Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:06 am

Post by Shirou »

Oh also, FB said if he was here in my place he would sheep DGB on Arko even if I personally "town read" the guy

I feel some desire to make who we lim today someone's else but I wouldn't do it if I town read a slot, and I was town reading Arko before.

Right now...I don't think I'm town reading him anymore though, not sure if I'm willing to vote there yet but yeah, @Arko do something.

p-edit: oh, talking about the devil
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:12 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 624, Ausuka wrote: Shirou are you mad at me
Also I think you said you were going to read over italiano, did anything come of that
Oh sorry I forgot to reply your question, no I'm not mad at you why would I be? :]

about italiano...did I actually promise that? I read his AtE posts and felt it was genuine and DGB backed off (I saw her as the one giving the most credibility to the push because I don't remember exactly which games, but I've the mental image of her as a very capable town player), I'll probably do it at some point but I'm afraid not today

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:13 am

Post by Arko »

Yes, congratulations! sorry I've just not been too well off on motivation so I've really missed 2 days. I don't feel good about it.
Insert an uncreative signature here. Maybe one day, maybe one day. Well at least it has colour. Now pink and bold :3
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:15 am

Post by Arko »

Please fire away any questions, I'm reading back right now, I don't know what has happened so short information dumps and questions go ahead.
Insert an uncreative signature here. Maybe one day, maybe one day. Well at least it has colour. Now pink and bold :3
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:18 am

Post by Ydrasse »

your tone disarms me so arko

can you read at least the last few pages and see how you feel about what's been said if not the entire two days worth? i think right now there's a small mounting wagon on you (im on it ftr), and italiano who has a larger one.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:19 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 491, Shirou wrote: I don't scumread Italiano but I'm not gonna say he's town either, I need to re:read his ISO when I've the time but I don't feel he has higher odds of flipping scum than Mala at the moment.
I was referring to this. I made a post about my read on italiano, did you see that or think anything about it

pedit: isn't it just me and DV who are voting for italiano
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:20 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i thought someone else did
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:20 am

Post by Ydrasse »

I am a liar and a fraud italiano's wagon isnt that big
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:23 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 618, Ydrasse wrote: what does "look like i have thoughts" even mean in comparison to just having them
is it presentation or the way i talk because i literally dont. get it.

@dv i dont think itll make them more likely to post but i have an idea of what id expect from town arko vs scum based on skimming their other games
Not sure if this was directed at me or at Shirou. But to explain this better:

When I said that I felt like your posts contained a lot of exposition. For example, you voted then unvoted me, and when you unvoted you explained your whole thought process on me up to that point.

One thing that makes me townread people is when I feel like there is more thought in a post than first meets the eye.
For example, I might be suspicious of a slot. Then someone else might make a post where they don't state an explicit scumread but from the wording / implication of the argument I think they are also suspicious of the same slot.
I guess I also tend townread slots that just seem to have quite nuanced thought processes. Xofelf's posts in this game are a good example.

Your posts were more like "I townread [slot] for [simple reason]" and there's nothing wrong with that posting style inherently, it's just that my mind sees it and goes "??? cannot know what alignment this person is"
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:25 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 575, Ausuka wrote: viewtopic.php?sid=&f=51&t=90403&user_select%5B%5D=34307

For example I found this game in which Ydrasse is town and almost all of her posts in the early game are one or two liners? Like more so than the scum game I would say, although I haven't looked it over too closely. I don't understand what you see in this line of argument - have you seen this game, and if so how did it impact your thinking?
I had looked on this game you linked a bit during lunchbreak and yeah, it felt very low effort. However although I hadn't seen that game before, I don't think it changes completely what I was arguing for. I said I didn't necessarily mean your read on her was wrong but that she was objectively playing this game differently than Dance Game as you implied here:
In post 568, Ausuka wrote: I don't think I put much focus on her slot in general there, but looking back, I don't see any significant difference that would impact my read
I wanted to see what you would post/think if you changed your opinion about this game not having "significant differences" to the Dance Game, however you linked a town game of her where she is also lower effort.

I think you would be "winning" the argument with that if I was strictly arguing that Ydra is only casual/minimalistic in her scum games, but that's not it, I was making an observation that regardless of what everyone thinks her alignment is, she
is
playing this game differently than the Dance Game, and it does puzzle me a bit that you don't seem to concede on that point at all

Linking a different game to say she played there similarly to Dance Game kinda subconsciously/indirectly implies to me that you realize there's a difference on her play here after all but I may be reading too much into this.

(Aka Volpe14)
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:30 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 634, Shirou wrote:
In post 575, Ausuka wrote: viewtopic.php?sid=&f=51&t=90403&user_select%5B%5D=34307

For example I found this game in which Ydrasse is town and almost all of her posts in the early game are one or two liners? Like more so than the scum game I would say, although I haven't looked it over too closely. I don't understand what you see in this line of argument - have you seen this game, and if so how did it impact your thinking?
I had looked on this game you linked a bit during lunchbreak and yeah, it felt very low effort. However although I hadn't seen that game before, I don't think it changes completely what I was arguing for. I said I didn't necessarily mean your read on her was wrong but that she was objectively playing this game differently than Dance Game as you implied here:
In post 568, Ausuka wrote: I don't think I put much focus on her slot in general there, but looking back, I don't see any significant difference that would impact my read
I wanted to see what you would post/think if you changed your opinion about this game not having "significant differences" to the Dance Game, however you linked a town game of her where she is also lower effort.

I think you would be "winning" the argument with that if I was strictly arguing that Ydra is only casual/minimalistic in her scum games, but that's not it, I was making an observation that regardless of what everyone thinks her alignment is, she
is
playing this game differently than the Dance Game, and it does puzzle me a bit that you don't seem to concede on that point at all

Linking a different game to say she played there similarly to Dance Game kinda subconsciously/indirectly implies to me that you realize there's a difference on her play here after all but I may be reading too much into this.
I mean it doesn't contradict what I said either way because it's not a significant difference that should impact my read. If I concede the difference, which I don't really want to because I don't see it, why does it matter? Like, you initiated this line of argument, what do you think will come out of it? I sort of feel like you're approaching this like I started talking to you insisting that Ydrasse is scum because she's different from the dance game or something. I'm pretty sure I never said anything along these lines.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:31 am

Post by Ausuka »

Like I'm pointing out that this is sort of an irrelevant line of argument and you say that's conceding that you were right on the argument which is just ??? to me
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:35 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 633, Aisa wrote:
In post 618, Ydrasse wrote: what does "look like i have thoughts" even mean in comparison to just having them
is it presentation or the way i talk because i literally dont. get it.

@dv i dont think itll make them more likely to post but i have an idea of what id expect from town arko vs scum based on skimming their other games
Not sure if this was directed at me or at Shirou. But to explain this better:

When I said that I felt like your posts contained a lot of exposition. For example, you voted then unvoted me, and when you unvoted you explained your whole thought process on me up to that point.

One thing that makes me townread people is when I feel like there is more thought in a post than first meets the eye.
For example, I might be suspicious of a slot. Then someone else might make a post where they don't state an explicit scumread but from the wording / implication of the argument I think they are also suspicious of the same slot.
I guess I also tend townread slots that just seem to have quite nuanced thought processes. Xofelf's posts in this game are a good example.

Your posts were more like "I townread [slot] for [simple reason]" and there's nothing wrong with that posting style inherently, it's just that my mind sees it and goes "??? cannot know what alignment this person is"
So I think my point was that
to me, some town slots feel like they have so many thoughts they can't help but spill some of them into their posting even without intending to
and that felt absent from your posting up to that point
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:36 am

Post by DkKoba »

aisa feels very cognizant in their recentish posts of thread happenings and is incorporating a lot of it into their reads in a way i think that i dont see them as a player personality wise being able to replicate as scum
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:36 am

Post by Arko »

Been reading back right now, will get to the questions once I've read up to here since a lot talk about current pages. around 2/3 done.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:37 am

Post by DkKoba »

i have a very strong sense of Doom right now like that I am wrong about everything (minus the above) and I need to do something Else and I can't shake it.

i also am still waiting on my sister to show up so we can go out for 4/20 zz
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:41 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 625, Shirou wrote: Oh also, FB said if he was here in my place he would sheep DGB on Arko even if I personally "town read" the guy

I feel some desire to make who we lim today someone's else but I wouldn't do it if I town read a slot, and I was town reading Arko before.

Right now...I don't think I'm town reading him anymore though, not sure if I'm willing to vote there yet but yeah, @Arko do something.

p-edit: oh, talking about the devil
FB said he would sheep DGB?

this is like a big nothingburger post to say "arko kinda fell off" but big paragraph lol

i think i will keep my vote a little longer than intended and skimming more of your posts i get the same vibe and my fear of having to face more tunnely behavior was holding me back from approaching this

maybe mala is town wowee
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:42 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 635, Ausuka wrote: I sort of feel like you're approaching this like I started talking to you insisting that Ydrasse is scum because she's different from the dance game or something. I'm pretty sure I never said anything along these lines.
No, I'm approaching this to see how pointing out a counter-argument for something you said (even if it was a very minor point on your read on her) would reflect on your thoughts on Ydra if at all

To also use this post to reply you on your Italiano's case, I've just re:read all your interactions up to that point and I can see the argument for him not "doing anything substantial" but I do think that also applies to Arko/Kowah and to some extent dare I say Koba?

(Aka Volpe14)
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:46 am

Post by Ausuka »

Ok, well I don't get it but I hope you found what you were looking for.

I disagree about Koba not posting anything meaningful.

It definitely applies to Arko but like come on the guy just is not here that's different.

I think kowah has not done a massive amount but his content to post ratio is kind of fine. He doesn't really have the same vibes as italiano does where he has a lot of posts and like none of them actually look like genuine sorting and trying to kill mafia.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:47 am

Post by DkKoba »

oh im sorry i dont repeat the same thing like 5 times to make my posts look bigger and say what i mean :lol:
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:47 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 641, DkKoba wrote: FB said he would sheep DGB?

this is like a big nothingburger post to say "arko kinda fell off" but big paragraph lol
So when he tells me to share one of his thoughts in the discord I should just be a jerk and ignore my teammate?

He even shared it while he was busy. Shading me for playing Team Mafia the way it's intended to be played (as a TEAM) is just annoying/reachy.

(Aka Volpe14)
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:48 am

Post by DkKoba »

kowah is just my little pet townie thats gonna get carried and realize they kinda were being silly when they see my name as one of the nightkills
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:49 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 645, Shirou wrote:
In post 641, DkKoba wrote: FB said he would sheep DGB?

So when he tells me to share one of his thoughts in the discord I should just be a jerk and ignore my teammate?

He even shared it while he was busy. Shading me for playing Team Mafia the way it's intended to be played (as a TEAM) is just annoying/reachy.
and? lol

my team is doing 3d chess while yours is playing checkers, we are not the same. [see my various posts from my teammates about this game]
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:51 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 644, DkKoba wrote:
oh im sorry i dont repeat the same thing like 5 times to make my posts look bigger and say what i mean
:lol:
In post 646, DkKoba wrote: kowah is just my little pet townie thats gonna get carried and realize
they kinda were being silly when they see my name as one of the nightkills
In post 647, DkKoba wrote: my team is doing 3d chess while yours is playing checkers, we are not the same.
You're starting to get on my nerves to be honest. If you think I'm scum I don't think you're anywhere near the priority of nightkills this time rest assured.

It also reminds me to ask you, mena didn't say anything about me at all?

(Aka Volpe14)
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:55 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 648, Shirou wrote:
In post 644, DkKoba wrote:
oh im sorry i dont repeat the same thing like 5 times to make my posts look bigger and say what i mean
:lol:
In post 646, DkKoba wrote: kowah is just my little pet townie thats gonna get carried and realize
they kinda were being silly when they see my name as one of the nightkills
In post 647, DkKoba wrote: my team is doing 3d chess while yours is playing checkers, we are not the same.
You're starting to get on my nerves to be honest. If you think I'm scum I don't think you're anywhere near the priority of nightkills this time rest assured.

It also reminds me to ask you, mena didn't say anything about me at all?
if i didnt post it, I found it - he said you come off as chaotic which he thinks is towny and then mentioned a few other things im keeping to myself right now so i can examine

i disagreed with him on that but now i remember thats partially why i didnt bother pursuing this earlier.

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”