Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:43 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 145, Shirou wrote:
In post 142, DeasVail wrote:
In post 132, Shirou wrote: Ali also thinks Koba is town
But what do you think?
*checks my vote remaining on them*

:cop:

to be honest I'm not feeling that serious about it, it's partially because it feels good to have a wagon to get us out of RVS as well, but in a vacuum their posts are still the worst ones to me aside from perhaps italiano's "DGB has been really quiet".
almost like to properly read people you can't just pick and choose what posts to read and have to read it as a whole :)
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:44 am

Post by Malakittens »

viewtopic.php?t=89363

Here’s the game in question from prev ^

I also had another two games in similar realms that had the same type of scummy feeling.

Now look at Mastina first post of that game she was claiming beloved princess.

Here she is a bit more relaxed with “I’m a mason”.
Then we have the sort sort and wall list of reads that legitimately make zero sense
And then we have Mastina trying to pocket up on aisa in a very similar way to how she did it to Norwee that game.

Is my read 100% solid? No, but right now it’s something that I’m going to pressure and see where this leads.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:45 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 144, DeasVail wrote: I think xofelf, mala, aisa and ydrasse are town
that seems like a very arbitrary list of 4 - can you ellaborate?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:45 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 148, ItalianoVD wrote: I always have a tendency to townread mala especially with . I think I've been right like once in three times or something like that.
I have a tendency to scumread Mala but I townread them here. I don't know what this means!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:45 am

Post by DkKoba »

VOTE: ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:47 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 153, DeasVail wrote:
In post 148, ItalianoVD wrote: I always have a tendency to townread mala especially with . I think I've been right like once in three times or something like that.
I have a tendency to scumread Mala but I townread them here. I don't know what this means!
It means I'm townreading her, but I've been wrong. Why was that so hard to understand?
I wonder if MH coached Italiano at all or if that was just rock solid scum play start to finish.
- MUSHSHAGANA
I don’t feel like this specific town could have beaten this scum strategy played as strongly as it was.
- MUSHSHAGANA
I'm frustrated with myself that I can't get any sort of read on you.
- Redados
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:49 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 155, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 153, DeasVail wrote:
It means I'm townreading her, but I've been wrong. Why was that so hard to understand?
oh I was referring to myself, not you. As in, I am mildly concerned that I usually scumread Mala regardless of alignment and that I'm townreading them here, but I'm going to go with thinking they're probably town.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:49 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 150, DkKoba wrote: almost like to properly read people you can't just pick and choose what posts to read and have to read it as a whole :)
The people I admire in mafia as town tells me the opposite though I think

"Selecting a few posts that potentially are significantly more likely to come from an alignment or are likely to not be from an certain alignment" being the motto

Not that I think your posts so far are
significantly
more likely to come from a given alignment though

/shrug
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:50 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 151, Malakittens wrote: viewtopic.php?t=89363

Here’s the game in question from prev ^

I also had another two games in similar realms that had the same type of scummy feeling.

Now look at Mastina first post of that game she was claiming beloved princess.

Here she is a bit more relaxed with “I’m a mason”.
Then we have the sort sort and wall list of reads that legitimately make zero sense
And then we have Mastina trying to pocket up on aisa in a very similar way to how she did it to Norwee that game.

Is my read 100% solid? No, but right now it’s something that I’m going to pressure and see where this leads.
mmm
i don't think that on a quick skim that you can compare the mastina/norwee dynamic to the mastina/aisa one as much due to familiarity between the former two, also i think there it looks like mastina invested a lot more into explaining the norwee reasoning and build a mini narrative compared to the read on aisa here which feels... stripped back in comparison, and less caring about how she's perceived
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:51 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 157, Shirou wrote:
In post 150, DkKoba wrote: almost like to properly read people you can't just pick and choose what posts to read and have to read it as a whole :)

"Selecting a few posts that potentially are significantly more likely to come from an alignment or are likely to not be from an certain alignment" being the motto

significantly

/shrug
the mark of a player who knows what they are truly doing is sorting by town, actually, which is why holistic reading is better
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:52 am

Post by DkKoba »

anyways i think ur slot resolves itself if town so idc what u think personally, i have bigger concerns like carrying this game
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:52 am

Post by Ydrasse »

(also i missed saying it but hi xof!)
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:53 am

Post by DkKoba »

jingle just confirmed the mastina thing in my chat that its NAI but he is busy right now and cant give me more :(
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:54 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 136, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 130, xofelf wrote: I don't think DGB not posting means anything yet. It's possible she hasn't been around yet to know the game started.*but* I have played with her probably more than most people here, so I feel confident that whatever her entrance is, she's somebody I can actually *read* and not just vibesfeel.
I'm happy you're here then, look forward to see how the game progresses.
To be clear, I meant out of the people in the playerlist that I've played with, I've played more games with DGB. Not that I've played more games with DGB than other players have. But thanks <3

DV is doing DV town things methinks. His posts so far remind me of how he was in our last Team Mafia game, very poking hard at things/holding a magnifying glass up to them to see how reactions go or if he gets the answers from people that he's hoping for. It could be NAI though as I don't recall seeing a DV scum game, but there's a something when DV is being a sneakysneak that he's missing in his vibes so far.
Unvote

P-edit:
In post 161, Ydrasse wrote: (also i missed saying it but hi xof!)
Hi Ydrasse <3
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:54 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 152, DkKoba wrote:
xofelf - I don't thiiink I've played with xof as scum? But this sounds like xof-town. The initial vote on me had the right level of spunk, and the subtle confidence in being able to read DGB were good signs imo.

Mala - The conviction behind mastina is unusual for mala as scum imo.

Aisa - I believe the reaction of RVS voting me with the exact same post would be more over-thought by scum. The talking about their reads feels very natural. I think mastina actually put it really well. Oh yes, and the unapologetic "I will sit back" type post was good.

Ydrasse - Maybe a slightly weaker read than the other three, but I liked the read progression on Aisa and idk the woe re: the likely exponentially increasing post count resonated with me. Bring back the slow pace of last TM's mini normal!
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:55 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 156, DeasVail wrote: oh I was referring to myself, not you. As in, I am mildly concerned that I usually scumread Mala regardless of alignment and that I'm townreading them here, but I'm going to go with thinking they're probably town.
Gotcha. Apologies, I thought you were saying you didn't know what was meant by what I was saying.
I wonder if MH coached Italiano at all or if that was just rock solid scum play start to finish.
- MUSHSHAGANA
I don’t feel like this specific town could have beaten this scum strategy played as strongly as it was.
- MUSHSHAGANA
- Redados
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:55 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 159, DkKoba wrote:

significantly

/shrug
the mark of a player who knows what they are truly doing is sorting by town, actually, which is why holistic reading is better
Hmm

I was talking about how I perceived Ellie's philosophy you know? Although I could have misinterpreted it who knows

As a counterpoint to my own point, I would say that knowing what is "significantly more likely" to come from a certain alignment or not is hard without knowing someone's personality/meta, and given I don't like meta nowadays (neither am good at identifying reliable tells?), sometimes the method fails quite terribly indeed

Dunno why discuss this though, I'm not going to change my mind on how I approach sorting people really

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:57 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 164, DeasVail wrote:
xofelf - I don't thiiink I've played with xof as scum? But this sounds like xof-town. The initial vote on me had the right level of spunk, and the subtle confidence in being able to read DGB were good signs imo.

Aisa - I believe the reaction of RVS voting me with the exact same post would be more over-thought by scum. The talking about their reads feels very natural. I think mastina actually put it really well. Oh yes, and the unapologetic "I will sit back" type post was good.

Ydrasse - Maybe a slightly weaker read than the other three, but I liked the read progression on Aisa and idk the woe re: the likely exponentially increasing post count resonated with me. Bring back the slow pace of last TM's mini normal!
lets tackle a more significant piece here -> with those reads in mind, how do you view my slot, and as a bonus, mastina's?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:57 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 163, xofelf wrote: To be clear, I meant out of the people in the playerlist that I've played with, I've played more games with DGB. Not that I've played more games with DGB than other players have. But thanks <3
Cool, thanks for clarifying that and yes still happy to have you here. :)
- MUSHSHAGANA
- MUSHSHAGANA
- Redados
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:57 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 160, DkKoba wrote: anyways i think ur slot resolves itself if town so idc what u think personally, i have bigger concerns like carrying this game
Heh...is that so

(Aka Volpe14)
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:58 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 164, DeasVail wrote:

Dearest DeasVail,

I hope that this letter reaches you well on this fine Sunday evening!

Recently, my company has noticed that you have posted on the public gaming website "MafiaScum" that you see some value in the Ydrasse stock. And let it be known that my company, TownHunting Inc., has noticed in kind the caliber of your posting thus far, as small as it may be.

TownHunting Inc. sees merit in a mutual agreement of working together, in order to help the town sector grow in this trying environment. Please indicate via formal reply if this would be of interest to you.

Respectfully, Ydrasse.

[marked important]
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:58 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 166, Shirou wrote:
In post 159, DkKoba wrote:

significantly

/shrug
Hmm

I was talking about how I perceived Ellie's philosophy you know? Although I could have misinterpreted it who knows

As a counterpoint to my own point, I would say that knowing what is "significantly more likely" to come from a certain alignment or not is hard without knowing someone's personality/meta, and given I don't like meta nowadays (neither am good at identifying reliable tells?), sometimes the method fails quite terribly indeed

Dunno why discuss this though, I'm not going to change my mind on how I approach sorting people really
ok well do whatever ur doing i prefer not to die n1 :)
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:01 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 160, DkKoba wrote: i have bigger concerns like carrying this game
Let's hope you're on your game then, so we won't have to take over. ;)
- MUSHSHAGANA
- MUSHSHAGANA
- Redados
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:04 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Anyway, I tried to keep up as long as I could, but I'm out. See you peeps when I see you. :cool:
- MUSHSHAGANA
- MUSHSHAGANA
- Redados
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:05 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 170, Ydrasse wrote: Dearest DeasVail,

I hope that this letter reaches you well on this fine Sunday evening!

Recently, my company has noticed that you have posted on the public gaming website "MafiaScum" that you see some value in the Ydrasse stock. And let it be known that my company, TownHunting Inc., has noticed in kind the caliber of your posting thus far, as small as it may be.

TownHunting Inc. sees merit in a mutual agreement of working together, in order to help the town sector grow in this trying environment. Please indicate via formal reply if this would be of interest to you.

Respectfully, Ydrasse.

[marked important]
[URGENTT - ACTION REQURED]

Salutations!

The letter has found me on Monday morning, but has made such misery less miserable, and for that I thank you.

I suspect that our correspondence may not be private, but I see promise in TownHunting Inc. and do not see the publicity as a bad thing, necessarily. From little things, big things grow, and I see potential in this town sector.

Is there anyone else who you would like to include in TownHunting Inc.?

Sincerely,
DeasVail

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”