Micro 1072: Turf Wars | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:37 pm

Post by Skygazer »

would any of the ppl scum reading oclaxian care to join me?

i feel like i'm liking aureal more for town and their wagon felt v quick with conflicting justification so i sense some potential opportunism, and i agree with most that patch is obvtown
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:39 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 500, Skygazer wrote: would any of the ppl scum reading oclaxian care to join me?

i feel like i'm liking aureal more for town and their wagon felt v quick with conflicting justification so i sense some potential opportunism, and i agree with most that patch is obvtown
Meh.

I don't like this.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:45 pm

Post by Skygazer »

u don't feel their frustration is genuine?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:45 pm

Post by Skygazer »

aureal's that is
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them | it/its

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by Oclaxian Empire »

What about Aureal’s postings comes off as frustration to you?
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them | it/its

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by Oclaxian Empire »

I’m not seeing it
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:57 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 446, Aureal wrote:
In post 444, Oclaxian Empire wrote: Drel: So instead of just accepting you’re being scumread, try to do something so people stop doing so?
Why do you think I'm sitting here throwing irritated spammy posts back and forth with you guys? This is not at all my style and you're frustrating me greatly with your expectations that I should be playing the way you do. It's been two freaking days since the game opened and I guess you expect me to have it solved already or something. Do you not have lives? I'm not an aggressive hyper poster and if you just scumread people for being more patient, deliberate, and thoughtful, you're going to end up being wrong an awful lot.
i mean stuff like this is pretty transparently frustrated...
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:58 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 501, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 500, Skygazer wrote: would any of the ppl scum reading oclaxian care to join me?

Meh.

I don't like this.
I was actually talking about patch obv town.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:00 pm

Post by Skygazer »

and i think ur reasoning is kind of weak (you said they're just kind of there), you said that most of their posts are shitposts, and i feel like that rlly hasnt been the case with aureal for a bit now. so i could see how they would get frustrated with that
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:02 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 507, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 501, Doctor Drew wrote:

Meh.

I don't like this.
I was actually talking about patch obv town.
i mean theyre kind of spewing town all over the place. overexcited, throwing a lot out there, uninhibited with what they say, i dont see that as scum play
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:06 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 508, Skygazer wrote: and i think ur reasoning is kind of weak (you said they're just kind of there), you said that most of their posts are shitposts, and i feel like that rlly hasnt been the case with aureal for a bit now. so i could see how they would get frustrated with that
this was directed at oclaxian
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:10 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 504, Oclaxian Empire wrote: What about Aureal’s postings comes off as frustration to you?
In post 436, Aureal wrote:
In post 431, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: i think ur scum for that exact reason: i barely remember ur in the game and ur posts just kinda exist. they don't do anything. kt, sky, and lorne at least have done stuff. u've just kinda existed in my eyes.
So let me get this straight. Drew thinks I'm scum because he thinks I'm hard scumreading furtiveglance over a possible scumslip. You think I'm scum because I'm not doing anything.

What even is this. I don't. What.
In post 432, Oclaxian Empire wrote: ur so utr that it makes u scum in my eyes
What's utr?
In post 438, Aureal wrote:
In post 435, patchwork wrote: you literally pushed furtive for a "scumslip" and didn't start any discussion over actual important things afterwards
Trying to pursue leads on scum is not actual important things. Okay. Fine.
oclaxian: these two came across as frustrated and theyre both before you said "you didn't seem frustrated until this post"
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:21 pm

Post by Skygazer »

also oclaxian, you're saying that aureal is mostly shitposting (not really true relative to the rest of the players), and "just kind of there" when so many of ur reads are just null without much reasoning... in your eyes uve said uve seen me/kitty/lorne contribute even if we're not "super active" but i think aureal has contributed just as much as the other three you had in that "kinda there" category. it feels like weak reasoning, and ur also not rlly making an effort to solve your nulls even though we've all had some content to look at.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:28 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 407, Lorne Malvo wrote:
In post 406, patchwork wrote:
In post 404, Lorne Malvo wrote:
In post 403, patchwork wrote: ohh okay my bad
It isn't your bad, you just dont have enough confidence in yourself
i've gotten tunnelled very badly (in one game, by furtive themself) for behaviors that aren't really that scummy and based on personality so honestly it's kind of what you'd expect
People reading others based on their personality/playstyle is honestly what I'd put #1 in "mistakes that townies make"
It can be hard to tell what's playstyle and what's just being scummy sometimes. Like if someone is acting cummy because they are scum or if they are just a Day Miller.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:28 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

SCUMMY SCUMMY SCUMMY :dead:

The S key on my keyboard skips sometimes.
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:28 pm

Post by Skygazer »

lmaooooook
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:29 pm

Post by Skygazer »

thats so fuckin funny
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:47 pm

Post by Aureal »

The Content of the First 6.5 Hours of the Game, from patchwork's ISO:

Spoiler: patch triggering shitposting then complaining about the quality of content provided
In post 52, patchwork wrote: can i have an evil muffin?
In post 59, patchwork wrote: btw drew. can you quit fluffposting, thanks!
In post 65, patchwork wrote: now drew it'd be sick if you could provide some actual opinions on the game, be it on setup, players so far, opinions on interactions
but i mean feel free to keep fluffposting, we can hammer you then

Spoiler: patch thinks talking about players is good and people should do it
In post 16, patchwork wrote:
In post 15, Lorne Malvo wrote:
In post 9, patchwork wrote: this is my first micro, and this is a fun setup, so i'm excited to play with yall
dropping an rvs vote on VOTE: aureal, hi to you too! o/
Why has RVSing survived all these years on MS?
is it a bad thing? in my opinion dropping votes on people and talking about them helps to generate discussion and get the actual game into play
In post 57, patchwork wrote: hey KittyTacky when you get onto the game can you provide your opinion on the players (especially furtive and lorne)

Spoiler: all of the content patch has that's giving any sort of opinion about other players before patch demands an opinion on players from Kitty
In post 39, patchwork wrote: it's a little strange how you can be so confident in my being town on page two
i dont even feel like im coming off that way either
Yup, that's it!

Spoiler: patch doesn't think people are Contenting
In post 93, patchwork wrote: townreads so far are skygazer and lorne malvo in that order, everyone else is null because no one is Contenting

Spoiler: all of the content giving opinions on other players that patch has made in the interim period before complaining that no one else is Contenting
In post 91, patchwork wrote:
In post 88, Lorne Malvo wrote: You could live between me and Sky and be the neighbour of us both
i'd love to
In post 89, Lorne Malvo wrote: I don't throw out townreads, I know what I'm doing
pretty sure sky knows what they're doing too
but oh well i'll take your word for it
Yup, that's it! (does this really count as any sort of read?)

Spoiler: patch again wants people to post takes on other people
In post 110, patchwork wrote: hey, lorne, skygazer, before we lapse into unrelated conversation, what're your takes on aureal and furtive?

Spoiler: all of the interim player-related content since patch wanted Contenting
In post 99, patchwork wrote: ok but lorne's townread has weird vibes though right
Is it too generous to even call this player-related content?

Spoiler: patch's take on the players they wanted takes on
In post 113, patchwork wrote:
In post 111, Lorne Malvo wrote:
In post 110, patchwork wrote: hey, lorne, skygazer, before we lapse into unrelated conversation, what're your takes on aureal and furtive?
Nonexistent
same

Spoiler: patch continues to demand that people talk about players
In post 121, patchwork wrote: furtive please talk players and not mechanics
In post 126, patchwork wrote: they're not even contributing
In post 127, patchwork wrote:
In post 125, furtiveglance wrote:
I townread you
I think Lorne's content could come from scum but I'll give them slight +town so far
Drew seems to be in his town meta

Who else is in this game?
thanks!! stargazer posted too whats your take on her
In post 135, patchwork wrote: because if things were to "organically happen" nothing would happen at all
we need to be talking about the games and the players and solve, not just stand around and talk about the setup (which i;m sure that at this point, everyone has seen)

Spoiler: patch makes excuses for not being able to talk about players
In post 136, patchwork wrote: like tbh nothing's really been happening at all, a large majority of the posts here have been fluffy or have barely any substance
In post 152, patchwork wrote:
In post 141, Doctor Drew wrote: It is like you are afraid for things to organically happen, again 'control the narrative'.
not really? i can't get anything related to someone's alignment out of fluffposting. i prefer to read based on vibe and interactions with other users, but if someone's just being goofy i can't really do that.
In post 156, patchwork wrote: how do i even explain this lol
i want to discuss the game and such but no one's really posting, and then furtive pops in to talk about the setup (which everyone has seen if they're playing this game, because that's what you do before you sign up for a random micro). it is a little agitating because furtive hasn't really been doing much prior to this, and talking about the setup is a way you can look towny but not actually contribute. that's why i asked them to stop talking about setup and talk about the actual game and the players who have posted.
and then i feel like none of you are really taking me seriously, which is frustrating. like, idk, there's really not much to talk about, and we have two slots who haven't posted at all, and then no one's really actually talking about the game itself and it's just Stressful, i guess. i want people to have discussions about the game so we can solve faster but no one's really there to engage me, and questioning lorne about his strangely fast tr on me got no good ends... i'm really not trying to control the way the game goes, it's just that nothing is really happening atm and i want to Talk to people
pedit: sorry if i'm making the activity levels too high or something. idk i'm just wanting to Talk with People abou the game and that's just not happening

Spoiler: 6.5 hours into the game, after at least 10 demands for other people to generate player reads/complaints that people are not doing so, patch finally has some reasoning for a few reads, after being prompted to react to furtive's reads
In post 159, patchwork wrote:
In post 158, furtiveglance wrote: patchwork, I gave a few reads. Do you want to agree/disagree?
i saw them but i haven't actually properly responded, let me do that rn, thanks for reminding me
In post 161, patchwork wrote:
In post 125, furtiveglance wrote:
I townread you
I think Lorne's content could come from scum but I'll give them slight +town so far
Drew seems to be in his town meta

Who else is in this game?
In post 129, furtiveglance wrote: Oh and Skygazer is the player who's given me the scummiest vibes so far
here are the posts
right so on me: why do you townread me?
personally, i disagree with skygazer. i like her vibes a ton and think that while they have a few sketchy vibes, they're probably a null or townlean for me. the drew push was something i agreed with because Content Please Dude, though i was a little more skeptical of how they went ahead and jumped on you.
unsure if the drew read is a townread, but because i haven't seen their play i can't comment on that. to me, drew seems like a null because their play isn't explicitly towny or scummy to me.
i agree with your take on lorne. it could come from both town and scum, and i was definitely very skeptical about it (like how do you drop a tr on me at Page Two ??) but they could just be confident town. they have this very unhinged sort of feel to them that i like, and it's it’s sort of a town-attributable thing and not something that mafia cna replicate very easily imo
Note that I said "some" reasoning and a "few" reads.

How the heck are people townreading this?? I haven't even tried to dive into the rest of the game yet, but I bet it's going to be more of the same. But the last few hours' worth of patch's posts directed at me feel especially smug and full of it, like they're intentionally trying to rile me up.

New game theory: patch and Oclaxian are tag-teaming to keep us distracted with shitposts so they can heap scorn where they see fit for Not Having Content.

VOTE: patchwork
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Lorne Malvo
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:25 am

Post by Lorne Malvo »

In post 486, patchwork wrote: also aureal tell me you're OMGUSing me without telling me your OMGUSing me
OMGUS is not scummy 95% of the time, anything that's a basic mafia term isn't good reasoning to scumread someone unless they're an absolute noob
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:28 am

Post by KittyTacky »

My head hurts, I'll finish my catchup later. Ugh. I think I'm sick.
~Vasex
~Enchant
Lorne Malvo
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:30 am

Post by Lorne Malvo »

In post 519, KittyTacky wrote: My head hurts, I'll finish my catchup later. Ugh. I think I'm sick.
You're Russian?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:41 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Game feels a bit stodgy at the moment. I'm ready to wage war tonight though.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:57 am

Post by Skygazer »

i work from 8:30am til like 9:30pm (est) on tuesday nights so i'll be less active on tuesdays by the way
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:57 am

Post by Skygazer »

can maybe phone post from my main gig but at night i lecture so
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:58 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Aureal, do you really think patchwork/Oclaxian is realistic? I've dismissed that possibility.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”