Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:59 am

Post by SensFan »

wolframnhart wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Seraphim wrote:Caboose, I also have a question for you: did you send in a night action last night? If you're some sort of power role, then it's very probable that Electra is actually the one lying here. Because if Sens really is telling the truth, then Electra is clearly lying scum. We have both claimed town at this point. We should try and attempt to see if you have any sort of power role in order to prove SensFan's roleclaim.

Because I certainly didn't send in any night actions last night. I'm just vanilla.
I'll describe my role later, but yes, I do have a night action.
Will wait to read this.
Why the hell does it matter? What matters is that he just confirmed my role.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:07 am

Post by Tamuz »

Certainly, why are you putting Caboose under scrutiny right now Wolf when the clear issue is the menage-et-trois we have going on right now.

In fact, I don't think in your last couple points I've read you have said a thing about this triplet wolfram. Are you avoiding talking about it for any certain reason?
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:37 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Three: Vote Count #5

2 SensFan (Caboose, Electra)
1 Electra (Empking)
1 Seraphim (wolframnhart)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is November 20, 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 4 – forbiddanlight, SensFan, Seraphim, Tamuz
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:12 am

Post by wolframnhart »

I am not avoiding talking about the trio at all, i have given my thoughts about them Tamuz, an deven placed my vote on who i believe to be the most scummy. The reason i am waiting to see Caboose's claim is because Sens has outted a power role by claiming his role. Now depending on Caboose's role claim and what it is he did last night with his role could give the town a lot of useful information, and help us figure out who the remaining scum are.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Caboose »

SensFan wrote:
wolframnhart wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Seraphim wrote:Caboose, I also have a question for you: did you send in a night action last night? If you're some sort of power role, then it's very probable that Electra is actually the one lying here. Because if Sens really is telling the truth, then Electra is clearly lying scum. We have both claimed town at this point. We should try and attempt to see if you have any sort of power role in order to prove SensFan's roleclaim.

Because I certainly didn't send in any night actions last night. I'm just vanilla.
I'll describe my role later, but yes, I do have a night action.
Will wait to read this.
Why the hell does it matter? What matters is that he just confirmed my role.
Yes but the question is now is your role a town role or a scum role?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by SensFan »

Why again would my role be a Scum role?
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:29 am

Post by Empking »

I can see its use as a scum role.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:07 am

Post by wolframnhart »

What would its use be to scum? Wouldn't an information finding role like that be more pro-town? Otherwise it is just giving scum more information on possible power roles for them to kill off.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Caboose »

SensFan wrote:Why again would my role be a Scum role?
You can see who has night actions and who doesn't, helps with finding the power roles.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:56 am

Post by SensFan »

Caboose wrote:
SensFan wrote:Why again would my role be a Scum role?
You can see who has night actions and who doesn't, helps with finding the power roles.
True. That's no different than saying a claimed Watcher/Tracker/Role Cop/etc is Scum, though.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Alright. Here's my take on it:

I think that SensFan has a provable claim. In fact, he's already proven his role, unless Caboose is SensFan's partner, which is unlikely IMO. Electra, however, may be lying. SensFan may also be lying about whether or not he is town. So, I'm at a loss. We need to choose to lynch one of them(or perhaps myself, but that hardly proves anything at this point) or not lynch at all.

I'll be completely honest: I'm at a loss.

Do we lynch the Double Tracker or the Alignment Cop or neither? It's a difficult question, and if we make the right decision, I think the town can easily win the game. With only a few days until deadline, who do we think we should kill?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

...*sigh*.

Ok, I've come to a conclusion that will likely be unpopular

Vote Sens Fan
. The way he's defending his claim feels a lot like crap logic and false comparison. "Oh, well Watchers/Trackers/ Role cops can be scum roles too", rather than explaining why the way he used it benefits the town...I don't think I'm explaining it properly, but it feels like Sens is the liar.

Yes, it is still possible Seraphim is lying about his alignment, even if he didn't kill anyone last night (and instead someone else sent the kill)...it's just I feel more vibes from sens then seraphim. I feel the least scum vibes from Electra out of the three.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:50 am

Post by Empking »

How is it a false comparison?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:38 am

Post by SensFan »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Vote Sens Fan
. The way he's defending his claim feels a lot like crap logic and false comparison. "Oh, well Watchers/Trackers/ Role cops can be scum roles too", rather than explaining why the way he used it benefits the town...I don't think I'm explaining it properly, but it feels like Sens is the liar.
The argument against me was literally "That role could benefit Scum, thus Scum role." How is "That can be said of any claim (including Electra's, given the multiple alignments" not a fair defense.

And obviously the use of my role, just like any Tracker/Watcher/Role Cop/Electra's Role/etc... is to bust fakeclaims.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Electra »

I am reluctant to lynch SensFan because he claimed a fairly useful power role.

I feel like logically, of the two, Seraphim is the best lynch - if he's town, then sad, but we do know Sens is scum. If we lynch Sens, and he's telling the truth, then we lost a good power role.

However, I am reluctant to pick between the two because if it goes incorrectly, it's very easy for the consensus to be to vote me the next day, and then I'm fairly certain the town loses. (assuming 8 players left, 2 night kills and 2 incorrect lynches) If we go to night with all three of us alive, then the next day, we either get two more investigations (assuming that Sens's role not alignment is confirmed by Caboose) or confirmation of one of the alignments.

I am sure that at least one of wolf, Empking, and Tamuz is scum, and although it's very late, maybe we should look at them.

Empking - has not made very many posts overall, and never supported any bandwagon. Has never made a post longer than two sentences.

wolf - also did not support the charter wagon, and voted ooba for doing so. attacks me for voting charter, and says "I am still not sold on the charter wagon right now" but is clearly never going to be sold on it. He voted ooba and SSK but not charter. voted Seraphim while the town leaned Sens - mafia trying to differentiate himself? He says Sens broke down my claim, but essentially followed my claim by voting Seraphim.

RandomGem/Tamuz - did not suspect charter, commented on how he has trouble suspecting people on day one, lots of random posts without much content. votes SSK for the hammer being "scummy" despite how SSK already claimed survivor.

I have trouble following Tamuz's posts due to the structure of them, but I don't think there are particular tells.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Actually, another reason I'm voting Sens is Empking's actions. EVERYTHING Emp has said is a DIRECT defense of sens, as if sens can't defend himself. I actually would support an empking lynch if we leave those three alive.

As for lynching seraphim, Logically, that's the right play, but...given my read of the two of them I lean sens at the moment.

The argument against me was literally "That role could benefit Scum, thus Scum role." How is "That can be said of any claim (including Electra's, given the multiple alignments" not a fair defense.

And obviously the use of my role, just like any Tracker/Watcher/Role Cop/Electra's Role/etc... is to bust fakeclaims.
It felt weird, to be honest. I can't explain WHY it felt weird, but it does. I can fully understand if I'm not going to be able to push your lynch because I can't back it up well. But...I dunno, your defense felt awkwardly...not formal, but by the book kinda?

How is it a false comparison?
Mostly the fact that 2 of those three roles have a meta of being protown, I believe.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by SensFan »

forbiddanlight wrote:How is it a false comparison?
Mostly the fact that 2 of those three roles have a meta of being protown, I believe.[/quote]
First of all, no. More importantly, though, this role has no meta.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Electra »

SensFan wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:How is it a false comparison?
Mostly the fact that 2 of those three roles have a meta of being protown, I believe.
First of all, no. More importantly, though, this role has no meta.[/quote]

Who do you want to lynch? I believe you have yet to vote.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by SensFan »

That's right. I haven't decided yet, although I lean towards Seraphim or forbiddan.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by Caboose »

SensFan wrote:That's right. I haven't decided yet, although I lean towards Seraphim or forbiddan.
'
Reason for the FL suspicion?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Making your comparison invalid
That's right. I haven't decided yet, although I lean towards Seraphim or forbiddan.

OMGUS, pretty clearly. Which makes me feel better.
-StrangerCoug

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by SensFan »

Caboose wrote:
SensFan wrote:That's right. I haven't decided yet, although I lean towards Seraphim or forbiddan.
'
"The role could help Scum, so its probably Scum, I think. I can't really explain it. Oh, and you can't compare it to the roles it was probably based off of, since they have a meta of being Town."
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by SensFan »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Making your comparison invalid
Umm...no. It was very clearly based off of Watcher/Tracker/Role Cop. It accomplishes a little of all of them, in a sense.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

"The role could help Scum, so its probably Scum, I think. I can't really explain it. Oh, and you can't compare it to the roles it was probably based off of, since they have a meta of being Town."
ie, OMGUS. Anyone who's played with me will quite well realize I ALWAYS have this problem, and it frustrates me when I'm right.
-StrangerCoug

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by SensFan »

forbiddanlight wrote:

ie, OMGUS. Anyone who's played with me will quite well realize I ALWAYS have this problem, and it frustrates me when I'm right.
a) I don't believe I've every played with you
b) You just admitted my reasoning wasn't OMGUS
c) You threw in Appeal to Emotion

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”