Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:33 pm

Post by Talitha »

Or like asking one rodent to clear another rodent :wink:

Yes the only choice is to lynch Someone or myself to prove/disprove the rodent bite/limp/recruit theory.

We don't need Fishy to prove himself again do we?

vote: Someone

Sorry, Someone... time to take it for the team.

[/b]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:22 am

Post by MeMe »

Deadline imposed:
Noon EST, Thursday, October 16
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:26 am

Post by mathcam »

I say finish 'em off.

Cam
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:44 am

Post by Talitha »

Quick Someone.. finish yourself off before someone else does
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:38 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Vote: Someone
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:42 am

Post by MeMe »

"What about the R.O.U.S.’s?"

"Rodents of Unusual Size? I don’t think he exists anymore – we took care of him the other day, remember?”

“But look there at the little “s” on the end of the word “rodent”! I guess it shouldn’t worry us…
oof
!"

Fire up the barbecue – tonight
Someone
, (
ROUS
) will be the chew
ee
rather than the chew
er

It is now night. Deadline for choices is
11 PM EST Wednesday, October 15.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:51 am

Post by MeMe »

Y'all up for some mad déjà vu ? Get ready 'cause here it come... (I am soooo
not
street. Sorry.)

mathcam
is limping about – the result of a nasty wound on his leg. Looks like he'll make a full recovery, though.

And now...Day
EIGHT
!

Hey! No one died again. Cool.

Eight left -- majority is five. Have at it.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:53 am

Post by mathcam »

I don't know who keeps biting me, but QUIT IT!

Talitha, results?

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:58 am

Post by massive »

I want to go on record and say that I protect mathcam last night, as he asked. So quit your complaining. ;)

I'll be curious to see if Talitha wants to continue to campaign for Someone's innocence. ;)
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:25 am

Post by Sugar »

massive wrote:I protect mathcam last night, as he asked.
Actually, wasn't it Talitha who suggested that?
yesterday, she wrote:Baha. Well I'll give you some advice for free. massive, you should protect mathcam tonight. He deserves to die for being complacent.
So, massive... if you'd
not
been protecting Talitha and mathcam2 when they were bitten, would it have made a difference? Are we assuming that they've both been recruited, as Someone seems to have been?
Vote: Talitha
[color=#500000] [size=75]Man! Today is so loopy! - The Tick[/size][/color]
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:04 pm

Post by massive »

Sugar wrote:Are we assuming that they've both been recruited, as Someone seems to have been?
See, I can't imagine we have a chance to win then. If the remaining ROUS(es) can recruit at will, then eventually they'll outnumber the town no matter HOW many we lynch. We have to go back to the time-delay recruit theory and I really HATE that theory.

But in any event, mathcam also said I should have protected him LAST night, and I figured that if Talitha was hinting I should protect him, that I'd probably NOT protect him due to reverse-psychology, and it wouldn't matter since she wasn't killing anyways, it looks like.

Me so confused. If they can recruit on the spot, we don't have a chance. The only thing any of us can hope for is to become an ROUS so we win. ;)

[oh wait, I see what you're saying, Sugar. You're asking "does my protection interfere with the ROUS so that it's a recruit bite and not a kill bite?" I don't know. That's a good possibility, but doesn't explain how Someone became an ROUS in the first place. We'd have to assume he was an ROUS all along and I don't think that's the case, or there's a FOURTH doctor in the game who hasn't revealed that ability.]
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:15 pm

Post by Sugar »

But what if the recruits don't actually "turn evil" until the night
after
they are attacked? If that's the (admittedly imaginative) case, then Talitha is the only evil left, while mathcam's still good.
The other possibility I thought of, and I think I mentioned it before, is that the ROUS role has a limited number of recruitment opportunities, or that there's some sort of chance factor involved when they kill/recruit.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:17 pm

Post by Sugar »

Whoops. And another possibility is that all rodents have been eliminated, and now we're dealing with one mafia or SK left.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:29 pm

Post by mathcam »

A mafia or SK who would bite my leg?

Cam
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:36 pm

Post by Sugar »

Heehee. Scratch possibility #2, guys. Somebody else posit theories, mine are getting goofy.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:29 pm

Post by Talitha »

On a hunch I investigated mathcam -- pro-town :(
I know he's been investigated before... I was just trying to be clever and find a recruitee but it didn't work
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:40 pm

Post by Talitha »

We know that mathcam and myself were protected when we were bitten, but Someone wasn't. That makes him the odd one out. Logic would tell us that his limp was due to a recruit and ours was due to being protected during an attack. But the game is not over? (Sorry, I know I'm stating the obvious)

We can pretty much discard the 24 hour theory I think, because massive protected mathcam
last night
but not
the night before

The only explanation I can think of is that there is some strange game mechanic that makes some recruitee's limp around, but not others. Maybe it's a random thing, or maybe a game balancing thing.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:01 am

Post by Norinel »

I think the most likely scenario is that there were three rats from the beginning, and they had no recruitment opportunities, but they did have information on (or could deduce) the townie role name and could make a fake bite or bite one of their own to throw off suspicion.

Talitha/DP (Grandpa, innocent by rite N1)
Fishbulb 2 replaces CRiX (The King, innocent by rite N2)
mathcam (? but innocent via DP N3 & N8 and rite N4)
massive (Fezzik)
mikehart (generic Florin townie, innocent via DP N6)
mole (generic Florin townie, innocent by rite N6)
Norinel replaces Darkblade (Westley, innocent by DP N7)
Sugar (generic Florin townie)

If there's no recruitment or investigative immunity, two uncleareds remain. I think we should deal with (Lynch one, investigate the other) them first.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:05 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Sounds good to me. Has massive (Fezzik) stated any abilities as of yet?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:38 am

Post by massive »

Norinel wrote:I think we should deal with (Lynch one, investigate the other) them first.
I honestly think this scenario is the worst. If we ignore our bite candidates at this point, true, we still can win, but only if they can't recruit any more.

Someone was a townie. Someone got bit and limped around. Someone was an ROUS when we lynched him. The logical conclusion is not "oh, an ROUS attacked one of their own." The logical conclusion is "Someone got bit and became an ROUS."

Obviously it will be up to the entire town, but I think the best play is to go after Talitha and (now) mathcam. If you want to lynch mathcam today to prove the theory, that still leaves Talitha available to "inspect" someone tonight.

(Never mind the fact that, if she were still an inspector, she would have inspected ME since I was the one she was most suspicious of and actually voted for. Or at least would have cleared an uncleared townie.)
Fishbulb wrote:Has massive (Fezzik) stated any abilities as of yet?
I'm your remaining doctor, although instead I feel like a vet. Sad to say but I probably will not protect anyone tonight in the interest of preventing the whole town from going to the ROUSes.

Oh, and
vote Talitha
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:45 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Oh yes, I remember that now, massive. Been a rough couple weeks for me. :?

Anyway, I agree about the Talitha thing. Not enough to vote yet, however, but I see your point.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:17 am

Post by mathcam »

Going after Talithat because of the leg bit is now ridiculous. If we were all being turned into ROUSes, the town couldn't win, as I think
you
even mentioned before. I'm stupmed as to what the actual mechanism of the ROUSes is. I'm certailny not a ROUS yet, though I obviously have no idea whether or not I'll become one tonight.

Talitha has given us several correct investigations, right? How can we doubt her authenticity? I'm
most
suspicious of massive, who seems to have little in terms of proving that he's a doc.

I think I agree with Norinel's situation: 3 rats from the beginning, no recruiting at all.

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:09 am

Post by massive »

mathcam wrote:Going after Talithat because of the leg bit is now ridiculous.
Your change of opinion makes your situation quite obvious. Why exactly is going after Talitha because of her leg bite ridiculous, when we lynched Someone yesterday, under the same auspices, and he turned out to be a ROUS? Are you saying that Norinel's suggestion that the ROUSes attacked themselves to throw us off makes sense?

Yes, I mentioned the fact that if we're all being turned into ROUSes, that we can't win. That's IF the change takes place immediately and IF the remaining ROUSes have unlimited recruiting, and still doesn't preclude the fact that, as the town, we should still be at least TRYING to win and not just giving ourselves over to the ROUSes. And while I don't think it's possible, if it IS my protection that is causing the change from kill-bite to recruit-bite, we don't have to worry about that any more, as I'll just stop protecting. It's better to have a dead player than another ROUS.

I have another possibility that I want to put forth. What if the ROUSes only have one recruit each? Dourgrim hit Someone, Someone hit Talitha, Talitha hit mathcam. Maybe the right move is to lynch mathcam today to stop the process. Anyways,
mathcam wrote:Talitha has given us several correct investigations, right? How can we doubt her authenticity?
Her recent string of investigations have little to no veracity. She failed to investigate rite on the night before the day we lynched him, when he obviously was the leading target, instead investigating a confirmed powerless townie. She failed to investigate me last night, when she was suspicious of me enough to vote for me, instead investigating someone who was already a confirmed innocent and that she herself had already investigated. In fact, if you look at her record since the night of her bite, it gives us little to no new information at all.
mathcam wrote:I'm
most
suspicious of massive, who seems to have little in terms of proving that he's a doc.
I guess the fact that we had two days with zero kills is a complete crock. Two days, I might add, with BOTH ROUSes AND Mafia still alive, two days AFTER our real doctors were both killed, two days where I protected the investigator who is still alive, even. That must mean that not only did the ROUSes attack themselves, but also that the Mafia decided not to send in a kill in an attempt to throw us off. Didn't work real well since we killed 'em all.

As I said earlier: If you want to lynch me, do so, since it will prove my case. You can't do that because you need me to stick around and be the scapegoat. Since I'm pretty much saying that I won't protect tonight, I'm no better than a powerless townie, so my loss won't hurt the town at all. Go for it. But I know you can't without coming up with another bizarre scenario, one that will be even LESS believable to the fair people of this town.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:17 am

Post by mathcam »

In fact, if you look at her record since the night of her bite, it gives us little to no new information at all.
Hm, that's a good point. I guess I was thinking about the days of yore when Talitha was helping us pick off the baddies. So maybe she did lose her power if/when she was converted.
I have another possibility that I want to put forth. What if the ROUSes only have one recruit each? Dourgrim hit Someone, Someone hit Talitha, Talitha hit mathcam. Maybe the right move is to lynch mathcam today to stop the process.
Kind of interesting, really, especially for me, since my chances of winning are pretty good, then. Either I'm going to become a ROUS and start killing you all or you lynch me now and increase the chance that the town (and thus I as well) win. Neat.

I still feel there something's too clean-cup about the recruiting theory. I really don't think MeMe would tell us in the thread if there was a leg-bite if the leg-bite was an indication of recruitment. This either weakens the recruiting the point of uselessness or the recruiting process was so strong in the first place that we had little hope of overcoming it.

Getting indignant isn't going to solve anything, massive. I ddin't even vote for you. And yeah, going days without kills is kind of a big crock. There's something very fishy about the killing in the game, and to claim that you're responsible for the lack of it is irresponsible of you as a purported doc. The killing groups were stupid enough to pick Talitha two nights in a row? And as far as faking a doc claim goes, saying that you protected the cop every night sure is an easy fake. And then you seemingly reasonlessly chose to protect no one the next night? There
is
suspicion in your direction, and you can either try to dispell that suspicion or thoriwn in the towel with a "If you want to lynch me, do so." I certainly know which would be more helpful for whichever team you're on.

Cam
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:32 am

Post by Sugar »

I pretty much agree with massive's last post. Not sure about his interesting ROUS recruiting theory, but I'm thinking about it.

Norinel, I was having a hard time believing that we had 2 rats from the beginning, but 3? Who?! There's nobody left but massive. That's asking me to believe that Someone was an ROUS who knew the "secret townie code" so well that he was able to convince me. Why wasn't massive (our only other possibility for ROUS) or Dourgrim let in on it?

Now, on to Talitha. Yesterday, when we were discussing the possibility of the game having 2 rats from the start, she wrote:
...they would have to be one of our uncleared... massive, Sugar or Someone.
She didn't investigate either massive or myself. It makes no sense that she investigated mathcam (the previously investigated/cleared jadesmar), to check for a recruitment. We had absolutely no discussion yesterday about possible unbitten recruits, this is just scummy.
We should lynch either her or mathcam. Which one will give us the most info tomorrow? If we lynch her today, we discover much. She's been recuited, therefore so has mathcam. Or, she's innocent and we start from scratch with new theories.

On the other hand, lynching mathcam may stop massive's "one recruit each" ROUS theory. The problem is, we won't really know after his death if that's what happened, if he's not "officially" recruited yet.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”