels town but id say thats definitely within the scumrange of most players so ill have to hold off on clearing that for d1
quite a space filling statement -- like someone who is invested in seeming opinionated. for someone who is prodging "shamelessly" surely there has to be some self-consciousness between this bundle of null reads. ironically the point being made is not so different from my own but remember that even hypocrites are sometimes right
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:46 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 307, skitter30 wrote: Idk why she forces herself to have a sky scumread as town ...
thats like what im doing

also i think you should be allowed to townread people who arent solving
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by Meuh »

Like my read isn’t super strong but I really can’t bring myself to scrutinize Ausuka when there’s other players I’d rather analyse.
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by hellbooks »

VOTE: osuka gonnajump ship onto team meuh so she can strengthen the contraindicative association between me and osuka
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:52 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 288, fireisredsir wrote: i think im somewhere like this

[tris, ausuka]
[skygazer]
[meuh, hellbooks, osuka, baltar]
[skitter]

and i feel conflicted on everyone in the group of 4

skygazer i just don't have any meta in order to be confident there but there's been specific things that vibe as town to me
I don’t know if I should feel good or bad about Fire’s reads overlapping so much with the ones I had just posted (+_+)
Considering I’m leaning town on them I’m just gonna assume it’s good and we can solve this game ezgg
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:53 pm

Post by hellbooks »

if you were scum skitter and seeing that the ausuka campaign was being met with a ton of resistance and also were finding your own personal standing in jeopardy from pushing it, what would you do? im genuinely curious. my first thought would be "well wouldnt scum want to try and wind this down and look for an easier miselim?" but maybe people dont actually think like that. maybe people die on hills more often than i think, instead of intentionally executing scum actions that benefit their own, maybe they do their best to just fully adopt a town mindset, with all its associated baggage, and counterproductive results. what narrative makes more sense here to you all?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 310, Meuh wrote:
In post 307, skitter30 wrote: [tweet][/tweet]

What do you mean by this?
Fire's saying: i think ausuka has townie vibes except well maybe for the fact that her scumread of sky felt forced

I'm saying: well, why aren't you paying more attention to that point, do you think town-ausuka forces that read? I don't think that's so likely
Show
Hiatus once more.

hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by hellbooks »

sorry sorry. i just got embarrassed. like i know skitter is one of those Great Players and maybe shes like reading that and being like wtf are you saying lol do you even play this game more than once a year
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:56 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 313, hellbooks wrote:
In post 307, skitter30 wrote: Idk why she forces herself to have a sky scumread as town ...
thats like what im doing

also i think you should be allowed to townread people who arent solving
Well you don't feel forced to me and i have a lot of other reasons to find ausuka scummy - in isolation the lack of solving is probably fine, with all of these other things, it isnt
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 315, hellbooks wrote: VOTE: osuka gonnajump ship onto team meuh so she can strengthen the contraindicative association between me and osuka
So the first thought that crosses my mind here is that if you were scum with osuka i think this os exactly the post you make >.>
Show
Hiatus once more.

hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by hellbooks »

ok I hope hes town then B)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:59 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 317, hellbooks wrote: if you were scum skitter and seeing that the ausuka campaign was being met with a ton of resistance and also were finding your own personal standing in jeopardy from pushing it, what would you do? im genuinely curious. my first thought would be "well wouldnt scum want to try and wind this down and look for an easier miselim?" but maybe people dont actually think like that. maybe people die on hills more often than i think, instead of intentionally executing scum actions that benefit their own, maybe they do their best to just fully adopt a town mindset, with all its associated baggage, and counterproductive results. what narrative makes more sense here to you all?
I think i would have dropped it a while ago tbh
(Also i think town is more likely to die on a hill tbh - i don't think scum usually go so far to replicate that approach if they see it's costing them standing in the game)

(Inb4 someone says: well, you know it would look townier to dig in your heels, so this is scummy)
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:59 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 319, hellbooks wrote: sorry sorry. i just got embarrassed. like i know skitter is one of those Great Players and maybe shes like reading that and being like wtf are you saying lol do you even play this game more than once a year
:)
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”