Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:07 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Welcome to the Buisness company potluck.

I have worked diligently to prepare ziti for the company

tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:09 pm

Post by Shirou »

@mod if scum has 2 kills saved, and it's 7:4, does it count as ELO due to the fact scum can force a win with abilities?
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:09 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 489, T-Bone wrote:
In post 439, Alisae wrote:
Ah...
Ok. I can see this line of thought coming from you as a villager and it's more helpful than just barking at me.

I would like to go back to my original concern though, I don't really get why your problem with shirou is a problem. Pressuring someone for not voting a suspect seems fine to me so like I don't see the problem?
You understand that I have one of three options, not one of thirteen, right? I didn't say I suspect Pooky, I was walking through my thoughts on what I should do. If I had the choice around the time I made that post I wouldn't have been voting any of Cakez, Gamma, or Pooky. But that's not the reality we live in. I can either vote one of those three or decline to vote.

For me discussing the possibility openly with other players had value. In this case the value ended up being Shirou outting themselves. There's no reason anyone should have said I suspected Pooky because all I literally did was a quick process of elimination about how I might vote.
I'm re-reading. I don't really get the Shirou read. I don't really get where you feel like they implied that you're fosing them, and I also don't see how this is something that scum do? I think it makes sense for you to not be voting right now but I thought Shirou was kind of asking "why aren't you voting just to apply pressure there if you're shading them" so like I just don't get where this inference comes from.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:09 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

What the fuck am I coming back to?

With the caveat that I haven't read anything since my last post whoever did the challenge gets a few scumpoints from me. Going back now.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:12 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 494, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 487, Alisae wrote:it's mostly my towncore posting as well, what do you guys think of furtiveglance?
I assume I am in this

Furative is hard for me to read but I agree with gamma that he seems like he did in temple 4 so far
Ya I think I concur I think his stances just make sense for a villager to have and it seems like he's doing his own thing.
I also thought like a random post about how I was townie that had no reason to happen is also probably townie but I mean I could be susceptible to that kind of thing. Even if I am I think I don't mind not being wary of it for now I can be wary of it later if we get to that point
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:12 pm

Post by Shirou »

I just think right now you're more likely than not scum trying to hard discredit me and your confidence on "having the scum team" doesn't seem like something reasonable to believe in right now

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 503, Haschel Cedricson wrote:What the fuck am I coming back to?

With the caveat that I haven't read anything since my last post whoever did the challenge gets a few scumpoints from me. Going back now.
hi there I'm the challenge issuer
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 499, Shirou wrote:I didn't want to talk about this yet but whatever here goes

One of the things I was waiting for was to see if anyone would buy the scum mystery box, it's why I also didn't want to talk too much about what "scum could do" here. If whatever pooky posted doesn't work as it shouldn't in a
remotely
balanced setup, I believe this is an interesting play that scum could do with it:

The mystery box apparently can be set at any price, and only
townies
can receive it. The points so far are all able to be publicly tracked, and unless for some "secret" mini-game I believe we'll be able to know at least a very good part of how much money/points everyone has. That means if in lategame you made everyone claim what they bought/abilities/points, and then force they to spend their exact amount of money on something just to confirm they're telling the truth, it would out anyone that brought anything in
"secret"
. Therefore stuff like making someone hated secretly, or giving "abilities"/messages to other people in private are all able to be outed eventually.

However, there's a way to not only make us lose track of how much point someone has remaining, but also make some real shenanigans about how the setup works. Let's consider scum A and B.

If scum A somehow managed to have, say, 850 points. And suddenly the scum mystery box came around costing 700 or so, and he claimed to buy it to test the scum team WIFOM, we would all be clueless whether it's a townie telling the truth or not, for all we know he would only have 150 points remaining. Scum can give any ability through the mystery box so even if he later only messaged someone which costs only 200, we wouldn't be able to verify it, he could easily say scum gave him "a useless messenger" and be done with it.

All this means that he would have points that we wouldn't be tracking anymore, and right when scum B has, say, 250 points, and not many other people have the points or interest for the box given the result was pretty bad, the mystery box could come "again" with a discount. People would be disincentivized to buy it given it went badly before, but this time, ~mysteriously~, "scum" gives something "expensive" to this person (scum B). Let's say, a
double vote
even when we knew that person should only have 250 points.

Of course given they're both scum in the scenario they aren't able to buy the real mysterious box, but they could buy the ability "Team Player" (which is PRIVATE) with the points we aren't tracking to give their scum buddy it and falsely confirm them as "town".

The natural reaction would be "oh ok, they are
confirmed town
" because they now have a double vote even when they had less than 400 points. And again, we lost track of another 250 points which they can rise again with the town cred by constantly challenging others and try to falsely confirm another scum again perhaps or just straight up scum side given they're "confirmed".

THIS IS ANOTHER REASON I HATE TRYING TO DOMINATE THE CHALLENGES

Not even *I* am doing it here partially because of that (partially because I'm exhaust :( ). You said correctly that scum wants the points Pooky, but it's you and not me that is trying to early lolchallenge here.

Seeing if anyone would buy or have interest in the mystery box was one of the ways I was trying to sort people here, along with trying to dominate the game to rise the points enough to falsely confirm someone else, and coincidentally as well I think you're one of the few mechanically skilled enough to realize all this Pooky.

I don't understand whatever you're doing here if you're town.
I said me and pooky agreed but I was the one who really had skin in the game :igmeou:
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:18 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 507, Gamma Emerald wrote:I said me and pooky agreed but I was the one who really had skin in the game
That makes it a bit better but it's still beneficial for a scum!Pooky to let you do it

I don't think town!Pooky necessarily says "maybe it's too early" though, my bigger issue with Pooky is just how he has been behaving in the thread in general

(Aka Volpe14)
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:18 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 501, Shirou wrote:
@mod if scum has 2 kills saved, and it's 7:4, does it count as ELO due to the fact scum can force a win with abilities?
Yes
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:21 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 509, Firebringer wrote:
In post 501, Shirou wrote:
Yes

I've no idea how anyone can believe the setup is balanced otherwise.

(Aka Volpe14)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:22 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 508, Shirou wrote:
In post 507, Gamma Emerald wrote:I said me and pooky agreed but I was the one who really had skin in the game
That makes it a bit better but it's still beneficial for a scum!Pooky to let you do it

I don't think town!Pooky necessarily says "maybe it's too early" though, my bigger issue with Pooky is just how he has been behaving in the thread in general
ftr I think it's sus you made that comment, and that's also why I said it like that in the first place
I also know from last time he played with me that he wouldn't be very obstructionist as town, unless maybe if he strongly disagreed about challenging the team I had in mind
<Embrace The Void>

Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:29 pm

In post 506, Gamma Emerald wrote:

The presented reasoning in 299 is thin but has an internal consistency so I don't object on the substance yet.
In post 322, T-Bone wrote:I am left in a spot where I lose my sounding board if Cakez is limmed so I'm not eager to do it. I find neighborhood PTs helpful for my scum hunting. That leaves me with limming Pooky perhaps.
Has Cakez been useful in the neighborhood so far?

Conversely, I would like to ask Cakez about the impression he's gathered of T-Bone from the PT.

Pooky seems town.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 511, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 508, Shirou wrote:

ftr I think it's sus you made that comment, and that's also why I said it like that in the first place
I also know from last time he played with me that he wouldn't be very obstructionist as town, unless maybe if he strongly disagreed about challenging the team I had in mind
Getting points asap to fake confirm a buddy is what I would do here as scum so sorry not sorry I didn't like it, and especially don't like Pooky egging me when I'm not sure many others would have realized the possibility of a fake confirm here because they aren't as interested in scum tactics as me in general

When he asked me about what the theoretical scum plan was, I wondered if he was poking me to see if I had realized all this

I'm not even sure he's scum yet, but it doesn't feel like he's trying to sort me as much as justify I'm scum whatever I do

(Aka Volpe14)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

God I want that ziti
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm actually quite hungry rn
<Embrace The Void>

Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:45 pm

Shirou, what's your read on Alisae?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 512, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 506, Gamma Emerald wrote:

The presented reasoning in 299 is thin but has an internal consistency so I don't object on the substance yet.
In post 322, T-Bone wrote:I am left in a spot where I lose my sounding board if Cakez is limmed so I'm not eager to do it. I find neighborhood PTs helpful for my scum hunting. That leaves me with limming Pooky perhaps.
Has Cakez been useful in the neighborhood so far?

Conversely, I would like to ask Cakez about the impression he's gathered of T-Bone from the PT.

Pooky seems town.
I posted we aint cheaters, then Cakez said we're not cheating. Then I told him I would treat him as town because I find scumhunting the PT a very unfun way to play for reasons I can explain if you really want me to but aren't related to anyone's roles. That's the extent of our postings.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 516, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Shirou, what's your read on Alisae?
I've no read on Alisae up to now

(Aka Volpe14)
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:50 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 297, Freedom wrote:VOTE: Cakez
I asked Penguin and yeah, it's weird for Cakez to not make an effort to contribute.
This is hiding disguised as collboration
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:51 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 519, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 297, Freedom wrote:VOTE: Cakez
I asked Penguin and yeah, it's weird for Cakez to not make an effort to contribute.
This is hiding disguised as collboration
Making me think Freedom/Cakez S/T so I'd like to wait for Cakez' reappearance
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:53 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 472, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 468, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 462, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 248, Thestatusquo wrote:I think the scum team is alisae furtive norwee and then the fourth is a mystery but is not one of HC gamma enchant
@Fen
I have ali and norwee as maybe-scum rn, cakez and shirou are my leading suspects
why is furtive scum for you?
I've played with town furtive twice in a row now and he just feels different.
I'll make you feel different. Different to how you feel now. And therefore exactly the same as you felt before.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 473, Gamma Emerald wrote:ngl I would absolutely bus cakez like this so I don't get why people are like "Gamma wouldn't do this as scum"
Are you flexing?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

H...hot?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:55 pm

In post 518, Shirou wrote:
In post 516, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Shirou, what's your read on Alisae?
I've no read on Alisae up to now
Not even a sense from the PT?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”