DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:32 am

Post by DkKoba »

Mena thoughts heavily summarized bc I'm actually going back out today:

Aisa: thinks that I could be being pocketed bc of the early townbin + interactions after that gave him chills related to an earlier game that I assume was an aisa scumgame
I've yet to look into this but it was enough for me to drop aisa a few spots(not into poe tho), and be more critical of her.

mastina: pleads the 5th, does not wish to read her or has the brain power to read her. To that I say, same

Mala: "meh" - seems more active than scumgames but has scum vibes, would say more town than scum but plausibility of team Mafia format giving that WIM is an angle I've presented and Mena agrees, drunk posting was a huge ??? Because not a single thing was game related

Xof: not gonna sugar coat this - Mena gave me the hedgiest read ever and I got him to say gth town but insists that it's a read that needs time to solidify

Dgb: says the iso is such a nothingburger that it should be killed with fire, I countered that dgb is like that as town and I got him to bump it down to a scumlean for the purposes of exploring other worlds(that's since changed since this is reads from this morning)
Italiano: he had the most to say about this but overall he went in depth and saw that the slot is just saying things and not really doing anything. Overall in agreement with the points pb has presented too and my own vibe on the slot(essentially our teams most preferred elimination atm)

Dv: leans this town, especially likes that they were pushing for answers to questions and were essentially still trying to be heard when ignored. The content when they elaborate on stuff is pretty good as well they pointed out, such as 241. I agree with this also.

Arko: felt they were awkward in 504 and has them as nullscum. I haven't really read into arko so I'm just sponging

He didn't talk about anyone else, if anyone wants more from Mena feel free to ask tho, but I'm mostly driving the ship here and you have to convince me first :p
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:33 am

Post by DkKoba »

nice pagetop
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:33 am

Post by Ydrasse »

this wagon won't bear fruit so i suggest elsewhere atm
return to it later if you want but not rn
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:36 am

Post by DkKoba »

Oh also consider me v/la tomorrow bc I'm gonna be on another plane of existence(4/20 baybee)
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:43 am

Post by Aisa »

I'm back for like 30 minutes
In post 547, DkKoba wrote:
In post 544, Aisa wrote: There are 2-3 slots I feel pretty good about townreading.
Then there is an infinity of slots that I could townlean based on really not very much.

If all the townleans were indeed town then I would barely have 3 slots left to scumread. Also town, would be in complete control of the game. Which is not impossible, but... a very suspect conclusion.
Remember you have too many townreads ONLY once you have no room for scum
Mm I appreciate the encouragement though this sort of thinking hasn't proved true for me historically. Unless you're making more of a playstyle comment by encouraging me to believe in the PoE until there's evidence to the contrary. Which goes against my nature most of the time, but I can give it a try, I guess
In post 548, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 542, Aisa wrote:
In post 541, DrippingGoofball wrote: Okay so Italiano is town.
What prompted this conclusion?
The AtE plucked my heartstrings.
Well, thanks, though you remain inscrutable as ever to me
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:45 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 550, DkKoba wrote: Aisa: thinks that I could be being pocketed bc of the early townbin + interactions after that gave him chills related to an earlier game that I assume was an aisa scumgame
I've yet to look into this but it was enough for me to drop aisa a few spots(not into poe tho), and be more critical of her.
Grrr
Tell Mena I want to speak to his manager :D
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:47 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 555, Aisa wrote:
In post 550, DkKoba wrote: Aisa: thinks that I could be being pocketed bc of the early townbin + interactions after that gave him chills related to an earlier game that I assume was an aisa scumgame
Grrr
He did a little spin and then said "hello the manager is here what can I do for you?"
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:51 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 550, DkKoba wrote: Mena thoughts heavily summarized bc I'm actually going back out today:
Spoiler: Mena thoughts

Aisa: thinks that I could be being pocketed bc of the early townbin + interactions after that gave him chills related to an earlier game that I assume was an aisa scumgame

mastina: pleads the 5th, does not wish to read her or has the brain power to read her. To that I say, same

Mala: "meh" - seems more active than scumgames but has scum vibes, would say more town than scum but plausibility of team Mafia format giving that WIM is an angle I've presented and Mena agrees, drunk posting was a huge ??? Because not a single thing was game related

Xof: not gonna sugar coat this - Mena gave me the hedgiest read ever and I got him to say gth town but insists that it's a read that needs time to solidify

Dgb: says the iso is such a nothingburger that it should be killed with fire, I countered that dgb is like that as town and I got him to bump it down to a scumlean for the purposes of exploring other worlds(that's since changed since this is reads from this morning)
Italiano: he had the most to say about this but overall he went in depth and saw that the slot is just saying things and not really doing anything. Overall in agreement with the points pb has presented too and my own vibe on the slot(essentially our teams most preferred elimination atm)

Dv: leans this town, especially likes that they were pushing for answers to questions and were essentially still trying to be heard when ignored. The content when they elaborate on stuff is pretty good as well they pointed out, such as 241. I agree with this also.

Arko: felt they were awkward in 504 and has them as nullscum. I haven't really read into arko so I'm just sponging

He didn't talk about anyone else, if anyone wants more from Mena feel free to ask tho, but I'm mostly driving the ship here and you have to convince me first :p
On one hand that proves Mena being involved in the game isn't completely made up since he mentioned my scumgame, on the other hand Mena's other takes are, if I may, kind of a nothingburger and could be made up without too much effort
In post 556, DkKoba wrote:
In post 555, Aisa wrote:
Grrr
He did a little spin and then said "hello the manager is here what can I do for you?"
Hello
your employee is insinuating that I am evil by saying I gave him "the chills"
I want a refund
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:51 am

Post by Ausuka »

VOTE: Ydrasse

Science.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:03 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 552, Ydrasse wrote: this wagon won't bear fruit so i suggest elsewhere atm
return to it later if you want but not rn
going to reiterate this and hope people think for more than 2 seconds about the implications
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

VOTE: Ausuka
I wonder if MH coached Italiano at all or if that was just rock solid scum play start to finish.
- MUSHSHAGANA
I don’t feel like this specific town could have beaten this scum strategy played as strongly as it was.
- MUSHSHAGANA
I'm frustrated with myself that I can't get any sort of read on you.
- Redados
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:25 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Okay, now what are
your
thoughts on everyone Koba? You've been saying a lot of what your teammates think.
I wonder if MH coached Italiano at all or if that was just rock solid scum play start to finish.
- MUSHSHAGANA
I don’t feel like this specific town could have beaten this scum strategy played as strongly as it was.
- MUSHSHAGANA
- Redados
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:28 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 561, ItalianoVD wrote: Okay, now what are
your
thoughts on everyone Koba? You've been saying a lot of what your teammates think.
i have included my own thoughts within the posts where i share my teammates thoughts? we have had discussions in our team chat.

there you go again trying to shade my slot without making an actual move towards it :roll:
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:09 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 562, DkKoba wrote: i have included my own thoughts within the posts where i share my teammates thoughts? we have had discussions in our team chat.

there you go again trying to shade my slot without making an actual move towards it
You literally think everything is shade. :facepalm:

I didn't notice it, but gimme a minute to take another look.
- MUSHSHAGANA
- MUSHSHAGANA
- Redados
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by Shirou »

I'm here for a bit again.

@Aisa
Fire told me to remind you of that game where he tunneled town!you, and then he says for you to keep going as you're because he's reading you as town right now and it's amusing him you're the one in the wrong this time

FB also wants to share he townreads all of [ydra/DGB/Mala/Aisa], but is willing to reconsider Aisa if she keeps tunneling me. (I dunno why he thinks that, I don't have an issue with Aisa's push on me at least for now. Mala's vote on the other hand...)
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by Shirou »

I'll address some of the questions I still remember being asked towards me yesterday when I couldn't reply
In post 436, Ydrasse wrote: is it any particular reason or the just *hand waves at the past page*
p-edit: i probably will looking at the vc but i want to organize my thoughts more in thread so italiano can respond if he wants rather than just fighting ghosts
I began to compare you in this game vs Dance Game and actually began to notice I misremembered how much effort/thought/analysis your post had there initially. Most of what I remembered in that game from you was our silly roleplay very early on and then you extensively counter-arguing with me on MariaR. I didn't remember how relatively little effort you had put in most of your posts in that game until certain "heated" moments where I finally paid attention to you again there as you were talking more.

That said, I don't think I can townbin you yet for only that given it's TM and I imagine even scum!you would force yourself more to effort here given you've responsibilities towards the team (I know by now that you hate playing scum? or maybe it was an issue of rolling it too many times in a row back then?).

Basic TL;DR is that I reconsidered and I think you were right when you said comparing your play here to Dance Game wasn't fair to you.

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:12 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 424, Aisa wrote: I think that was Xof.
What did you think of my post on Ydra? Take your time I don't need an answer this very second
Let me re:read it
In post 237, Aisa wrote: Thoughts on Ydra.

Gun to head I would still call her null. Some of her posting feels quite natural. She's doing some scumhunting and while I don't always find her conclusions super solid I can easily see the world where her ISO is her actual thought process at this time.

But there is this one thing that bugs me:
I feel like the (look like I have thoughts) to (thoughts) ratio in her ISO is quite high.
Mostly because (look like I have thoughts) is so high. She has a supremely easy to follow ISO at the moment because every little action and implication is made explicit. This is pro-town but perhaps something scum are even more incentivised to do than town?
In post 237, Aisa wrote: Vote / question someone -> unvote after their reply
Is definitely a pattern I've seen from scum before
I need to re:read her ISO at some points since I already forgot most of it probably but this does reminds me that she did this quite a bit as far as I actually remember. She also directly engaged with Deas though? I don't remember the context as well as I do remember that it was a mailing flavored post!

Huh? You think I only remember the useless details? Maybe.

Either way, I think your analysis was okay, and Mastina seemed to talk about something similar to this argument with a different language/words (noise/signal or so).

@Ausuka given you're voting ydra now, aside from the not believing ydra's read on xof/you, do you think ydra is playing to her "scum meta" in general with her posts?

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:16 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 504, Arko wrote: Sorry for not existing

I will exist tomorrow, will completely re-read over again for good measure.

(This is TOTALLY not a prodge I am not kidding (Please don't hurt me))
I'm starting to lose my goodwill towards this slot by the way.

Too many promises, too little delivery.

(Aka Volpe14)
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:24 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 566, Shirou wrote: @Ausuka given you're voting ydra now, aside from the not believing ydra's read on xof/you, do you think ydra is playing to her "scum meta" in general with her posts?
It's not a meta read? I've only played with scum ydrasse once in the dance game. I don't think I put much focus on her slot in general there, but looking back, I don't see any significant difference that would impact my read. I think her play overall in this game has been, like, pretty thoroughly unimpressive and I don't get the vibe at all she is like, more engaged here than she was in that game or whatever. She is much more keen to ask leading questions to me than to actually talk about Kowabungah who she is actually voting for example - her only comment on him is saying he's "either very towny new or very wolfy new." While also criticising me for not making an entire case post. She doesn't feel genuine this game.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:26 pm

Post by Shirou »

I recommend you to take a peek on her ISO in the Dance Game again

I had that same impression and I changed my mind on it on a revisit

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:26 pm

Post by Shirou »

I don't mean to say your scum read on her is necessarily wrong, just that I *do* think she's playing somewhat substantially different to the Dance Game here

(Aka Volpe14)
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:31 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 569, Shirou wrote: I recommend you to take a peek on her ISO in the Dance Game again

I had that same impression and I changed my mind on it on a revisit
If you think there's something wrong there, can you just say it? I mean, I revisited it, and I don't see anything obvious that would change my read. Like she was more jokey but that was a dance game and they're supposed to be fun - i don't expect people to play every game exactly the same if they are the same alignment. If I am going to make a meta read, I'd prefer to have an established pattern of behaviour over multiple games, rather than trying to find some difference between two different games to make reads.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:32 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 571, Ausuka wrote: If you think there's something wrong there, can you just say it? I mean, I revisited it, and I don't see anything obvious that would change my read
Really? Most of her posts there are one/two liners with not much explanation or analysis behind it. You don't think it's different than what she's doing here?

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:32 pm

Post by Shirou »

At least in the start I guess, she eventually does try a bit harder much later when the stakes are also higher

(Aka Volpe14)
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by Ausuka »

1) a significant amount of her posts here are 1/2 liners and a lot of her serious+game related posts in the other game are longer. I don't see such a clear cut difference as you apparently do.

2) Even if that were true i would have to check, again, if there is a consistent pattern where she posts in a different pattern of length depending on her alignment- I don't get the focus on dance game specifically

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”