TM 2023 | Super Mario Bros Mafia | Game Over!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:25 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 574, petapan wrote: i am willing to accept "no viable partners" reads but usually not on day 1
Call me conceited but I don't expect that I have the luxury of waiting til endgame.
This is a Parachute.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:29 pm

Post by petapan »

would it help if i pinkie promised not to push HPE if you died and flipped town
free crypto
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:34 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 489, wgeurts wrote:
In post 488, Porkens wrote: “Tedious”? Dang.
Can you for once actually comment on the game, actually give thoughts on what's happening, instead of being obnoxious?
Soon. How am I being obnoxious?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:43 pm

Post by Jingle »

The opposite in fact. It's not really about whether you'll go after HPE when I'm dead. It's about who you think is viable and how they react to that read and how you react to them reacting to that read and recursive bullshit down the line. If we had infinite time and infinite motivation, I fully believe town could solve every game D1.

I'm just trying to get as much information as I can right now.

FWIW, I think this back and forth right here is exactly as productive as you actually having given in and given exactly what I asked for though.
This is a Parachute.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:44 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 496, petapan wrote:
In post 399, Radical Rat wrote: For that to be the case, it would mean Fate's hypothetical partner is someone with a teammate on your list of people who may know you, right?

Which, skimming over the team list could only be petapan.

I've had brewing suspicions on him for a while now, mostly because early game he seemed to be actively avoiding doing content, so I'll bite there. I don't necessarily think you're right, but peta being actually scummy to me and doubling as a sanity check on the very stylish hat sounds good.

VOTE: petapan
i don't think i was "actively avoiding doing content" at all, even if i was pretty reticent to state conclusions

also, you don't think jingle is necessarily right with the paranoia on fate being informed by his teammate about how to play around jingle, but are willing to vote me to test it???

(ftr i have no concrete memories of playing with bingle since coming out of retirement - we might have played in a datisi hosted secret hitler game but that isn't mafia and is a marathon game so is totally irrelevant, i have ~no useful meta on how he plays)
You made a lot of naked votes with no actual elaboration, partly during RVS, but even then the point of RVS is to generate content, not JUST vote randomly.

Let that suspicion sit for a while to see if you ever got better and... not really. It's picked up a bit now that you're actually in danger though, so let's keep that danger looming a bit, eh?
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:46 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 473, Porkens wrote: Y’all need to stop name dropping me
Porkens
This is a Parachute.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:54 pm

Post by Adorable »

VOTE: Cerb666
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:07 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 579, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 496, petapan wrote:
In post 399, Radical Rat wrote: For that to be the case, it would mean Fate's hypothetical partner is someone with a teammate on your list of people who may know you, right?

Which, skimming over the team list could only be petapan.

I've had brewing suspicions on him for a while now, mostly because early game he seemed to be actively avoiding doing content, so I'll bite there. I don't necessarily think you're right, but peta being actually scummy to me and doubling as a sanity check on the very stylish hat sounds good.

VOTE: petapan
i don't think i was "actively avoiding doing content" at all, even if i was pretty reticent to state conclusions

also, you don't think jingle is necessarily right with the paranoia on fate being informed by his teammate about how to play around jingle, but are willing to vote me to test it???

(ftr i have no concrete memories of playing with bingle since coming out of retirement - we might have played in a datisi hosted secret hitler game but that isn't mafia and is a marathon game so is totally irrelevant, i have ~no useful meta on how he plays)
You made a lot of naked votes with no actual elaboration, partly during RVS, but even then the point of RVS is to generate content, not JUST vote randomly.

Let that suspicion sit for a while to see if you ever got better and... not really. It's picked up a bit now that you're actually in danger though, so let's keep that danger looming a bit, eh?
naked votes are usually more productive than people fluffing with their friends
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:23 pm

Post by petapan »

csf's scum game is probably better than i'm giving her credit for if erecent new game is any indication but i've still liked a bunch of the posts she's made
free crypto
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:52 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 553, HighPrincessErinys wrote: This one can give you a readlist on everyone and clarify "silly" and try its hardest to explain what made it change it's mind on peta.
But you also never asked for any of that, never tried to get me to generate content by openly questioning me, you just let me go about my business so you could spin it as scummy.
The closest you came was which this one answered and you then subsequently said "hey isnt it weird how HPE said porkens then voted fate??" like that means anything when they were both birds of a not-doing-much feather at that point.
The bolded is not an especially damning point considering wgeurts had been scumreading it basically the whole game, but I can see HPE thinking this and seeing a scum driven push on it
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:56 pm

I think Adorable, HPE, petapan, Radical Rat, and wgeurts are all probably town

I was kinda gutreading Porkens town, but it's not a read I care to go to bat for
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:02 pm

In post 377, Jingle wrote: Cerb {initial bad vibes but good since,
I'm curious what Koba thought the inflection point was, since I didn't get this feeling about Cerb's posting
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:55 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 247, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 243, Adorable wrote:
In post 235, Cerberus v666 wrote: JUST FOR YOU ADORABLE!!!
In post 40, Adorable wrote: I'm currently null on everyone at the moment.
In post 67, Adorable wrote: If no one wants the double vote power up then I'll be willing to take it.
Why are you even saying these things? I don't see an objective to either post?
In post 71, Adorable wrote:
In post 62, Jingle wrote:
In post 60, HighPrincessErinys wrote: We should still probably give it to someone, right?
Why?

It doesn't do anything and just bloats the thread to do so.
What does that mean by bloats the thread?
I don't want to hate on someone for asking questions, but what is your objective here? I assume you know what bloating the thread means, and also understand why talking about this would do so. Which means you have some other objective to asking the question, so what is it?
My objective was to let players know that I didn't have any reads and it's better to share what I have been feeling instead of keeping it to myself. A teammate of mine said I should get the double vote power which is why I said in the thread I would be willing to take it. I didn't know on what bloating the thread means which is why I asked.
Interesting. This post is approximately 55% scum, 45% town. I think it's *slighly* more scum than town to want to get your thoughts out in the game ahead of people questioning you about them, and it's *definitely* more scum than town to defer responsibility for doing something that the game has decided is scummy. Interesting that you did not know what was meant by bloating the thread, but understood, makes sense in that case.
This is the last post Koba specifically called out as bad from cerbs (waffley weak uses a lot of words to say not a lot of substance).

I don’t know if there are specific posts since then they liked, but I did let Koba know that “a lot of words” is a NAI thing for cerbs afaicr so it might have been a reread thing. I’ll get back to you when they see this.
This is a Parachute.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:41 am

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 1.7

wgeurts (2) - Porkens, HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys (2) - wgeurts, Fate
Petapan (2) - Jingle, Radical Rat
Fate (1) - Cat Scratch Fever
Porkens (1) - Petapan
Cerberus v666 (1) - Adorable

Not voting (1) - Cerberus v666

(expired on 2023-04-26 11:46:00) remain until day end

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to reach a majority.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:00 am

Post by petapan »

In post 579, Radical Rat wrote: Let that suspicion sit for a while to see if you ever got better and... not really. It's picked up a bit now that you're actually in danger though, so let's keep that danger looming a bit, eh?
hey, this really made me angry, so if you could not talk to me this way ever that would be great
free crypto
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:10 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 589, petapan wrote: hey, this really made me angry, so if you could not talk to me this way ever that would be great
What about it made you angry?
This is a Parachute.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:18 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 589, petapan wrote:
In post 579, Radical Rat wrote: Let that suspicion sit for a while to see if you ever got better and... not really. It's picked up a bit now that you're actually in danger though, so let's keep that danger looming a bit, eh?
hey, this really made me angry, so if you could not talk to me this way ever that would be great
I'm sorry, I'm actually confused here. Is it just because it's too theatrical?
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:20 am

Post by Fate »

Oh NOW there's content

And yet the VC is still disappointing as ever
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:28 am

Post by Jingle »

There's been like three cases in the last day. Thoughts on any of them, Fate?
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:47 am

Post by Jingle »

ngl, there's a big part of me that just wants to lim wgeurts because if they flip red this game goes easy mode real fast.
This is a Parachute.
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:14 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 592, Fate wrote: Oh NOW there's content

And yet the VC is still disappointing as ever
Last this one checked you were the one who didn't want to keep moving votes.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:15 am

Post by petapan »

In post 591, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 589, petapan wrote:
I'm sorry, I'm actually confused here. Is it just because it's too theatrical?
i took a single day off from the game because i was feeling sick and to have it implied i was trying to lurk out and only started posting due to getting voted by you is really insulting
free crypto
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:35 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 507, wgeurts wrote: Them liking RR for town very early on, I loved their switch to HBE as it was literally what I was considering just as their vote came up during my first reread, their added information on adorable, 299 on Cerb which is currently my standing too. The only thing I properly disagreed with was their early issues with you
Could you give post numbers at least for these? I legitimately can't find peta liking radrat unless you're talking the one line in a read wall in 539, which...

The switch from me to HPE felt like an olive branch when I turned out to be a giant fucking pain to eliminate and an attempt to avoid a 1v1, which certainly could be town but isn't particularly strong, and voting someone for being awkward certainly doesn't strike me as a strong reason to townread anyone.

Confirming a metatell on adorable is pretty meh as a reason for a townread as well, especially given it's a TM meta read and thus basically everyone should have someone who could share that info with them, but I guess I can see why you'd call that towny.

cerb in 299 is an okay take, but not all that groundbreaking or out there.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:41 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 596, petapan wrote: i took a single day off from the game because i was feeling sick and to have it implied i was trying to lurk out and only started posting due to getting voted by you is really insulting
In fairness, regardless of reasoning you did drop off a bit. I accept the reasoning and most certainly no longer have reservations with the amount of contribution you're giving (It's better than most of the thread) but your reaction is surprisingly strong here.

Do you think Rat is trying to paint a narrative or do you think rat is town who is just being generally uncharitable?
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:44 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 582, petapan wrote: people fluffing with their friends
Is there anyone 'fluffing with their friends' in lieu of giving content fypov? Afaict, the big offenders for not giving content are kind of just not doing anything at all.

oh, and UNVOTE:

Not sure I endorse a peta lim atm.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”