Open 873: PYP: Anime Music & Memes - Game Over!

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:57 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

also

WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER

WHOPPER MUD KIP WHOPPER
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:58 pm

Post by unwnd »

There has been times where I've joined games with you (Bloodstained/Isekai come to mind) where I have an overzealous take and it dissolves but yeah it's gonna take a lot this time around. This isn't me waving 'hey Luke look at how many times I've townread you correctly so I should know' either.

I've been penchant on just speaking my mind with less shifty wait-and-see as of late so I'm just gonna try and lay out what I exactly saw and let the masses chew on it:

Your approach to the game feels bespoken from just responding to what interests you. You had a small interaction with notty back there but I don't feel like I got anything out of it. My meter on you was a bit of a face-check in some regard, because I think that you are a very reactionary player. Maybe even a little sensitive. This is why you begrudgingly accept when I go 'I guess Luke is town this game' but it's more than that. I feel you're quite receptive too, which is not entirely similar to reaction. You're receptive in the manner you see something going on and your first response is 'ok, here's what I think is going on here and my thoughts add to it.' Then you start forming your own conclusions assuredly and I see those fervent somewhat-walls that make me go 'ok Lukewarm is actually thinking about this game and not just positing information for the sake of thread responsibility.' Your responsibilities in that regard come naturally, but here they don't seem that way.

I'I'm getting a lot of pick-and-choose with what you respond to. When you mentioned Peta/LLD at the bottom of your post I felt it didn't align at all and didn't look like that was something you would mention as town.
Stop
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:58 pm

i'm on edible #2 now btw so if i disappear suddenly again expect i've passed the fuck out

we're gonna watch The Menu tonight

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:59 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

I'm disappointed it wasn't the whopper thing

Ceph is a tone read based on little things he's said and the fact he can't get a green role PM to save his life

It's not great
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:00 pm

In post 328, Save The Dragons wrote: I'm disappointed it wasn't the whopper thing

Ceph is a tone read based on little things he's said and the fact he can't get a green role PM to save his life

It's not great
nah i've committed enough auditory terrorism for one night

or so i say ebcause i'm about to whopper x4 my family rn

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:03 pm

i have shared the auditory terrorism, reactions were

BlightRunner: "give me a rickroll anyday, i enjoy that more"

Hebichan: "please stop it hurts"

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:03 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 323, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 318, Cephrir wrote:
In post 313, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 310, Cephrir wrote:
In post 303, Lukewarm wrote: I have a problem... I have caught up, and I did not find a scum read :/

Trendy choices seem to be Notty and Taly.

I kinda think Notty is town? I liked that he appeared to stop and do some meta skims when he saw something that pinged him. It was well telegraphed too, like he voted in , made a comment about meta diving in , then largely disappeared from the thread for ~20 mins, before coming back with a new take on Taly in . That 20 min thread break would be an impressive touch if faked.

I am having a hard time sorting Taly, just because every post she makes seems to either misunderstand the post that is directed at her, or she is responding to posts directed at other people. I am not sure how to sort constant misunderstandings tbh.

I would request LLD and/or Peta to solve the game for me please.

@Peta, why are you voting Dunn?
Surely even if scum he really did the meta. Of course that would require a few minutes
My assumption was that if he was scum, he would not do meta work for an excuse to move a vote this early in the game. So, seeing evidence that the meta work happened (the timing) makes me think he is more likely to be town.

I guess scum who did the meta work is an option given the timing, but seems like wasted effort for some
"An excuse to move a vote" is far from the reason I would think of
What is the reason you see then?
To look town
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:04 pm

Hebichan: "No please don't play it again it's still in my head"

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:05 pm

I'm torturing my family

Gaslight Gatekeep GirlWHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:07 pm

THIS IS GETTING MIXED IN WITH WHOPPERx4

I'M CREATING A MONSTER

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:13 pm

In post 328, Save The Dragons wrote: I'm disappointed it wasn't the whopper thing

It's not great
can you like... this may be hard but can you like, show me the litle things that ping you? i don't need the reasons why cause i'm betting you don't have them (but if you do pls gib) but i'd like to see the things that brought you to this opinion

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:14 pm

also i'm not ignoring lukexunwnd i'm giving it space to develop without my finger on the scale but i'm :eyes: WATCHING

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:15 pm

i'm also having a blast playing mafia while high do i really have to play while sober i hate being sober and hypervigilant and shit, i wanna be high and fluid like this all the timeeee

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:20 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 326, unwnd wrote: There has been times where I've joined games with you (Bloodstained/Isekai come to mind) where I have an overzealous take and it dissolves but yeah it's gonna take a lot this time around. This isn't me waving 'hey Luke look at how many times I've townread you correctly so I should know' either.

I've been penchant on just speaking my mind with less shifty wait-and-see as of late so I'm just gonna try and lay out what I exactly saw and let the masses chew on it:

Your approach to the game feels bespoken from just responding to what interests you. You had a small interaction with notty back there but I don't feel like I got anything out of it. My meter on you was a bit of a face-check in some regard, because I think that you are a very reactionary player. Maybe even a little sensitive. This is why you begrudgingly accept when I go 'I guess Luke is town this game' but it's more than that. I feel you're quite receptive too, which is not entirely similar to reaction. You're receptive in the manner you see something going on and your first response is 'ok, here's what I think is going on here and my thoughts add to it.' Then you start forming your own conclusions assuredly and I see those fervent somewhat-walls that make me go 'ok Lukewarm is actually thinking about this game and not just positing information for the sake of thread responsibility.' Your responsibilities in that regard come naturally, but here they don't seem that way.

I'I'm getting a lot of pick-and-choose with what you respond to. When you mentioned Peta/LLD at the bottom of your post I felt it didn't align at all and didn't look like that was something you would mention as town.
ngl, I am having a hard time parsing exactly what you are saying her in the big paragraph.

But for the last section about Peta/LLD, you are kinda right that mentioning the two of them did not flow out of anything that I have engaged with in this game.

I hit the point where I was fully caught up, and I did not have a solid scum ping that I felt really good about, so I did not have a bone to chase down. I feel you are describing looking for the version of me after I have a strong scum read. My next thought when I was caught up, and not sure who to push, was to wonder who Peta and LLD were scum reading. I looked at LLD and she appeared to have a joke vote down on Notty because he posted a mudkip video. Then I looked at Peta, and I noticed that he was voting outside of his original list of names that he opened with, which made me curious. But there was no reason given.

So I mentioned them, because I thought "I wonder who LLD and Peta think are scum" and when I opened up their isos I did not find anything that really helped me find a place to focus. They did not have a scum read that I really agreed with, or anything that sparked a ping of my own. So I was trying to urge thoughts out of them.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:22 pm

Post by notscience »

Oh I forgot Luke what did you think of this post? I’ve been mulling it over for a few hours
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:23 pm

Post by unwnd »

Making a cheeky 'hey can I sheep you' comment just feels contradictory to my own perception of you. You're far more openness and not very subtle most of the time. Not bad things because you have a ton of subtle people with coded language participating in this game so the first thing I would personally want to do is figure out your alignment so I'm not just wading through my own uncertainties. In that regard, why don't you have any at all? Your response to me doesn't tell me what you're thinking about, just why you did it
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:23 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

You son of a bitch
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:24 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

That was at notty lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:33 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 340, unwnd wrote:Making a cheeky 'hey can I sheep you' comment just feels contradictory to my own perception of you. You're far more openness and not very subtle most of the time. Not bad things because you have a ton of subtle people with coded language participating in this game so the first thing I would personally want to do is figure out your alignment so I'm not just wading through my own uncertainties. In that regard, why don't you have any at all? Your response to me doesn't tell me what you're thinking about, just why you did it
During this interaction, I have been thinking that you seem more likely to be town for it. I don't think of myself as an easy target, especially after several other people had started voicing town reads on me. So I don't feel like I am a convenient place to go. You seem reading my posts really closely for possible alignment indicators, when if you were scum I would be a fairly easy person to scum read. Both because it is common, and because of your history of confidently declaring me town in our past games. IF you were just trying to get me to town read you, it seems like you could just imitate that. Given fact that in our last game you repped in an immediately declared a read on me. I also know that you can be town and think that I am scum, because you have done that before, but I kind of expect you to be able to get it right in the end. So I was trying to help you see me as town, by explaining what looked like you misunderstanding what I was saying and why.

I feel like I have been pretty vocal with my reads so I am not really sure if you mean before this conversation, or just this one.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:37 pm

Post by unwnd »

It's a general thing

I've laid my thoughts out though and I don't like when "big thread events" go on way too fucking long so gonna cut it short

Not feeling convinced by your responses but hey
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:43 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

... okay :/

Now I guess I just gotta find scum before the end of the day to prove myself :triumph:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:44 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Wait

Did we get new emojis with the update?!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:51 pm

Post by Bell »

/:
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:38 am

Post by marcistar »

wow are my reads not important enough to you luke....

im so offended...
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:05 am

Post by Dunnstral »