Mini 687 - Time Abuse Mafia (Game Over in Epic Fashion)

Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Netlava »

forbiddan wrote:Yeah...actually, they are. Since usually it's just a backtrack for scummy behavior. "Hai gaiz, I lied, that was just a gambit. I TOTALLY wasn't being scummy". Maybe I'm overstating the gambitness of your play, but it was a slight gambit.
Nice generalization to explain something without addressing the actual point. Was I using a "gambit" to backtrack? No, I posted that I would sit on my suspicions in my post. Nor was I coming under any pressure to unvote you.
forbiddan wrote:Almost as silly as gloating about a scum doublevoter, ne?
No, pointing out that you are not thinking deeply seems almost arbitrary. I guess thinking deeply must be really difficult, ne?
forbiddan wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That was a funny joke. You have NOTHING! Just bullshit conjecture and silly shit that is so easily counterable and has been countered. And you've managed to out yourself as scum while doing it ^-^. Thanks for attacking me, it was helpful.
Lol there's nothing funny about my case on you.
forbiddan wrote:Yeah. Because you see...people react to changes in opinion. This really isn't scummy, nor is the point indefensable since it's a bullshit point in the first place.
The pattern here is that you are using my opinion to determine whether to find me scummy. This is pretty opportunistic e.g. scum trying to get rid of whoever finds them scummy.
forbiddan wrote:Bullshit. To the latter point, there was no need for that except to attempt to look more townie without proof. It backfired, since it came off as gloating and likely was.
I was gloating about having 2 votes. Regardless of alignment, having more votes is a reason to vote. As for "looking more townie without proof," that's not a scum-driven motivation and I must be really naive to expect people to believe me :roll:
forbiddan wrote: To the former point, you'll find a lot more scum claiming to be town than townies.
Scum claim town; townies claim town.
forbiddan wrote:Both tells stand, since you forget the part where I said personal experience.
My personal experience says otherwise.
forbiddan wrote:...are you really this stupid? Gloating is obviously scummy because only scum would really have a good reason to gloat. /quote]

For someone who acts as if the point is so obvious, you've still failed to address the actual point. Why is gloating something "only scum" would do? And the fact that you're even trying to apply absolutes to this situation really shows how much you're reaching.
forbiddan wrote:Town would be like Ok, I'm a doublevoter, let's reanalyze the situation and see who I'm going to push, and not bother with appeals to emotion about how townie I am. I'm not even sure you did the former, since you were already on me and I doubt you reassessed much.
This is not a proof of why "only scum" would gloat. In fact, most of this is irrelevant. What does reanalyzing the situation have anything to do with this?

Gloating is not an appeal to emotion. I don't appeal any emotion when I gloat. Except maybe envy.

"Appeal to emotion is a fallacy which uses the manipulation of the recipient's emotions, rather than valid logic, to win an argument."

There. Appeal to emotion isn't even that scummy - I've seen many townies appeal to emotion instead of logic when they get emotional about getting lynched. But more importantly, it's irrelevant. "Good thing I'm town" is not something I use to win any argument or win over anybody. It doesn't appeal to anything.
forbiddan wrote:Good job, you show a knowledge of mafia theory. How you miss the fact your gloating is scummy has become even MORE amazing.
Yet you've still managed to avoid showing HOW gloating is scummy.

What I'm seeing is that you're spewing out more and more crap in order to avoid the actual argument.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:58 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Nice generalization to explain something without addressing the actual point. Was I using a "gambit" to backtrack? No, I posted that I would sit on my suspicions in my post. Nor was I coming under any pressure to unvote you.
It still felt like you were reaction fishing under a false premise.

No, pointing out that you are not thinking deeply seems almost arbitrary. I guess thinking deeply must be really difficult, ne?
Or not worth the effort most of the time. This is a game, recall?

Lol there's nothing funny about my case on you.
True, hard to laugh at something that doesn't exist.

Scum claim town; townies claim town.
Yeah, but scum tries to be subtle about it. You were like I'm town, you were using the "Good thing I'm town" kinda reassurance unnecessarily.

I was gloating about having 2 votes. Regardless of alignment, having more votes is a reason to vote. As for "looking more townie without proof," that's not a scum-driven motivation and I must be really naive to expect people to believe me
...actually, it is a pretty scum driven motivation. The less you care about looking scummy, the less scummy you tend to look. Scum want to look town however, and want to both reinforce their towniness whether they use solid tells or not, and worry about looking scummy.

My personal experience says otherwise.
Well, guess we have to disagree here.

For someone who acts as if the point is so obvious, you've still failed to address the actual point. Why is gloating something "only scum" would do? And the fact that you're even trying to apply absolutes to this situation really shows how much you're reaching.
Um...because I've NEVER seen town feel any reason to gloat until postgame? You know full well why gloating is mostly scum only. And it's not an absolute, I suppose newb town could do it and be sincere, but it's a lot more uncommon.

Gloating is not an appeal to emotion. I don't appeal any emotion when I gloat. Except maybe envy.
No, the appeal to emotion was "good thing town got it". Read my words, thanks.

There. Appeal to emotion isn't even that scummy - I've seen many townies appeal to emotion instead of logic when they get emotional about getting lynched. But more importantly, it's irrelevant. "Good thing I'm town" is not something I use to win any argument or win over anybody. It doesn't appeal to anything.
Idiot, it appeals to the emotion of attempting to reinforce a view through repetition.

Yet you've still managed to avoid showing HOW gloating is scummy.
Bullshit.

What I'm seeing is that you're spewing out more and more crap in order to avoid the actual argument.
Bullshit.
Actually, more appropriately, NO U

This is not a proof of why "only scum" would gloat. In fact, most of this is irrelevant. What does reanalyzing the situation have anything to do with this?
Because then you actually are acting pro town with your power. But nope, you just continue to press this on weak grounds, and fail at it.

Ok, I'm done with this argument. Unless you bring new points, we are going to go around in a circle. We can keep going, but I'm not participating in this foolish debate anymore until you give me something new to respond to, rather than the same tired old crap.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:06 am

Post by Vi »

Posting before pr... oh jeez.
I'll be back after I take some Tylenol.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Grandfather Time
Grandfather Time
Townie
Grandfather Time
Townie
Townie

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by Grandfather Time »

VotecountNetlava --- 4 {Forbiddanlight, RossWilliam, MafiaSSK, Natirasha}
melikefood --- 2 {qwints, Vi}
RossWilliam --- 1 {Netlava}
Forbiddanlight --- 1 {Netlava}

None --- 3 {Cruciare, melikefood, pickemgenius}

MainframeTemporal Stability, nominal.
Energy Reserves, stable.
Subjects living, ten.
Quorum value, six.

Deadline arrives at midnight, if no lynch is reached by then, no lynch will happen. Be aware.
Show
Time present and time past
Are both perhaps present in time future,
And time future contained in time past.
If all time is eternally present
All time is unredeemable.

-T. S. Eliot, in the Four Quartets
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

We need two more votes on Netlava for a lynch. I realize no lynch was a viable option earlier, and still could be now. I personally think that Netlava is our best option today given his actions, and the pressing deadline. Also, in theory, if someone dies before they voted someone to lynch, does the lynch fail? I mean, like, Say, D2, scum self destructs, killing both their victims. The D1 victim voted for the D1 lynch. Does that lynch still occur?
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Also interesting. Netlava can seperate his votes.

Anyway, 50 minutes.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

And then, forbiddanlight realizes...that she was thinking of her OWN time zone. We have three hours, actually ^-^.
-StrangerCoug

RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

It looks like it's gonna be no-lynch....shame....I feel like thats always unhealthy for the town.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:04 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

It usually is til closer to lylo.
-StrangerCoug

qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:21 pm

Post by qwints »

Well, in the interests of preventing a no lynch.

unvote, vote: netlava

I agree that the gloating was kind of scummy.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:16 pm

Post by Netlava »

Alright, guess I'm safe.

Qwints, could you clarify what you didn't like about forbiddan's "me too"? It was vague.
qwints wrote:I agree that the gloating was kind of scummy.
Why?

Anyways, I don't feel like responding to forbiddan's entire post either, since it's scum fabricated nonsense, but I think this comment basically sums it up...
forbiddan wrote:Idiot, it appeals to the emotion of attempting to reinforce a view through repetition.
lol @ this post. That is all. :roll:
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:16 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

lol @ this post. That is all. Rolling Eyes
...yeah, you have a point, that was rather hypocritical. Got emotional myself. Guess we wait for thread lock.
-StrangerCoug

Grandfather Time
Grandfather Time
Townie
Grandfather Time
Townie
Townie

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:47 pm

Many votes are hurriedly cast, but at the last moment. The lights turn off. You stumble around in the darkness for a bit, and eventually go to sleep.

Night Two, deadline ~November 21st.
Show

Grandfather Time
Grandfather Time
Townie
Grandfather Time
Townie
Townie

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:17 pm

Some actions have yet to be submitted, an extension is being made until tomorrow. Take advantage.
Show

Grandfather Time
Grandfather Time
Townie
Grandfather Time
Townie
Townie

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:17 am

Day breaks in the cold laboratory. Get going Komrades.
Show

RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:37 am

Post by RossWilliam »

It's weird having day break with no actions or reveals....this game is trippy! No lynch yesterday, no new information today, what do we talk about! gah!
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

We finish what we started yesterday, though we allow most of the day to go for secret super events

Vote Netlava

Mod, when is deadline
-StrangerCoug

RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:53 am

Post by RossWilliam »

Vote: Netlava

True. Nothings changed. That night might as well not happened. I still don't like how Netlava is playing and lashing out at anyone who questions him in loud, distracting form. He has pages of it with forbiddan and has done some with me as well. And anybody having two votes makes me uncomfortable. I forgot that my vote from yesterday wasn't still in effect because that end of the day/night was so literally uneventful.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:55 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

And anybody having two votes makes me uncomfortable. I forgot that my vote from yesterday wasn't still in effect because that end of the day/night was so literally uneventful.
That's true...but as for the first part, I wouldn't distrust a normal doublevoter. What I do distrust is someone who was basically voted to touch the object for being useless, getting a double vote and still continuing to be scummy.
-StrangerCoug

Grandfather Time
Grandfather Time
Townie
Grandfather Time
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:23 am

The Rules wrote:
I.
Deadlines will be set at daybreak to last 17 days.
This for you means 9th of December.
Show

qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:44 am

Post by qwints »

vote: Netlava

Netlava, your actions unnecessarily provoked people yesterday. That's anti-town.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:01 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh, hey there qwints. While the netlava wagon is nice, could you pretty please explain what you meant earlier when you said you didn't like my "me too"ness?
-StrangerCoug

qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:46 am

Post by qwints »

forbiddanlight wrote: Mostly from me since I want to touch is and have no idea why netlava gets the privelege. But, since I agree things need to move along, vote for it :S.
forbiddanlight wrote:You all could say forget Netlava and vote me to touch ^-^.
These too posts seem whiny to me. You seemed to be complaining about not being able to touch without really trying to make sure you did touch it. That might be trying to establish something for later on.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Natirasha »

Vote: Netlava

We voted him to touch because he was scummy and he got rewarded. I say we just lynch him.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:52 am

Post by Netlava »

qwints wrote:Netlava, your actions unnecessarily provoked people yesterday. That's anti-town.
Nope, I was hoping to discuss some actual scum-hunting so I provoked people. That's pro-town. Plus anti-town =/= scummy.

Also, I'm curious why it took so long to answer the "me too" question.
Natirasha wrote:We voted him to touch because he was scummy and he got rewarded. I say we just lynch him.
Explain why I'm "scummy."
RossWilliams wrote:And anybody having two votes makes me uncomfortable.
Especially townies, right?
RossWilliams wrote:I still don't like how Netlava is playing and lashing out at anyone who questions him in loud, distracting form. He has pages of it with forbiddan and has done some with me as well.
Distracting from what? Objekt touching? And why do you think it wasn't useful?

Anyways, claim: descendant from the tsars. No powers.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”