Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count

MiteyMouse 1 - (Elmo)
Zeppo007 1 - (StrangerCoug)
StrangerCoug 2 - (Zeppo007, Corvuus)
Atlas 1 - (Ythill)
Apothecary - 1 (MacavityLock)

Not voting 5 - (Apothecary, Atlas, Cephrir, LLamaFluff, MiteyMouse)

With eleven players alive, it takes six votes to lynch.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Moving on to SC (@Ythill – I have the night shift at work tonight, I will look at Atlas more then). I don’t like the Ceph vote from him. SC voted for EG due to an unwillingness to explain a vote, but when Ceph joined the wagon without explaination he moved the vote to him. This just seems a little off since both player commit the same defense. Given that it is the same offense, I don’t understand a motivation to move your vote from one player to the other, unless Cephs vote was somehow scummier. This vote also left with no real explanation to removing it.

Speculation as I have already stated is just bad, the fact that we have someone speculating about third part roles always irks me when there is no evidence for them even existing.

The whole Primate thing is still confusing. SC votes for Cor because he is voting for Primate which SC seems to of called a town distraction tactic more then anything else. It is kind of ironic that by doing this a even bigger distraction emerges from this in the ensuing debate between SC and Cor. I guess his unvote when Cor and Ceph left the wagon proves that it was more of a defense of Primate then anything else, but it just seemed like it was a bit dramatic.

Cors case on SC is good. One of the more damning points that was left out though was that SC has not really been doing any scumhunting in this game. There have been mostly votes that last for a page or two when other players fail to explain their actions well enough. This is good and all getting explainations, but there is a constant abandonment of the current vote one reasoning is explained.

The calling of asking Primate not to be replaced is pretty scummy too. There is no reason for town to ever want a player who is going to voluntarily complicate the game left in it, if there is a way to get them replaced instead. If anything asking for him getting replaced is a small town tell.

This whole game SC has just been jumping from vote to vote on slight reasoning, and abandoning every case when they player corrects or explains what SC asked them too. At this point Zeppo is the only one I have seen him take a more solid stance on, and even there I don’t think it’s a strong scum read by him.

Vote coming tonight after some more reading
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Zeppo007
Zeppo007
Townie
Zeppo007
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Zeppo007 »

Just checking in...Good to see the replacements making some posts. I'm at work til Tuesday morning PST and will be LA until that time. I have some thoughts I would like to post, but I don't trust the connection here at work to make a long drawn out post.
"Life is short and hard like a body building elf"
-Jimmy Pop Ali - Bloodhound Gang
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:06 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Ok, after a bit more reading, I am going to

Vote Apoc

The last time I started talking about him I got a bit of a response in suspicions, with any luck I will get a response to my case and maybe a case of his own.
Co-host of The USL Show
Apothecary
Apothecary
Goon
Apothecary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:23 am

Post by Apothecary »

Wait, what?
I've responded to your case! In the final few posts of the previous page!
What purpose does your vote serve when I've already answered?
Show
Snake, snake, Cobra, Cobra...
----------------------------
Total:
Killed (Night): one
Lynched: None
Won: Once (rather epicly!)
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Corvuus »

Wow, this is suddenly moving really fast.

First off, I was already re-reading and now I need to catch up and re-read again.

Immediate response to things that I think I need to say/respond to

- Ythill.

I'm not completely a 'my way or the high way type person'. I just judged that is what I needed to be in this game.

At first, I viewed Primate's posts as amusing and a bit of unusualness, and then it just suddenly irked me when I couldn't get much meta/tells out of it and all the possibilities that meant. I didn't think about it too deeply initially since it wasn't an 'auto-scum' and only so-so anti-town but just something to be explained, so i made my initial lazy half-assed post on him for him to respond to just to see what he could do.

Then when people began to defend him/speak for him, etc. I got incredibly annoyed and decided I have to be "my way or the high way type" and crush everything that defends Primate until I get an answer out of Primate. I was willing to offend, ignore, and attack anyone or anything that tried to let Primate go without answering (mainly SC). Once Primate answered, I was fine with it, but if I wasn't like a mad bulldog then I don't know if he would have answered or if town would just 'drop' it and move on.

and then, once I decided I needed to be this way, I felt that I should be this way, all the way.... but only when I think I will get something out of it.

---------------------------

- Maccavitylock

i just re-read what I said and did, and in hindsight, I could have done things better. That is why I said I messed up, and I shouldn't have gone too overboard in that sense.

.... reading and will post more thoughts later today (hopefully just hours).

Corvuus
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:59 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Apothecary wrote:Wait, what?
I've responded to your case! In the final few posts of the previous page!
What purpose does your vote serve when I've already answered?
You can respond more in depth to my 301. Maybe present a case that is a few paragraphs in length. Right now I have no idea where you stand on quite a few vocal issues, which to me is scummy.
Co-host of The USL Show
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by Ythill »

A well-known fact about Ythill: Mondays and Tuesdays are usually quite LA for me, b/c they are the only days I get to spend evening hours with my wife. And b/c poker night is Tuesday.

So, yeah, I know that I need to respond to Atlas and now Corvus but other games took up all of my Monday time (and then some) so don't expect much wordiness out of me until Wednesday. I will check in occasionally in case something is needed right away.

Peace.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Zeppo007
Zeppo007
Townie
Zeppo007
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Zeppo007 »

Ok as promised here is my post.

at this time my top three suspects are in order:

SC - Some scummy behavior over the past (RL) days came in and defended MM from Macavity's attack over the OMGUS thing. Whenever I see other players do this it pings on my scumdar.

MM - just for the reason that SC came to her defense.

Apoc - I'm liking Llama's case I was thinking along the same lines and then my router decided to take a Vacation and I forgot about what I was gonna post. Reading Llama's post brought those suspicions back to the forefront of my brain.

I like both Corv and Macavity as Town players at this time and see them as the least suspicious everyone else is pretty much neutral to me at this time.

oh and welcome to Elmo, Ythill, and Llama.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:14 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Zeppo007 wrote:I like both Corv and Macavity as Town players at this time and see them as the least suspicious everyone else is pretty much neutral to me at this time.
Why Corvuus and MacavityLock as town?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:19 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Zeppo007 wrote:MM - just for the reason that SC came to her defense.
That's weird. You think a player is scummy because of another player's posts about them? Especially when we don't even know whether that player (SC in this case) is scum or not. Is there anything else that makes you think MM is scummy?

In other news, IGMEOY, but I'm coming around to Corvuus as over-aggresive town. His most recent posts have been much better.

I need to read up on Atlas. He's been getting a good amount of attention, and I can't say I have a strong opinion about him one way or the other.

Apoc, as far as I can see, your explanations of your actions don't make them any less scummy. At the very least, some scum-hunting by you might go a long way.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Elmo »

Irony.
Unvote
vote
:
StrangerCoug

Llamafluff, who are Apocs buddies? Why's he more deserving of your vote than SC?
Zeppo007 wrote:MM - just for the reason that SC came to her defense.
SC is that scummy? Also, scum are that blatant? You seem to be a human echo, at the moment - why is that?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Elmo wrote:Irony.
Unvote
vote
:
StrangerCoug

Llamafluff, who are Apocs buddies? Why's he more deserving of your vote than SC?
Part of my reasoning for trying to get reasoning out of him is to help find this out. I have seen games where its been a lurkfest where no one gives any suspects only to be stuck in late game with no one being able to make a case.

I could see SC with him pretty easily since Apoc is one of the only people he has ignored and fence sat on. Maybe Atlas but I still think she is likely town based on play.

I just want to see Apoc take some stances and give opinions mostly. Its pretty rare for lurkers to get killed by scum, so they make it to the endgame and you have nothing to go on. The vote is part based on being scummy, but also part based on planning for later stages of the game. A few decent posts from Apoc though and I probably will be voting SC.
Co-host of The USL Show
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by Corvuus »

Hi SC,
StrangerCoug wrote:
Zeppo007 wrote:- Scondly I'm seeing Corvuus's actions as more over-exuberant town than scummy at this point.
That's what I'm leaning towards as well, and I can see what his argument is.
StrangerCoug wrote:
Zeppo007 wrote:I like both Corv and Macavity as Town players at this time and see them as the least suspicious everyone else is pretty much neutral to me at this time.
Why Corvuus and MacavityLock as town?
I read through Ythill and others posts, and was trying to get a handle on everything and then I decided to try to do a PBPA on you SC... and I am confused on a few points. (mainly because you haven't really posted much, or arguably just 'fluff' posts).

A lot of the discussion has you as #1 (or perhaps #2) on many player's lists. I haven't seen you really comment or say anything about this, or what was previously discussed before. Any comments on Primate/Ythill or anything substantial you wish to contribute?

In particular, I would like to hear your top 3 list and what do you think of Zeppo?

Corvuus
Apothecary
Apothecary
Goon
Apothecary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by Apothecary »

Personally, after reading through that post, I do believe that SC is scum. I don't want to basically reiterate what you've already said, as that seems a little pointless. You outline good arguements on everyone.

Macavity has been doing a lot of discussion since the beginning of the game, so I believe he's townie. He picks up on a lot of points and gets people talking. I think he's been doing a lot of scum hunting.

I do think Zeppo is breathing a little much into SC coming to MM's defense. But he's just searching for any tells that might help further the game. He's also quite analytical of posts at times.

Also, I still think that Cephrir is scum. Especially if you read page 3.
Show
Total:
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

I guess thats a start. It would be nice to hear why you think SC is scum more then "what others said", and Ceph at all since he is pretty neutral to me right now. The fact that the post was almost just like I expected it makes me a little paranoid, but I might just be naive so who really knows. Just elaborate a bit if you can to keep me from going insane over if I am letting this go too easily or not.

unvote
vote StrangerCoug
Co-host of The USL Show
Apothecary
Apothecary
Goon
Apothecary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:34 am

Post by Apothecary »

Well, on page 3 he tried to pull a quicklynch on Evilgorrilaz (when he was playing), and when prompted to give a reason, he simply said "later". Personally, I believe that's a little stupid. I believe (when you're pas the random voting stage) that you have to give your reasons to vote on someone. Keeping them concealed and not telling pretty much leaves most others (like me) thinking there is no reasoning behind it, or it might be a scum at work, trying to scrape a quick kill.
He then backs behind a shield of "I did it to get reactions" and "to get us out of the random voting stage".
That's just a little suspect for me. Or maybe I'm just overly paranoid.
Show
Total:
Zeppo007
Zeppo007
Townie
Zeppo007
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:59 am

Post by Zeppo007 »

ok to answer both Macavity and Elmo's questions about the weak reasoning against MM as being scummy. Others have built some evidence against her. That was just the one thing that stuck in my head that was off, and had happened recently. I didn't want to come off as echoing others cases to much.

As to my reasons about thinking Macavity and Corv are townish. I play by my gut reactions alot, so while I was typing that last post when I thought of townie players those two names were the first to pop into my head.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:32 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Zeppo007, bolding mine wrote:ok to answer both Macavity and Elmo's questions about the weak reasoning against MM as being scummy. Others have built some evidence against her. That was just the one thing that stuck in my head that was off, and had happened recently.
I didn't want to come off as echoing others cases to much.
Is it just me, or does this read like "I'm manufacturing a case." to anybody else?
FoS: Zeppo
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Cephrir »

Apothecary wrote:Well, on page 3 he tried to pull a quicklynch on Evilgorrilaz (when he was playing), and when prompted to give a reason, he simply said "later". Personally, I believe that's a little stupid. I believe (when you're pas the random voting stage) that you have to give your reasons to vote on someone. Keeping them concealed and not telling pretty much leaves most others (like me) thinking there is no reasoning behind it, or it might be a scum at work, trying to scrape a quick kill.
He then backs behind a shield of "I did it to get reactions" and "to get us out of the random voting stage".
That's just a little suspect for me. Or maybe I'm just overly paranoid.
Wow... really? First off, I never "tried to get a quicklynch". I never, ever, had even the slightest intention to lynch anyone on page 3 and I probably never will. It seems to me that you've taken what is really a reasonable action that isn't really a tell and put scummy motives behind it that are just stupid... even
scum
wouldn't be stupid enough to lynch someone on page 3, and if someone did quicklynch him then great, we just found scum. As I've explained a lot of times, if I gave my reasons at the time (to get reactions both from him and others) i woud have been utterly self-defeating. That's like pressure voting someone and telling them it's just for pressure; if they know you don't really find them suspicious they won't actually feel pressured.

So basically... What makes you think I wasn't being genuine?
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Corvuus »

My time has become fairly restricted now, I may post less or replace out of some of my other games at some point :(.

At any rate, I have a fairly newbie question/stance and I don't have the time to edit it to make myself sound intelligent or whatever, so here it is.

1st point -> Most people seem to have SC as scummy and are either willing to vote for him now, or if no one else pops up as more scummy. It doesn't seem like people are going after SC to respond or say anything at all though... which seems weird to me. I want him to post more since I am not 100% convinced yet, and I don't think others are either.

2nd point -> SC... isn't really responding or defending himself. I don't really get why not either. Maybe it is just mindgames for me to assume so, but if SC defended himself fairly decently and actually did some scumhunting then I could see him getting out of being lynched and if he was town, then he would attempt to do so... instead he is just kind of fluffing around and waiting for himself to die. Either non-helpful townie or scum resigned to his fate.... either way, I figure he would say or do something unless him saying more could be harmful to his 'team'.

3rd point -> at some point players start talking about scum buddies, and linking players and such. Frankly, this freaks me out.

Maybe I am just totally new to this, but linking players BEFORE a scum is lynched, is incredibly anti-town/scummy to me. It is like setting players up to take a fall.

Of course, town could do it if they legitimately think the players are individually scummy, but when conversation is, "who are the scum buddies", "who is he buddying with, I can imagine it with SC", etc. it makes me worry.

Sure, it may be legitimate scumhunting and such, getting pressure and getting reactions to get tells.

But what happens if SC *is* scum and we do lynch him, and then we all look back... and scum had already decided to BUS SC and set up 'fall guys' to balance it all out.

Then we spend time lynching the 'linked' players just because they were linked somehow regardless of their individual town/scum-tells.

This strikes me as incredibly bad. My 'interpretation' was that it is mainly as individuals right now (town, anti-town, scum-tells) and then once you do get a scum lynched then you can actually make informed scum buddy analysis.

Analyzing scum buddy before knowing any scum... is just... weird to me.

I made a overly large leap in tying Primate and SC together, and trying to force them to respond mainly because I wanted reactions and comments (since neither were stating anything about the other) and what better way than to say that they are buddies (which should freak almost anyone out)... I didn't 100% believe that they are buddies but it was to get a reaction and get them to post on each other.

If that is the meaning of the questioning/buddy linking going on, then I can understand it. It is for reactions.

However, some of the comments and way that things are said strike me as 'setting' up and that bothers me.

The various scenarios in my mind ... just aren't good. I would have been perfectly willing to wait 'forever' for Primate to return and SC and Primate to post on each other. Instead, Primate replaces out and we get Ythill who does state things against SC.... but... SC doesn't really comment or defend... just says "interesting insights".

I don't get it.

I have ideas on what others have written and said but... the one glaring thing that always comes back to me is what I considered optimum move for town:

1. We don't know if SC is scum or not, we exert pressure/voting him/ and getting a response out of him and let him defend himself. No intent to quicklynch.

2. If he defends himself well and we think he is town, we move on. If he fails, and we think he is scum, then we can talk about it more and still do other things (he isn't going anywhere) but at least we would "know" and can make informed decision, analysis and buddy/linking.

It just seems this course of action is more real and concrete to analyze and look at instead of just linking other players before we know enough about SC (seriously he hasn't said enough to be 100% scum).

The only argument I could have against myself posting this and saying this 'outloud' is that scum would then hide their buddying and severe their connection with SC, etc. but... I believe it has already been done and now it is just trying to buddy/link players who haven't realized it yet.

So... I would like to hear what everyone thinks about this. SC is still my #1 and I would love to hear his thoughts on several things.

I will also say that those being linked seem more pro-town to me and those linking seem more scummy to me. (unless they or others can prove otherwise or show that I am wrong, etc.)

Corvuus
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:53 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Corvuus wrote:Any comments on Primate/Ythill or anything substantial you wish to contribute?
I'm surprised that the post restriction was voluntary, and Ythill's been more pro-town than Primate was.
Corvuus wrote:In particular, I would like to hear your top 3 list and what do you think of Zeppo?
Zeppo007 is actually still my #1 suspect and current vote for the rolefishing thing already discussed, and I believe Macavity's #318.

Cephrir is my #2 for reasons already stated, mainly his withholding his reason for voting Evilgorillaz and finally answering by saying he was trying to get us out of the random voting stage (which I don't buy—there are more pro-town ways to go about it).

Apothecary's misrepresenting Cephrir (L-3 vote ≠ quicklynch vote) and his using my actions to make MiteyMouse suspicious make him my #3.
Corvuus wrote:SC... isn't really responding or defending himself. I don't really get why not either. Maybe it is just mindgames for me to assume so, but if SC defended himself fairly decently and actually did some scumhunting then I could see him getting out of being lynched and if he was town, then he would attempt to do so... instead he is just kind of fluffing around and waiting for himself to die. Either non-helpful townie or scum resigned to his fate.... either way, I figure he would say or do something unless him saying more could be harmful to his 'team'.
If I don't have anything new to add, I generally don't post. I'm not resigning to my fate; people are already saying what I wanted to say.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Corvuus wrote:In particular, I would like to hear your top 3 list and what do you think of Zeppo?
Zeppo007 is actually still my #1 suspect and current vote for the rolefishing thing already discussed.
I still think this is a weak case. That really wasnt rolefishing rereading it, I would call it sarcasam before anything else. There are no roles that will give an investigation result during D1, so to me it was more of a "well you cant back it up with a role, so what was it" statement.

@Cor - I am not completely sure what you are getting at in the last post. You seem suddenly conflicted over if you should be voting for SC or not given that he isnt defending himself, and no one is really defending him. During D1, there are no definant links to follow since we dont know any roles yet. Once roles start showing up we can work on that section of the game. D1 we should be lynching the player who seems scummiest independent of interactions, since we may be making false assumptions of other players, and having that cause our vote to land in the wrong place. If SC is the scummiest, vote him. If he isnt, dont.
Co-host of The USL Show
Atlas
Atlas
Goon
Atlas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Atlas »

Cougar wrote:I'm surprised that the post restriction was voluntary...
Earlier you said "I don't associate post restrictions with mini normals." Can you explain this?

I disagree with #316; what he interpreted of Cephir's vote, at least. The logic is sound but I doubt it really applies to Cephir for reasons he has stated a hundred million times.
Zeppo wrote:As to my reasons about thinking Macavity and Corv are townish. I play by my gut reactions alot, so while I was typing that last post when I thought of townie players those two names were the first to pop into my head.
Huh, you kind of evaded the question there.

I'm sad. No one is really talking about me. :cry:
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Corvuus wrote:1. We don't know if SC is scum or not, we exert pressure/voting him/ and getting a response out of him and let him defend himself. No intent to quicklynch.
This is fail because you just told SC of your intent.

Other than that, Corvuus' post really makes me think he is town.
SC wrote:Cephrir is my #2 for reasons already stated, mainly his withholding his reason for voting Evilgorillaz and finally answering by saying he was trying to get us out of the random voting stage (which I don't buy—there are more pro-town ways to go about it).
... :(

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”