Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

-arrives in a massive explosion-

Hi all!

My thoughts after reading the game while waiting to replace in:

1. STD is probably town. He's made quite a bit of sense throughout the D1. I disagree with the attempted wagon against him. It was unfounded. He was correct in pointing that out.

2. BM is probably town. His play, while I disagree with it for ethical reasons (you should never try to beat the mod) seemed much more likely town play than scum play, since he was talking about game breaking for town, and was correct about the possible effects.

3. oEJo is quite obviously scum. He claimed town Neighbor with no other powers and then survived a lynch. That means he is either a lying townie or lying scum. I am betting on the lying scum.

4. Ribwich is likely oEJo's buddy, for these reasons:
-Upon realizing that oEJo has pretty much outed himself, he suggests not lynching him so that the other faction will do it at Night. Seems like he's just trying to put the lynch off.
-When the first attempt fails, he moves to get the lynch type changed to rope for a really weak reason.
-He then moves back to gun soon before the lynch actually happens. Possibly to try to make himself not as culpable when his buddy doesn't die.

5. armlx is likely town. Nothing but good contribution from him all game.

6. CarnCarn I saw as likely town early on, but my read has shifted to a more neutral position since then due to a bit of flip-flopping late in the day. Not enough for suspicion, but enough that I don't read overly townie any more.

7. SocioPath is likely scum. Of which faction I do not know, but lurking, tossing around suspicion without explaining it, even when it is called for, is definitely a scumtell in my book.

I don't have any decent reads other than those, except that Empking's playstyle is annoying, because I hate lurkers.

That said, you will
not
see me lurking or flaking like my predecessors. If you don't believe me, ask STD, he'll confirm that I am quite active (he was one of the ICs in my first game, and knows my style).

vote: oEJo
vote: gun
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by armlx »

So, Kairyuu, does that make HP scum for symmetry reasons then?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

bah go town

/dies
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by ribwich »

armlx wrote:Post 120: REACH by BM. Not sure if its atypical of him, but notable. Also the Santos reach. I wouldn’t mind a BM wagon.
I can't say anything about it, but this isn't atypical.
Kairyuu wrote:He then moves back to gun soon before the lynch actually happens. Possibly to try to make himself not as culpable when his buddy doesn't die.
This isn't true at all. You must have gotten something mixed up. As for your other points, I honestly thought that scum would have been more willing to attack each other at night rather than town, and I felt a weak reason for a vote was better than no reason.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by Santos »

There are a lot of good points made about the scummy style of posting by those few individuals, but I still question Save the Dragons' allegiance for leading the lynch party earlier as 'he was annoyed that you
was not dead, yet'.

And stemming from yesterday:

Vote: Gun
Vote: oEJo

Based on the odds that he is more likely to be scum than town.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:54 pm

Post by Santos »

fix.
'[he]I'm annoyed that you are not dead, yet'.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:32 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: OEJO

I expect this will be a boring day..
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:59 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

vote: oEJo
vote: gun

I still don't get why noone finds BM suspicious =/
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:30 am

Post by armlx »

I still don't get why noone finds BM suspicious =/
Why should they?
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:01 am

Post by SocioPath »

Empking wrote:I expect this will be a boring day..
armlx wrote:oEJo is obviously the lynch today, but there's no reason to just rush to it without letting everyone make a comment or 2 about stuff.
Like for example, how STD is scum, and Santos MK II is his scum buddy.

All of day 1, STD his play was pretty good townie play...right up until it was revealed he was a neighbor. From that point, it was less of an uninformed majority viewpoint from him, to a more of knowing what was going on.

The blatentness of trying to look as uniformed as he did, while every other neighbor didn't even try to feign ignorance, rubs me the wrong way.

Most likely scum trying to appear as uninformed as possible, but not knowing where to draw the line.

His guity conscience only became more apparent with his reaction to me saying his name.

Vote: Save The Dragons
Vote: Rope

For Santos MKII, rereplacing into the game, call it a hunch.

Vote: Santos MK II
Vote: Rope

But for the sake of today for lynching obvious scum:

Vote: oEJo

As far as parter, I have few ideas, the only one that stands out though is Empking with his anxiousness to lynch both days, brief typing style when otherwise not lurking, and general elusiveness.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:03 am

Post by armlx »

As far as parter, I have few ideas, the only one that stands out though is Empking with his anxiousness to lynch both days, brief typing style when otherwise not lurking, and general elusiveness.
I now forward the same question I asked of STD to you as well: Have you played with Empking before?
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@armlx:
So, Kairyuu, does that make HP scum for symmetry reasons then?
I see him as neutral right now. I haven't seen concrete proof that your symmetry idea applies to this game, and I have not done much analysis of how certain roles balance each other out, so I'm loathe to base accusations on that. If it does apply though (would you mind explaining exactly how the symmetry makes the game balanced, or point to where you did already), then i would say that either him or CarnCarn are scum. Not sure which, but it would probably be hp if you take CarnCarn's early play into account.

@ribwich:
This isn't true at all. You must have gotten something mixed up.
Liar. What is this then:
ribwich wrote:
Vote: OeJo
Lying when you can be quoted in your lie is hardly in your best interest.
As for your other points, I honestly thought that scum would have been more willing to attack each other at night rather than town, and I felt a weak reason for a vote was better than no reason.
I suppose I can accept that.

I tend to assume that other players will understand the general 'best case scenerio' for the scum, which, having been scum in a mini and having this happen, is to get the town to knock off other anti-town factions instead of having to do it yourself. In my case we got the SK to get lynched D2 after a townie mislynch D1, which put the town straight into LyLo D3, because we were free to kill the doc N2 instead of worrying about crosskills. In this game, it is the best case scenerio for each mafia faction to focus only on townies during the Night and focus on finding the other faction during the Day, so that the most damage is done to both of the opposing factions as quickly as possible, speeding them to a position where they are damn near unstoppable.

The fact that you are reasonably new means that it is somewhat likely that you didn't consider this game mechanic before, because you probably haven't been in a game including more than one scumgroup before. I apologize, because in this case the numbers say that you are probably telling the truth (no, I'm not a schizo listening to numbers speak, I analyze them).

@Sociopath: Mind backing up your conjecture? I'll let STD tear down your argument himself, but I'll just point out now that it is full of massive holes.

Now that I actually see your reasoning, and go over your posts, I am even more convinced that you are scum. It makes no sense. Nothing you have contributed to this game has been more than setup speculation, which has nothing to do with your alignment, and a few baseless accusations. I would put you quite firmly on the scum side of my list. 65% approximately.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

SocioPath wrote:
Empking wrote:I expect this will be a boring day..
armlx wrote:oEJo is obviously the lynch today, but there's no reason to just rush to it without letting everyone make a comment or 2 about stuff.
Like for example, how STD is scum, and Santos MK II is his scum buddy.

All of day 1, STD his play was pretty good townie play...right up until it was revealed he was a neighbor. From that point, it was less of an uninformed majority viewpoint from him, to a more of knowing what was going on.

The blatentness of trying to look as uniformed as he did, while every other neighbor didn't even try to feign ignorance, rubs me the wrong way.

Most likely scum trying to appear as uninformed as possible, but not knowing where to draw the line.

His guity conscience only became more apparent with his reaction to me saying his name.
Do you think STD is buddies with oEJo or on the opposing mafia?
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by ribwich »

Kairyuu wrote:Liar. What is this then:
ribwich wrote:
Vote: OeJo
It's a vote I made at the start of Day 2 because the first attempt to lynch him failed.
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

Oh, and

I'll put my vote on oEJo after we've had more discussion.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@ribwich: . . . :oops:

That's what I get for viewing players in isolation. Sorry 'bout that. That changes alot actually. My opinion of you has gone from scum to neutral, as I was working with flawed data.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by armlx »

Moses makes a good point.

Vote Gun
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

Kairyuu wrote:@ribwich: . . . :oops:

That's what I get for viewing players in isolation. Sorry 'bout that. That changes alot actually. My opinion of you has gone from scum to neutral, as I was working with flawed data.
Yeah, you should really try to read in context. May change your opinion on some people.

Will make a more substantive post later, just checking in for now.

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@CarnCarn:
Yeah, you should really try to read in context. May change your opinion on some people.
I think I figured that out. When I read through the first time I remembered something odd about his vote pattern, so I viewed in isolation to find it. I saw that and figured I found the thing I was remembering. I guess I was wrong. So sue me.
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:27 pm

Post by ribwich »

*sues Kairyuu*

:P It's fine. I was pretty sure that was exactly what happened.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Hello? It's been almost 24 hours (17 actually) since anyone posted, and we have yet to hear from 5 of the 14 players, and some of the people who
have
posted have done little more than vote. People need to pick it up.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by oEJo »

Hi. I really should have claimed this yesterday, sorry...
I'm undaykillable. I can't be lynched by the standard rope or gun methods.
I know I lied, but I'm prepared to prove my role today, so lynch away.
Just call me EJ.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

WHAT!?!?!?

First of all, that makes absolutely no sense. I have never even
heard
of someone immune to all lynches (one-shot very rarely, but never full). -Looks at backup mod- Damnit. You may not be lying.

Second of all, if you are town, you are probably the most anti-town townie I have ever seen. If you have this role, you claim it BEFORE the lynch D1, because if you are town then you should want nothing more than to help the town win. Getting yourself put on the chopping block just because you know you can't die is essentially a free night for the scum. What the
hell
were you thinking?

I don't want to waste a second day proving you're claim true, but I also don't want to let you live as scum. I'll let your response to the above points determine my position.
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by ribwich »

I call BS. The mod did imply that a role like that could exist, but oEJo would have said something before we tried to lynch him the first time.
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:54 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

oEJo wrote:
ribwich wrote:
Unvote: oEJo

There's a possibility that I think a lot of people if not everybody has overlooked. I want to make sure about this before commiting to a lynch.

oEJo, other than the fact that your name would be switched with his, did you have the exact same role PM as Santos?
Yes, I don't have a night action.
Y'know, this would have been a good time to mention that you were unlynchable.
oEJo wrote:
Moses le fou wrote:I think the cop has to investigate somebody and specify whether he wants to see if the target is Corsican or Sicilian. So, the cop could investigate oEJo to see if he's Sicilian and the result could come back negative, but that doesn't dismiss him from being Corsican.
I'm being lynched today.

Anyway, IMO, stop directing the cop, he'll investigate the right person i'm sure
And this would have been a good time to say that you WEREN'T being lynched.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”