TM 2023 | Masterchef MafiaScum (Game over)

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:13 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

V
OTECOUNT
S
HELF:
E
LIMINATION
V
OTES
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
V
OTES
Aureal (2)
NorwegianboyEE, Dessew
biancospino (0)
None
Dessew (3)
furtiveglance, biancospino, Morning Tweet
Doctor Drew (1)
McMenno
furtiveglance (0)
None
Korina (0)
None
McMenno (0)
None
Morning Tweet (1)
Doctor Drew
NorwegianboyEE (0)
None
NOT VOTING:
Korina, Aureal
With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.
Deadline: (expired on 2023-04-25 18:20:00)
Notes:

pagetops: Aristeia 6 | Lilith 5 | Norwegianboy 4 | Dr Drew 2 | McMenno 1 | Aureal 1 | furtive 1 | MT 1 | Dessew 1
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:18 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 549, Morning Tweet wrote: Drew u tunnel vision on me being mechanically bad, I tell you why it's not AI since I'm not mechanical for shit, and then you're telling me to fuck off now because it's my fault I messed up the mech? The mech I said wasn't AI but you said was? That you're pushing me for? Uh... huh

I'm glad you're enjoying whatever it is you are doing
I do enjoy catching scum, yes.

You still really don't get it do you?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:10 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 320, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 319, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 315, Dessew wrote: I'm fine with eliminating Menno, furtive or Aureal at this point. My townreads are the same.

I've recently had a game where Drew replced in, he's a chill, active player. Let's see what he does.
This seems like scum content to me.

VOTE: Dessew
If we do get a scum flip of Dessew it probably means Korina, Aristeia and Norwee are all town as well

furtive can you explain your reasoning here please? I think I know why you're saying it but I disagree with that.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:38 pm

Post by Dessew »

For Aureal's long post, the part that really set the alarm bells off for me was when she said that she can now trust Tweet being town because he reads her correctly or something along those lines. Firstly, in the moment this development would be fine, but in a retrospective it's just forced and unnatural to bring it up because it's extremely weak. Secondly, why call a player both alignments in the same post if you've been playing along since the beginning? For a replacement it can make sense because they might want to give us their authentic first impressions, but Aureal already had the benefit of hindsight. Town intentions wouldn't yield this chronological approach.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. There are pros and contras to this read. On the one hand, it's popularly said that spirits from the otherworld never lie, especially if it's family. On the other hand, unfortunately there are a lot of fake, uncertified psychics out there, and you might think Kuribo's being untruthful. To this I say: Kuribo's the most honest player on this entire site. It's common knowledge that he doesn't have a non-scumhunting bone in his body, and sheeping him is always the best possible strategy (because he busses really hard as mafia).

I'll later put together a proper case on Aureal, but I'm currently on a train.

I missed the names of the judges, it's a good find. Then there must be two mafia, and they must be the judges (why else come up with the name Calvin Song?)
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:50 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Alisae really wants me to vote Dessew so i'll do it. They're in my PoE anyway.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:44 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I'm liking the Dessew pressure. More later, watch this space!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:17 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 553, Dessew wrote: I missed the names of the judges, it's a good find. Then there must be two mafia, and they must be the judges (why else come up with the name Calvin Song?)
Is there a point in talking about this like it’s amazing news?
This is 9 players list so sure there probably is two mafia, but like you feel a blt like trying hard to seem uninformed while also subtly not being so? Odd vibes.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:29 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Ok Shirou too said they think MT is town because og Ari’s content. They’ll post more reads later.

- Bunno
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:21 am

Post by Aureal »

That is E-1 on Dessew. Not thrilled that it wasn't noted.
In post 555, furtiveglance wrote: I'm liking the Dessew pressure. More later, watch this space!

Is this supposed to be your response to my question? When is later supposed to be?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:26 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 556, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 553, Dessew wrote: I missed the names of the judges, it's a good find. Then there must be two mafia, and they must be the judges (why else come up with the name Calvin Song?)
This is 9 players list so sure there probably is two mafia, but like you feel a blt like trying hard to seem uninformed while also subtly not being so? Odd vibes.
We we talking about 2 versus 3 mafia earlier

Also that is E 1
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:27 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

UNVOTE: no time rn will read latr
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:19 am

Post by Korina »

E-1

Don’t have time currently but can explain later
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:34 am

Post by McMenno »

not feeling great about this
dessew probably only about my fourth choice
mafiascum is on life support
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:41 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I know you prefer Drew but is it just based on the repout? Because Kawaii reps out of a lot of games so i don’t think it proves anything about their alignment.

- Bunno
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:22 am

Post by Dessew »

I acknowledged and answered to bianco's post. I don't see how a one-line paragraph is "amazing news", when in the same post I wrote about four times as much about Aureal. What's your problem exactly?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:38 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 562, McMenno wrote: not feeling great about this
dessew probably only about my fourth choice

Can you make a case for your other choices, then? I assume Drew would be one but you've not really done anything we could take seriously on the other two. I'm a little wary of this flip too, feels a little too much an easily-designated miselimination. I've been looking at ISOs and finding the potential partners to mostly be seemingly too obvious to be partners.
-furtiveglance
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:45 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 564, Dessew wrote:
I acknowledged and answered to bianco's post. I don't see how a one-line paragraph is "amazing news", when in the same post I wrote about four times as much about Aureal. What's your problem exactly?
"What’s my problem"? Did you mean to type it like that? Because it sounds very rude.

- Bunno
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:21 am

Post by Dessew »

Was that an attempt to answer my question?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:24 am

Post by Dessew »

*attempt at answering the question, TIL
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:11 am

Post by Dessew »

Now I've actually at down and properly looked at Aureal's ISO (also on a laptop), and I'm dumb, Aureal seems to be town. She's been actually quite proactive. I still think is weird, it's very different from her other stuff, but it's not extremely scummy, and it's just one post. I misremembered, soryy.

VOTE: furtive

I still really like furtive elimination, and I know it's legit because it's based on his voting history, which I do remember correctly.

Write now we're E-1, but I won't get eliminated, so if you're off the wagon but suspect me, not declaring intent is anti-town (not necessarily in terms of alignment, but in terms of your effect on the game). Not discussing alternative or second choice eliminations is also anti-town. From the other two wagons, I townread Tweet a lot, and Drew a little, but still.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:28 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 567, Dessew wrote: Was that an attempt to answer my question?
What question?

- Bunno
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:31 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 569, Dessew wrote: I won't get eliminated
PR claim?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:35 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Imagine if Furtive was scum and just openly asked a slot they are voting if they are PR.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:35 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Anyway Furtive still town if anyone had doubts.

- Bunno
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:46 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 558, Aureal wrote:
In post 555, furtiveglance wrote: I'm liking the Dessew pressure. More later, watch this space!

Is this supposed to be your response to my question? When is later supposed to be?
VOTE: furtiveglance
Why are you ignoring me, furtive?

I really would like to know more about your reasoning for being on the Dessew wagon, too. Same question to Norwe- do you have anything other than just Alisae's opinion?
-furtiveglance

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”