Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by Mirth »

"This isn't the definition of daywalker I learned when I was in med school...back then we had to walk 15 miles in the snow up a hill barefoot..."

VOTE COUNT

GnKoichi - 5 - [Kmd, charter , Plum, Kiro, Nameless]

Charter - 4 - [GnKoichi, animorpherv, Tony Montana, orangepenguin]

Orangepenguin - 1 - [Wall-E]

Not Voting - 2 - [EdwardElric, Stef, ]

Tentative Deadline Dec 10

I am going to be V/LA Tuesday and possibly Wednesday. Getting my computer repaired and traveling to visit family and such and will be too exhausted to check here/partially without access. If any of you have any pressing concerns, pm me, as I will be checking my email, though not as often as I usually do.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:27 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

Jesus, I really hate to do this.

Unvote

I've managed to convince myself through re-reading that Charter isn't scum, just a really bad player. I've looked over my own arguments against him, and even I have to admit that I stretched those ideas. Hell yes, he's been misleading, and it's possible he did that to cover up some scummy behavior or throw off the town. But the more I read the more it feels like he's just not playing very well.

Crap.
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:23 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Well if you aren't suspicious of Charter anymore, who
are
you suspicious of?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:31 am

Post by Stef »

What he said. ( kmd )
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:48 am

Post by GnKoichi »

GnKoichi wrote:I've been trying to fit in a re-read to look at others, but there's a lot to go over. I'm hoping to finish before the day is done.
---
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:33 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I'f I'm correct, I'd hammer GnK. I won't hammer, until someone tells me to.

unvote
for now.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Wall-E »

Unvote: Vote: Animorpherv1

I forget who I'm voting for.

I decided that the mod mispelled GnKoichi's name as an involuntary reaction to consternation regarding his play style, leading me to believe the town's fighting affected the mod's mindset, thereby influencing his actions while typing GnKoichi's name.

I know, that sounds dumb as all hell.

I believe it enough to ignore how it sounds.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Wall-E »

yes i am insane sorry i forgot to mention that
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:28 am

Post by GnKoichi »

So, I just finished my re-read. I'm going to post all the notes I took. PLEASE NOTE: These are not meant to be complete. I just wrote down what I noticed. If you feel you were misrepresented, I'm sorry. I couldn't possibly comment on everything. This has also been very educational for me. I've been able to see where I went wrong, when I pushed too hard, and how I managed to turn the best players against me (by giving them some really good reasons to vote for me... who knew?) when I was really just trying to help.

There is no analysis of the two dropped players, myself, or our newest addition, for obvious reasons.

charter
Random Stage: Votes Nameless
Planning Stage: Idea of protection ring. Quickly drops it of his own accord. Discusses vig claiming with Kmd. Questions and helps build Wall-E’s target claim idea.
Regular Game: Votes GnK for a lot of reasons. Denies math. Insults. Claims Doc. Says he Claimed because someone asked him, except his Claim predated that. Tries to defend himself with previous acts of lying. Claims GnK/Kiro scumbuddies. Votes Wall-E for ignoring Nameless’s posts. Votes OP for not having his own reasons. The whole lying about his Scum theory fiasco begins. Insults. Lies. More Insults. More Lies. Even More Insults. Claims he would NK people (not on his scum list) for lurking. Tries to attack Stef for what he did in another game. Asks to be lynched.

orangepenguin
Total Posts: 16
Random Stage: Votes Kiro
Regular Game: Starts catching up after being away for a weekend. Says Charter lying is Anti-Town. Calls Nameless’s bluff on the lurker vote. Votes Wall-E, citing Nameless’s reasons. Votes Charter. Feels outnumbered. Doesn’t want to give info on all players. Is upset his lack of contributions have gone unappreciated.

Stef
Random Stage: Votes KMD
Planning Stage: Against Vig claiming. Votes GnK for the No Lynch idea. Says that I based my argument on Charter’s word, and that he may be scum trying to mislead us. When I take this into consideration and say that I think Charter did act strangely in regards to the No Lynch, Stef attacks me for that, asking why I would find Charter suspicious and not himself. Questions Nameless for defending me. Says the I’m derailing the discussion after I’ve dropped the point.
Regular Game: Questions Kmd & Ani’s positions. Doesn’t like answer, Votes Ani. Votes Charter for lies, etc. Unvote. Questions Tony.

TonyMontana
Total Posts: 14
Random Stage: Votes Nameless
Regular Game: Misses the setup stage, but still makes a post about his “scenarios”. Accompanied by a nonsense picture, he explains absolutely nothing except that he is bored at work. Questions Wall-E and OP. Claims Nameless isn’t contributing (WTF!?). Claims work life is too busy to post. Unvotes. Votes Charter for lies and insults. Demands answers from Wall-E. Questions Nameless. Says he would vote Wall-E if there were more support.

Nameless
Random Stage: Votes Charter
Planning Stage: Against claiming to avoid Night Kills. Points out that Stef is attacking me.
Regular Game: Votes Kiro for No Doc idea. Question’s Wall-E’s vote of Charter. Votes Wall-E for not giving reasons for vote on Charter. Says he’ll vote a lurker the next RL day if they don’t post. Pressures GnK for continuing the Charter attack. Misquotes to build his case. Sarcasm to point out flaws in Charter and Stef’s contributions. Proposes Lurker lynch again; gives same 24 hour deadline. Votes GnK for bad argument against Charter. “Damn it people, you can't ALL be scum.” Unvotes. Vote GnK for many many reasons.

animorpherv1
Total Posts: 13
Regular Game: Quick vote against Wall-E for something from the setup stage. Misread, realizes mistake. Votes Charter. Short explination of his recent posts. Claims he will vote GnK with no reasons stated.

Kmd4390
Random Stage: Votes Stef, Wall-E
Planning Stage: Idea of vigs claiming. Quickly drops it of his own accord. Votes GnK for the No Lynch idea.
Regular Game: Misquotes GnK. Agrees with Stef that I’m derailing the game after my point has been dropped. Misquotes Wall-E. Large argument based on misunderstanding. Starts a reread. Passes chance to end the day by killing Charter. Questions Tony.

Wall-E
Random Stage: Votes Stef, Charter
Planning Stage: Idea of claiming targets on Day 2. Defends this idea to Kiro. Points out how scummy his own idea is. Denounces Vig claiming.
Regular Game: Defends GnK. Votes Charter, cites GnK’s reasons. Begins analysis of Charter & Nameless. Calls self a hypocrite. Idea deflates quickly when he finds one peice of evidence was a misread. Claims laziness. Insults. More Insults. Votes OP for lurking. Votes Charter for lies. Votes OP for lack of reasons. Insults. Unvote. Claim that GnK & Charter are both town because of a mispelled word from a long time ago. Votes OP for lurking.

Plum
Planning Stage: Says there’s no good plan for Day 1. Makes a good argument against the No Lynch idea, albeit well after the point has been dropped.
Regular Game: Question’s Wall-E’s vote of Charter. Points out Nameless’s misread of a Charter statement. Quick analysis against Stef. Very good analysis followed by a Vote: Wall-E. Posts something in another language (WTF!?). Against a lurker lynch. Votes GnK for bad argument against Charter. Questions Ani and OP. Questions Charter.

Kiro
Random Stage: Votes Stef
Planning Stage: Says there’s no good plan for Day 1. Against No Lynch idea, but willing to hear it out. Suggests no protection on Night 1. Drops this idea, but only because other people don’t agree.
Regular Game: Votes Tony for lurking when OP was even less active. Votes GnK for the Wall-E vote thing. Unvotes, but hesitantly. Questions Charter, finds his answer acceptable at the least. Votes Ani for lurking. Questions GnK. Votes GnK for pushing too hard against Charter.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Nameless, Plum, and Kiro are probably the best players in this game, in terms of analysis and logical voting.

Charter and Wall-E have been very difficult to read. They are either bad players or they have tried to make everyone think that in order to protect their mistakes.

Ani, OP, and Tony are just unhelpful. This is hard for me to say, since they could easily finish me off right now. But the biggest thing here is Tony trying to call out other players. He questioned the contributions of some of the better players, which makes him the biggest hypocrite in the game. So:

Vote: Tony
---
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by Wall-E »

GnKoichi wrote:Wall-E [has] been very difficult to read. [he is a bad player]
This.

I have been feeling Tony's style was rather alright by me.
Wall-E wrote:i am involved in like five scumteam theories

most of the theorists aren't voting for me, though

weird, huh?
This too.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

GnKoichi wrote:Jesus, I really hate to do this.

Unvote

I've managed to convince myself through re-reading that Charter isn't scum, just a really bad player. I've looked over my own arguments against him, and even I have to admit that I stretched those ideas. Hell yes, he's been misleading, and it's possible he did that to cover up some scummy behavior or throw off the town. But the more I read the more it feels like he's just not playing very well.

Crap.
unvote, vote GnK

*sigh*

I am not entirely convinced GnK was scum. I had some suspicions on you before, but I liked your case on charter moreso the case on you. It might be entirely possible you both are scum, and you were super bussing (in which case, perhaps charter is a mafia doc). Or..maybe 1 is scum, the other is the compulsive SK? But reading GnK's post, he pretty much posts a lot of the same thing - analysis of the game, and basically telling all the "lurkers" to contribute. I will contribute.. to lynching scum. Hopefully, you guys were right all along about GnK. *crosses fingers*

Also, Day 2- I am not going to lurk or whatever. I am not going to mention my bad play day 1, I am just going to contribute, share my thoughts more clearly, and be generally more pro-town. Right now, I've become one of those bad townies who the scum keep around so they have people they can convince the town to lynch, which is unfortunate. But yeah, hopefully, we get lucky, and GnK is indeed scum. Think what you will for me hammering. If he turns out to be town, I'm sure I will get a lot of heat for it, and probably be quicklynched, but I think, besides charter, or maybe Wall-E, he's the best choice for lynch.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Unvote: Vote: orangepenguin

If you disagree with the lynch, don't add to it. This plus everything else you've done in this game (or haven't done), it's all too much.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

unvote, vote: orangepenguin

I don't know if you could call this an OMGUS vote, since you seem really unhappy to be voting me. Seriously, if you think there are two better lynches, don't vote for me.

Also, if you have a plan on how to play better, start now. That's what I'm doing.
---
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

GnKoichi wrote:
unvote, vote: orangepenguin

I don't know if you could call this an OMGUS vote, since you seem really unhappy to be voting me. Seriously, if you think there are two better lynches, don't vote for me.

Also, if you have a plan on how to play better, start now. That's what I'm doing.
I think they are better choices, personally, not better lynches. I think you might be right in that charter might just be anti-town, but not really indicative of scum. I've seen charter play like this as town before, so I wouldn't be too surprised. I really don't have a case on Wall-E, but I planned on pursuing it tomorrow.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Wall-E wrote:
Unvote: Vote: orangepenguin

If you disagree with the lynch, don't add to it. This plus everything else you've done in this game (or haven't done), it's all too much.
I agree with the lynch. I just thought charter was a better choice. But I support Gnk's lynch. It's funny you re-vote me the moment I list my suspicions of you. :roll:
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

GnKoichi wrote: Also, if you have a plan on how to play better, start now. That's what I'm doing.
Lynching scum/you is a good place to start. Voting me (yes, for omgus reasons, considering you changed your vote from charter, to tony, to me just now) is not playing better.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Nah, I like a good old fashioned mess. GnKoichi provided a spectacular mess for us to appreciate. Now let's do something with it.

Let's analyze the mess.

OP: This is not the first time I have said that I was suspicious of you.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

GnKoichi wrote:Doesn’t want to give info on all players. Is upset his lack of contributions have gone unappreciated.
Upset is a bit of a stretch. Annoyed is more appropriate. Every single response to me references it, and you wonder why I post 1/10 the amount you did. I would give info if it helped the town, but it wouldn't. It'd help the scum though. If I were going to start posting a large amount of info, I would've began by giving info on who I think is scum, not who I think is the most townie.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Wall-E wrote: OP: This is not the first time I have said that I was suspicious of you.
Yes, but you probably forgot. :roll:
Wall-E wrote:
Unvote: Vote: Animorpherv1

I forget who I'm voting for.

I decided that the mod mispelled GnKoichi's name as an involuntary reaction to consternation regarding his play style, leading me to believe the town's fighting affected the mod's mindset, thereby influencing his actions while typing GnKoichi's name.

I know, that sounds dumb as all hell.

I believe it enough to ignore how it sounds.
:?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by Plum »

orangepenguin wrote:
GnKoichi wrote:Jesus, I really hate to do this.

Unvote

Crap.
unvote, vote GnK

*sigh*

I am not entirely convinced GnK was scum. I had some suspicions on you before, but I liked your case on charter moreso the case on you. It might be entirely possible you both are scum, and you were super bussing (in which case, perhaps charter is a mafia doc). Or..maybe 1 is scum, the other is the compulsive SK? But reading GnK's post, he pretty much posts a lot of the same thing - analysis of the game, and basically telling all the "lurkers" to contribute. I will contribute.. to lynching scum. Hopefully, you guys were right all along about GnK. *crosses fingers*

Also, Day 2- I am not going to lurk or whatever. I am not going to mention my bad play day 1, I am just going to contribute, share my thoughts more clearly, and be generally more pro-town. Right now, I've become one of those bad townies who the scum keep around so they have people they can convince the town to lynch, which is unfortunate. But yeah, hopefully, we get lucky, and GnK is indeed scum. Think what you will for me hammering. If he turns out to be town, I'm sure I will get a lot of heat for it, and probably be quicklynched, but I think, besides charter, or maybe Wall-E, he's the best choice for lynch.
I don't think that was the hammer, but I do note how willing you seemed to be to do so. In any case, after GnK's latest post I want to
Unvote

Basically, while I was initially unsure exactly what was going on with GnK unvoting and all, after his recent analysis post I approve. He seems to have done a good reread, and decent analysis as well (his reads on players are now somewhat close to mine for what seem to be similar reasons, which doesn't preclude him being scum, but does make me feel that he seems to have been thinking logically and clearly, a plus) . I now feel that, yes, GnK may be scum, but the latest post makes me feel like he's more likely town openminded enough to do a fresh read and seriously consider the possibility that he may be wrong and that he may have made poor arguments.

So, where would I like my vote? Any of our three low-contributers can be said to have been scummy enough that a vote might not be out of place. Of these, I've had the worst gut feelings on OP and plan to vote for him. See the post above, where, notice, he doesn't mention GnK's good analysis post, just his 'I'm less supicious of Charter, unvote' post, and calls him out for "[P]retty much post[ing] a lot of the same thing -
analysis of the game
, and basically telling all the "lurkers" to contribute." Emphasis mine. OP, you've posted little enough analysis of your own, please don't call out others for analyzing the game. Or did you mean setup speculation? Because there hasn't been much of that for at least the last ten pages. He's voted the Wall-E wagon late with only a quote and an emoticon, just following Nameless' accusation of contradictons, no analysis of his own. Many of his posts are literally void of substance. He agrees with the stupid Wall-E/Charter scumteam theory without warranting his position (on what was in my mind a craplogic-based idea anyway . . .). He complains multiple times after being called out for something he posts that he's told not to lurk and questioned when he contributes. That's the way to play the game, sorry. Later unvotes and votes Charter, again, it appears, only on the Charter/Wall-E team theory. He admits to active lurking, a generally anti-town and suspicious sort of thing. His latest vote is what he seems to think is a hammer on GnK, without much reasoning and seemingly reluctantly, and ends with a promise to play pro-town tomorrow.

GnK: I'm Jewish and saw an opportunity to quote a Jewish Law logic point in the game. Just an in-joke for me.

Also, as I was writing this I noticed Wall-E and GnK posting: this was written after I saw OP's vote on GnK.

Vote: orangepenguin
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:20 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

It's funny that 30% of my posts in this game have been in the past half-hour...*sigh*..I was going to support my vote with quotes and stuff too, but I figured I might as well put my vote out there, with a quick paragraph explaining why. I give you what you want, and it backfires..
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Charter, remember 12 Angry Men Mafia, where I was lurking, and voted for you, and then I was quickly lynched because of it in the span of an hour or less? I was town then, and now the same thing is happening. This is so annoying. I am a doctor. All the basis for the early suspicion on me has no merit anymore, because the moment I try to help, I get lynched because of it. I am probably just digging myself in a bigger whole, but this is what the scum were hoping for. Good job GnK. Or Wall-E.

I don't even think charter is scum anymore. =/ I think he and Plum are town, but I totally expect charter to vote me..if he gets a chance. Just like 12 Angry Men, remember? Ugh.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Plum, I have never admitted to active lurking. I have tried to post every day. I have definitely done more thus far, then, for example, Tony.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Sorry.. maybe I should wait an hour, and then address everything in one giant post, instead of multiple ones?
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by Stef »

@OP:Why did you claim so early? You have 3 votes.. 4 more votes are necessary to lynch. Weird panic you got into. I have seen scum act this way before in one of my games.

I'm willing to vote for you but Charter has been keeping it way too much under the radar... maybe an L-2 will bring him back to us to give us his thoughts on the last two pages.

Vote Charter

Another person i am willing to vote is animorph.. i've had enough of his contentless posts.
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”