Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:36 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 586, Una wrote:VOTE: NorwegianboyEE
I don't need much incentive here since I already found the slot scummy.

I dislike secrete meta tell preservation though it's kinda angleshooting
Did you read the dance game?
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:51 pm

Post by Shirou »

What do you think of my slot in regards to Norwe push Una? Just Curious.
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:44 am

Post by Lucian »

Hello, how many posts in the last 8 pages are actually worth reading?

I did see that Shirou wants to murder Norwee, has reasoning been provided yet? Other than the "I know how to read Norwee, sheep me pls".
I, too, have a destiny.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:23 am

Post by Toto »

I don’t think so. I’m personally waiting for things to get nasty before I decide to murder blonde anime girl or not.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 603, Toto wrote:I don’t think so. I’m personally waiting for things to get nasty before I decide to murder blonde anime girl or not.
can you not? Like, why does shit have to get personal for you to decide?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:42 am

Post by Aristeia »

nsg tell?
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:48 am

Post by Toto »

It’s just my way of reading people. For example, I think thats a towntell for gamma.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:48 am

Post by Aubrey »

I’ll VOTE: Ari

This is the second time you’ve just sheeped a vote it feels like.

Nboy isn’t much better, but a majority of the wagon isn’t vibe’n with me. But it is a anime girl, so ~

@Lucian, that’s pretty much the gist.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:54 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Are you seriously not going to explain anything Shirou. Unbelievable.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:58 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Like i’m sorry but this is probably one of my biggest fucking pet peeves in mafia. And probably the best argument for using alts. When someone does some "trust me bro" tell that they don’t even have the common decency to explain. Yeah so you wanna keep a shitty tell that doesn’t work "hidden" lol.
Can’t wait for you to explain it when i flip and you know it’s an awful tell.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:59 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Ari should flip after me, no hesistance about it. Turboflip them.

- Bunno
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:08 am

Post by Aristeia »

"Turboflip her"
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: pina

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:19 am

Post by giuseppina »

happy birthday gamma emerald
you are unique (and oceans are featureless a mass of drops that cannot be distinguished) and love is no detective
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:21 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 597, Toto wrote:Tgp made some good posts?
You are ok with norwee vote but very wary of ari…

Tell me more!
good

also @sircakez was norwegianboyee the secret scumread, or?
you are unique (and oceans are featureless a mass of drops that cannot be distinguished) and love is no detective
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:55 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 195, Toto wrote:Ok. Since you are tryharding to be scumread you can be on the team.
toto is towny
In post 204, Shirou wrote:
In post 200, Gamma Emerald wrote:I would appreciate an elaboration on what’s going thru your mind, Shirou
Doesn’t have to be now, tho
Maybe one day

Re:reading the game I think I may have a decent scum read, I'll wait to see how it progresses before discussing

Goodnight
i think soft-hinting at a scumread but not saying it (as opposed to not hinting at it at all, or just revealing it) seems slightly scum indicative
In post 220, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 38, Una wrote:Shirou is town
I don’t like this for example.
Very early, confident, and bold claim on Shirou’s allignment. Shirou being town here suggests to me it could be pocketing attempt. Scum like to identify strong town early and townread them so they get in good relations with potential trouble later on, even if the town player in question hasn’t looked town at all yet because it’s too early in the game to tell.
I think i can be so bold to say that i’m the best player at reading Shirou here and i did not trust them by post 38 which is when you posted this.
In post 481, Aubrey wrote:I agree with Gamma. We're two days in on page 20 with a number of people who are not caught up. Not to be the fun killer here, but maybe we should limit the goofy silly posts for a bit. I too am to blame for a few of them. I'm kinda worried with how many silent slots we have right now. Sir Cakes, BBT, TGP

I even feel like I need to do rereading, but that just seems daunting.
In post 483, Shirou wrote:I believe contrary to what you may expect, convincing continuous fluff posting is harder for scum than "solving"/faking reads.

There's a reason that the "NSG/skitter tell" exists in my worldview.
In post 494, Una wrote:You can also have more fun if you fluffpost. The effectivity stuff is also true.
A really good scum strategy is to fluffpost in the scum PT to have the same amount of fun, but seriouspost in the game thread because seriouspost is easier as scum. I do that most times that I roll scum.
In post 512, Toto wrote:This game should have at least one dayvig. Shitposting would go down a bit.
woah, activity + speed caught me off guard. my expectation is that i will be absent due to RL for 24 hour periods but avoid doing so for 48h+ periods. My guess is that fluffposting in thread is slightly town indicative but a tragic equilibrium to chase, I remember when entire games used to be 25 pages and wish we had more geriatrics..

In post 531, Shirou wrote:I'll say something before going though:

If you
don't
sheep me on Norwe when I've never been wrong about scum!him yet (and do often identify town!him relatively easily)...

You're, in fact, almost
THROWING

I know some of you don't trust me too much due to the recent MariaR stuff but I'll literally
"eat my shoes"
if Norwe flips town here so far.

Night.
In post 532, Shirou wrote:VOTE: NorwegianboyEE
VOTE: NorwegianboyEE
In post 541, Shirou wrote:Pina we are voting Norwe, and then the moderator is gonna come, and then lock the thread, and then post final VC, give us a very likely red flip, and then god knows what waits us for Day 2.

I don't want to make this more dramatic than it needs to be. I don't want to make this more toxic than it needs to be.

I just want to eliminate what to me is almost confirmed scum from how much I know about him. Can you help me
please
?

I'm likely gonna get this wagon it's just a question of if it's gonna be nice or nasty.
In post 562, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I realize you might think you are the biggest expert and Mastina/GultyLion was wrong but you are not, but just because you've known me for long doesn't mean you will get it right everytime. Just like i could easily get you wrong now. But i don't believe i am. You are town tunneling.

i guess my final take here is VOTE: Shirou. The general thought process here is that when you tunnel someone day 1 in this setup you are not much more likely than 3/13 to be right, and suggesting "lim me afterwards if I'm wrong" in my limited experience never actually happens (like, you are at very low risk to be powerlimmed the day after). Tunneling someone off secret meta is a very great way for scum to get a lim on a townie and then later get townread for it, putting nothing on the line for it. Like it's not like your reputation of successfully reading norwee scum is on the line if you're scum, which means I should update towards being suspicious that you're like "lim me even though I'm town if norwee flips town even though I'm scum"

I'm fine with voting Norwee based only off Shirou saying that they're scum and that they have historically correct private meta tells in this regard if Shirou puts actual (instead of perceived) skin in the game (e.g. by committing to immediately self vote d2 and not defend themselves). If not, then please stop the "you are THROWING if you don't vote norwee" rhetoric; it seems very falsely overconfident to me.
I don't have a strong personal read on Norwee; my experience is that when they're town they seem to feel pretty obviously town and that doesn't seem true here, but I'm sure as hell not more than 1/3 or so confident in Norwee!scum.

(Note that I'm somewhat unfamiliar w/ site meta since about 2020 and if it turns out people get elimmed d2 after tunneling d1 i apologize).
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:14 am

Post by Aubrey »

While it’s painful to admit, I’d argue Shirou has actually progressed the game in a positive light. She’s been in a general good place with the majority that I don’t see her as mafia needing to push this as hard as she has TGP. She could have easily continued on as she was putting minimal effort in and slyly moved forward if she was mafia.

I feel like your push on her is more of a “I dislike your method” over a “your method is mafia indicative.” Though I appreciate your input and have a general like’n of you. I’d be more worried that her outburst is more of an attempt to seem like try hard town as mafia if anything, but I just don’t think she needs it based on how the game has progressed.
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:25 am

Post by giuseppina »

@thegoldenparadox thoughts on lucian/aubrey?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:35 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Tgp is probably town for that.

- Bunno
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:38 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 617, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Tgp is probably town for that.
eh scumreading someone who is active and generally being townread by the game is a pretty good way to occupy your time as a scums

is it something more than ‘i don’t think a scums would push shirou here’?
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:46 am

Post by giuseppina »

(also if i squint the responses to first two quotes thegoldenparadox commented on feel like

hmm

very similar? to posts i had just made

but may be a coincidence of course as discussed earlier

but like, the toto is towny and then the look shirou is scummy for having a secret read when i have just said a toto post was good asked about sircakez’s secret read,

maybe i am meant to say, ah maybe it is scummy and sircakez’s having a secret read is scummy! or maybe i am meant to think, ah similar thoughts! thegoldenparadox is probably town! or maybe simply a coincidence

but there have been A Lot of posts since thegoldenparadox last posted and those are the ones he chose to comment on)
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:48 am

Post by SirCakez »

UNVOTE: no hammer yet
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:48 am

Post by Una »

604 and 606 are towny

I think Shirou was kinda meming with "vote norwee or throw" but if he was serious it's silly yes.
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:53 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 620, SirCakez wrote:UNVOTE: no hammer yet
was norwegianboyee the secret scumread? if not, who/what/why/when/how?
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:02 am

Post by Lucian »

I don't think Shirou should be townread for not doing anything and then deciding to actually do something like this. He was already getting comments about being scum, and a lot of this game is familiar with New Year Dance, where he was pretty confident about things and pushing the game forward. Not saying he's scum for it. But also I am annoyed about there not being an actual case or anything on Norwee.

is probably townie. Persistence that scum doesn't bother faking much, I think.
I, too, have a destiny.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:07 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 622, giuseppina wrote:
In post 620, SirCakez wrote:UNVOTE: no hammer yet
was norwegianboyee the secret scumread? if not, who/what/why/when/how?
No it's not secret if I'm voting them lol
I'm still holding that one for now cuz they are not dying today
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Open Games”