Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:13 am

Post by Shirou »

@CSF i think i saw you questioning me if i didn't think fire was scum anymore

i still think he can be but my rationale is that if fire is scum odds are that tgp is also scum because why would ari not vote there with me rather than self-vote?

she could theoretically be so demotivated to play the game that she wanted to get out at any costs but idk, i think we can be wrong on ari and the game suddenly turns less winnable if we're wrong on her because there's just too many actively scummy slots to me in [Aubrey, TGP, Klick, Toto, Gimli] and not enough eliminations for most of them if fire is a miselimination

so

i think fire partners are inside that pool and we win anyway if fire is scum more than i think they are necessarily always town here

i love the white flag mechanic
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:14 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 2147, Shirou wrote:i'm the thread captain full stop
Furtive is captain, you're just part of the crew and pray you're right about norwee being town, sailor
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:14 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 2149, Gimli wrote:*Aubrey*
it's still not engraved in my mind who replaced who because this game has a lot of replacements

i'm not sure other people have completely engraved it either

so i'm using the most known person in that slot rather than the new one

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:15 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 2151, Gimli wrote:
Furtive is captain, you're just part of the crew and pray you're right about norwee being town, sailor
this feels like scum posting

are u scum gimli

i've town read you everytime you were town but i'm not feeling it here

coincidentally you replaced lucian

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:15 am

Post by Shirou »

there's really something bugging me in this game oh my god

would i be throwing or hero'ing by saying it idk anymore

(Aka Volpe14)
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:21 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 2153, Shirou wrote:i've town read you everytime you were town
I was eventually universally townread everytime you townread me, + you barely played D2 and we're not interacting enough
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:23 am

Post by Gimli »

I think you could get there but IDK. As long as we work through similar POE's the game is very winnable without my posting clearing me, I think
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:27 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 2152, Shirou wrote:
In post 2149, Gimli wrote:*Aubrey*
it's still not engraved in my mind who replaced who because this game has a lot of replacements

i'm not sure other people have completely engraved it either

so i'm using the most known person in that slot rather than the new one
Furtive has a very impactful D2 so far
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:29 am

Post by Shirou »

he's only impactful until i outpost and capslock the hell out of his leadership :cop:

(Aka Volpe14)
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:31 am

Post by Gimli »

I mean I think you can take furtive out of your POE

Interested to hear why you're clearing STD
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:37 am

Post by Shirou »

oh true i kinda forgot him

if i'm wrong on moving someone out of the PoE big odds it's StD

i don't have enough eliminations to hedge on him maybe tho

i like his posting more than the rest of the PoE

i'll try to read this game new pages at some point gotta do genshin dailies now

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:38 am

Post by Shirou »

i think StD going against me at that point in time was kinda +town perhaps but i had town posted a bit before so it's less telling than otherwise would be if i kept shut

sometimes shutting up is beneficial i guess

i wonder if i'll get something out of the new pages without my usual interference in the thread direction

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:40 am

Post by Shirou »

i'm talking about this:
Spoiler:
In post 1687, Save The Dragons wrote:i think a universe where shirou and tgp are scum together is highly unlikely. so postulates that both could be scum (fire) or that we should kill both (toto) pique me a little. i could be wrong on that but that's where i'm at now.

i'll be honest, i came into this thinking shirou scum and tgp town, but reading stuff again makes me wonder.

the case for TGP being scum:

his shirou progression is just weird. He sees and quotes support for shirou being scum in order to vote shirou, hoping others would jump at the chance to vote shirou (). He presents a strange argument in that's about as easy to track as his avatar. but then he unvotes because shirou is efforting (). it could be he's not seeing the traction he thought he would get from voting shirou so he's resigned to mimic the behavior of the rest of the town by not voting shirou, but that may be a stretch. but he doesn't really give an example of shirou solving the game. the hammer was a little weird too.

the case for shirou being scum:

this one's a little more loosey goosey. shirou is all over the place this game. his reads, his strategies, he's trying everything and anything and i think he could easily be doing it to sway and gain control over and over again. His norwee gambit was something else, i guess i'm not sure scum does it, but it would be funny if they were partners. but i don't think that at this time. it would just be funny. ahem. it could be a method to see how much control over the thread he has, however.

this is a minor point, but if i were scum shirou, even if i wanted to play with a town una, i would probably rather get rid of someone i knew well rather than some rando if i had thread control. i think a lot of people (or maybe just me) were a little lost and easily subjected to persuasion.

but i also want to call attention to this:
In post 1450, Shirou wrote:
In post 1391, petapan wrote:

Gamma Emerald
was killed Night 1. She was a
Vanilla townie
I'm surprised.

Historically commenting about the nightkill this way is kinda scum indicative and I avoid doing it because of that regardless of alignment, but this NK is so weird to me that I'm kinda "flabbergasted".

Even if scum didn't want to kill me, it really surprises me that they didn't kill Norwee. It, in fact, makes almost no sense to me except if I take a few convenient explanations and I don't want directly go into that. I need to reconsider this game.
it's interesting that shirou comments on the night kill, but prefaces it with "i know it's scummy to do so" to try and alleviate any blowback. but he kind of ignores aubrey who does the same thing pretty much in .

also it's interesting he says norwee should have been killed, which is playing into my now paranoia that shirou and norwee are partners. *sweatdrop*.

if StD is scum big odds that TGP is scum as well so

(Aka Volpe14)
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:51 am

Post by Toto »

Shurro you still need to explain norwwe town because the are pretty scummy.

And no, no thread control, bad shurro.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:06 am

Post by Toto »

TGP are you going to do some shit or you are just going to savour last few hours of the game? I don’t get what you are doing if you are town.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:17 am

Post by Toto »

Also, Shurro you can stick your poe list up your ass afaic. Just a another reminder I want norwee town explanation. Please explain like im 5. Please point specific posts I should be townreading with some rationale. Anime gifs not allowed.

Gimly you sound scummy sometimes but IDK if thats because in not vibing with the reasoning behind your reads. Can you explain your reads in a bit more detail. I feel you are going with the flow too much sometimes.

Fire thanks for the ari thing but not sure im fully buying it. The lack of agenda is a good point.
Some additional details on posts that town pinged you would be good.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:29 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2151, Gimli wrote:
Jesus christ man, this isn’t solving. You’re just using the fact that i’ve not been as active these last days to position a scumread on me. Why couldn’t i just need a break no matter my alignment?
Sorry but this shit ur pulling is starting to piss me off.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:29 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Like level 0 mafia.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:32 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If anyone else has problems reading me for whatever reason then ask me questions, do something yourself to make it possible to read me. Maybe that works?

- Bunno
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:35 am

Post by Gimli »

You're 'not as active' for the entirety of my time in the game, my solve does not include you in the POE but all your posts are reactive. I'm trusting shirou's meta on you which is why I keep poking him with it, asked him countless times to expand and update with how the gameday progressed and keep getting nothing.

If you think I'm scum for it then go back to voting me
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:36 am

Post by Gimli »

Posts only reactive crap for 80 hours

'if anyone has problems reading me *for whatever reason*'

What's that, you think you should be universally townread?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:49 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 2165, Toto wrote:Gimly you sound scummy sometimes but IDK if thats because in not vibing with the reasoning behind your reads. Can you explain your reads in a bit more detail.
I think I've done that but I can elaborate on all my reads.

Aubrey/furtive: my top townread. I think I can read furtive on how he approaches my slot, it's always clear to me how he is trying to evaluate and I think I grasp how he is always sussing and paranoid of my slot when he is town. There's some history here given our last two completed games together, the last one when I replaced into a condemned scum slot and he scumread me for carelessly posting and being meme-y etc. This morning I could spot him townreading me in real time but being pulled back by the fact he is scumreading my predecessor. I feel his emotions as towny ones. And Aubrey was just the same, the towniest posts in D2? Their evaluation of the NK while simultaneously trying to work out their Ari scumread read as a town who is paranoid of the game state and is reading too far into the NK. I think that's particularly hard to make up when you're mafia.

Fireisred: I didn't read Ari, so the entirety of my read on fire comes from fire's posts. From the get go I felt they were towny, but I was afraid their spectator reads were surfacing to the main thread, making him look towny for it and not being actually town etc. But the way he is progressing through D2, always interacting with the thread in an active, solvey manner and interjecting with his own ideas reminds me of pairs mafia and is just about what I expect of him. His soft defend on my slot is a plus as I'm surely a potential miselim that mafia can't afford to townread. In this aspect this is a much different game then the other ones I played as I'm a potential miselim and not a slot that mafia will try to buddy as I still have no sway in the thread.

So speaking of going with the flow, my top two townreads are not universally townread and are in people's POEs. So I'm not going with the flow, I don't think, I'm doing my own work here which highly differentiates from everyone else.

I got no battery left but I'll post my other reads In a bit
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:59 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2170, Gimli wrote:Posts only reactive crap for 80 hours

'if anyone has problems reading me *for whatever reason*'

What's that, you think you should be universally townread?
It annoys me cus what you call reactive crap is just how i play every single game. I wish everyone would accept that and stop pestering me to do something i’m never gonna do. I don’t do GuiltyLion style solving, i don’t do Datisi style wallpost questioning. I don’t post carefully constructed work, don’t expect it.
All i do, is me.

- Bunno
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:01 am

Post by Toto »

Meh
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:21 am

Post by Shirou »

I need a mafia break

mafia games are more draining than I expected

but I'm here to do my last effort in this game before devolving into continuously pushing my reads or dying

(Aka Volpe14)

Return to “Completed Open Games”