Micro 1070 | a micro normal | Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:29 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1008, Aristeia wrote: like I don't get why Klick has a POE of 4 players and decides to vote for me and put me at 3 votes - did he even have a reason to scumread me at that point?
A PoE of 4 means 50% odds of hitting scum
I'm comfortable with sheeping in those odds and I didn't feel towny on you prior to that point.

See this thread. I've been intending to apply this logic in-game.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:33 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1009, Aristeia wrote: like he says Gimli is town af - but why does that mean Ari is scum for pushing Gimli?
It doesn't necessarily and I didn't use that as reasoning

I do not like making conclusive pushes on people who might be scum. I find it's fairly rare that I have evidence that suggests someone is scum at the level where I'm comfortable throwing my weight around about it. I find that's much more likely to happen with townreads. And so I tend to get a PoE pool and be somewhat satisfied with any vote within it.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:36 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1043, Gimli wrote:
In post 1040, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1032, Gimli wrote: andante's wagon that killed her started with klick. it wasn't me, really, I just voted her. klick asked me to do it cause in my solve I put you and andante as my top SRs. if anybody on andante's wagon deserves credit it's klick. I'm willing to die on that hill and if I'm wrong then I got outplayed and that's it.

Klick asked you if you wanted to switch to Andante but he said he was fine voting for Ari as well - this was as a reaction to me voting for Klick. If Klick is town, how does that reaction make sense from his POV without adjusting his read of me?
I would never refuse klick's invitation to vote andante. klick also was the one who emptied your wagon by taking me out of it.

ok I'm going to explain something about how mafia approaches 9p games because it's not simply just about shoving a townie to death - it's about making sure one mafia is alive at the end.

I think Klick was ok with me and you 1v1ing because if Klick is scum, then he doesn't actually care which one of us dies in the 1v1. In his mind maybe I kill you on D1 and then he can mislim me on D2 or you kill me on D1 and then you become easy to mislim on D2.

The issue I have with how he approached our 1v1 is that his key points that he made were that:

1) Gimli is town
2) I have a POE of 4 players and Ari is one of them so I'm fine yeeting her and I'll vote her to put her at E-2

I don't think this is a town mindset because:

(a) He doesn't really have a good way of expressing why his townread of you is that solid - "he is solving" "body of work" "meta" "day and night differences" are all mental shortcuts that I frequently see mafia when they TMI. More importantly they do nothing to convince the other players that your read is correct - he's not really trying to convince me that you are town because none of his reasons would be convincing to a town player who is convinced that gimli is mafia.

(b) He doesn't really consider that I could be town who has a bad read on you - he just assumes I should be reading your correctly and because I am not then I should be mafia - this doesn't actually make sense because town makes bad reads all the time. If anything my pressure on you is causing you to become more readable for him - that's me actively pushing game state foward and is town indicative for me - there's no reason for him to actually think I'm mafia who is pushing a polarized player to towntell and getting into a 1v1.

(c) It doesn't make sense for mafia!ari to decide to loudly push herta!afklurkertown or gimli loudly resisting town because there is very little gain in this - even if I mislim you I end up getting my hands dirty - there are many more easier eliminations for me to get - for example Aureal who got run up to E-1 while I am off-wagon or mykonian or andante or pretty much anyone who got run up. There are many oppurtunities for me to push - not all of them can be my partners etc. Instantly jumping to Scum!Ari pushing town!gimli is a very unnuanced take on what is going on.

(d) a POE of 4 is not very good for a 9p. It requires using all 4 eliminations, every one of your townreads being correct, and like even if you are right in a POE4, you have a 50% chance of missing and eroding any towncred you have and you could easily find yourself mislimmed afterwards. I don't even think it makes sense for me/datisi to be in a POE with Andante as we voted for her to begin with? It's really strange to me for Klick to be ok putting me at 3 when his POE is that wide. I am not even sure he had a reason to scumread me when he voted for me.
You are always gonna be my love
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:38 am

Post by Aristeia »

like the thing with a POE of 4 is - how are you sure your POE of 4 is right? because the town only gets to vote out 4 people so if it's wrong by even one person you lose. Also if you hit one of the townies in the POE of 4, what keeps the town on the POE instead of deciding to throw it out and maybe vote you out instead?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:40 am

Post by Gimli »

ari you have your reasons but don't you think alisae is just way more likely to be scum with andante than klick? don't you think all of what happened in this game can be easily explained by klick just being a townie with a POE that simply contained the masons and the wolves? what klick did this with d1 was awesome town play. compare that to alisae who was enabling and softpushing, and with how alisae approaches solving this gameday which is shallow reads both on klick and on aureal. I think alisae is much more likely to be the mafia for these reasons.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:41 am

Post by Alisae »

Shallow reads lmfao
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:41 am

Post by Gimli »

you looked scummy cause you were masons, I can see what klick saw I saw the same things, you had TMI on datisi
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:43 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1026, Alisae wrote: YUCXHFSJTFK.GKJF

NO IM NOT TRYING TO READ ANDANTE IM TRYING TO GET THEM TO POST SOMETHING THAT MAKES THEM READABLE HOW IS THAT SAVING
I know if you're town you're confbiased
but I think Gimli's interpretation makes plenty of sense as a potential read of the situation?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:45 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 1057, Klick wrote:

NO IM NOT TRYING TO READ ANDANTE IM TRYING TO GET THEM TO POST SOMETHING THAT MAKES THEM READABLE HOW IS THAT SAVING
but I think Gimli's interpretation makes plenty of sense as a potential read of the situation?
I think it’s reasonable to want to try to get more out of Andante. It can come from any alignment. They’re not providing much to be worked with at the time I wrote that post and it seemed like they were kind of just posting like a chicken with their heads cut off
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:45 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1031, Aristeia wrote: he was the first person to leave Andante's first three vote wagon though.
The wagon didn't feel like it was actually going anywhere and I wanted more development out of the day. I still thought Andante was scummy but wanted to try something else.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:46 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 147, Alisae wrote: Andante can you try being transparent?
Why do you like 128
Why do you dislike Klick
What is your read on Myko

Your reaction doesn’t really make any sense and I can’t really parse through it but I don’t think you’re an elim right now so why is it all suddenly doomed? If ur town shouldn’t u be able to show us that?
Like this is a lot of words for “what the fuck are you doing can you calm down and actually provide something that’s helpful”
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:46 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1058, Alisae wrote:

I think it’s reasonable to want to try to get more out of Andante. It can come from any alignment. They’re not providing much to be worked with at the time I wrote that post and it seemed like they were kind of just posting like a chicken with their heads cut off
Sure
But I don't think Gimli's read is unreasonable to the point where your rage reaction feels like a sensible response
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:47 am

Post by Alisae »

Cuz I see those votes from dats u and ari and I have no idea why this player is being wagoned or why they’re responding the way they are
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:48 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1041, Alisae wrote: I think the best way to describe Aureal’s play is it feels agendaless?
I don’t get the impression they’re informed and playing with a teammate.
I agree with this
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:48 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 1061, Klick wrote:

Sure
But I don't think Gimli's read is unreasonable to the point where your rage reaction feels like a sensible response
I disagree. I don’t see how any sane person doesn’t look at andante there and ask “what the fuck are they doing can they provide something that’s actually helpful”
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:52 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 129, Andante wrote: Aureal seems town
a read with nothing to work with.
In post 131, Andante wrote: I like 128, are you thinking Aureal not town?
They like a post but no why
In post 132, Andante wrote:
In post 113, Alianna wrote:
Votecount
VC 1-II

Aureal (3 = E-2):
, ,
Andante (3 = E-2):
, ,
mykonian (1):

Alisae (1):

Wavelength (1):

With 9 alive, it takes 5 for an execution.

Co-mod notes:

- I'm also counting by hand, let me know if there is anything wrong.
- The combined mod ISO can be found here.
Also, what the heck are these wagons? I like Aureal, and I know I'm town, so get your freaking votes off me and go elsewhere
nothing post
In post 133, Andante wrote: it almost feels like yall were trying to vote me out before I showed back up. get off me
Nothing post
In post 135, Andante wrote: i don't think you're actually trying to read me
Not helpful
In post 139, Andante wrote:
In post 136, Klick wrote:
Yeah, I'd vote there but I don't want the wagon to grow too big just yet
bruhh it's not "I'd vote there but that makes it e-1" please explain why you're currently voting me then if you have no interest in my wagon
this doesn’t do much of anything for me
In post 140, Andante wrote:
In post 137, mykonian wrote: I don't like 128.
yikes. it's ok though, we don't have to agree!! I'm not saying 128 is the sole reason to locktown aureal, I just thought it was good idk
they just like the post
In post 143, Andante wrote: why would I go back and read people voting me? fuck that. not worth my time. Thus I expect truthful information when I'm here in the moment, not to be lied to then "lol checking to see if you were reading the thread" like why would I? if I really want to dig into me being voted it's just going to annoy me, and the "haha andante e-1" from whoever?? yeah no thanks. vote me out before I care, then it can be "haha andante was town"

VOTE: Klick
What the fuck is going on??????.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:53 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1061, Klick wrote: But I don't think Gimli's read is unreasonable to the point where your rage reaction feels like a sensible response
is this scum!indicative for Alisae?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:54 am

Post by Aristeia »

like I understand you think alisae's behavior is unwarranted but is it more likely from town or mafia alignment?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:54 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1047, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1021, Gimli wrote:
In post 1019, Aristeia wrote: what trap play
here are the appropriate posts:

Spoiler: klick trapping andante
In post 129, Andante wrote: Aureal seems town
In post 130, Klick wrote:Why's that?
bruhh it's not "I'd vote there but that makes it e-1" please explain why you're currently voting me then if you have no interest in my wagon
In post 141, Klick wrote:
I actually hard townread Aureal and have talked about it in the thread
I just wanted to see what you'd say if I hard countered my thread narrative to see if you really hadn't read the thread. I think the answer is probably yes?
In post 1022, Gimli wrote: this is after klick is already hard SRing andante and wagoning her. VERY early on d1. this is very early d1.

this is the issue I have because I reread the first 6 pages of the game and your version of events is just not accurate at all and I need you to actually reread it and tell me what you see again.

Datisi starts the Andante wagon at - 1027am
Klick hops on as 2nd vote - 1038 am - "I believe you Datisi"
I sheep Datisi, 3rd vote at - 1104am

the interactions where you say Klick hardburies Andante happen ~5 hours later at 4pm - they occur after Klick votes for Andante and after she becomes a viable wagon. it's not him trapping her that leads him to vote her - he is already voting for her atp.

I don't see where the Klick/Andante interactions on page 6 can't be scum/scum theatre that they decided to do when they could both be online at the same time? If anything it feels a bit unbelievable to be unscripted on a re-read because it doesn't even feel natural?

even in he is not really saying this trap worked or its ai for andante,

by 169 he has reacted to Alisae putting Aureal at E-1 by voting for Alisae - and this is an interesting reaction for several reasons.

What it signals overtly is that he's scumreading Alisae for putting Aureal[his top townread atp] at e-1.

but does this scumread actually make sense in the context of him pushing Andante as the CW? I would say not really? If anything he's making it more likely Aureal is the wagon that goes through since he's lowering the competing wagon from 3 -> 2 by hopping off and voting Alisae at this point.

Also how does it make sense for Alisae!scum to vote Aureal who is Klick's top townread if Andante is town? Like would it not be simpler for Alisae to vote for Andante if Andante is town?

Like why can't Alisae be just sorting or humoring Mykonian?

Originally I thought this was a townie reaction because it felt like Klick was trying to save Aureal!town but knowing that Andante is mafia it feels like a convenient way to deflate the andante wagon and jump off of it.
What you have to understand is that at that point in the game I wasn't legitimately in the mindset of 'the day might end soon' at all
None of the wagons felt like they had the weight of an actual elimination on them even though the numbers themselves were high
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:55 am

Post by Alisae »

Like the idea I’m trying to save them when I post “what the fuck are you doing can u be more transparent and post actually helpful stuff” comes across as unreasonable because literally who wouldn’t act like that when they see those posts.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:56 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1053, Aristeia wrote: like the thing with a POE of 4 is - how are you sure your POE of 4 is right? because the town only gets to vote out 4 people so if it's wrong by even one person you lose. Also if you hit one of the townies in the POE of 4, what keeps the town on the POE instead of deciding to throw it out and maybe vote you out instead?
Because the people outside the PoE were towny af Ari
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:58 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1055, Alisae wrote: Shallow reads lmfao
I hard agree with what Gimli is saying atm
In contrast I think his worldview has a lot of depth to it and he believes what he's saying
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:58 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1064, Alisae wrote:
In post 1061, Klick wrote:

Sure
I disagree. I don’t see how any sane person doesn’t look at andante there and ask “what the fuck are they doing can they provide something that’s actually helpful”
I thought she was scummy!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:59 am

Post by Klick »

Anyway lunch break over
I think it's Alisae but gonna read over Aureal later
Gimli