False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:46 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 420, Shirou wrote:I'm paying close attention to everything Mastina has said but I can't manage to do it with your posts
Y'know there's a reason for that. :P

I get a bad rep for being unreadable because for past-me it was justifiable.

These days though, I don't even really wallpost anymore and my posts are incredibly readable.

Those who say they can't read my posts are fucking liars.
They can choose not to, that's fair enough.
But my posts are remarkably clear.

(well, mostly--when I go on tangents/rambles like I am in this parenthesis, my post loses some of its ease of reading. In this case is needed tho because I uhhhhh...need to note: I'm taking a bad turn for the worse again, I'm not sure I can finish. I'll try to do what I can tho.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:50 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 447, DkKoba wrote:no offense but I binned your slot Town and I have no reason to really have to follow you ergo unless you're calling me scum or I need to convince you of something I feel no need to interact to clarify
This is scum btw.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:52 pm

Post by mastina »

(Also YE GODS I am taking a turn for the worse rapidly. Like, in last 15 minutes have gone from "I'm fine" to "oh small issues but should be okay" to bad flareup of blacking out, so uh...idk if I can finish. I don't know how much I can do. What the hell is wron with me. I bot my selep last night, so I shouldn't be this tad tonight.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:53 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 449, DkKoba wrote:What if we created a spreadsheet for all our teams reads and created an average to determine a d1 poe
How much ya wanna bet this is a scum sttrat to prevent natiral organic scumhunting to focus on an artificial mechanic causing the town to waste their time?

'Cause I wanna bet the chances are quite high!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:20 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 489, Shirou wrote:It's the second time Aisa tries to wagon me but I'm still ok with her slot
so uh, I just passed out for half an hour. Well close to, 1:53 to 2:18.

But wanted to say, not confident in Aisa town.

Something's wrong with me rn, badly wrong, so can't finish rn, sorry.

Will do this tho

VOTE: Arko

Would prefer to be better read, not happy with the woagn, but...
...idk, can't excist right now.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:21 pm

Post by Shirou »

I HATE this wagon. It's ultimately a coinflip and you're lying to yourself if you think it isn't.

I think Arko could flip scum right now but...what would that even TELL us?

If Arko flips town D1 was literally USELESS because we're back to Ausuka/DKkoba vs Italiano/Me. If Arko flips scum it's a bit good for us sure but we're still back to Ausuka/Koba vs Italiano/Me. It doesn't progress the game.

Arko is likely to be replaced by D2 at maximum, and then we can get Andante, or Keychain, or Sheep, etc. Players that are a lot more sortable.

If Arko isn't replaced or doesn't contribute a shitload to make up for his absence through today by D2 EoD, I see a stronger case to kill the slot even if it's still considered a coinflip by then, but right now? right here?

It's gonna be ok if he's scum, and really terrible if he's town. We don't have associatives to look into and voting Arko isn't a good anti-associative when he's so busable.
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:25 pm

Post by Shirou »

Creating a gamestate that involves certain slots flips to progress and then as deadline approaches wanting to compromise elsewhere, especially a low info slot, is something I love to do as scum.

Do you know why I love to do it as scum? It's because it's goddamn terrible for town. It doesn't help them reevaluate or progress their reads and it creates apathy for the sides of the main argument/tension in the game needing to repeat themselves over and over again until everyone just wants to poke their eyeballs out. Sometimes it ends up with the scum in the 1v1s being "pardoned" because people get bored of voting them even.

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:30 pm

Post by Shirou »

I would rather compromise on ITALIANO than to have a random useless coinflip on Arko.

I've been in two 4-man scumteam games where we killed half of it in D1/D2, and in both town lost. The flips were so early that it told them nothing useful. Controlling associatives in long-term is one of the hardest things to do as scum and something that isn't completely reliant on you given the weakest link of the scumteam can spill the beans on who is more likely to be town or not as well.

A good scum flip is when you get the sense of gaining more trust in some slots and less trustful of others. We don't gain any of that from this, and if town like I said, ultra terrible flip for the gamestate.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:36 pm

Post by Shirou »

Ankamius, a really good town player, even had expanded on this theory that a D1 scum flip isn't as useful as town think it is if they learn nothing from it, and that most games like that end up in a town loss anyway.

I think:

Killing a very low info scum in D1 of a 4p scumteam game is pretty useless. You're still just as likely to lose than to win imo.

Killing a very low info scum in D1 of a 3p scumteam game does give a considerable perk to town. However I'm still not a fan of it.

Killing a very low info scum in D1 of a 2p scumteam game IS really useful anyway because then you're one away from victory.

This is the best scenario from this flip and it's kinda meh. If Arko is town though?

Terrible wagon honestly. I want to solve Ausuka/Italiano dichotomy here than whatever is this.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:42 pm

Post by Shirou »

So yeah, I think Arko is more likely to flip scum here than Italiano, but between Arko and Italiano, I may vote Italiano to hedge on me being wrong + making sure Ausuka/Koba is gonna get in heat tomorrow if he's town.

If Arko wasn't a few hours away from being replaced, and was the kind of player to keep prod dodging until lategame like Not_Mafia or Freedom, I could see the argument for killing him today. But that's not the case, he was also replaced in his last town game.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:45 pm

Post by Shirou »

I would really like people to choose between Ausuka vs Italiano.

Hell, at minimum between Koba vs me.

I don't think this is against the rules so I'm also gonna state it:

If Freedom is the one to replace Arko I WILL try to kill the slot because in my past games with Freedom he was very low activity and we need a high activity player here to compensate on the time lost with Arko not playing.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:54 pm

Post by Shirou »

Also, I think I scum lean a bit Xof reasoning to get into this wagon. I think that was a bit reachy. I think there was other people also indecisive on how to read me even if I had a lot of posts.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:00 am

Post by Shirou »

I think this is potentially a bad decision from town but I guess I could ultimately live with it if he isn't replaced in a few hours.

If he's replaced by a higher activity player and you kill them anyway because Arko didn't contribute, I would be disappointed even if they flipped scum actually.

This game really needs more people talking even if they were scum.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:07 am

Post by Shirou »

Now...back to posting gifs!

Dear Ausuka, did anything interesting happen in the hood w/ Koba or in the scum PT? :oops:

(Aka Volpe14)
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:18 am

Post by Ausuka »

We ate snacks and had a pillow fight and you're NOT invited
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:26 am

Post by Ausuka »

I somewhat disagree about limming inactives always being bad for town? In this case he probably will get replaced and it's not far from random but idk generally I like the fact that there is something to disincentivise mafia from doing nothing. Especially in this game where, no offense but there are quite a few slots who are difficult to read for not having done a whole lot.

I probably won't vote for arko unless we get closer to deadline and there are no better options because like he probably will indeed get replaced
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:38 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 964, Ausuka wrote: We ate snacks and had a pillow fight and you're NOT invited
B-BUT I thought we were INSEPARABLE childhood friends?!

(Aka Volpe14)
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:57 am

Post by Ausuka »

That was before you started bullying me :cry:
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:31 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 960, Shirou wrote: I would really like people to choose between Ausuka vs Italiano.

Hell, at minimum between Koba vs me.

I don't think this is against the rules so I'm also gonna state it:

If Freedom is the one to replace Arko I WILL try to kill the slot because in my past games with Freedom he was very low activity and we need a high activity player here to compensate on the time lost with Arko not playing.
I will be looking back over Italiano within the next 24 hours.

For me I think an Arko elim has a better chance at hitting scum than any old low-activity elimination, but if there’s going to be a replacement (which is looking more and more likely) then my vote isn’t really doing much rn.

I do wonder why Italiano/Ausuka is a dichotomy you see as not changing though. My experience is that games are often more dynamic than that.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:56 am

Post by DkKoba »

shirou no offense but you have this very gaslighty and loud playstyle that I have had to deal with in the past and at this point im just so burnt out of that kind of playstyle that I just don't want to deal with it, so asking you kindly, post less thx.

it will do wonders for the game health and i'm sure im not the only one who feels that way. plus you are loudly trying to steer the game into 2 townies and it's frankly, a bit demoralizing that we will have to deal with you potentially throwing this game out of ego because you don't understand proper elimination orders for PoEs

Aisa
Ausuka
DrippingGoofball
Kowahbunga
Mastina
Shirou
DeasVail
Xofelf
Ydrasse
Malakittens
ItalianoVD
Arko (due to lack of activity)
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:59 am

Post by Ausuka »

Koba why is dgb so high
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:02 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 970, Ausuka wrote: Koba why is dgb so high
because dgb is an easy read, skill issue
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:05 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 936, Ausuka wrote:
In post 931, ItalianoVD wrote: Refusal is a strong word. I can see if I literally said "I'm done engaging with you', but you asked me "Ok, so what about that suggests it was a forgone conclusion?" I responded with "my perception", meaning I perceived it to be that way in which I later told you why it felt like scum and not like town.
I still really don't understand this? Like, if you asked someone why they scumread something, and they answered "My perception :neutral: " how would you react to that? It doesn't say anything about why you thought that way, it just seems like a reworded version of "That's what I think because that's what I think." This is my main hangup on my read of you - I don't see how, even if it was a town genuine thing, you don't at least see where I'm coming from here.
But in the previous interaction, I told you that I felt you were just asking the questions just to ask them to look busy. THAT was my answer to your question. I don't know how else to say. You asked me why I felt you were scummy, and I gave you an answer, then you reworded pretty much the same question you previously asked me, so I reiterated that it was my perception. If you're town I'm really sorry that we are not connecting mentally here. I honestly don't know how to else say what I've already said. :neutral:
In post 931, ItalianoVD wrote: From what I remember seeing while it was happening live and upon my lookback is that I was suspicious early on for saying what I said about DGB. That's the reason you even engaged with me in the first place and now you're trying to paint this picture that it was other reasons. And no, that is not the crime you are being accused of. Checking to understand the situation is fine in a vacuum. The reaction/response is the crime for me, which I've said multiple times already.
It's the same thing? Yeah, I thought you were suspicious for the DGB comment. I wanted to ask for context because sometimes I do misunderstand things. It's true that I was always going to vote for you if I wasn't misunderstanding anything, but how is that the same as the question being pointless?
If I said the question was pointless, it's not what I meant and I was just probably in the heat of moment. The question was not a problem for me. Questions are never a problem for me because I can answer them as best I can and as genuine and honest as I can, but fmpov if I do that and still get scumread for it and get voted on, then in my mind, I'm thinking 1) Why did they ask me this, what was the agenda or goal and 2) I answered truthfully and as best I could and that wasn't good enough for them.

Should I immediately go to that person being scum. Eh maybe, maybe not, but in my experience that is how I've caught scum before, but I do understand the situation is nuanced. Shrug.
In post 931, ItalianoVD wrote: Shows that you didn't read all of my posts to get an idea of where my head was because I very much said and did more than just post a readslist.
I said things like that for a reason - I'm aware you did more than that, but like most of it felt similar to me
That's fair.
In post 931, ItalianoVD wrote: I will admit from posts 1-173 I was still trying to get a feel for the game so majority is in fact fluff with maybe a sprinkle or two of actual substance, maybe not depending on who you ask lol.

My first catchup and second catchup and from posts 305 to when I posted my readslist in 576 and then from 867 - 891 is full of game advancing posts, thoughts going on in my head, reads, why I feel the way I do or do what I do, questions to those scumreading my townreads, questions to townreads regarding potential scum, etc. For anyone to say I was doing nothing here is just scum because even if a townie hates me, they eventually have to play to the wincon and admit the truth. If someone wanted to use 1-173 as a case for someone being scum then so be it, do your thing, but these sections outdo/outdid all of what my scumreads were doing/saying at that point. I don't like flexing, I seriously don't, but I feel it's needed here because of the ridiculous notion I haven't been doing anything this game. The evidence shows this to be contrary, because even when I wasn't "doing anything" that was early game and

If you are town you are dead wrong, but if you're scum then everything makes sense.
You weren't doing nothing, and if I said that it was an exaggeration and that's bad of me. You posted game related content, but I don't think it was game advancing content for the most part. I think discussion about the AtE has been done to death but personally I don't think it's difficult to fake. I think broad-strokes sorting people by activity, even if it's not meant to be the primary point you read people from, still feels like posting for the sake of it. Stuff like the readslist and posting +1 to DGB's reads - like just saying 'these people are town, these people are scum' without elaboration - a lot of these things aren't inherently bad or scummy, but like, I think there is an absence of meat here. And like, the fact that I was your only strong read in - and a scumread at that - to me indicates town Italiano is likely to discuss me more, try and respond to what I'm saying and/or try to push me and get a wagon on me going, rather than just naked voting.

Your posts after coming back were better and I don't think I claimed otherwise, and that's why I said I was less confident about you afterwards. I don't really townread your posts that much - I think most of it is cheerleading shirou and/or defending yourself in a way I don't find all that town-indicative, but like I don't expect that town Italiano wouldn't be doing either of these things.
I think that we've had a clash of playstyles possibly. I haven't played with you before and you haven't played with me before. This is how I play, it's unorthodox and it's unconventional and even a little weird and think that's why I always get scumread. I'm seeing that maybe you need more progression from players instead of just naked votes, naked readslist, as well as reasons for why they feel the way they do. Honestly I thought I was giving that to you and others so far, but I guess I gotta go deeper; always room to grow and get better.

In that case what do you think of Mastina or DGB who basically did the same thing as me, coming in and just throwing reads down without progression or explanation. (This is not shade toward either slot, I'm just making a comparison example so chill out people :P )
In post 932, ItalianoVD wrote: Ausuka, say you're town and fypov I am town and let's go with the premise that I have scum on my wagon or in the group of people who are suspicious of me, who do you think is the most likely for it to be?
It's tricky to say because I don't have a clear-cut list of 'people who suspect Italiano' in my head, a lot of people are in the middle where they say you're vaguely suspicious but don't want to vote for you. Your wagon rn is me, koba and DV. I wasn't a big fan of DV's read on kowahbungah, for reasons I might have explained here but also might have explained in the hood instead? Basically it was that I don't think most newer players are all that likely to think hard about how to achieve lims rather than just calling out people who are scummy, and Kowah felt sort of limbait-y at the time so I was skeptical of that push.
[/quote]

If you are town I think scum would be between either Koba or DV, I don't think both, so if Koba is town then I think DV might be the scum and vice versa.

Anyway I'm starting to feel a lot better about your slot Ausuka. As I said I think not having played with each before I'm guessing there is a leraning curve here. This interaction was good for me, not sure if it was for you, but I am feeling a lot better about this and maybe I was just wrong and caught up in the moment.
I wonder if MH coached Italiano at all or if that was just rock solid scum play start to finish.
- MUSHSHAGANA
I don’t feel like this specific town could have beaten this scum strategy played as strongly as it was.
- MUSHSHAGANA
I'm frustrated with myself that I can't get any sort of read on you.
- Redados
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:10 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 934, DeasVail wrote:
In post 889, ItalianoVD wrote: You only had a problem with those two because you townread them which is fair, but from looking at your list below, we didn't/don't really differ in townreads and seeing how low DGB and Arko is neither did we differ that much on scumleans, so I guess instead of asking about why those, my real question is why do you scumread me? What is your case and why is it that you are so adamant about it and seemingly so confident (tunnelly) about it?
Is there a reason you were referencing my most recent reads list instead of the one I made closer to the time of the reads list I questioned you on?
I ask you questions first. Mind getting to those first? I can answer afterwards.
I wonder if MH coached Italiano at all or if that was just rock solid scum play start to finish.
- MUSHSHAGANA
I don’t feel like this specific town could have beaten this scum strategy played as strongly as it was.
- MUSHSHAGANA
I'm frustrated with myself that I can't get any sort of read on you.
- Redados
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:13 am

Post by DkKoba »

also yes im ignoring mastina intentionally because there is no reasoning with her atp, i will simply bury scum and then she can be forced to townread me or its just clear she is scum who got told by teammates about her usual treatment of me as town and thus is faking it here

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”