Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Seraphim wrote:
ortolan wrote:I do recall Seraphim mentioning in the previous post that there might be a role which could give serum to others. If this is what happened then I'd be very interested to find out how he knew.
I'm going to ask again: does anyone want me to roleclaim?
I think you already did ¬¬
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Timeater »

I'm going to ask again: does anyone want me to roleclaim?
Yes. I do. Please roleclaim.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Ok, I was on the phone earlier. I'll make real content now.
ortolan wrote:And, CF Riot, I think we already know what Gremwell will say as he already found me suspicious (not that he gave any reasons to)
Stop answering questions for other people. Also, I don't want the serum today, and I'm not going to say what it did to me.

TE
: If you're suspicious of SSK not dying, why are you myco'ing him rather than voting? We know scum didn't bounce off him (or it can be assumed I should say) because someone did die. I've already said my bit about 7 dice being overkill and pointless. I also think you are definitely not protown regardless of you're alignment. You do realise that we have to hit at least 1 scum before N3 or we lose right? If you're town, you're asking to put the town to lylo.
TonyMontana wrote:I am curious as to what MafiaSSK got out of the serum, although obviously not sure if it's in our best interest for him to tell us. That's his call. I take it you didn't get to use your new ability, CF Riot?
Why do you assume that SSK's power worked, but assume mine did not?
ortolan wrote:There's no benefit to town in them trying to conceal their abilities from the mafia,
How do you know? I disagree whole-heartedly. And this is aside from the fact that I'm not buying anything you say today anyways since you're scum. SSK can do whatever he feels like regarding his night actions. I'd like you and the rest of the town to respect that, unless you can give me a better reason than this for him to share.

@Sera: No. Don't roleclaim until you're at L-1 or 2, depending on what the town thinks at that time.

@Tony again, I don't know if you read it or not but the serum powers only last 1 day/night phase. Unless we're voted again, SSK and I will not have powers by tonight.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by Timeater »

If you voted to mycosynth me, you have no defense against not voting for me now.

MODEDIT: Eliminated the other 10000 repetitions of this statement.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Timeater »

The Magic List

Porkens CF Riot TonyMontana Seraphim
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Timeater gets another warning. Do something like that again and you'd be lucky if I modkill just you(for the record, the long mantra post scrolls on my computer and generally fucks with it's performance).
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

I shall claim what I got from the serum as long as 6 people don't disagree with it.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by Timeater »

Do it
watch for the eggshells
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:51 pm

Post by ortolan »

TonyMontana wrote:
ortolan wrote:I would think so.

I'm actually thinking, seeing as it's unlikely we're going to serum them again (as they will die unless they then get it every night) there may be a case for asking them what their serum did. There's no benefit to town in them trying to conceal their abilities from the mafia, as they're unlikely to get to use them again anyway. The only case we would want to serum them again is if we find out they have a really helpful ability in which case presumably they would have to claim anyway.

Thoughts on this? (Don't do it yet, CF Riot + MafiaSSK)
Well at the end of this day we will presumebly have 3 people with abilities. If the Mafia wants to kill someone with an ability it would be benefitial for them to know which one is the more powerful one.
My point is that unless they are going to get the serum again, their abilities won't be of any use. The only way they are going to get the serum again is by roleclaiming and demonstrating that the drawback of them getting the serum again (i.e. them dying unless they get it every turn from then on) is outweighed by the power of their ability.
CF Riot wrote:Ok, I was on the phone earlier. I'll make real content now.
ortolan wrote:And, CF Riot, I think we already know what Gremwell will say as he already found me suspicious (not that he gave any reasons to)
Stop answering questions for other people. Also, I don't want the serum today, and I'm not going to say what it did to me
Please don't tell me not to pre-empt his response, as it seems clear to me (as you've said UNEQUIVOCALLY I'm scum without providing a proper case against me that I can actually respond to) one of the main reasons you've asked for his input is that you expect him to re-iterate his previous suspicion on me. And in answer to your second point I will repeat what I said above: if you don't intend to receive the serum again at *any* point in the game, I don't see any good pro-town reason not to claim what it gave you. If you *do* intend to receive the serum at a later point in the game then there may be a reason to withhold your ability, but bear in mind you'll have to claim then instead (as obviously no-one's going to give you the serum without you specifically requesting and justifying it, because it will simply kill you). If anyone doesn't understand my logic please seek clarification. If you have a criticism please critique.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:53 pm

Post by ortolan »

MafiaSSK I think you should use your judgement. As I said above, however, if you don't see yourself as wanting to use your ability again then there's no reason not to claim now as opposed to later. Even if you do intend to use it later you will presumably need to claim before that point, so again if there's no drawback to claiming now as opposed to at that point then there are good reasons for you claiming now.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:54 pm

Post by ortolan »

CF Riot wrote:Cut it with the dice thing. It's annoying. Also, why do you have to make it so difficult? Why role 7 dice? IF you decide to random the serum (I still don't want to) just role 1 d10. Don't complicate it.
I agree, I don't think the serum should be randomed today.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:21 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Timeater wrote:The Magic List
People you think are scum, or people you think should be voting you today?
MafiaSSK wrote:I shall claim what I got from the serum as long as 6 people don't disagree with it.
I don't like this because you're throwing your responsibility into the hands of the masses. I can see wanting to do what the town thinks is best, but I also think this is sort of a way to have an excuse for either claiming or not when the time comes. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
ortolan wrote:The only way they are going to get the serum again is by roleclaiming and demonstrating that the drawback of them getting the serum again (i.e. them dying unless they get it every turn from then on) is outweighed by the power of their ability.
Wrong again. Did you want to give me the serum yesterday? Did I get it? There are ways around your little rules, so stop acting like your opinion is the law of the land.

If I say, "Hey guys, my roles is the greatest ever, if I get serum'd again we win," scum kills me tonight no questions asked. If I say nothing, they have to make a choice. If they kill me, I may not even be serumed, leaving the person who is serumed that night wide open. If they kill someone else, I may get the serum again through the mystical ways I did last night and break the game with my powers. I'd prefer scum not knowing what will happen next, thank you.
Ort wrote:Please don't tell me not to pre-empt his response, as it seems clear to me one of the main reasons you've asked for his input is that you expect him to re-iterate his previous suspicion on me.
Wrong again. I won't tell you why I asked until he answers. However I will say that in general, answering questions for other people is bad no matter why the question was asked, probably 80+% of the time. If you think the question is a set-up, just let him answer and then call me on it, rather than guessing the future.
Ort wrote:obviously no-one's going to give you the serum without you specifically requesting and justifying it,
Last night. ;] Not everyone thinks like you pal.

And again, (and this is totally unrelated to the game itself, and has nothing to do with who's doing it) the triple and quadruple posting is bad. It just makes the thread unneccesarily long. I know it's not killing anyone and maybe I'm being nit-picky, but if you could just try to sit and think about your post for a while before you hit submit, it would save pages and make reading the game easier.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:48 pm

Post by geraintm »

just popping in very quickly to say i have seen the day restart, but i have meetings most of the day and so won't be able to post properly till tomorrow
sorry :-(
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:22 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

However, I do suppose ti could confirm someone. Timeater, claim now.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:22 am

Post by TonyMontana »

CF Riot wrote: @Tony again, I don't know if you read it or not but the serum powers only last 1 day/night phase. Unless we're voted again, SSK and I will not have powers by tonight.
[face_palm] :oops:
Wow, I dunno how I missed that. Well that certainly changes alot of conceptions I have had up until now
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Timeater »

However, I do suppose ti could confirm someone. Timeater, claim now.
Um? Dude I claimed like page 4. Lolz. Did you even bother with a read-through?

Why did CF Riot recieve the serum last night?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Timeater, you are confirmed.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by Seraphim »

...confirmed? Confirmed what? Town? Scum?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Seraphim wrote:...confirmed? Confirmed what? Town? Scum?
His role is confirmed. Not sure about his alignment
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by Seraphim »

...what is his role, then?
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by Timeater »

lol, you're all idiots
watch for the eggshells
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:10 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I'm just trying to get answers from MafiaSSK. Which, from my experience, is like pulling teeth.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by Timeater »

@Gremwell, Illumina, MafiaSSK, Geraintm

SpyreX(7): Timeater, TonyMontana, SpyreX(DEADTOWN), CF Riot, Porkens, Seraphim, ortolan
ortolan(1): Gremwell
Not Voting: MafiaSSK, geraintm, Porkens, Wall-E

Mycosynth Count
Wall-E(3): Illumina, Gremwell, timeater
Timeater(7): SpyreX(DEADTOWN), Porkens, CF Riot, Wall-E(DEADTOWN), TonyMontana, Seraphim, ortolan
This leaves us with Porkens, CF Riot, TonyMontana, Seraphim, and Ortolan who share a common voting bloc with lynching a townie and stripping a metal-townie of his status. I personally think Ortolan has been playing very pro-town so I do not factor him in. That brings me to my magic list.

Porkens, CF Riot, TonyMontana, and Seraphim

Town, start myco'ing and lynching people from that list and you
WILL
win the game. Its
VERY
simple. Some of them have already been reluctant to vote for me. Warning sirens should be going off in your head. You have been way too quiet. Now is the time for action.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Timeater »

Unvote

Unmycosynth
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Vote: Timeater

I did not like your claim. I do not like your list. It all feels very anti-town that you're claiming that anyone that voted for you clearly is scum. Also, haphazardly insulting people doesn't help anyone. If you're town, you're the most obnoxious townie I've ever played with.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”