Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:37 am

Post by Porkens »

I'm back. I'll do a re-read tonight and have my votes and questions for you all.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Seraphim »

I have it, certainly. I might as well post my full claim, here.
You are the Blinkmoth Nexus, town-aligned Serum Giver. As the living ancestral home of the Blinkmoths, who make the Blinkmoth Serum(go figure...), you have a lot of Blinkmoth Serum. This should help the town somehow.
Abilities: Each day, you may target a player. That player will be given the Blinkmoth Serum, activating their innate abilities.
Win Condition: You win when you are the last faction remaining.
I wonder what happens if I give myself serum, seeing as this seems to be my ability?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:37 am

Post by ortolan »

Illumina wrote:I'm swamped with work from all sides, but I'm here.

Some observations:

I think Timeater had a point despite the repetitive post: it doesn't make sense to vote to myco him without also wanting to lynch him. (I tend to think he's town myself) Those who myco'd him yesterday, what's your response to this?

Also, Timeater is correct: everyone begins vanilla until the serum is doled out. Therefore, how can Seraphim have this serum-giving ability...?

I think in a game where you're free to post your role PM, claims should be taken with a grain of salt. Ortolan did claim the protagonist, though, so that's probably meaningful if nobody else counterclaims. But, Ort, why did you claim?
I didn't really claim anything apart from my faction. Anyone else care to share theirs so we can work out whether to believe TE's claim (instead of just mindlessly voting for him surely this is a better plan???)
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Timeater »

Yay massclaim tiem!

Ort, dont set your sights too high in hopes of people actually using deductive logic and reasoning to work out a lynch. I just dont see it happening in this game.

About Seraphim

A: His role is bogus as fuck

B: Nat made a mistake writing the rules
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by ortolan »

What do you mean by his role is "bogus"?

And yes, I agree it is a bit inconsistent to say "all players at the start of the game are vanilla" when someone has a serum-giving ability.

However, he also said:
Abilities: <Insert abilities, in the case of a vanilla players, the role PM will say>You have no outstanding abilities at this time.
which implies that some players start the game as not vanilla.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Timeater »

Its really simple.

If Nat made a mistake, he needs to come out and say so now. Otherwise I will be inclined to believe Sera is lying about his role because it directly contradicts what the mod said about the game. You cannot twist that into something it is not.
watch for the eggshells
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Topic locked until I sort an...issue out.
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Issue resolved. Game can start again.

And before you ask, no, I will not tell you what the issue was.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Porkens »

Well, the last couple of days of this game has spun my head around. I'll give the promised re-read before Monday. Sorry for the further delay.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

I need to do a thorough read. This is confusing me.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:41 pm

Post by ortolan »

FYI I think Natirasha changed some of the stuff about the serum in the first post.

Also still waiting on faction claims
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by Illumina »

From page 1 wrote:All roles start off as vanilla until they are serumed. There may or may not be exceptions.
Based on this and ortolan's observation, I think we can safely assume that not all roles begin vanilla. (
Mod: is this correct?
)

I'm still curious why some people wanted to myco timeater but not lynch him; it doesn't make sense to me from a pro-town angle.

(I'll continue to be busy, but I will check this game and post at least every two days. Any more than that and it becomes procrastination on my part =P)
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:05 pm

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Illumina wrote:
From page 1 wrote:All roles start off as vanilla until they are serumed. There may or may not be exceptions.
Based on this and ortolan's observation, I think we can safely assume that not all roles begin vanilla. (
Mod: is this correct?
)

I'm still curious why some people wanted to myco timeater but not lynch him; it doesn't make sense to me from a pro-town angle.

(I'll continue to be busy, but I will check this game and post at least every two days. Any more than that and it becomes procrastination on my part =P)
Ha ha, like I'd answer that question.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by Timeater »

He's not going to answer because he'd be confirming Seraphim. Duh. But I think his topiclock/issue is evidence enough. He obviously was confronted with the dilema I proposed, so he consulted MeMe or whoever, or thought it over himself. He came to the conclusion that he shouldn't say anything about the subject, because if he admits the mistake it has possible game-making/breaking applications. Another thing about the vanillaness, one could argue that that line is already obviously untrue because of the existence of mafia and metalloids. But that line of thought fails because the vanilla thing was obviously implied for townies only.

Proceed with the mass claim.
watch for the eggshells
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by Porkens »

Well, here's just some basic thoughts on some people;

Ortolan;
in 661 you promise some “ideas about avenues we can go down” Where are those? 663; Rolefishing much? In 668 you say there’s no reason for town to conceal their abilities. I don’t agree at all. In 683 I partially agree with you: serum’d people should claim only if it would be better to out their ability. I don’t think we should have a blinket policy about this. However, 706 rings true for me. The only possible problem I see is that we have no idea about the specifics of CF’s power. Although, I really don’t understand why you interpret his talk about Wall-E as a metal claim.

Timeeater;
I agree with your self-vote in 662. Again in 669 I agree with you. Lynching you without discussion is not pro-town, however. 676 it’s not pro-town to ask Sera for a role-claim until he’s the likely lynch. 678 – God, why? 697 – Discussion is not anti-town. Trying to squash it by yelling “lynch me now lynch me now,” is. 703 - Please ask for a replacement, you’re no longer welcome in this game as far as I am concerned.

Tony;
In 661, Discussion about how the random serum should be handled must come first. Doing it after the fact is just muddying the waters.

Seraphim;
In 672, why are you so eager to role-claim? 699 feels like bussing to me. 708 is repeating current discussion.

CF Riot;
667 and 686 and 702 QFT (not really quoted).

MafiaSSK; 691
– You might as well claim your entire role. Or paste your PM. 701 – “Metal Fleet” sounds like a faction to me.

This game has kinda been screwed up because of the serum rules revision, honestly. Now we have to second guess the mod, bless his heart.

A massclaim sounds like a bad idea to me, personally. But, I believe Ort's claim, based on how it compares to my PM. Further, I'm happy to lynch TE. So;

Lynch: Timeater
Mycosynth: Serraphim
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:49 am

Post by CF Riot »

ortolan wrote:This is unnecessary. I will tell you now that I am flesh- you can lynch me today if you wish. Of course you may or may not choose to believe this.
It is unhelpful for the town to declare their flesh/metal status before their lynching/synthing is imminent. When a flesh town declares that they are flesh, they are giving the scum an assured night kill, rather than making them take the risk of hitting a steel. I wish you would stop doing this.
Ort wrote:Perhaps quoting our alignment from our role pms would help determine whether his accords with the majority? As quoting only this will not reveal any information about our potential abilities there are no drawbacks for the town, thus I will start:
This won't help at all. Reason:
Timeater wrote:
Welcome, Timeater.

You are Triskelion, town-aligned metal fleet.
<snip>
This was on page 2. Obviously, faction claiming is pointless. Any scum can simply copy this, and add w/e name to it they want. Not only that, but after saying we should all faction-claim, you posted yours to copy, in case they were too scared to copy TE's.
Ort's claim wrote:"You are Glissa Sunseeker, town-aligned protagonist."
You made faction claiming pointless in the same post that you asked everyone to faction claim. Not that it wasn't pointless already, what with the two dead townies we have, who's alignments were posted in thread. And again, this is role-fishing, because even though you say your card has nothing to do with your implied ability, you don't know if that's true for anyone else. I know my role name almost gives my ability away.
Ort wrote:I withdraw my previous position. I think that despite SpyreX flipping town, CF Riot is still scum.
Hohoho. This one made me laugh. Not that I didn't see it coming but man, you really have some nerve.
Ort wrote:Um, NO. Another ridiculous straw man,
This doesn't have anything to do with you being scum, but I'd like to know if you understand the definition of "straw man". You're using the term incorrectly. To straw man is to pick out one part of an argument and use it in an attempt to cast doubt on the argument as a whole. I'm not doing that. I'm destroying every point you make one by one, each with emphasis relative to how bad of a point it is, and only leaving out parts that would hurt the town for me to answer, (like asking me what my role is or what I did with it.)
I consider you claimed metal at this point.
Even though I've never claimed metal.[/quote]
I believe Timeater's claim
Why?
Thus I think you're scum.
Great case.
Ort wrote:I'm left wondering what was so amazingly useful and pro-town about your ability that you CAN'T EVEN REVEAL IT TO TOWN??? Was it a cop investigation? Was it a hiding ability? Was it a vig? Was it a protect?
Role fishing, again. Blatantly this time.
Ort wrote:I've given some thought as to what ability you might have that might have a drawback to revealing it to town at this point. I came up with...nothing. So I think you're scum.
"I don't understand something, so I'll assume you're scum." I've already given you reasons why publicly claiming your role when you don't need to is bad, so now you're just being thick.

I don't know why anyone thinks MafiaSSK has confirmed TE at all. He repeated something that's already been posted in the thread. I can do that too, I don't even need the serum. Ort's role is Glissa Sunseeker. He's confirmed town now guys aren't we doing good?
----
At Illumina: I wanted TE synthed because I don't trust him, and his role was worthless anyways since he claimed it in thread. Despite this, I think it's more likely that Ort is scum than TE, not excluding the possibility that they both are. I think it's possible Ort is doing some super-buddying with TE who he knows is a townie, which would explain constantly defending him for no reason AND at the same time being one of those to vote to synth him. You would think if he really thought TE was town, he would argue against him being synthed, but no, he has to keep his options open in case TE stops being useful at tries to turn on him.
----
At Sera: I wish you hadn't publicly claimed, although it was sort of obvious what your role was. This is why I wanted you lynched yesterday, yet you notice I hadn't said a word about you today. I don't think you should serum yourself, because it probably wouldn't do anything. Just serum townish people. I don't want it tonight though.
----
At TE: Nati is a girl. Nicol Bolas is an alt created to match the theme of this game. Aside from this, please watch your language. I disagree with a mass claim. The town would learn
nothing
and the scum could learn
everything
----
Porkens wrote:But, I believe Ort's claim, based on how it compares to my PM.
I agree with most of what you said, but not this. We had one person post his PM in thread page 2 (big mistake) and we also have 2 dead townies, whose reveal matched this format. It is incredibly easy to fake in my opinion. Protagonist actually sounds a bit fake to me, but technically could be true. Why do you want to synth Sera?
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:01 am

Post by Natirasha »

CF Riot wrote: At TE: Nati is a girl. Nicol Bolas is an alt created to match the theme of this game. Aside from this, please watch your language. I disagree with a mass claim. The town would learn
nothing
and the scum could learn
everything
I'm deciding if I should modkill you for calling me a girl.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Porkens »

Some thoughts on Flavour

1. Timeater
TE's Role PM wrote:Welcome, Timeater.

You are Triskelion, town-aligned metal fleet. You were just flying through the skies one day when you happened upon a gaping hole in the razor fields. You entered. You found a veritable war going on between some fleshies and an army of robots. Being the multi-faced person you are, you have decided to help the fleshies.
Abilities: You are metal. You cannot be killed in any way.
MafiaSSK's Report on Timeater wrote:Triskellion, Metal Flee
Triskelion- the card has no mention of "metal fleet," Maybe this is a reference from the novels? I'm still not getting a warm and/or fuzzy feeling from "Metal Fleet" as a Role instead of an alignment.

2. Seraphim
Seraphim's Role PM wrote:You are the Blinkmoth Nexus, town-aligned Serum Giver. As the living ancestral home of the Blinkmoths, who make the Blinkmoth Serum(go figure...), you have a lot of Blinkmoth Serum. This should help the town somehow.
Abilities: Each day, you may target a player. That player will be given the Blinkmoth Serum, activating their innate abilities.
Blinkmoth Nexus- maybe you could make someone metal if you got the serum? Your card has more than one ability. Maybe you do, too. I can't tell if the serum would be intended as a scum, 3rd party, or town power.

3. Spyrex
Spy's Death wrote: SpyreX:
Name: Krark-Clan Shaman
Alignment: Town
Role: Metallurgist
Metal Status: Flesh
Krark-Clan Shaman- The flavor text doesn't mention 'metallurgist,' but it does include the phrase "melting stuff." My guess is that Spy could have de-metaled someone had he gotten the Serum.

4. Wall-E
Wall-E's Death wrote: Wall-E:
Name: Auriok Champion
Alignment: Town
Role: Hero
Metal Status: Flesh
Auriok Champion - Again, "Hero" doesn't apear in the card text. This might lend some weight to TE's claim and report of "Metal Fleet."

5. Ort and Me

Ort's Role wrote: "You are Glissa Sunseeker, town-aligned protagonist."
Glissa Sunseeker- No mention of protagonist. However,
my
PM says "Now, the elf-girl Glissa is ready to face Memnarch. You will give your support to her cause." So unless Someone wants to CC Ort for Glissa, or unless Ort is a FANTASTIC liar, I'm going to go with him as on my side.

My Card- It's green (like Glissa), my "Role" (Where 'protagonist' and 'metal fleet' appear in the other role claims) is part of the card name.

6. MafiaSSK

MafiaSSK's report is confusing. At this point I think it could either be A. a cop report, or B. a role-cop report.

A) If "Metal-Fleet" is, indeed, an alignment, then MafiaSSK is a cop, and almost certainly town, while TE is scum or 3rd party.
B) If "Metal-Fleet" is a role, then MafiaSSK is a role-cop, and most likely scum, while TE is then almost certainly town.

If we lynch TE, we might get a scum or waste a townie. But; we'll know what kind of cop MSSK is, and can act acordingly.
If we put our tin-foil hats on, and lynch MSSK, we could be getting a scum or wasting a powerful townie, or, of course, SSK could be metal.

TLDR;

1. I'm inclined to believe Ort's claim. If Glissa (Ort) is a scum role, I'll be horrified.
2. I don't know what to think about Seraphim's power, but I believe his claim.
3. If TE is town, MafiaSSK is probably scum, and Visa-versa.
4. I think it's a better idea to lynch TE today, rather than MSSK, because while the information gained is the same, the risks are less.

So my lynch stays

Case for this next is forthcomming;
unmycosynth

mycosynth: Geraintm
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Porkens »

bah, sorry, I forgot we have to synth MSSK if he might need hanging tomorrow;

unmycosynth
mycosynth: MafiaSSK
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Natirasha wrote:I'm deciding if I should modkill you for calling me a girl.
First, I apologize. Second, I feel really stupid and kind of wonder why I thought that in the first place. (I usually assume male unless something leads me the other way.) Third, I apologize again.

Unvote.
*sigh* Ort don't get a big head. I still disagree with almost everything you've said this game, and I still think a lot of your ideas have been unhelpful for the town.

I guess I'll try a reread soon and look for new suspects. This will be hard since a few people have posted so little.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Porkens wrote: MafiaSSK's report is confusing. At this point I think it could either be A. a cop report, or B. a role-cop report.

A) If "Metal-Fleet" is, indeed, an alignment, then MafiaSSK is a cop, and almost certainly town, while TE is scum or 3rd party.
B) If "Metal-Fleet" is a role, then MafiaSSK is a role-cop, and most likely scum, while TE is then almost certainly town.
I don't understand... is role-cop a scum role necessarily?

Either way, I do agree TE is a better lynch...
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Porkens »

@Tony;
I, personally, have never seen a town-aligned role-cop. That doesn't mean such a role could not exist, but I don't really see the point of it.

I don't have a great feeling about MafiaSSK anyway; his posts have been extremely minimal and a little vague for someone who had a known power role.

So I'm torn, but I think it's more logical to lynch TE with the one hand and get MSSK ready for the lynch with the other.

@Lurkers;
You know, I
just
lost a game to mafia lurkers. Illumina for sure, Tony mostly, and Grem still a bit; If TE flips town, I'm basically going to call MSSK off the hook, and you three are going to start getting hounded.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Well I have never seen a role-cop period, so excuse my ignorance.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Illumina »

Porkens: I've re-read today, and I still don't understand your argument on why TE and MSSK are probably of different alignments. I'm probably missing something, and it's preventing me from making that logical connection.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

I got role-cop from the serum. I do not wish to full claim at this moment.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”