Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #6200 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:08 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 6197, Gimli wrote: I think this all makes a lot of sense and I'm listening to it but at the same time I'm seeing klick's real time reaction to it now as WKing furtive so that furtive can townread him - something klick will do if he is mafia cause that's smart

things like calling the setup bad if there's a traitor jailkeeper while simultaneously thinking I can be a traitor gun vendor who received a shot when all mafia died and can vend to himself was totally plausible 3 pages ago
You want to put into the conversation that your role is unreasonable as a Traitor without actually making that case.

I've given very clear reasons why I think Traitor Jailkeeper causes problems. Why does Traitor Gun Vendor cause problems?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #6201 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:09 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 6195, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 440, furtiveglance wrote: Which Hollow Knight characters do people think are mafia

Are we even allowed to talk about it
In post 445, furtiveglance wrote: oh. I think Dung, Sly and Traitor Lord sound pretty sus anyway
In post 6196, fireisredsir wrote:
The Traitor Lord is a main boss in Hollow Knight. He blocks the path to the White Lady in the Queen's Gardens.
:thinking:
I don't see what you're seeing
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6202 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:11 pm

Post by Gimli »

you tried to fit my role with the order of kills by suggesting I'd become a gun vendor who vends to himself AND who gets a kill when all mafia is dead. that's super heavy handed just to fit my role into your narrative. and yet 'traitor jailkeeper' is like super bad because it might mess with the NK, okay then.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6203 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:12 pm

Post by Gimli »

he is saying there's literally a villain called traitor who literally blocks things

how far are you willing to take this obvious pocketing of furtive? I'd probably be scumreading furtive if I couldn't see so clearly what you're doing here
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #6204 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:13 pm

Post by Klick »

Can you stop taking everything I say and construing it as some scum tactics for five whole seconds lmao
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6205 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:15 pm

Post by Gimli »

lol sorry

I'm going to bed anyway gnight <3
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #6206 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:16 pm

Post by Klick »

I'm considering the things fire is saying and I have questions about them! My current read is that furtive is town and you're scum but I do want to hear out what fire is saying.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #6207 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:16 pm

Post by Klick »

Niiight
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #6208 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:17 pm

Post by Klick »

What flavor has furtive claimed?

I thought scum roles were explicitly mod confirmed not tied to flavor but I'll verify that
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #6209 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:26 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 6202, Gimli wrote: you tried to fit my role with the order of kills by suggesting I'd become a gun vendor who vends to himself AND who gets a kill when all mafia is dead. that's super heavy handed just to fit my role into your narrative. and yet 'traitor jailkeeper' is like super bad because it might mess with the NK, okay then.
Okay but
I genuinely have no issue with that role as a concept
You can describe roles that HAVE EXISTED IN THIS GAME in ways that make them sound ridiculous like you're trying to here

Asri was a self-watcher who could ALSO target players who had targeted her before and become Lovers with them
redFF was a neighbourizer AND he got a group-controlled kill when he recruited three members to his neighbourhood

Traitor Gun Vendor is far from far-fetched
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #6210 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:28 pm

Post by Klick »

I think Traitor Gun Vendor is a very skill-expressive role that, notably, does not directly interfere with any potential scum actions
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6211 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:52 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I'm Collector
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6212 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:33 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

to be clear i think that mechanically it feels a little cleaner to me for it to be gimli

im just having trouble seeing his play as scummy

and i think furtive is mechanically possible and also play possible
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6213 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:21 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 6209, Klick wrote:
In post 6202, Gimli wrote: you tried to fit my role with the order of kills by suggesting I'd become a gun vendor who vends to himself AND who gets a kill when all mafia is dead. that's super heavy handed just to fit my role into your narrative. and yet 'traitor jailkeeper' is like super bad because it might mess with the NK, okay then.
Okay but
I genuinely have no issue with that role as a concept
You can describe roles that HAVE EXISTED IN THIS GAME in ways that make them sound ridiculous like you're trying to here

Asri was a self-watcher who could ALSO target players who had targeted her before and become Lovers with them
redFF was a neighbourizer AND he got a group-controlled kill when he recruited three members to his neighbourhood

Traitor Gun Vendor is far from far-fetched
traitor jailkeeper/3p jailkeeper aren't problematic roles. messing up with the NK as a traitor is just variance, it only means it can be negative utility. I played hms mutiny where the traitor had a one shot, didn't know her partners, and killed scum with it without realising it cause she was uninformed. so we have a traitor with possible variance heavy utility for scum, and she endgamed town for that play as well.

you're saying I'm a role that I'm not. you're saying I'm a traitor gun vendor who gets a vig, or who becomes odd night vig, or something to make sense of the kills. fine, its mechanically possible that such a role exists. but its a heavy handed solve and its wrong cause not my role. I'm a town 2 shot gun giver, I'm not carrying around a massive amount of kp like you have to paint me as to justify your mechanical solve. and my flavour is the game's merchant, who upgrades the hero nail twice in the game.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6214 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:28 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 6212, fireisredsir wrote: to be clear i think that mechanically it feels a little cleaner to me for it to be gimli

im just having trouble seeing his play as scummy

and i think furtive is mechanically possible and also play possible
mehcanically it makes perfect sense for it to be klick with a traitor role
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6215 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:35 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 6213, Gimli wrote:I played hms mutiny where the traitor had a one shot, didn't know her partners, and killed scum with it without realising it cause she was uninformed.
the fact that you're trying to argue traitor jailkeeper is such a horrible role because of possible interference with NKs when we have an example of traitor role being used negatively against scum - killing scum, in this very subforum! - tells me you're not arguing in good faith with it. I'm sure you wouldn't look at this setup and spot a traitor jailkeeper and think it's bad game design? well I'm not sure but I think you're stretching the argument to pocket furtive anyway.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6216 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:35 pm

Post by Gimli »

that was to klick
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6217 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:12 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 6201, Klick wrote:
In post 6195, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 440, furtiveglance wrote: Which Hollow Knight characters do people think are mafia

Are we even allowed to talk about it
In post 445, furtiveglance wrote: oh. I think Dung, Sly and Traitor Lord sound pretty sus anyway
In post 6196, fireisredsir wrote:
The Traitor Lord is a main boss in Hollow Knight. He blocks the path to the White Lady in the Queen's Gardens.
:thinking:
I don't see what you're seeing
also - I'm sorry you're getting a bunch of notifications with me saying you're scum, I know that's annoying - but that questioning here, @fireisred, do you think this is in good faith? I think it's so transparent what thoughts you're trying to convey, and I think what klick is doing here is, he wants you to expand on your theory while simultaneously looking skeptical about that because he can't be the one pushing furtive if he wants to win the game. I said klick was acting strategical and you told me that wasn't scummy, but things like 'i don't see what you're seeing' when the ideas are super clear cut is the kind of strategical positioning I think makes a lot of sense if klick is scum. throw me a bone fire, I have a good point here.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6218 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:15 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Maybe fireisredsir is some kind of Condemner with how much he's reaching to try and push me :thinking:
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #6219 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:57 am

Post by Klick »

You really want to push a narrative of me 'pocketing furtive'

First of all, if that's what I'm doing, it's blatantly going pretty horribly

Second, why the
hell
is my plan as scum to 'pocket furtive' when that's literally like the least likely thing to happen in this gamestate and has been for ages

Why is that the play for Klick!scum? You don't have a sensible answer to that because there isn't one.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6220 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:11 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 6219, Klick wrote: You really want to push a narrative of me 'pocketing furtive'

First of all, if that's what I'm doing, it's blatantly going pretty horribly

Second, why the
hell
is my plan as scum to 'pocket furtive' when that's literally like the least likely thing to happen in this gamestate and has been for ages

Why is that the play for Klick!scum? You don't have a sensible answer to that because there isn't one.
you need his vote if you have any chance of winning lol 'you dont have a sensible answer' bro
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6221 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:13 am

Post by Gimli »

you're not daft so I'll take that as scumposting
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6222 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:21 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i was going to make almost that same klick post last night and then forgot, so i don't think it's scumposting

i don't think it's accurate or makes any sense strategically to say that klick is trying to pocket furtive here
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6223 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:30 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 6222, fireisredsir wrote: i was going to make almost that same klick post last night and then forgot, so i don't think it's scumposting

i don't think it's accurate or makes any sense strategically to say that klick is trying to pocket furtive here
how do you expect scum to behave here?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6224 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:32 am

Post by Gimli »

say you're klick and you're scum, you're playing final 4 with one player voting and pushing you. what do you need to do now? you need the other two townies to get together against the one that's pushing you. what klick is doing by trying not to understand that yes furtive can certainly be 3p/traitor and it's not a setup error for such roles to exist, is he wants to take furtive's side against you so furtive can townread him for it.

it's not hard to see it once you see it

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”