Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:12 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Man it's like this game gives me amnesia or something. I think what you mean with "return pm" is the same thing as the pm I got (I forgot that I got a pm from the mod as well), but I did not think it had anything to do with night actions. I thought my pm was an answer to something I or someone else said in the thread, so I asked the mod: "to what is this a response?". You can guess the answer (1 word).

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to quote dates of mod pms, but checking back, I got the pm around the time the mod posted this:
JDodge wrote:
Something will happen tomorrow. Or not.
I noticed this all while checking back, I didn't really think further about the purpose of this quote or the pm I got. I did not get a second one btw.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:31 am

Post by RestFermata »

Like I said, Lawrencelot, I figure it was a night action return PM because the N2 return PM's subject line was a direct reply to my intentionally vague night action, based on a the subject line.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

RestFermata wrote:Like I said, Lawrencelot, I figure it was a night action return PM because the N2 return PM's subject line was a direct reply to my intentionally vague night action, based on a the subject line.
So you got your first one after N1 I assume?
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Yeah, but the first one had a more generic subject line.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:22 am

Post by CF Riot »

Mod, please prod: Firestarter, Scattered, & Drake the Fake.

Okay, vote now. This game is dragging.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Firestarter »

No need for the prod, I said I was away till Monday, and low & behold, I pop in on Monday!!!

Now...

I believe I have a vote on RF.....
('') (':') ('')
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by RestFermata »

How many votes to lynch? If it's three, I don't want to vote for Lawrencelot because then someone might hammer him, because like I said, I want to squeeze more discussion from this day. I think we should be concentrating on scummy behavior more than anything else in this intentionally vague game, so going to night so soon doesn't do much for us. As I said before, we gain very little information from night, if any. I doubt there are any investigative roles, because they'd probably just get a result of "You investigate someone. Someone is something." So day is our primary tool. I just wish people would be more active in discussion. Here, I'll ask a question.

FS, did you receive a return PM last night?
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:53 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

My gut says Firestarter is scum. My gut is often wrong though, except when it says someone is town.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:58 pm

Post by Firestarter »

RestFermata wrote:How many votes to lynch? If it's three, I don't want to vote for Lawrencelot because then someone might hammer him, because like I said, I want to squeeze more discussion from this day. I think we should be concentrating on scummy behavior more than anything else in this intentionally vague game, so going to night so soon doesn't do much for us. As I said before, we gain very little information from night, if any. I doubt there are any investigative roles, because they'd probably just get a result of "You investigate someone. Someone is something." So day is our primary tool. I just wish people would be more active in discussion. Here, I'll ask a question.

FS, did you receive a return PM last night?
No.

Lawrencealot, imo, you've thought of me as scum right from the off....

Why, please?
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:02 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

I said it's gut, but if you want I can look back at your posts.
Firestarter wrote:
CF Riot wrote:
Firestarter wrote:in the interests of getting this day started, and for the simple fact that the mod specifically mentioned that this game would start when ALL players picked up their PM, Im gonna...

UNVOTE..
VOTE: Lawrencelot

BW time folks!!
Opportunistic, hoping a lot of people will hop onto a wagon based on anti-town rather than scummy play. Gives a disclaimer to shuck responsibility for his vote, "getting the day started." Scum move.

FoS: Firestarter.
LOL....

It worked ;)

Anywhooo... for reasons expressed beforehand...

Unvote:
Vote: MafiaMann/
This. Several people asked "what worked" but you never answered. In fact, you suddenly disappeared and sneakily came back as if you were still participating in the discussion. You didn't post between this post and a post where you said "last line?".
CF Riot wrote:
Firestarter wrote:in the interests of getting this day started, and for the simple fact that the mod specifically mentioned that this game would start when ALL players picked up their PM, Im gonna...

UNVOTE..
VOTE: Lawrencelot

BW time folks!!
Opportunistic, hoping a lot of people will hop onto a wagon based on anti-town rather than scummy play. Gives a disclaimer to shuck responsibility for his vote, "getting the day started." Scum move.

FoS: Firestarter.
And I agreed with this.

The not posting for a decent period of time and then suddenly going back in like nobody noticed reminds me of scum behaviour. The only thing I find protown about you is your play regarding Sun Tzu, but seeing as Sun Tzu was possibly a threat to the mafia I'm not going to trust my feelings about that.
Vote: Firestarter
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:03 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Why is my vote not bold
Unvote; Vote: Firestarter
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Firestarter »

Lawrencelot wrote:Why is my vote not bold
Unvote; Vote: Firestarter
Opportunistic only from the view that I may have caught a scumbag off gaurd.....
Read your posts beforehand, they were scummy, and what attracted me at the time, to you....
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Firestarter »

BTW, check back before the time I voted you Lawrencealot, I think you'll find that this thread was pretty dead. My post ignited some posting.....

IT WORKED.

And your synopsis as to why Im scum is brilliant!!!

...apart from the fact that your way off.

If anything, your vote on me now is opportunistic...
Your clinging to an unanaswered question which I did not see, now its answered....
Whats your next move scumbag...

Am I getting too close to your scumbuddy RF??
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:43 pm

Post by JDodge »

A couple of people have been something'd.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:37 am

Post by RestFermata »

Echo?

(Echo?)
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Firestarter wrote:BTW, check back before the time I voted you Lawrencealot, I think you'll find that this thread was pretty dead. My post ignited some posting.....

IT WORKED.

And your synopsis as to why Im scum is brilliant!!!

...apart from the fact that your way off.

If anything, your vote on me now is opportunistic...
Your clinging to an unanaswered question which I did not see, now its answered....
Whats your next move scumbag...

Am I getting too close to your scumbuddy RF??
I call this OMGUS, even though you don't vote me here. Even if my case was way off, that does not mean I am scum. You assuming it does makes me more suspicious of you. Can I smell you did not see that question? And how do I know that is indeed the case?

Interesting though. You say the game was pretty dead, so you posted that to get things going. If everybody read just the start of page 4, you will all see that this can't be true. The game was going slow, that's what I posted at the top of page 4, and that was also the post where I stated I forgot my role (if anything, THAT was a post that got things going). Firestarter you made a post after that, not mentioning anything about me forgetting my role. Then after some other people suspected me for it, and you joined the club, which is why it's opportunistic. I posted that I forgot my role partly to see how others would react, and I think scum would have reacted in just the same way you did.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by Firestarter »

^^

Next...

Honestly, if I didn't think RF was as scummy as you Lawrencealot, I'd be on you in a heartbeat.

Your overtones in the last post cries of desperation imo...

And for your information, the game was pretty much dead at the point I posted my vote.. pretty much like it is now...

MOD:
Do we need replacements, etc, etc?
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Firestarter is apparently fully convinced I'm scum but has no case on me other than the whole night action thing. Since this game is INTENTIONALLY VAGUE in that aspect, shouldn't we be looking for SCUMTELLS, which are the only standard thing in this game?

Now, FS, If you see SCUMTELLS from me, please let me know so that I can defend myself against them. I have no defense for my night actions. I just targeted two people I thought were scummy-ish and I told the truth, so there's not much more I can say about that. Therefore, that's an easy attack that can't be countered in any way. Convenient, isn't it? But I don't think it's enough for a lynch, and anyone who thinks it is, is taking the easy way out.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Hey, you can try the guilt trip on everyone if ya wish... but you'd be better trying to actually defend against the scum actions thats been percieved through your play thus far.

You've outlined why people suspect you, and your asking for us to believe your telling the truth...

You may be.....

But its too, lets say, vague.... if ya catch my drift.

So far, your top o'my list RF... but Im not wholly convinced your scum, I simply have not got a better alternative to place my vote right now... although Lawrencealot is drifting fairly close.

However, applying pressure to suspects is the best place we can start...
You happen to be a suspect for me right now.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by CF Riot »

I'm just posting to let everyone know I'm here.

So RF, who are you going to vote for? I'm pretty sure it's 4 to lynch.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Firestarter, the only thing that I could do to "defend myself" against these "scum actions" (which I'm assuming are my claimed night action targets, since you've stated that I've already outlined why people think I'm scum) would be to go back and say that they are not true.

A. That would be lying
B. That kind of lying would not benefit me as town or scum, as it would get me lynched.

Can you not understand that I have said all I can possibly say about my night actions? There is no defense. I've presented everything. I think that you should give more reasons for wanting to lynch me than just this, because we don't even understand our own night actions in this game and these kinds of mix-ups are bound to happen. Don't accuse me of guilt-tripping, because all I'm trying to say is that I've said I was telling the truth and that's all that I can do at this point.

CF Riot, I thought I was going to vote for Lawrencelot, but FS has now earned my vote because:

1. Even though he believes that Lawrencelot is giving off scumtells, he is not voting me based on a case, but is voting me based on
intentionally vague
night actions that even I don't understand.

2. He uses words like "scummy" to describe me when he has not shown that I am scummy, just that my night actions are suspect. To me, "scummy" means that I have said scummy things. FS has so far not pointed out a single one.

3. This is the impression I get from all his posts:
Firestarter (paraphrased) wrote:Hmmmmmmmmmm...I'm sneaky! Hmmmmmmmm....
(Okay so that's not a very good case, but seriously, that's the vibe I'm catching. Maybe it's just all the ellipses.)

4. He points out he has no reason to trust me when I say I'm being honest about my night actions (even though I think I've made it clear that I'm aware of that aspect), yet his defense against Lawrencelot's accusations is no more than "you're way off!" What does he expect Lawrencelot to do, say "Oh, damn, I'm way off" and look elsewhere?

5. Lawrencelot is starting to look a lot better in my eyes. He's not oozing towniness, mind you, but he seems like he's more actively pursuing scumtells than Firestarter is.

6. He still won't present a real case on me even though I asked him to.

I'm glad I waited a little before casting my vote because I feel rather confident with a
Vote: Firestarter
. But I don't want to get too comfortable, because Scattered isn't around and I feel like I need him too in order to make a good decision. :\
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by CF Riot »

A lot of why you're voting FS seems to be you think his vote on you isn't well reasoned enough. But what I want to know is do you think that is scummy? Is there a reason why FS-scum would be more likely to vote you the way he has w/o a case than FS-town would?

I'm only reluctant to vote FS because this is how I've seen him play before as town. I don't see Lawrence's case as particularly strong, so I don't count that in his favor.

Lawrence is there any way to abbreviate your name?
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:17 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

RestFermata wrote:Firestarter is apparently fully convinced I'm scum but has no case on me other than the whole night action thing. Since this game is INTENTIONALLY VAGUE in that aspect, shouldn't we be looking for SCUMTELLS, which are the only standard thing in this game?
QFT. Although you are the top choice if there are no scummy people, to me that is, we should not just lynch you because of your night actions, because there are countless explanations for it (you being scum is a good explanation though).
Your overtones in the last post cries of desperation imo...
Along with "you're way off", this is your main reason why you think I'm scum right? Could you explain to me how a perfectly legit response, whether it is true in your eyes or not, is "crying of desperation"?

CF, abbreviate my name as Law or Lawrence, just not Lance
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:20 am

Post by Firestarter »

Lawrencelot on RF... wrote:Although you are the top choice if there are no scummy people, to me that is
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Lawrencealot.

Your last post has tipped it for me.

Your voting me, yet you have RF as the most likely lynch.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:56 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Where did you get the idea that you don't belong to the category "scummy people"...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”