Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:58 am

Post by Herta »

If I were trying to deceive anyone why wouldn't I just lie about it. So believe me or don't I don't care at this point.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:01 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Because it would be called out as not normal since the guidelines are there for anyone to look at.

That didn't answer my questions btw. Why didn't you follow up once you got a response from the mod?
<(") | (")>
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:02 am

Post by Herta »

I mean by the time i remembered that i was going to do that i was getting shit on for saying i was going to check in the first place so i said screw i guess it doesnt matter.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:03 am

Post by Herta »

So believe me or not. I get screwed either way.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:04 am

Post by PenguinPower »

What? So you did check with the mod or didn't remember to check?
<(") | (")>
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:05 am

Post by Herta »

I just checked a half hour or so ago.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:09 am

Post by PenguinPower »

so - not until fire and I brought it back up...ok
<(") | (")>
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:09 am

Post by Herta »

Right.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:10 am

Post by Herta »

That's when i learned it would be useful after all.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:14 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2027, Herta wrote: I mean by the time i remembered that i was going to do that i was getting shit on for saying i was going to check in the first place so i said screw i guess it doesnt matter.
just want to note that you weren't "shit on" until 13 hours after you said you would ask the mod
<(") | (")>
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:14 am

Post by Herta »

Like i said i immediately forgot for some reason
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:21 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I think I'm fine betting the game today on Herta being scum.
<(") | (")>
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:22 am

Post by Firebringer »

im not.
i want to figure out which of my clears is bullshit because im very positive at least one is.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:25 am

Post by PenguinPower »

probably kow
<(") | (")>
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:17 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 2038, PenguinPower wrote: probably kow
How do you figure?
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:18 am

Post by Herta »

In post 2003, Herta wrote:
In post 1991, Kowahbunga wrote: My big hang up in just going full in here is that he was so quick to be cool with both of them but has only doubted the action with me which just feels weird. Like 1575 he goes all in calling Andante and Shirou both town very confidently. But in contrast after 1913, he hasn't given me that same benefit of the doubt.
He came to the realization that his clears may not be accurate and is reconsidering. I thought that was apparent.
In post 1991, Kowahbunga wrote: One thing that swings me to Fire town is Herta's claim post that just something feels off about them leaving out the loud part. Like I knew they were loud already because they visited me and I was told they visited because they were loud. So to leave it out makes me think the loud was the part they were used to and they got hung up trying to be sure they typed their fakeclaim correctly.
I told everyone that I was loud in my very first post. What I forgot when I claimed was the other part, the roaming thing. You didn't find that strange when I fake claimed? You didn't find it strange that instead of claiming loud roaming motion detector I claimed just motion detector? I mean I guess I left off both modifiers. Probably because the role is motion detector and I didn't think about the modifiers. I must be going crazy. Like why are you hung up on the loud part? I softed loud, geraintm heard me visit, you heard me visit.
While you're here.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:23 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2039, Kowahbunga wrote:
How do you figure?
if we're assuming that one of the clears is fake you had the easiest time faking it
<(") | (")>
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:34 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 2041, PenguinPower wrote:
How do you figure?
if we're assuming that one of the clears is fake you had the easiest time faking it
This logic can't come from a town POV. There was a plan agreed on prior to that night phase even happening. I was following the directions presented and agreed on. I also don't see why I would lie about getting something there. From a scum!kowah POV if I'm scum and Fire is town, and I say I got something when I wouldn't have, then I'm caught. My best play would have been to tell the truth, even as scum, in hopes that Fire visited someone else who also just claimed they didn't get anything.

Faking getting something could have potentially outed two scum. Fire says "I didn't visit you, I visited this other person who said they didn't get anything" two scum dead. Me saying I didn't get something at best kills one scum from that night action. This makes no sense for scum!kowahbunga to lie.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:39 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2042, Kowahbunga wrote:
How do you figure?
This logic can't come from a town POV. There was a plan agreed on prior to that night phase even happening. I was following the directions presented and agreed on. I also don't see why I would lie about getting something there. From a scum!kowah POV if I'm scum and Fire is town, and I say I got something when I wouldn't have, then I'm caught. My best play would have been to tell the truth, even as scum, in hopes that Fire visited someone else who also just claimed they didn't get anything.

Faking getting something could have potentially outed two scum. Fire says "I didn't visit you, I visited this other person who said they didn't get anything" two scum dead. Me saying I didn't get something at best kills one scum from that night action. This makes no sense for scum!kowahbunga to lie.
Well - that assumes that the pool of targets were all scum. You saying "No" is a instayeet whereas you gambiting on "Yes" is not an instayeet in a situation where scum can pick up the win today.

Of course, all of this requires FB to be town and/or for one of his clears to be wrong which is not a position I want to argue atm.
<(") | (")>
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:41 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 2040, Herta wrote:
In post 2003, Herta wrote:
In post 1991, Kowahbunga wrote: My big hang up in just going full in here is that he was so quick to be cool with both of them but has only doubted the action with me which just feels weird. Like 1575 he goes all in calling Andante and Shirou both town very confidently. But in contrast after 1913, he hasn't given me that same benefit of the doubt.
He came to the realization that his clears may not be accurate and is reconsidering. I thought that was apparent.
In post 1991, Kowahbunga wrote: One thing that swings me to Fire town is Herta's claim post that just something feels off about them leaving out the loud part. Like I knew they were loud already because they visited me and I was told they visited because they were loud. So to leave it out makes me think the loud was the part they were used to and they got hung up trying to be sure they typed their fakeclaim correctly.
I told everyone that I was loud in my very first post. What I forgot when I claimed was the other part, the roaming thing. You didn't find that strange when I fake claimed? You didn't find it strange that instead of claiming loud roaming motion detector I claimed just motion detector? I mean I guess I left off both modifiers. Probably because the role is motion detector and I didn't think about the modifiers. I must be going crazy. Like why are you hung up on the loud part? I softed loud, geraintm heard me visit, you heard me visit.
While you're here.
My original suspicion was just about the loud bit because I knew at the time you were loud because of what I got. I wasn't calling out the roaming bit because I didn't even notice that bit of conversation. The part that sticks out is your claim missing the part that I knew about your role. I'm sorry that sticks out to me, it just does. To be honest, I'm apologizing for something that is your fault and not mine. I'm supposed to be here over analyzing dumb minuscule stuff to help me make a decision.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:08 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 2043, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2042, Kowahbunga wrote:
How do you figure?

Well - that assumes that the pool of targets were all scum. You saying "No" is a instayeet whereas you gambiting on "Yes" is not an instayeet in a situation where scum can pick up the win today.

Of course, all of this requires FB to be town and/or for one of his clears to be wrong which is not a position I want to argue atm.
scum!kowahbunga would have known how many scum were in the three he was randoming (new word) from. So if I'm scum and it was just me out of those three that are scum, and they both claimed not visited, then yeah I could see a world where maybe choosing to fakeclaim a yes happens if I wasn't thinking about the situation. But scum!kowahbunga would have to be trusting that town!fire actually visited from the pool he was supposed to. It would still be safest for scum to just say they didn't get anything in that instance because the truth would only catch one scum where a lie would potentially catch two if town!fire visited someone outside of that pool. The fact I went last after everyone else saying they didn't get anything and saying I do isn't the gambit I think you all think it is. Assuming there are three scum left, and assuming town!fire doesn't hit the nk with his action, he would have had a 50% chance of visiting scum. If everyone says "no" i didn't get anything" that's only one FOR SURE caught scum. If one person says they did get something, and that person isn't who Fire visited, then town!fire has caught 2 scum. Scum lying about getting the loud action is riskier than telling the truth.

I'm trying to tell you that scum!kowahbunga would know to think like this. The only way I'm scum is if I said no to his visit. I don't like to lie as either faction. I do my best to avoid it at all costs as scum. That's how scum lose games. In their lies. Not only that but I would have done the math and collateral damage control numbers in my head to know exactly what I'm explaining to you now.

If any of fire's results are shady it's the result on Shirou who he practically walked to an answer. Shirou posted 4 times before mentioning it and actually had to be prodded. I don't understand how if you're able to look at my situation of being last one asked if I got anything and saying yes is any different or any less scummy that Shirou not bringing it up with their first 4 posts and only after Fire asked them twice to confirm something happened.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:11 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2045, Kowahbunga wrote: If any of fire's results are shady it's the result on Shirou who he practically walked to an answer.
This requires Fire/Shirou both being scum or Fire being scum and so wasn't applicable to the scenario that was being discussed.
<(") | (")>
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Freedom »

In post 2046, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2045, Kowahbunga wrote: If any of fire's results are shady it's the result on Shirou who he practically walked to an answer.
This requires Fire/Shirou both being scum or Fire being scum and so wasn't applicable to the scenario that was being discussed.
Agreed.
If anything, I think Shirou is the only clear that I trust.
The other clears were so much easier to fake.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:24 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 2046, PenguinPower wrote:
But why would scum!fire have to walk scum!shirou to answer a question they likely already would have talked about? The situation doesn't feel fake to me. It feels like Fire trying to get something then getting impatient and wanting a definitive answer.

It would take crazy hard core planning ahead of time and a script to make that scenario be scum and scum. Maybe those two are capable of it. The only awkward part of the interaction to me is still how Fire was cool with Shirou's final answer but even then it wasn't like a definitive "oh good shirou 101% town now".

But damn now that I think more about it, if I was in Fire's chair, and saw that final answer Shirou gave I wouldn't have been satisfied as town!kowahbunga unless I was scum!kowahbunga. The final answer literally says "I didn't get anything" which from my current POV is false, because I got something. I got a message from the mod that says I was targeted by Fire's loud action. So the wording Shirou used in:
In post 1054, Lazy Shirou wrote: I didn't get anything I just felt your embrace in that cold green flip night

It was warm, like a firepup
Is not how I would have answered the question.

p.edit
@ - this made me read back because the way I remembered it was that andante came right out and said they had a visitor, but there's actually a hint from Fire that he went there in his first post which would have tipped Andante off if they're scum. How do you find Shirou's to be the most likely to be true though? I really can't see how theirs was sketchier than mine. That whole interaction was just weird af.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:28 pm

Post by Enchant »

Meow
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”