Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Porkens has alerted me of V/LA
Vote Count 2.1 wrote:Vote Count
ortolan(1): CF Riot
Not Voting: ortolan, timeater, MafiaSSK, Porkens, Gremwell, Seraphim, TonyMontana, geraintm, Illumina

Serum Count
CF Riot(1): ortolan
Not Seruming: timeater, CF Riot, MafiaSSK, Porkens, Gremwell, Seraphim, TonyMontana, geraintm, Illumina

Mycosynth Count
Not Synthing: ortolan, timeater, CF Riot, MafiaSSK, Porkens, Gremwell, Seraphim, TonyMontana, geraintm, Illumina

To establish majority: Six
Deadline: Monday, December 1st
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Seraphim:Triskellion, Metal Fleet
Timeater wrote:
@Gremwell, Illumina, MafiaSSK, Geraintm

SpyreX(7): Timeater, TonyMontana, SpyreX(DEADTOWN), CF Riot, Porkens, Seraphim, ortolan
ortolan(1): Gremwell
Not Voting: MafiaSSK, geraintm, Porkens, Wall-E

Mycosynth Count
Wall-E(3): Illumina, Gremwell, timeater
Timeater(7): SpyreX(DEADTOWN), Porkens, CF Riot, Wall-E(DEADTOWN), TonyMontana, Seraphim, ortolan
This leaves us with Porkens, CF Riot, TonyMontana, Seraphim, and Ortolan who share a common voting bloc with lynching a townie and stripping a metal-townie of his status. I personally think Ortolan has been playing very pro-town so I do not factor him in. That brings me to my magic list.

Porkens, CF Riot, TonyMontana, and Seraphim

Town, start myco'ing and lynching people from that list and you
WILL
win the game. Its
VERY
simple. Some of them have already been reluctant to vote for me. Warning sirens should be going off in your head. You have been way too quiet. Now is the time for action.
Plan sounds great.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by CF Riot »

MafiaSSK wrote:However, I do suppose ti could confirm someone. Timeater, claim now.
This is why we shouldn't have random serumed. We gave the serum to someone who used his power to find out the role of someone who quoted their role PM in the thread. Complete waste.
Timeater wrote:
SpyreX(7):
Timeater
, TonyMontana, SpyreX(DEADTOWN), CF Riot, Porkens, Seraphim, ortolan
ortolan(1): Gremwell
Not Voting: MafiaSSK, geraintm, Porkens, Wall-E

Mycosynth Count
Wall-E(3): Illumina, Gremwell, timeater
Timeater(7): SpyreX(DEADTOWN), Porkens, CF Riot, Wall-E(DEADTOWN), TonyMontana, Seraphim, ortolan
This leaves us with Porkens, CF Riot, TonyMontana, Seraphim, and Ortolan who share a common voting bloc with
lynching a townie
and stripping a metal-townie of his status.
I personally think Ortolan has been playing very pro-town
so I do not factor him in. That brings me to my magic list.
Are you serious? Lynching a townie? YOU said to lynch SpyreX. You were the one calling him scum. Pork and I said he'd flip town for about 5 pages. We only voted him to stop a no-lynch brought on by this super lurky town. So you're coming out today using that as evidence? By the way, up there in bold, who's that voting SpyreX right along with me? That's what I thought. And Ort is magically not on the list, because he's been sooo townish. I swear, I can hardly play this game with you.

Please note MafiaSSK supporting TE's plan, yet not voting with it.
Synth: MafiaSSK
Diomedes
Diomedes
Townie
Diomedes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by Diomedes »

CF Riot, Seraphim - Notice my post was not directed towards you. (but you bothered responding anyway as if it was)

Notice I am only pointing out the people who voted for SpyreX and mycsosynthed me and grouping them together.

I could really give a flying fuck what happens at this point. Considering the stupidity of SpyreX and the town's complete lack of participation makes things pretty boring. Not to mention Nat has gone out of his way to make the game as scum-biased as possible.

A FEW THINGS:

WHY ON PAGE 1 DOES IT SAY CF RIOT RECEIVED THE SERUM.

WHAT -EXACTLY- DID YOU LAST NIGHT, MAFIASSK?
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:03 pm

Post by Timeater »

lolllllllllllllllllllllll
watch for the eggshells
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:18 pm

Post by geraintm »

SpyreX wrote:
Geraintm: </3. He has been scattered. Honestly, he hasn't contributed much. I find the worry on the one vote he got a mild scum-tell.
Neutral-Scum. Lurker.
firstly, have to respong to this
i am not lurking
i don't post at the weekends, but i am in the UK and can't join in with your post fests every night. i am not far off at least one post every weekday. that is not lurking.

and am now going to go through everyon'es post and reply as i see things
timeeater
didn't like this. self voting, going for random seruming when we surely have better info that that as we have two people serumed...
if you were town, i can't see how you think voting for yourself would be helpful...

re:seruming
do the two who got it think the benefits are worth the risk of it going to scum?? no need to answer what your roles are with that Q.

timeater, post 697, i don't get what you are doing putting people in blocks, is this a good thing or a bad thing for you to be in red??

couple of posts about timeeater's plan. summary, as i find timeaer weird and not 100% protownish in my eyes (voting for himself and then producing helpful lists) i am not in favour right now of what he has said

feel night one has been a waste, all that serum and so far nothign to show for it. i feel all i can see are people being very unhelpful
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:47 am

Post by ortolan »

CF Riot wrote:
ortolan wrote:The only way they are going to get the serum again is by roleclaiming and demonstrating that the drawback of them getting the serum again (i.e. them dying unless they get it every turn from then on) is outweighed by the power of their ability.
Wrong again. Did you want to give me the serum yesterday? Did I get it? There are ways around your little rules, so stop acting like your opinion is the law of the land.

If I say, "Hey guys, my roles is the greatest ever, if I get serum'd again we win," scum kills me tonight no questions asked. If I say nothing, they have to make a choice. If they kill me, I may not even be serumed, leaving the person who is serumed that night wide open. If they kill someone else, I may get the serum again through the mystical ways I did last night and break the game with my powers. I'd prefer scum not knowing what will happen next, thank you.
Ort wrote:obviously no-one's going to give you the serum without you specifically requesting and justifying it,
Last night. ;] Not everyone thinks like you pal.
This is a ridiculous straw man of my argument. What I said has nothing to do with me trying to impose "rules" either, it is simply common sense. I will reiterate. *AS* you have already received the serum once, if you receive it again, you will need to continue to receive it every turn thereafter otherwise you will die. With this in mind, wouldn't it be severely illogical for someone to give you the serum again? Firstly; they don't even know what the ability did- you haven't revealed what it did. So not only do they not know what your ability did but they have no reason to think you're town. Secondly, even if you were somehow confirmed as town, *even then* the only reason it would be prudent to give you the serum is if it is proved that the benefits of you getting the serum (i.e. a really useful ability) outweighed the drawbacks (you needing it every turn thereafter to avoid dying). So no-one has any meritorious reason to give you the serum unless it is proved that the benefits of you getting the serum outweigh the drawbacks- the only way this could be demonstrated is by knowing what your ability is by you claiming. This means if you're not going to claim your ability now then you must think your ability is sufficiently useful to claim at later point. QFT. If you want to respond please rebut this argument rather than a different one you made up e.g.
Wrong again. Did you want to give me the serum yesterday? Did I get it?
Which blatantly ignores the fact what I am saying is specifically based on the fact that you already *have* been serumed.

Don't think I've forgotten this either:
CF Riot wrote:
ortolan wrote:
CF Riot wrote:coming from the idea that you
believe
that they are metal, there's no point in confirming that they are, especially by wasting a lynch.
This falls into the same category as wanting to synth Wall-E. Do you have any good reason to believe he is scum, and lying about being flesh? If not, why do you advocate wasting a mycosynth on him?
This is not the same in any way. Lynching someone you believe is metal will send the game to night for the scum to kill, while giving the town no information about that persons alignment. If we myco Wall-E, or anyone, we
know
they are now flesh. Whether or not they were before is irrelevant. I do not
believe
Wall-E is flesh like the other people were believing TE was steel. These two situations are only vaguely similar, and I believe my position is perfectly logical.
CF Riot wrote:
ortolan wrote:
CF Riot wrote:Regarding synthing me, I suggest you do not. Wall-E is a much better choice. There is no sweet-talking. I am town, which is all you need to know to not synth me.
This does not follow... Why should we be more likely to think you are town than Wall-E,
You shouldn't. You have equally as much reason to believe him as me.
ortolan wrote: and even then why is thinking you're town enough reason not to synth you anymore than it is Wall-E?
I do not think Wall-E is town. I know that I am. Also, Wall-E said he was okay with being synthed. I am not.
ortolan wrote:it seems to me, that assuming Wall-E and Timeater are telling the truth about their roles (which obviously is a big assumption),
This
is
a big assumption. Too big at this point. The rest of what you said doesn't matter to me because I do
not
believe Wall-E's flesh claim with no backing.
geraintm wrote:why you picking on wall-e?
I feel like it. He seemed like a good avenue to pursue upon replacing in.
That was never an acceptable justification. How could you have been so wrong about Wall-E? Do you believe Wall-E's flesh claim now he's dead? Do you believe his town claim? You seemed very sure that he was scum before (not enough to give a proper case against him or anything, though). If you were wrong about him could you be wrong about me?

And when I found this next part I couldn't *believe* I'd let you get away this... (backtracking for a second)
CF Riot wrote:
ortolan wrote: and even then why is thinking you're town enough reason not to synth you anymore than it is Wall-E?
I do not think Wall-E is town. I know that I am. Also, Wall-E said he was okay with being synthed. I am not.
You are blatantly claiming to be metal here, there is no other possible interpretation.

ortolan wrote:Also, what you have said is ambiguous, are you claiming to be steel here?
CF Riot wrote:
Ort wrote:Also, what you have said is ambiguous,
It's supposed to be.
Ort wrote:are you claiming to be steel here?
Stop role-fishing.
Yet away you try to get away with a blunt straw-man. You actually accuse me of role-fishing even though it was you that suggested you were metal initially- I had nothing to do with it. And what reason would you have for being deliberately "ambiguous", anyway? I can't see it serving any purpose for town...

Only one post for me today so you'll be happy to know I fixed that up.
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Prodding Illumina.
Vote Count 2.2 wrote:Vote Count
ortolan(1): CF Riot
Not Voting: ortolan, timeater, MafiaSSK, Porkens, Gremwell, Seraphim, TonyMontana, geraintm, Illumina

Serum Count
CF Riot(2): ortolan, MafiaSSK
Not Seruming: timeater, CF Riot, Porkens, Gremwell, Seraphim, TonyMontana, geraintm, Illumina

Mycosynth Count
Not Synthing: ortolan, timeater, CF Riot, MafiaSSK, Porkens, Gremwell, Seraphim, TonyMontana, geraintm, Illumina

To establish majority: Six
Deadline: Monday, December 1st
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I think that if we have someone we think is scum, we should mycosynth them before we lynch them, and proceed in that manner. Hence...

Vote: Timeater

Mycosynth: Ortolan

Tell me...CF Riot, since you recieved abilities, what exactly did you do with them? Or, actually, do you have a role that we should continue to serum?
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by Gremwell »

Sorry for the delay I was being strung up in my other game.

TE if you are town all you have to do to win is play pro-town, holding grudges and harassing people to vote you is not pro-town. I understand it is frustrating because no one believes you but that kind of the point of the game.

so did we get anything of use off last night or was it a bust?

I must say ort's last post looked alot better to me from his previous but you still have a way to go in my eyes.

Do we have any info from last night that should be taken into consideration with the serum today?
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by CF Riot »

geraintm wrote:do the two who got it think the benefits are worth the risk of it going to scum??
I would say yes regardless of my own role and what the serum did for me. I dislike mountainous games. It's hard to say for sure because we don't know how much power the serum would give scum. I would assume not as much as town, but I don't really know.
----
Ort: Most of what your post says doesn't matter. I should not claim what my role did because I don't want scum to know what my role did. That's the only argument I need to make. You're saying I shouldn't get it because I haven't told what it did, but that's irrelevant because no one knew what it did yesterday and I got it anyways. You're saying I shouldn't get it because there's no reason to believe I'm town, but again, same yesterday. You're saying if I don't claim now, I must do so before I ever get the serum again. I think if I decide I want the serum later, I will just say, "Hey guys, I want the serum," and it will be up to everyone alive at that point to decide what to do. I don't like you telling me now at the beginning of D2 that I'm going to have to claim if I want to get the serum again, just because you say so. Also, you can't say
"QFT"
about your own post. That's just silly.

For the second half, I don't have to justify wanting to Myco someone I was suspicious of, and I don't really think I needed to justify not wanting to be synthed at that point either. Sure, I'd try harder to convince you not to if the majority looked like they wanted me synthed, but at that point, "don't do it" felt like a good enough response to me.

You're also distorting the details from yesterday. I never said Wall-E was definite scum, and I didn't really push his wagon that hard, (you support this testimony yourself by pointing out I never attempted a case on him.) Had I thought he was, I would've voted him rather than synthed him. And again, I've explained why claiming flesh has no bearing on stopping a synth wagon. It's extremely easy to claim flesh in this game without repercussion, so I don't think a flesh claim holds any weight. Whether or not I was right about Wall-E (not, in this case) has no bearing on your alignment or the liklihood of me being right about you.

Me refusing to answer your obvious role fishing is not straw manning by the way. I can see why you wouldn't like me doing that, but the term "straw-man" does not match this situation. I have not suggested that I am either metal nor flesh. I will keep it that way for as long as possible. I suggest you all do too.
----
@Sera: I don't want the serum today. That's as much as I'm going to say about it.
----
Something I noticed about TE's case on Sera that I kept forgetting about, he's in a round about way using Wall-E's death to support Sera being scum.
TE wrote:Also about the Wall-E death, it works well that an outsider, ala SSK, would recognize his skill and would go for an easy kill without having to worry reprocussions like say, one of Wall-E's enemies would. Its a good choice for him.
This is flawed for 2 reasons. 1, Wall-E is no different from anyone else in being an "easy target" in this respect, because as an "outsider" as TE describes him, Sera could kill anyone without being tied to them. 2, Wall-E claimed flesh in thread, which would make him a good target for anyone in the game. I would wager that this is the reason Wall-E was killed, rather than any ties he did or did not have to people in the game. This is yet another example of why NO ONE should claim their steel/flesh status unless impending lynching/synthing requires it.
----
Gremwell, I have a question pending to you from the first page after night. Who are you leaning towards today as scum? What are your leads?
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by Gremwell »

well if all SSK got from a night with the serum was confirming TE then I would say that is deserving of a big fat FOS, as well as his lack of presence the end of the day yesterday.

Ort for his INSISTENCE that there is no other metal townies which seems like he's been fishing from day one. Also I dont know what to make of his backwards logic concerning the CF Spyrx porkens connection.

I also have my eye on you CF, while you do seem town, your move yesterday with the serum could have been an attempt to buddy up with a townie, making you look better when he flipped, its not much but I am just being cautious.
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:02 pm

Post by Timeater »

My damn browser automatically logs me on as accounts other than Timeater, its annoying.

No Gera, it was only in red to get your attention.

I'm not attacking SSK anymore. Although I do find his play quite lacking and poor. His "confirmation" on me sounded rather lame and he hasnt gone into details at all. Also, I dont think he has bothered actually reading the thread. I only myco'd him to put some pressure on him and get him to say more than one or two lines. I'm fine with being today's lynch if it brings the town closer together and closes loose ends. But people have to realize some of the points I have made - notice the reluctance of some of the people who voted to myco me have made before voting for me (Tony, CF Riot, Seraphim, etc) - That really should tell you something. Recognize the voting bloc found d1. Recognize that that particular bloc has a habbit of screwing over townies.

I'm really not getting the whole CF-Serum thing. It makes zero sense because EVERYONE OTHER THAN SCUM AND METALLOIDS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE
VANILLA
. READ THE STARTING RULES AND READ WHAT NAT ORIGINALLY SAID WHEN STARTING THE GAME IN THE QUEUE.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by Timeater »

Mod wrote:Concerning the Blinkmoth Serum: The Blinkmoth Serum is a substance that activates the inate abilities of a person.
All players at the start of the game are vanilla.
To gain abilities, they must be imbued with the Blinkmoth Serum.
You may only vote for one person to get Serum, though. See Concerning Voting for how to vote for a player to be imbibed with serum.
Serum only lasts one day/night cycle.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:57 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Timeater wrote:notice the reluctance of some of the people who voted to myco me have made before voting for me (Tony, CF Riot, Seraphim, etc) - That really should tell you something. Recognize the voting bloc found d1. Recognize that that particular bloc has a habbit of screwing over townies.
Habit?
You are setting up strawmans around yourself like you're the center of the universe. You point out the coincidential reluctance of some people not voting you, even though you were the only one voting yourself. I'd say you'd be lucky to find just one scum in the bloc, as I'm not and I get townvibes from CF.
If you are town, then you're the one with the habit.

vote:Timeeater
Mycosynth: Seraphim
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:59 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Unmycosynth
Upcoming
Mini
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:58 pm

Post by Timeater »

Correcting typos now, A+++ thread mos def
watch for the eggshells
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:03 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

I wasn't correcting your typo, I was asking what the hell the habit was?
Upcoming
Mini
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:32 pm

Post by geraintm »

Seraphim wrote:I think that if we have someone we think is scum, we should mycosynth them before we lynch them, and proceed in that manner. Hence...

was that the royal we?
and when did you start think Ort was scum, i didnt see it in your posts??
Gremwell wrote:
so did we get anything of use off last night or was it a bust?
seems a bust. one serumed person is keeping info to themselves
the other used it in what appears to be a fairly useless manner
CF Riot wrote:
geraintm wrote:do the two who got it think the benefits are worth the risk of it going to scum??
I would say yes regardless of my own role and what the serum did for me. I dislike mountainous games. It's hard to say for sure because we don't know how much power the serum would give scum. I would assume not as much as town, but I don't really know.
thanks for replying.

Re: serum to whole town
we need to get this sorted quickly don't we?
is there any manner we think of using it?
it does appear now we have some sort of really slow vig possible with it, if there is someone whole can dole out the serum by themselves, they can give it to someone a second time and then not give it to them

time - why so vocal in wanting to be lynched. you keep on going on about voting blocks, but you got that from one days worh of votes...
you almost have me sitting there going that you must have a really odd role that invovles getting killed, or trike getting bounced ot hand so it can be replayed with its counters back on.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:33 am

Post by ortolan »

Seraphim wrote:I think that if we have someone we think is scum, we should mycosynth them before we lynch them, and proceed in that manner. Hence...

Vote: Timeater

Tell me...CF Riot, since you recieved abilities, what exactly did you do with them? Or, actually, do you have a role that we should continue to serum?
This is unnecessary. I will tell you now that I am flesh- you can lynch me today if you wish. Of course you may or may not choose to believe this.

I would like some explanations at this point:

Firstly; have I missed something? Who is Diomedes? I meant to ask this in my last post but forgot.

Also, while "metal fleet" describing Timeater's alignment is in itself ambiguous (and could well be the scum faction), perhaps MafiaSSK has told us all we need to know. Perhaps quoting our alignment from our role pms would help determine whether his accords with the majority? As quoting only this will not reveal any information about our potential abilities there are no drawbacks for the town, thus I will start:

"You are Glissa Sunseeker, town-aligned protagonist." (don't worry, I looked up the magic card for Glissa and it doesn't relate to my implied ability so there will be no way of discerning it from the card- I suggest you do the same also if you're concerned.)
Ort for his INSISTENCE that there is no other metal townies which seems like he's been fishing from day one. Also I dont know what to make of his backwards logic concerning the CF Spyrx porkens connection. I also have my eye on you CF, while you do seem town, your move yesterday with the serum could have been an attempt to buddy up with a townie, making you look better when he flipped, its not much but I am just being cautious.
I did not insist, I said "assuming" Timeater's quoted role pm is correct. And all that has happened concerning his role pm so far is it has been...validated to an extent by MafiaSSK (and will hopefully be validated further after my strategy). So it's not at all an unsound basis. On your second point:

I withdraw my previous position. I think that despite SpyreX flipping town, CF Riot is still scum. Thus I agree and I was somewhat naive to assume SpyreX's flip would clear CF Riot (I at this point think Timeater is town though, and if this the case, SpyreX's gambit has had terrible consequences for the town. If it turns out Timeater is scum I will acknowledge he is better at mafia than I).
You're also distorting the details from yesterday. I never said Wall-E was definite scum, and I didn't really push his wagon that hard, (you support this testimony yourself by pointing out I never attempted a case on him.)
Um, NO. Another ridiculous straw man, probably your biggest this game. I said you didn't attempt a case against him in that you just bandwagoned him heavily and seemingly mindlessly (obviously it wouldn't me mindless at all if you were scum, which I believe is the case) and didn't provide any evidence. This is amply evidenced by my quotes in my previous post where you suggest you voted for him simply because he was a "good avenue to pursue upon replacing in", and gave no further reasons. What the hell? For reference, it's exactly the same approach you've taken to me since I started suspecting you. If you want someone lynched, I expect you to provide a case. And a "case" does not consist of deliberately mis-interpreting my arguments against you and responding to the new ones you made up.
For the second half, I don't have to justify wanting to Myco someone I was suspicious of, and I don't really think I needed to justify not wanting to be synthed at that point either. Sure, I'd try harder to convince you not to if the majority looked like they wanted me synthed, but at that point, "don't do it" felt like a good enough response to me.
You can't have it both ways. I consider you claimed metal at this point. I believe Timeater's claim (and hopefully we're gonna find out whether we trust him after my plan, heheheheheh) and thus believe he is the only metal townie (also there are flavour reasons to think so, unless Natirasha is a particularly dastardly mod). Thus I think you're scum. I also find your uniqueness really interesting- you're the only person apart from Timeater to express concern so far about being mycosynthed (and he had already claimed metal). You're also the only person with an ability- through serum or otherwise, not to claim or even hint at it. Seraphim strongly hinted at his ability and then demonstrated it. MafiaSSK openly revealed his ability- which may yet to prove very useful for town. I'm left wondering what was so amazingly useful and pro-town about your ability that you CAN'T EVEN REVEAL IT TO TOWN??? Was it a cop investigation? Was it a hiding ability? Was it a vig? Was it a protect? You only have the night cycle and this current day to use it (during which you can't get killed, obviously) so I've given some thought as to what ability you might have that might have a drawback to revealing it to town at this point. I came up with...nothing. So I think you're scum. Also, Natirasha said in 97 that metal players don't die of blinkmoth serum overdose. Thus you can get it perpetually. Ah...now I understand why you wouldn't be worried about getting the serum twice. Scum. Also both your points in post 702 are rubbish. As you so detest me "replying for other people" I will give Timeater a chance to respond to them- if he does not, I will.

Finally I will leave my thoughts about the most pro-town players:

Firstly, Seraphim. He not only hinted at his ability before using it but demonstrated it. I also understand his thought process in seruming CF Riot night one- SpyreX was lynched and flipped town and I linked him to CF Riot so it was a reasonable assumption. I also find it unlikely scum would get a role like this for balance issues (I may be proved wrong). My one problem is that I understand his recent vote on me, but not for the mycosynth on Timeater. Surely you would want to discuss the fact that MafiaSSK confirmed his role to a large extent first?

Secondly, MafiaSSK. I find it implausible that he would fake a claim like that and find him using it on Timeater very plausible. Of course it's still possible they're both scum in cahoots (which would implicate me also to some extent obviously).

Finally, I have to go with Timeater, pending what my above-mentioned strategy reveals. I find his play this game fairly consistent with what I have gleaned from his meta from reading a few other posts of his and all that's happened so far is a moderate confirmation of his roleclaim. I also find his suicidal behaviour somewhat compelling but maybe it's cause I'm new and impressionable.

I'm also pretty much neutral right now on geraintm, Tony Montana- for some reason though he's never been antagonistic to me I can't rule out the possibility he's scum, something about his neutral voting patterns all game. And I find his immediate withdrawal of a synth vote a bit wierd. But I still certainly don't lean towards him being scum. Also Gremwell. Finally Illumina...yer I got no idea about him.

I guess that only leaves Porkens and CF Riot, as before. :S
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:04 am

Post by Timeater »

I am Diomedes (obviously).

Like I said, my browser logged me on to that account and I accidently posted as it.

Glissa Sunseeker ehh...She seems to be the main character in a mirrodin book. Interesting. If I dont see a counter-claim I'd be inclined to believe it.

I really think anyone implying or claiming abilities is just lolnoobscum who forgot to read the rules carefully. (COUGH COUGH HMM I WONDER WHO THAT COULD BE.)

MafiaSSK, What did you do last night? Did you give CF Riot serum in any capacity?

you almost have me sitting there going that you must have a really odd role that invovles getting killed, or trike getting bounced ot hand so it can be replayed with its counters back on.
OH MY GOD

Concerning the Blinkmoth Serum: The Blinkmoth Serum is a substance that activates the inate abilities of a person.
All players at the start of the game are
vanilla
. To gain abilities, they must be imbued with the Blinkmoth Serum.
You may only vote for one person to get Serum, though. See Concerning Voting for how to vote for a player to be imbibed with serum.
Serum only lasts one day/night cycle.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:28 am

Post by geraintm »

ortolan wrote:
"You are Glissa Sunseeker, town-aligned protagonist."
you outted yourself as glissa? with no one calling for it?
ortolan wrote:
I withdraw my previous position. I think that despite SpyreX flipping town, CF Riot is still scum. Thus I agree and I was somewhat naive to assume SpyreX's flip would clear CF Riot
think i said this at the time :-(

at timeeater - yeah, that vanilla thing, sorry.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:46 am

Post by ortolan »

geraintm wrote:
ortolan wrote:
"You are Glissa Sunseeker, town-aligned protagonist."
you outted yourself as glissa? with no one calling for it?
I may be the protagonist but, judging from my role pm, my ability isn't game-breaking. Potentially useful, certainly, but it seems on par with for example MafiaSSK's claimed ability.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:58 am

Post by ortolan »

do you want to tell us what your role pm tells you your faction is geraintm?
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:38 am

Post by Illumina »

I'm swamped with work from all sides, but I'm here.

Some observations:

I think Timeater had a point despite the repetitive post: it doesn't make sense to vote to myco him without also wanting to lynch him. (I tend to think he's town myself) Those who myco'd him yesterday, what's your response to this?

Also, Timeater is correct: everyone begins vanilla until the serum is doled out. Therefore, how can Seraphim have this serum-giving ability...?

I think in a game where you're free to post your role PM, claims should be taken with a grain of salt. Ortolan did claim the protagonist, though, so that's probably meaningful if nobody else counterclaims. But, Ort, why did you claim?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”