Mini 693 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Mafia (OVER)

raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:54 am

Post by raider8169 »

Pesco47 wrote:Someone explain this whole thing to me? I didn't even notice when/where the mod made a mistake. I assume the correction was made while I was offline (timezone-wise).
I am not sure I understand it either. I think the mod said Zoneace was a watcher and SP said he was a tracker. The mod then fixed the origional mistake and said he was a tracker. The only real way SP would have known the mistake would be if he was the partner. Is my understanding correct?
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:38 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Am I correct in assuming that SP knew that ZONEACE was a tracker before the mod fixed his mistake?

Unvote, vote: SilverPhoenix
I really don't see the difference between a watcher and tracker: I use them interchangeably. I know there are technical differences, but I don't find them different enough to be scummy for saying one and not the other. It simply isn't fair.

Mod: What is the difference between a tracker and a watcher in your terms? Because I'm really curious why you make me appear to have more knowledge than I do.
:x

A tracker sees who his target targets. A watcher sees who targets his target. I made a mistake when writing ZONEACE's death scene and identified him as the wrong role. - Tar
[i]Currently lurking about...
[/i]
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Natirasha »

SilverPhoenix wrote:
Am I correct in assuming that SP knew that ZONEACE was a tracker before the mod fixed his mistake?

Unvote, vote: SilverPhoenix
I really don't see the difference between a watcher and tracker: I use them interchangeably. I know there are technical differences, but I don't find them different enough to be scummy for saying one and not the other. It simply isn't fair.

Mod: What is the difference between a tracker and a watcher in your terms? Because I'm really curious why you make me appear to have more knowledge than I do.
:x
Watchers see who targeted a player. Trackers see who a player targeted. Thats how I always thought it worked.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by malthusis »

It means a lot when a tracker can prove/disprove character claims while a watcher is a essentialy weaker because you need to know who's going to get targeted.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by andersonw »

@ZazieR: Can you now explain why you've been asking SP whether he's been reading? (or was it just the tracker/watcher thing?)

I don't know if I believe SP saying that he doesn't see the difference between a watcher and tracker. The fact that you said tracker when the mod first said that ZONEACE was a watcher is pretty suspicious. You've been here for more than a year already, and also, when you said "It simply isn't fair", it seems to be slightly overreacting and an appeal to emotion, too.
FoS: SilverPhoenix
. I might vote later, I need to take another look.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:01 pm

Post by Natirasha »

OH COME ON. It's obvious that he's scum--there's no way he would screw up saying tracker without inside knowledge.

Proxy: Natirasha
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"But these aren't real men, they just run around aimlessly" - the head carpenter

The Twenty-Third Vote Count (aka the "Left, Right, Left, Left, Right, Left, Down, Down" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

andersonw (0)
ZazieR (rep. letsbefriends) (0)
Natirasha (0)
malthusis (0)
ooba (0)
SilverPhoenix (2) - iLord, Natirasha
iLord (1) - Pesco47
Pesco47 (0)
raider8169 (0)

Not Voting (8): andersonw, ZazieR, malthusis, ooba, SilverPhoenix, raider8169

Votes required to lynch: 6

FoS Count:

andersonw
ZazieR
Natirasha
malthusis
ooba
SilverPhoenix (1) - andersonw
iLord
CoheedCambria09
Pesco47 - ZazieR
raider8169

Current Deadline:
December 2, 2008 at ~6:00 P.M. (GMT -6)
Second Mod Deadline Review:
November 25, 2008 at ~6:00 P.M. (GMT -6)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:47 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Natirasha wrote:OH COME ON. It's obvious that he's scum--there's no way he would screw up saying tracker without inside knowledge.

Proxy: Natirasha
Once again, I found the roles interchangeable in
general talking terms
. The fact that I said the other and the mod changed it to that other is an accident that is really on the mod's error.

Mod: Check your PM box...
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

andersonw wrote:You've been here for more than a year already, and also, when you said "It simply isn't fair", it seems to be slightly overreacting and an appeal to emotion, too.
A better indicator of my skill level is games played, in which I've only completed
two
. I dropped for like 6-8 months and got replaced in all the games I was in, so I didn't get to finish those (like 3 or so). Nevertheless, I was being too general in saying tracker = watcher.
The fact is that the mod error is the only reason why I look like scum at this point. I'm appealing to the mod, not to any of you. And I'm overreacting? Considering that what has happened can easily lead to my lynch, better for me to zealously defend myself then just let it happen.
[/i]
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:14 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

I would not publically admit an error if said error confirmed a player's alignment. Ergo, the update in the first post should NOT be construed as confirming Silver Phoenix's alignment in any way, shape, or form. (Those of you who were in Babylon 5 should know exactly how much faith to place in a mod confirmation in a Tarhalindur game.)

That said: ZONEACE's past role WAS titled Tracker, not Watcher, as my backup mod can confirm if necessary. I simply screwed up on the first post. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:22 pm

Post by Pesco47 »

I'll take SP as having made an honest mistake. I also recently confused tracker/watcher in another game.
FoS SP
seems fair.

I notice Ooba still failed to deliver a post within the time he specified himself.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:04 am

Post by raider8169 »

I do not think SP made a mistake. Why else would the mod feel the need to chime in and his mistake was not a mistake as it happened to be right. I think he knew what his partner was and said so in game before realizing that the mod put down the wrong role.

Vote SP
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:09 am

Post by ZazieR »

Finally found what was wrong with SP's post.
He started saying mafia tracker, although the Mod made the mistake of saying mafia watcher. Could have been a mistake, however it gives me the impression that he didn't read the post where ZONEACE's allignment was flipped.
Then some posts later, he said mafia watcher. I thought that he somewhere had seen that he was a watcher, so I asked if he had read back. If he hadn't, he would have seen it somewhere else, probably in his role PM or in the quick topic chat. But as the mod made an error, I thought it was a mistake. But something kept telling me that something was wrong. I didn't know what so I unvoted.

However, after looking back, I've seen what.
Here are the quotes which I'll be talking about:
SP in post 349 wrote:He flipped tracker, but I somewhat doubt that he would be an insane tracker.
SP in post 439 wrote:I was expressing my doubts that he was an insane tracker (which is what the mod said he was)
And as extra, I'd like to point towards post 328, where you can see now:
Tar's post wrote:Last edited by Tarhalindur on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
In the first quote, you can see that ZONEACE 'flipped' tracker. However, ZONEACE flipped at that point 'Mafia watcher' through the error of our mod.
Then in the second quote, he said that this was what the mod has said. At that moment though, he was still a 'mafia watcher'.

I quoted the edit of post 328 as it shows time and date. Both of SP's post were before this time of edit. So how could he have flipped tracker and how could the mod have said that he was an insane tracker, while the mod still didn't know about this error?

Vote SilverPhoenix
Ignore the ''R''
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:19 am

Post by malthusis »

This is truly a case of Bayes Theorem (If you look at something would it be more likely scum, town, or both equally likely did it) this confirms SP in my opinion (unless he is somehow a role -cop, in which he should claim right now)

Vote SP
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:22 am

Post by ZazieR »

You know that you just lynched him (you have a double vote)
SP: iLord, Natirasha, Raider, Zazie, Malthusis, Malthusis

With 6 needed to lynch. That was the claim (again :roll:)

And no thoughts of Ooba (again :roll:)
Ignore the ''R''
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:22 am

Post by iLord »

I'm back.

And I've caught up.

I don't get how Pesco can by he mixed up Tracker/Watcher. I can understand mixing up the abilities of the two, but to use them interchangeablely after being exposed to this site for as long as SP has been in, is quite improbable.
SP wrote:To show I'm reading what the mod posts....
Although I said tracker, watcher/tracker are pretty much the same role. They find what people do during the night.
"pretty much?"

"pretty much" =/= interchangeablely.

I'm pretty confident that you're lying. It doesn't help that I still believe you were busing ZONEACE.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Pesco47 »

I made a watcher/tracker mixup in another ongoing game here (no links, go find it yourself).

I'm still as suspicious of Malt as from the first day since he has now hammered twice, both times seemingly quite careless of the fact that he double votes.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:20 am

Post by iLord »

Pesco wrote:I made a watcher/tracker mixup in another ongoing game here (no links, go find it yourself).

I'm still as suspicious of Malt as from the first day since he has now hammered twice, both times seemingly quite careless of the fact that he double votes.
I meant SP, sorry.

SP didn't mix them up - he says that he uses them interchangeablely, and so he says that they are the same.

However, the post I quoted specifically states that he realizes the two have a minor difference.

Hence my statement.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Pesco47 »

I still don't like how you can make that many name typos.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:44 am

Post by iLord »

Pesco wrote:I still don't like how you can make that many name typos.
I'm trying to catch myself more often, but I still do it a lot.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:47 am

Post by Pesco47 »

I think it's a subtle trick you do to catch the people who only skim-read the posts.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:55 am

Post by iLord »

Pesco wrote:I think it's a subtle trick you do to catch the people who only skim-read the posts.
I can assure you that it's not.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:20 am

Post by Pesco47 »

It'll be a fine trick to try out in another game.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:50 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"These three here are SUPER CUCCOS!" - Talon

The Twenty-Fourth Vote Count (aka the "Down, Right, Left, Down, Right, Left, Right, Down" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

andersonw (0)
ZazieR (rep. letsbefriends) (0)
Natirasha (0)
malthusis (0)
ooba (0)
SilverPhoenix (6) - iLord, Natirasha, raider8169, ZazieR, malthusis
iLord (1) - Pesco47
Pesco47 (0)
raider8169 (0)

Not Voting (3): andersonw, ooba, SilverPhoenix

Votes required to lynch: 6

FoS Count:

andersonw
ZazieR
Natirasha
malthusis
ooba
SilverPhoenix (1) - andersonw
iLord
CoheedCambria09
Pesco47 - ZazieR
raider8169

Current Deadline:
December 2, 2008 at ~6:00 P.M. (GMT -6)
Second Mod Deadline Review:
November 25, 2008 at ~6:00 P.M. (GMT -6)

Lynch count has been reached.
It is now Twilight. Any player that wants to use an action but hasn't sent it in (or who wants to change the target of their action) should do so now.
User out of ambit.

SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:18 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

You guys are idiots. Thanks for
ONCE AGAIN
lynching someone before a chance to claim. I had a one-shot NK immunity during the past (that I didn't use last night) and a reflector ability (I could redirect kills aimed at me to someone else) in the future, stuff that I could have used to cause some serious damage to the scum by preventing kills. And I'm lynched all of a minor fucking technicality and a mod error. It's not like I helped myself much about protecting myself, but nevertheless, the town sure is playing this one poorly and being led like sheeple.
Whatever, go town. I guess. :|

I would pick Natirasha as scum for even finding such a stupid thing as using one word over another as something to lynch over. But it isn't like the town is going to wisen up any time soon. :|
[/i]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”