Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:30 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 2273, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2270, Gimli wrote:furtive, what's your read on maria?
Seems really town to me. Really town. Not just saying that because I want to live, in the PT Maria is very towny
100% Survival mode
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:30 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2275, Shirou wrote:
In post 2273, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2270, Gimli wrote:furtive, what's your read on maria?
Seems really town to me. Really town. Not just saying that because I want to live, in the PT Maria is very towny
100% Survival mode
Are you calling me scum now?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:31 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 2265, Gimli wrote:what do you think of these wagons? are you voting maria for maria, or for furtive? how about unowen and vpbaltar?
i think furative is more likely to be scum at this point. he seems invested in living this game without providing reads or any indication he's playing, which makes me think he's obligated to be alive, because he's scum.

i think mariar has a low chance of being scum. i liked her predecessor a lot for town

as far as unowen and vpb i think there's scum equity there, moreso on vpb's side imo, but not enough for me to vote there at the moment.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:31 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2268, Shirou wrote:I will tone down if I am wrong on MariaR.

Guys, please?

The MariaR/Furt shouldn't be one of the last two pairs anyway.
Who should be the last two pairs then?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:32 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2277, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 2265, Gimli wrote:what do you think of these wagons? are you voting maria for maria, or for furtive? how about unowen and vpbaltar?
i think furative is more likely to be scum at this point. he seems invested in living this game without providing reads or any indication he's playing, which makes me think he's obligated to be alive, because he's scum.

i think mariar has a low chance of being scum. i liked her predecessor a lot for town

as far as unowen and vpb i think there's scum equity there, moreso on vpb's side imo, but not enough for me to vote there at the moment.
This is complete BS. All I've done is rep in and vote off a pair which contained Mafia.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:34 am

shirou if furative is scum and mariar is town i expect you to re-eval my slot
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:35 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Just ignoring me now^^
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:36 am

Post by furtiveglance »

No one pushing us is actually addressing the most important info about me which is my correct vote yesterday, and the fact we were a CW to scum. I feel invisible
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:37 am

Hmm. I'll think about it
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2235, MariaR wrote:This is bringing me back to late 2018 when everyone was so scared of my wolf game I'd just get pushed regardless even if the case was disproven. Although, if it was late 2018 I'd be posting a ton of ate kek. I think I'm gonna just read up on my townreads.
Do you think people are voting you out of fear? Because that's certainly a take.

As far as the Shea/Ari interaction, I've been thinking a lot about that actually. That interaction was so weird and felt very unnatural when it was happening. I mentioned this to Owen in our PT, but it was just such an obscure thing that they were both arguing and I did not get it at all. Maybe it was Ari contorting, but it also seems to be that it could have felt so unnatural because it was truly theatrical distancing.

For people not named Maria and furtive, I think the correct play is to follow Shirou here. We've caught two scum so far that align with Shirou's viewpoint. I don't think M/F should live to endgame, so I don't see so much value in not letting this ride. My personal top choice today would be to lim Irrel/STD team, but Shirou has bought enough good will that I'm willing to trust there for another one. If he's wrong, we can shift tactics tomorrow.

Someone said something about sheeping GL, which isn't terrible, but I'd be more inclined if I felt like he was as fully invested in the game as Shirou. I think GL would willingly say that's not the case.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:47 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2284, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2235, MariaR wrote:This is bringing me back to late 2018 when everyone was so scared of my wolf game I'd just get pushed regardless even if the case was disproven. Although, if it was late 2018 I'd be posting a ton of ate kek. I think I'm gonna just read up on my townreads.
Do you think people are voting you out of fear? Because that's certainly a take.

As far as the Shea/Ari interaction, I've been thinking a lot about that actually. That interaction was so weird and felt very unnatural when it was happening. I mentioned this to Owen in our PT, but it was just such an obscure thing that they were both arguing and I did not get it at all. Maybe it was Ari contorting, but it also seems to be that it could have felt so unnatural because it was truly theatrical distancing.

For people not named Maria and furtive, I think the correct play is to follow Shirou here. We've caught two scum so far that align with Shirou's viewpoint. I don't think M/F should live to endgame, so I don't see so much value in not letting this ride. My personal top choice today would be to lim Irrel/STD team, but Shirou has bought enough good will that I'm willing to trust there for another one. If he's wrong, we can shift tactics tomorrow.

Someone said something about sheeping GL, which isn't terrible, but I'd be more inclined if I felt like he was as fully invested in the game as Shirou. I think GL would willingly say that's not the case.
??????

Yeah let's vote out a random pair I don't even scumread just because my townread wants it

Are you really that kind of player?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2282, furtiveglance wrote:No one pushing us is actually addressing the most important info about me which is my correct vote yesterday, and the fact we were a CW to scum. I feel invisible
I'll address it by saying that fire&ydrasse were as much or more of the counterwagon yesterday. I think it's very possible that we were running up two scum yesterday
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2285, furtiveglance wrote:Yeah let's vote out a random pair I don't even scumread just because my townread wants it

You think I haven't scum read Shea/Maria this game? You also seem heavily invested in survivalism more than scum hunting. Your squad is not a bad bet at all for scum, even if there are some doubts I have on each of you.
YOUR AD HERE

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:53 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2287, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2285, furtiveglance wrote:Yeah let's vote out a random pair I don't even scumread just because my townread wants it

You think I haven't scum read Shea/Maria this game? You also seem heavily invested in survivalism more than scum hunting. Your squad is not a bad bet at all for scum, even if there are some doubts I have on each of you.
If Maria is somehow red, I'm a clown. But they aren't. So you're a clown.

I'm not gonna sit here and take this. Was waiting on GL to be my Superman but apparently not.

I think Gimli is Town but STD is just lazy scum

VOTE: SaveTheDragons/Gimli
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:54 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i’m not voting mariar/furtive, sorry
nothing said so far has made me really go “waow” case wise
i strongly believe a scum tsq does not act as he does in this game
furtive is less town imo but beyond being a quieter player he’s done nothing that i think is egregiously scummy in his time in the game.

i will say that 2284 set off some alarms just now because i don’t know if vp baltar shirks responsibility onto another player like that and does it at a time when one of the the other clearest alternatives is his pair being voted. maybe i’m being too harsh on what i think of vpb as a player but it felt very complacent

id consider voting gimli the slot hasn’t impressed on rep in and seemed mired in asking easy questions that were answered in setup post, std isn’t super towny but i’m not like -_- there either. i don’t feel great about it as an alternative tho

meuh/owen are preferred
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:58 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2289, Ydrasse wrote:i’m not voting mariar/furtive, sorry
nothing said so far has made me really go “waow” case wise
i strongly believe a scum tsq does not act as he does in this game
furtive is less town imo but beyond being a quieter player he’s done nothing that i think is egregiously scummy in his time in the game.

i will say that 2284 set off some alarms just now because i don’t know if vp baltar shirks responsibility onto another player like that and does it at a time when one of the the other clearest alternatives is his pair being voted. maybe i’m being too harsh on what i think of vpb as a player but it felt very complacent

id consider voting gimli the slot hasn’t impressed on rep in and seemed mired in asking easy questions that were answered in setup post, std isn’t super towny but i’m not like -_- there either. i don’t feel great about it as an alternative tho

meuh/owen are preferred
Good reads you are town for this
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:05 am

Post by Gimli »

I feel more inclined to go to the VP baltar's wagon rather than the maria/furtive wagon. I'm vibing with furtive a bit and I liked his response to what he thinks of maria, and I think the PT answer at least means they are using the PT together which means they're not both scum.

pool now and I'm back later
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:19 am

In post 2288, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2287, VP Baltar wrote:

If Maria is somehow red, I'm a clown. But they aren't. So you're a clown.

I'm not gonna sit here and take this. Was waiting on GL to be my Superman but apparently not.

I think Gimli is Town but STD is just lazy scum

VOTE: SaveTheDragons/Gimli
Why am I lazy scum
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:20 am

Why do you think gimli is town is probably a better question
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2289, Ydrasse wrote:i don’t know if vp baltar shirks responsibility onto another player like that and does it at a time when one of the the other clearest alternatives is his pair being voted. maybe i’m being too harsh on what i think of vpb as a player but it felt very complacent
I'm actually very collaborative as town. I'll lead if I feel like that's the role I need to play, but I'm just as happy to play support. I don't think I'm super invested in this game either, so being more supportive makes sense fmpov.

If M/F flips T/T, you can certainly get upset at me rather than shirou. I think shirou is likely 100% town here (unless power bussing, in which case gg). So feel free to come at me if you like, but I think this is the optimal play for the town today, short of limming relly/std, which doesn't seem to have support.
YOUR AD HERE

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:28 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2293, Save The Dragons wrote:Why do you think gimli is town is probably a better question
Asking the right questions
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:28 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2294, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2289, Ydrasse wrote:i don’t know if vp baltar shirks responsibility onto another player like that and does it at a time when one of the the other clearest alternatives is his pair being voted. maybe i’m being too harsh on what i think of vpb as a player but it felt very complacent
I'm actually very collaborative as town. I'll lead if I feel like that's the role I need to play, but I'm just as happy to play support. I don't think I'm super invested in this game either, so being more supportive makes sense fmpov.

If M/F flips T/T, you can certainly get upset at me rather than shirou. I think shirou is likely 100% town here (unless power bussing, in which case gg). So feel free to come at me if you like, but I think this is the optimal play for the town today, short of limming relly/std, which doesn't seem to have support.
VP read on Owen? Looks absent to me
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:32 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 2294, VP Baltar wrote:

i think shirou is town too but i disagree with his current push. i feel like it’s going to happen though
gimli/std is a big maybe for me but i don’t feel great about it
do you think owen is towny?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2297, Ydrasse wrote:gimli/std is a big maybe for me but i don’t feel great about it
do you think owen is towny?
Gimli/std is my preference too, but I've been banging that drum for days and idk if the votes are there. I'll switch if it seems feasible and not a vanity vote.

I think Owen is null to town. I do stand by the point I made about asking him right before the ari lim about the flip. He's been fairly disengaged this game, so that makes it harder to read there. We have talked more than some it seems like in our PT, but it's not verbose to the point I feel like I have a solid town read.
YOUR AD HERE

midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:44 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 2230, Shirou wrote:You seem to not have much on term of reads except coincidentally town reading your partner.

Who does this behavior remind me of again?

Ah yeah Ati. People also said that behavior or hers wasn't scummy, look at how that turned out.
Stop trying to read every player the same way. And there are still differences. Ari was giving legit reasons why norwee is scum and in a very controlled manner. furtive is much more unrestrained. His reasons are admittedly unconvincing, but it gives me vibes of town desperately finding a reason to stay alive. You might be like: "wouldn't he be doing the exact same thing as scum". Nah, at least not this this degree of indignance and I doubt he can spew so much as scum either. He's getting more engaged as he is getting pushed which is not a common pattern I find w/ scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”