Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by Timeater »

OMFG.

Opera blows.

Vote: Porkens

Mycosynth: CF Riot
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by Timeater »

You know what, how about you just replace me there are other games I'd like to concentrate on. Thanks.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Porkens »

Jesus, how many alts do you have? I don't see you posting in more than one other game with either of the accounts you've used in this thread.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by CF Riot »

TonyMontana wrote:Hindsight is 20/20... we should've really revoked the serum once Tuber was replaced...
Do you think he's lying? Why didn't we? I tried to.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:03 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Timeater wrote:You know what, how about you just replace me there are other games I'd like to concentrate on. Thanks.
Are you serious with this request? Yes/No?
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:32 am

Post by TonyMontana »

CF Riot wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:Hindsight is 20/20... we should've really revoked the serum once Tuber was replaced...
Do you think he's lying? Why didn't we? I tried to.
I don't think he's lying about the claim, nor about not being aware of timeater claiming on page 2.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:45 am

Post by geraintm »

Porkens wrote:
geraintm wrote: is it at all likely there might be a 3rd party? i don't know the story well enough, could there be?
Why do you bring this idea up?
it migth explainthe role cop thing. if it is unliekly due a flavour point of view, them it might push mafia to being more suspicous.

time - why you wanting to lynch porkens? why you protecting mafia somuch (well, at least that is what it looks like to me)

Note, not likely to be able to post much if at all till monday after today
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:45 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Porkens wrote:I'm actually finding it highly informative.

And I say we lynch MafiaSSK.
Why?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:52 am

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Vi replaces timeater, effective immediately.

In other news, timeater is now officially blacklisted from all Natirasha-modded games.

EDIT: Vi is on V/LA until after thanksgiving.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:41 am

Post by Vi »

I don't remember actually saying "yes I'll do it", but whatever :P Confirming in.

It looks like you've got a deadline set for this Sunday. Tight, but I'll see what I can do... If I can get another post in, it may be in a few.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:51 am

Post by Porkens »

Welcome! I really look forward to seeing what you have to say :)
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Vi wrote:I don't remember actually saying "yes I'll do it", but whatever :P Confirming in.

It looks like you've got a deadline set for this Sunday. Tight, but I'll see what I can do... If I can get another post in, it may be in a few.
Due to my rules, you get until December 2nd, now.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Hello, Vi. I promise I won't abandon this game like our last game together. XP

Unvote

I really don't have an opinion of who to lynch right now. I do know who I want to serum, however.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by Porkens »

Seraphim wrote:Hello, Vi. I promise I won't abandon this game like our last game together. XP

Unvote

I really don't have an opinion of who to lynch right now. I do know who I want to serum, however.
Yourself?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Vi »

All right, first things first: TIMEATER YOU *creative name* WHY DID YOU CLAIM AND SUBSEQUENTLY FAIL TO AVOID MYCOSYNTHAGE JHHHHHHHHHH

...but I'm not at all bitter :D
<- This is a lie.

Anyway, the wording of my Role PM has been passed around a lot recently, and I'm not going to recant any of it. I'm like a Lynchable Unlynchable Vanilla Townie, or more to the point Vanilla Townie with no clue as to any serum benefit. Based on the wording of my Role PM and general flavor logic, I agree with whoever it was who said I am/was probably the only Metal Townie. gg.

---
~About an hour later~
---

Quite frankly, this game was --painful-- to read. First thing: PLAY EFFING MAFIA. Or heck, you can even play just plain old Mafia if you don't like effing. But for the love of God,
this game is about finding scum, not politics of serum/mycosynth!
I'm all for not caring who gets the serum and mycoing whoever annoys me, and lynching scum. (Note to mod: In future games, put that sort of power into individuals' hands, not the collective for something to distract from a lynch.)

I want to do a thorough post here, but - this isn't my computer, I'm supposed to be enjoying time with my parents and eating GOOD food for a welcome change, I'm leaving to visit
sadistic
relatives tomorrow, I've got like nine other games to do justice to, and I keep getting Gray Screened; and all of that would be irrelevant if I didn't skip through the last nine or so pages to keep myself from screaming (which would bother said parents somewhat). If I work up the courage to read this thread again sometime tonight, I may give a more informed opinion on the reasonably uncontained chaos going on here, but as of right now, I believe the proper solution is to dayvig everyone. Alas, my role does not provide for it.

Unvote (Lynch): Whoever
Unvote (Mycosynth): Whoever
Unvote (Blinkmoth): Whoever

Until then, this is as far as I got before I decided I didn't have enough Tylenol to finish up (somewhere around Page 16)--

I am immediately suspicious of everyone whose energy was most concentrated in the serum/synth deal. ...Oh wait, that's
everyone
. Fine, the people who have almost entirely contributed about that. That leaves:
-Gremwell
-TonyMontana
1/2 - Porkens and ortolan

Official thought on the SpyreX lynch: What the hell? I have no (sane) idea why or how that happened, but it reeks and needs much more careful attention when I have time.

CF Riot (Iron Man) - Up until the whole fight scene at the end of D1, I didn't have much either way. Since you've made yourself one of the focal points of the game, I need to look much more carefully at what you've done.
On a tangent, I would disagree with your point in 266 that flaking is a personal preference. It is to an extent, but it also has to do with the other players. I like being in reasonably active games with non-n00btastic players, and dislike games where everyone replaces out or is inactive/mentally impaired.

Illumina - Not much to say. Seems to be the most reasonable/Townish player here.

ortolan - The only person still around in the group from the first three or four pages (it went very quickly). I dislike how you tried to "game" the system by calling for very early claims. You talk much, much more about the setup than the suspects. That's really bad. Tosses WIFOM about around the 250s. You do say you believe Timeater is Town and call out the Myco wagon for fools - but why was Timeater Town? Maybe I didn't catch it in my fast-forward reading, but that (accurate) assessment was the only thing that I can recall striking me about your play that was positive. If I were there D1, I would have been pleading for people to vote you. As it is, I'm going to wait until I look into the big catfight D1 again.

Gremwell - Talks about the setup more than the suspects. Largely invisible. Not a bad choice if you want to pick out scum.

MafiaSSK/Tuberkulos - Congratulations, you can verify that my role is what everyone has said it was. It probably wasn't a bad choice at the time IYO, but it's not as helpful as advertised.
Role Cop is not necessarily scum-aligned (though it tends to be). Falsifiable results are lame though.

Porkens - Early on, you talk almost exclusively about the serum/synth metagame, which bites hard. You later change that to begin talking about the players, which improves your standing with me a little (much more analysis necessary).

geraintm - striagth up this is hard to raed?
i think your okay but ive taken away little info form or aobut you

TonyMontana - You showed up in Post 174 just to burn Timeater. Isn't that sweet? Isn't that informationless, too.
You've done the most active lurking in the game. Why is nobody calling you on this.

Seraphim -
IS CONNIVING SCUM AND MUST DIE IMMEDIATELY
Meh. I'm trying to remember, but I'm not entirely sure why you were being wagoned in the first place aside from initial uselessness (which you would hardly be alone in). More careful study necessary, although I don't recall there being much to study.

Vi (Timeater) - Why do I always wind up replacing the obvscum Townies? *insert more whining between these two asterisks*

As mentioned before, all of this is based on an initial and half-done read, and subject to change. If you want to correct or add onto anything I've said here, please do so. Yieeeee.

-----

a;sdlfjfdgaklfdkjjkadflja;jsd;fjasdf;asdkfjkasdlfkj;la (etc.)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by ortolan »

I meant to post this earlier but this game kind of depressed me as I think it reasonably unlikely town will win currently.

Anyhow I dislike all the cases that have been made so far for lynchs/mycos today. I recall three: Seraphim, MafiaSSK, Timeater/Vi

Seraphim: I feel, looks much better in retrospect. His lurking is vindicated by the fact he seemingly had an important power-role, of giving serum, and thus would be unwilling to draw attention to himself to avoid the mafia's nightkill. He even offered to claim "in case he got lynched" to avoid having his power wasted. He then hinted at the ability he had. Later, it was seemingly confirmed by CF Riot being serumed. All in all I find it highly unlikely he is scum at this point. His role seems far too unbalanced to be a mafia role.

Secondly, MafiaSSK. I don't see why his usage of his ability on Timeater was a bad move. Also; on Porkens point about him being "claimed rolecop"- I don't think this is necessarily the case- there is at least one alternative I can glean from his apparent breadcrumbing.

Finally: Timeater/Vi: I still don't believe Timeater's claim day one was scummy- it has also been partially vindicated by MafiaSSK. I also somewhat like how critical Vi has been of me after replacing in despite me being his character's main defender previously. However, for safety's sake I still wouldn't want to preclude him being scum and deliberately taking this approach.

@ Vi's point about my excessive reference to the setup: I am relatively new and was not aware discussing setup was widely considered a scumtell (I still don't necessarily think this idea should be considered gospel either). I have also referred to it in another theme game and an open game (I think interest in the setup elicits it from me). CF Riot also accused me of rolefishing at one point, which I refute- I maintain my remarks were in response to his implied role/metal status claim.
Vi wrote:I agree with whoever it was who said I am/was probably the only Metal Townie.
That was me.

There is also something I've been worried about: If we mislynch/mismyco today, then we may well find ourselves at LyLo tomorrow. In fact even if we get a scum we want to lynch tomorrow then if they're metal then they will survive anyhow and could endgame us. I suggest we be very careful with choices for today.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Vi »

You are correct in that a second mislynch today *usually* means LyLo tomorrow. Which is why we need to start playing hardball today.

As far as discussing the setup being a scumtell, well, look what happened to me :v (assuming I'm Town, anyway)

I disagree with my own lynch (obv) and from the little I've seen, I don't see SSK as particularly anti-Town (uh-oh). Seraphim, I still have to read into. But generally on that stance, I agree with you for the moment.

Well ortolan, in spite of non-recent events, Town's still playing to win. The first thing I'd suggest is taking a look at people who have just gotten by under the radar through the game. TonyMontana is the big one IMO, although I can see he's been a little more active recently.

Will catch up when I can, again. If it's not tonight, it'll be Friday.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by Porkens »

Ort wrote: Secondly, MafiaSSK. I don't see why his usage of his ability on Timeater was a bad move.
Also; on Porkens point about him being "claimed rolecop"- I don't think this is necessarily the case- there is at least one alternative I can glean from his apparent breadcrumbing.
MafiaSSK wrote:I got role-cop from the serum. I do not wish to full claim at this moment.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by ortolan »

Vi wrote:You are correct in that a second mislynch today *usually* means LyLo tomorrow. Which is why we need to start playing hardball today.
But specifically in this game, where we probably need to myco them *before* we lynch them.
Porkens wrote:
Ort wrote: Secondly, MafiaSSK. I don't see why his usage of his ability on Timeater was a bad move.
Also; on Porkens point about him being "claimed rolecop"- I don't think this is necessarily the case- there is at least one alternative I can glean from his apparent breadcrumbing.
MafiaSSK wrote:I got role-cop from the serum. I do not wish to full claim at this moment.
This does not refute my point. I don't want him to have to claim so I won't say anything more.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by Porkens »

:o do you think he's lying?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Vi wrote:
MafiaSSK/Tuberkulos - Congratulations, you can verify that my role is what everyone has said it was. It probably wasn't a bad choice at the time IYO, but it's not as helpful as advertised.
Role Cop is not necessarily scum-aligned (though it tends to be). Falsifiable results are lame though.
Again, I thought from the final lynch count that Timeater was the most suspicious and I hadn't done a read through so I missed the claim and investigated you.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Porkens wrote::o do you think he's lying?
Haven't I claimed already?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by ortolan »

No, I didn't think he was lying.

As he seems to have contradicted this I was referring to the possibility he might have multiple abilities. They may be randomised or determined in some other way. Role cop may have just been one. I thought he was hinting at this when he said "I got role cop from the serum, don't wish to make a full claim at this point".
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Vi wrote:Illumina - Not much to say. Seems to be the most reasonable/Townish player here.
I'd like some supporting details for this if you can.

Vote: Tony Montana
Mycosynth: Gremwell

Serum is tough today. I'm still very much against randoming it. Illumina, who would you serum if it were up to you? Ort, what about you? (Please answer in this order, Ill first, Ort second.)

I read over Tony's and Gremwell's posts, and I noticed something interesting. They both made similar comments that raised my guard.
TonyMontana - 267 wrote:Isn't mycosynthing someone, basically giving the scum an easy target?
Gremwell - 301 wrote:as for the pit, is throwing someone in there every day our best option, I know some scum are most likely steel, but we assure them a sure night kill every night by mycoing someone everyday, which will also open it up to questioning why people wern't killed after being thrown into the pit.

I guess what it boils down to is should we desteel someone everyday no matter what, or should we wait for enough suspicion?
They're both hinting at the idea of a no-synth. Tony a little more subtly, but it's there. I understand the thought process, but this just seemed a bit out of place while reading through.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by Porkens »

MafiaSSK seems like an obvious choice to me. Any further thoughts on that CF?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”