Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:55 am

Post by Marashu »

Official Vote Count 3.02
Elimination
Save The Dragons
(2): Gimli, furtiveglance

Not Voting
(6): Wednesday Addams, Save The Dragons, Maki Harukawa, Kokichi Oma, Kyoko Kirigiri, PenguinPower

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-02-09 21:37:25).

Mod notes:
  • With 8 players alive,5 votes are required for elimination.
Last edited by Marashu on Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wednesday Addams
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:55 am

Post by Wednesday Addams »

In post 1219, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote:
In post 1216, Wednesday Addams wrote:
In post 1207, Gimli wrote: both pp and furtive agree with the thread consensus of themselves + STD

STD has been the only player afaict who tried to widen that POE

+ still fakesolving as kyoko just pointed out

VOTE: STD
Disagree because I had a similar take just didn’t get around to posting it, so I don’t understand what Kyoko’s referring to.

Is it possible you could be possibly scumread STD’s playstyle because I really don’t understand why he’s scum? Also how is he “fake solving” do you think?

I guess Kyoko’s take on that makes 0 sense to me?
In post 1166, Save The Dragons wrote: but i wanna look at a certain a little closer

Wednesday - my read is town. Bianco's read is 0.5 scum. conclusion -> trying to mislim.
STD - my role is town. Bianco's read is 0.75 scum. conclusion -> trying to mislim.
Penguin - my read is now ???. Bianco's 0.25 town. conclusion -> trying to hide potential partner.
furtive - my read is potential scum. Bianco forgot to tally. conclusion -> maybe bianco would tally their partner.
Gimli - my read is probably town????? Bianco has them at .75 scum. Conclusion -> maybe trying to mislim.
kokichi -> my read is town. Bianco's read is 1.25 town. Conclusion -> bianco's was pretending to tr kokichi correctly.
shuichi -> was town. Bianco's read is 1+ town. Conclusion -> Bianco's was pretending to tr shuichi correctly.
kyoko .-> i'm conflicted. Bianco's read is 1.5+ town. Conclusion -> bianco was probably pretending to tr kyoko correctly.
fuyuhiko -> was town. Bianco's read is 0.5 town. Conclusion -> bianco was pretending to tr fuyuhiko correctly.
others
kaito and NM are dead. if i looked at this post i probably wouldn't have assumed bianco put both partners in the others category. oops.
for example:
"kokichi -> my read is town. Bianco's read is 1.25 town. Conclusion -> bianco's was pretending to tr kokichi correctly."

It has 3 parts

"my read is town"
"bianco said he is 1.25 town"
conclusion: "bianco's was pretending to tr kokichi correctly"

all those reads are basically his own reads. he didn't get a take from biancos reads. he just tried to justify biancos read list shape with his own reads.

which as I said is a flawed progression if the attempt is real
Assuming it’s real, how is it flawed?

I keep rereading this and still don’t see anything wrong with this. I think his analysis may or may not be correct buy I can see the logic behind it and if I can understand the thought progression, I generally don’t view it as “fakesolving”.

I also don’t really see this as “widening the poe” either, so can someone explain that to me?

I’m not rushing this vote regardless but STD isn’t currently who I’d probably be voting right now if I was.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:00 am

Post by Gimli »

he is throwing rocks at the towncore. nobody else did this. who questioned kyoko after d1? did any of us do that? I don't remember. nor do people really question kokichi, but STD argued for that at daystart. this isn't a game where the last wolf is just gonna sit and wait for chop. he was questioning kyoko to see if it gets tracked. I have seen towns get extremely paranoid of someone who was playing just too well to be a townie. a wolf with good enough thread control can turn a game like this around. I don't see furtive doing anything but sheeping as of late which is fine, all of us are kinda doing that, so I don't think it's him. penguin is just antagonistic, which is my pet scumread and will always be because I'd be pissed at this rand if I was him. but who's playing like motivated scum is STD.
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:00 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

if you dont infer anything from what bianco did, then what was the point of even mentioning what he did. he basically gave us his own read list and then translated biancos read list based on it

scum hunting would be using biancos read list to infer something and making his own readlist.

that's completely vice versa
Wednesday Addams
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:01 am

In post 1222, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1215, Wednesday Addams wrote:
In post 1214, Wednesday Addams wrote:
In post 1212, furtiveglance wrote: pre-flipping means looking at the game treating a player as town
But why when he wasn’t remotely in any danger? Besides. I can understand someone making that comment about themselves or if you have an inno on someone like Kuzo did Maki but it just seems odd to me, your extreme confidence at that point that Gimli would flip town.
Clarify: depends on the reasoning I guess but I generally don’t say to another player when someone else is being voted * who’s not me, who’s not in danger that I don’t have an inno on, that they’re going to look bad when other slot flips.

I would be far more likely to assert my confidence in my townread of them and tell the other player that maybe it’s a bad vote at the most but not that they will look bad on their flip.
I wasn't warning you, I was explaining my early scumread of you. I think we're going round in circles a bit
This isn’t about your read on me though, it’s the part about how I’d look bad if Gimli flipped. I keep asking you why you’d say that about a player who was in absolutely no danger at the time of being run up. That’s the part that’s bothering me. And while I strongly townread Gimli NOW, I don’t believe he was anywhere obvious town at the time you said this.
Wednesday Addams
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:02 am

In post 1227, Gimli wrote: he is throwing rocks at the towncore. nobody else did this. who questioned kyoko after d1? did any of us do that? I don't remember. nor do people really question kokichi, but STD argued for that at daystart. this isn't a game where the last wolf is just gonna sit and wait for chop. he was questioning kyoko to see if it gets tracked. I have seen towns get extremely paranoid of someone who was playing just too well to be a townie. a wolf with good enough thread control can turn a game like this around. I don't see furtive doing anything but sheeping as of late which is fine, all of us are kinda doing that, so I don't think it's him. penguin is just antagonistic, which is my pet scumread and will always be because I'd be pissed at this rand if I was him. but who's playing like motivated scum is STD.
Well I’m going to wait for STD to respond to all of that because I’m not currently seeing it.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:03 am

Post by furtiveglance »

You're obsessing over the language I used, and interpreting me saying
I was conditionally viewing the game in a certain way
as me saying
I thought Gimli was going to get flipped soon
, which I wasn't.
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:04 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

like let me explain this simpler

I think STD didn't infer anything from biancos read list. Him mentioning the read list was complete busy work. He gave us his own reads though there and then just added biancos read next to it for no reason.

Now I didnt say it was neccessirly a scum doing it. I'm just saying its not how you scum hunt cause its not.

you infer something from what happened and make reads. you don't make reads and try to justify other actions if those reads are true. if its a real scum hunting attempt its flawed.

making more sense?
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:05 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

I dont know how else can I rephrase it so I hope that makes sense
Wednesday Addams
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:06 am

In post 1166, Save The Dragons wrote: but i wanna look at a certain a little closer

Wednesday - my read is town. Bianco's read is 0.5 scum. conclusion -> trying to mislim.
STD - my role is town. Bianco's read is 0.75 scum. conclusion -> trying to mislim.
Penguin - my read is now ???. Bianco's 0.25 town. conclusion -> trying to hide potential partner.
furtive - my read is potential scum. Bianco forgot to tally. conclusion -> maybe bianco would tally their partner.
Gimli - my read is probably town????? Bianco has them at .75 scum. Conclusion -> maybe trying to mislim.
kokichi -> my read is town. Bianco's read is 1.25 town. Conclusion -> bianco's was pretending to tr kokichi correctly.
shuichi -> was town. Bianco's read is 1+ town. Conclusion -> Bianco's was pretending to tr shuichi correctly.
kyoko .-> i'm conflicted. Bianco's read is 1.5+ town. Conclusion -> bianco was probably pretending to tr kyoko correctly.
fuyuhiko -> was town. Bianco's read is 0.5 town. Conclusion -> bianco was pretending to tr fuyuhiko correctly.
others
kaito and NM are dead. if i looked at this post i probably wouldn't have assumed bianco put both partners in the others category. oops.
I don’t see it because I think this take makes sense to me. It may or may not be accurate but I vibe with the underlying logic. I could easily see myself making this post if I was willing to put in the effort. \_0_/
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:07 am

Post by Gimli »

but bianco gave STD a -0.75? wow
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:08 am

Post by Gimli »

VOTE: penguin
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:08 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

yeah whatever really.

Whats your PoE looking like? who you think is last scum?
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:08 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

thats @maki
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:08 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

@wednsday I mean
Wednesday Addams
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:10 am

In post 1232, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: like let me explain this simpler

I think STD didn't infer anything from biancos read list. Him mentioning the read list was complete busy work. He gave us his own reads though there and then just added biancos read next to it for no reason.

Now I didnt say it was neccessirly a scum doing it. I'm just saying its not how you scum hunt cause its not.

you infer something from what happened and make reads. you don't make reads and try to justify other actions if those reads are true. if its a real scum hunting attempt its flawed.

making more sense?
It’s possible but I think his analysis did make sense to me but he could obviously be reading into things and making wrong assumptions. But I’m not going to comment anymore on it until STD further clarifies it.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:11 am

Post by Gimli »

I decided that I like STD's work after reading it closely
Wednesday Addams
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:11 am

In post 1235, Gimli wrote: but bianco gave STD a -0.75? wow
Same as you I think. right?

And bianco looked like he thought he was in a pretty decent spot at the time so no rule of 3 or anything with that.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:12 am

Post by Gimli »

because of this

'furtive - my read is potential scum. Bianco forgot to tally. conclusion -> maybe bianco would tally their partner.'

and that shortens the scumpool and also, I think that's a townhunting comment
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:12 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1242, Wednesday Addams wrote:
In post 1235, Gimli wrote: but bianco gave STD a -0.75? wow
Same as you I think. right?

And bianco looked like he thought he was in a pretty decent spot at the time so no rule of 3 or anything with that.
yup

I think that's softspewing STD down but blergh
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:12 am

Post by Gimli »

*town
Wednesday Addams
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Wednesday Addams
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:17 am

In post 1237, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: yeah whatever really.

Whats your PoE looking like? who you think is last scum?
I’m not super confident which is why I’m not voting but I think furtive or Penguin but rn lean furtive over Penguin because Penguin voted bianco early before he was in any danger but that’s weak but generally scum will bus when they think their buddy’s in possible danger.

Do me a favor please and reread Suichi’s interactions with furtive about bianco readslist and tell me what you think.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:48 am

Post by PenguinPower »

prodging for the rest of the game
<(") | (")>
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:04 am

Post by furtiveglance »

VOTE: Penguin
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:11 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

hi kyoko

i took bianco's read, synergized it with mine, and stated what i thought was the most likely outcome. it's pretty straight forward and it's not flawed to think "why would bianco put someone in their list at a certain point." it's like scumhunting 101 to be like "well they had to put their partner somewhere, where did they put them?" on a readslist.

that's pretty much it if you don't get it then i'm not sure why you don't get it

Return to “Completed Open Games”