charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by charter »

I swear, if ANYONE protects a lurker if you guys claim tomorrow, they are scum. I'm a fine lynch for today, I'm not a vig. Maybe y'all will learn not to just blindly take other's words for scummy actions and think for yourselves. Any smart person could see that me lying about being lazy isn't a scum tell.
People I would kill tonight, in order (GK, OP, Tony)
GK's head is on so backwards, keeping him alive regardless of role will be detrimental.
OP and Tony, both lurk horribly, and are slightly more scummy than Stef in my opinion.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Stef, I started to re-read Charter this morning, and my girlfriend showed up so I PM'd it to myself quick, and still have it about half done. I'll finish it tomorrow morning. Basically, Charter doesn't look good, but I think GnK is scum, and they aren't aligned together, so like Plum said, one could be SK.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kiro
Kiro
Townie
Kiro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by Kiro »

charter wrote:I'm a fine lynch for today, I'm not a vig. Maybe y'all will learn not to just blindly take other's words for scummy actions and think for yourselves. Any smart person could see that me lying about being lazy isn't a scum tell.

People I would kill tonight, in order (GK, OP, Tony)
GK's head is on so backwards, keeping him alive regardless of role will be detrimental.
OP and Tony, both lurk horribly, and are slightly more scummy than Stef in my opinion.
So, are you advocating a "policy" lynch/kill on GnK? I know you think he's scum, but stating the above as a persuasive reason is no good in my book. If another person thinks GnK is Town, GnK shouldn't be killed by that person's hand/vote. That's how I believe Mafia should be played.

If you're also saying OP and Tony should be targeted, what happened to your initial scum list of myself, animorph and Kmd? Are you going to admit that you jumped the gun on some of your early picks?

Finally, you're not a vig. You tell everyone that they should think for themselves (not in the same context, but fairly close). Then you tell the vigs who you would kill as an indirect suggestion to have them follow your advice, which is contradictory to your earlier scum list. The vigs can indeed think for themselves, they don't need to be confused by the ideas of anyone else.

Finally, it's not about you being lazy; the lurkers are "lazy." it's about you being brash and then unable to adequately follow up your brash statements and then concluding with a non-caring attitude. GnK still hasn't given up trying to defend himself, but you seem to have. GnK will be vetted more assuming he makes it to Day 2, but if you already decided not to give yourself that chance, then you're about ready to be lynched.

Waiting for your reply to see if I'll change my mind about voting you.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by charter »

That was who I would kill if it were up to me, not who I find scummiest. And yes, a confirmed townie stating their opinions can be helpful to a vig. Obviously they shouldn't blindly follow me, but if they're torn between vigging two different people and one is on my list of people to vig, maybe they'll go with that person.

I generally give up when I can see the writing on the wall, don't really care to 'defend' myself, I always end up making myself look scummier, so not worth the trouble in delaying the inevitable.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by Stef »

You know charter.. regarding you being lazy.. if you're gonna cast suspicion on some1 you'd better give some reasons from now on. I don't care how lazy you are, i don't care if you have time. Don't just say "x is scummy, y is scummy, z is scummier" and then leave it hanging. If you don't explain them they are worthless at best since nobody can base anything on your suspicions.. well.. except maybe suspicion on you.
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:28 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kmd4390 wrote:Stef, I started to re-read Charter this morning, and my girlfriend showed up so I PM'd it to myself quick, and still have it about half done. I'll finish it tomorrow morning. Basically, Charter doesn't look good, but I think GnK is scum, and they aren't aligned together, so like Plum said, one could be SK.
Sorry, side tracked again. I'll get this up eventually. All of my games are pretty much taking a hit the last couple of days because of Survivor and RL.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:51 am

Post by Plum »

GnKoichi wrote:Plum, you say there is a stronger case against Charter than against Wall-E. You've left your vote on me. Why do you think there is a stronger case against me than against Charter? What do you believe I have done that is scummier than what Charter has in the last few pages? Do you have a defense for Charter, or do you agree with my analysis in Post #403?
Plum's case on GnKoichi wrote:GnK: The weird behavior around Wall-E, e.g. going from him as protown and trying to help him get into the game by voting him, rediculous surety on an at-a-stretch-at-best interpretation of Charter's votes to imply a Charter/Wall-E scumteam. At the time, what a call for votes on Charter in caps lock for what appeared to be strongly-worded suspicions, not, as he claimed, a clear admission that he's scum (more on this below). In conjunction with this, suggesting a no-lynch looks less like a newbie/nulltell and more like the work of scum. Attacked Charter earlier for 'trying to mislead the town' by sharing his thoughts on how many NKs would go through, which I've personally refuted multiple times and so won't do so here. Ask if you've got questions.
In my opinion, Charter's behavior has been unhelpful and anti-town, but I'm still less sure that his overstated suspicions (unhelpful) and statement that he has other suspicions but refusal to elaborate (unhelpful again) are scum work, not just anti-town behavior. Much of your behavior, however, seems more unambiguously scummy. That plus gut plus the fact that most of the players I find scummy are attacking him makes me feel the case on you is more worthy of persuit at this point than the case on Charter.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:51 am

Post by Mirth »

"A reminder to all medical personnel: the office telephone is NOT for accepting personal phone calls from your directionally challenged girlfriends."

VOTE COUNT

Charter - 5 - [GnKoichi, Wall-E, animorpherv, Tony Montana, orangepenguin]

GnKoihi - 4 - [Stef, Kmd, charter , Plum]

Not Voting - 3 - [Mana_Ku, Nameless, Kiro]

Tentative Deadline Dec 6
Kiro
Kiro
Townie
Kiro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Kiro »

I was re-examining the Day's bandwagons and the nature of votes and it bugs me how animorpherv has actually never mentioned GnK at all. Not a single post references him at all.

He replaces in, votes Wall-E, asks if charter claimed scum and was quickly told to read the thread, had a mini suspicion about Nameless, then just votes charter for a scummy vibe. He's not discussing anything at all, particularly one of the hottest topics of the Day. If you read all of his posts alone, it's surprising how few words have come out from him and it's hard to say if he even knows GnK exists. It took me 1 minute starting from page 11 to find all his posts this game. We still have time and I'm ready to vet him now that we have a little more of a trail on him.

Vote: animorpherv

Care to respond to anything about my claim or about GnK at all?
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:40 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

Kiro, you mentioned that you were going to base your potential vote on Charter's response to your questions. Does this vote against Ani mean that you think he adequately defending himself by saying "I would kill people who I don't find scummy" and "I felt like I was going to get Lynched, so I gave up"?
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:49 pm

Post by charter »

Yeah, pretty sure GK is scum by the arguments he is trying to make (as well as ones he tried to push earlier).

I'm sure I missed questions, I'll get to them later.

Mana is being prodded again.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:51 pm

Post by Stef »

Mirth: Will you please replace him if he keeps disappearing? It's hurting the game.

Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:57 pm

Post by Stef »

EBWOP:
replace her* if she* keeps disappearing

I sees she posted in other threads yesterday.. and last time she posted here ( 4 days ago ) she promised a reply the next day which never came... i guess it will come down to her response to the prod. Either way it's not good and i'd like her replaced if she can't start being active.

She will be replaced if she fails to post within the next 3 days or if i have to prod her more than 3 times total or if she requests replacement. Other than that, I'm not the posting police, however much I'd like to be.

Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by Stef »

And i did not ask you to be. I merely asked. The rules do not state anything about a prod limit so it was unclear. Thank you for clearing it up for me.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:31 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Kiro wrote: He replaces in, votes Wall-E
Becauase I thought the was scum
Kiro wrote: asks if charter claimed scum
I thought he did from what GNK said, I noticed that was a mistake
Kiro wrote:votes charter for a scummy vibe.
So, if you think someone is scum, you won't vote them? How interesting...
Kiro wrote: He's not discussing anything at all, particularly one of the hottest topics of the Day.
Yah, right, that's the "hot topic". I've been watching the thread, at least.
Kiro wrote: If you read all of his posts alone, it's surprising how few words have come out from him
Becuase I don't feel like a lot of words actually
helps

Kiro wrote:and it's hard to say if he even knows GnK exists.
? I do, I'm not stupid.

Want anything else, just ask.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Stef »

Gah..
unvote, Vote: animorph

Congratz.

Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Stef »

EBWOP: Pressed submit instead of preview...

Start contributing more and posting more if you want that removed. Please give us your full opinion about all the players in the game. Words DO help. You not posting any is hurting the town and is thus anti-town. If you are anti-town you die.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:40 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Stef wrote:Gah..
unvote, Vote: animorph

Congratz.
No comment...
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Wall-E »

That is some cold stuff.

I like it.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Kiro
Kiro
Townie
Kiro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Kiro »

@animorph: Yea, I have a question. What do you think about the GnK case? I asked you in my previous post. I'm surprised with all your individual quoting and clipped answers, that you didn't answer that.

@GnK: I'm not dissatisfied with charter's response. To put it simply, I don't agree with his answers, but I didn't find them "unacceptable" to the point that I'm 100% sure he's scum and had to vote him to L-1. The relative speed at which the charter wagon got his last 3 votes made me want to check his response when he was actually under threat of being lynched. He didn't change any of his stories at this time, so you could say that he didn't lie to save himself. That was a good sign in my opinion. We still have plenty of time so I'm good to look at others.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by charter »

Stef wrote:You know charter.. regarding you being lazy.. if you're gonna cast suspicion on some1 you'd better give some reasons from now on. I don't care how lazy you are, i don't care if you have time. Don't just say "x is scummy, y is scummy, z is scummier" and then leave it hanging. If you don't explain them they are worthless at best since nobody can base anything on your suspicions.. well.. except maybe suspicion on you.
Ironic coming from lurkerscum. At least I post suspicions so people know where I stand.

I think animorph and GK are scumbuddies, but GK is definately the better lynch today.
kiro wrote:GnK still hasn't given up trying to defend himself, but you seem to have. GnK will be vetted more assuming he makes it to Day 2, but if you already decided not to give yourself that chance, then you're about ready to be lynched.
I'm fine with being lynched, I'm not a vig, and I'm not convincing anyone of GK so I don't see what help I can further be to the town. Maybe protect a townie tonight, but that's just about everyone.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

Kiro, I think Charter is just playing it too safe now. After being caught in two lies already, he would have to be a terrible player to change his story again. Obviously, you're free to do what you want, but going by your "He didn't lie to save himself" criterion, I'd say his previous lies are damning enough. Especially when coupled with his insults towards anyone who either believes I'm right or doesn't listen to him.

Charter also has a list of SEVEN scum now. Myself, Kmd, OP, Tony, Stef, Kiro, and Ani. Clearly he's just lashing out.
---
Kiro
Kiro
Townie
Kiro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by Kiro »

@GnK: Let's switch topics for a second. What do you think of animorph?
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

Overall, he falls into the same category as OP, Tony, and Mana, who just post too infrequently to judge. If there were one of them, it would be easier to say to go after them. With four, how do we choose one to target just for lurking? I think this is something that will hurt them in the long run, but not something we can deal with now.

As for his recent comments, at least he's answering questions. That's more than we could say for most lurkers.

This doesn't change the fact that I think ALL lurkers should post things with more content and analysis. When Mana was active, she at least made comprehensive posts, trying to cover everything that happened. Plum does something similar, though more often and even more comprehensive, so she's clear in my mind. I think she's a good example for what the others should aspire to.
---
Kiro
Kiro
Townie
Kiro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by Kiro »

So, do you have a problem with my deciding to go against animorph?

Or maybe with Stef since he also decided to vote animorph after me?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”