kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

Zorblag wrote:I posted this after Xtoxm had apparently hammered himself. I waited a while and the day didn't end so I was trying to make sure that we weren't assuming that we were really in twilight when we might not have been. If the day hadn't ended shortly after then there would have to have been some reason it hadn't; I was throwing out a couple guesses.
I did read the post in its entirety, and understand the overall point you were trying to make. This being said, the quoting of farside-mod and trying to figure out whether or not the day was over was not a proponent of my reasoning for finding you suspicious. This is about the only thing about this post that I didn't have a problem with, as the rules did say vote counts and votes would be misleading.
Zorblag wrote:As for questioning why cult would self hammer any more than a SK I was still trying to figure out a way for Xtoxm to be helping his team. I had trouble believing that someone would play as poorly as Xtoxm seems to have so I was still trying to find alternate solutions that might have merit. It seems I was wrong, but my frustration at Xtoxm's play does come up in the next post that you mention.
But posing this question aloud threatens to branch into WIFOM, which contradicts your earlier statement about wanting to gather information, as what viable information can be discerned from discussion dwelling upon WIFOM? I have no problem with someone trying to mull through possible scenarios, as I do it myself, but at least acknowledge that it is simply speculation, for as it is the train of thought seems to be inviting discussion, and discussion about theory in this case would detract from scum hunting.

Furthermore, I believe xtoxm provided reasoning for his actions earlier in Day 1: he was a self-claimed outed SK, meaning he had no chances of winning since he had been exposed. He then tried to get town to keep him around by offering to serve as the town's vig, but when that proposition began to go down the tubes he must have given up.
Xtoxm wrote:What, claim as mafia? Riiiight. No you wouldn't.

I've accepted that i've lost. I don't much care for SK as a role anyway, I think it's silly to have one guy on their own against everyone. Like I said I will be playing as a vig from now on.
Xtoxm wrote:Yes, I am the good guy.

I cannot win as I am outed but i'd like to continue and play for town. It's also in towns interest to keep me around and try to catch mafia, atleast while there are mislynched anyway.

I cannot win, so keeping me around does absolutely no harm, and has many advantages.

Hopefully people i've played with before like Llama/Kloud will know this.
Yes, this is poor play, but the earlier posts provide reasoning (in my opinion) for his erratic actions. If his preceding content did not answer your questions, then why not ask him his reasons for voting as opposed to providing such statements as those above, which as I have said walk a fine line with WIFOM? This, in addition to the fact that you acknowledge the jester speculation was a stretch, then continue by bringing up another theory out of nowhere (pathological liar PR) is my reasoning for finding you suspicious. You stress the importance of acquiring more information, then provide posts with ideas such as those in 161 that would completely hinder gathering of evidence.
Zorblag wrote:176 was my first post of day 2 and was made as much out of frustration as anything else. I've said since and I'll say it again now that I wasn't trying with that post to indicate that killing the SK was a bad move for the town. Killing the SK was a good thing to do. What was troubling was that we hadn't had enough other good discussion in my opinion. It might not have done us any good but I don't think it could have hurt us. I did look at Dukes some on day one after post 128 but I really didn't do enough to get attention away from where it was narrowly focused. That's why I accept my part of the blame for our lack of scrutiny for most of the players on day one.
Okay, I will take frustration into account, but only to a certain degree, as discussing the mentality of a lynched player still does not contribute to scum hunting or analyzing of Day 1 content. While this may have been posted out of irritation for xtoxm's play, this once again invites discussion that would be unhelpful to town.

You claim that "the way he chose not to win arbitrarily hurts town and helps scum," which to me implies that you felt that the xtoxm lynch was not the best move. If you would have elaborated to explain the lack of information was the negative/harm you were referring to, then my opinion of this would have differed. You didn't though, and your desire for more information is already questionable based on reasonings provided both in this post and in post 362.
Zorblag wrote:I don't know whether any of that will resonate with you or not but that's why I made the posts that I did. I'm glad to hear that you agree that we need to look carefully at everyone today but I think that you're taking 3 of my posts and building a somewhat out of context case from them. I'm all for everyone including myself getting gone over closely; I'd love to hear what you think of other players if you've taken a look at them as well.
I appreciate the response, and my suspicions have slightly (being the key word here) lessened, but my main reasons for finding you to stand out still remain. I would like to know what others think of what I have said thus far, as input from others and discussion will help out the game tremendously, or at least I hope it will.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

In regards to the popcorning of roles:

While I would not be opposed to doing so if the group consensus is to follow through with it, I would much rather wait until tomorrow, as we will hopefully have more information to work with and thus more evidence to support and/or argue against the said claims. I do not want to give scum information if revealing said information is not of the upmost importance. I am more inclined to believe there are two scum due to the presence of a SK, merely because of balance issues, but if others feel that we could be in a lylo situation right now I will not hesitate to partake in the popcorning of claims.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by farside22 »

This vote count brought to you by Glagnar's Human Rinds.
Glagnar's Human Rinds - It's a buncha, muncha, cruncha... human.
[crunch]

Voting: No one!

Not voting:

Kmd4390
pacman281292
kloud1516
Zorblag
Jahudo
wolframnhart
Drunken Piper
Porochaz

Day 4 deadline is December 4th, 10:30am PST

With 8 alive it will take 5 to lynch
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Like i said, i can't and won't discount the possibility that we are in Lylo because i have seen 3 mafia team with a SK member as well, so if everyone is in general agreement that we should popcorn i will, though i think my role is kinda already known so *shrug*
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Kloud is looking really pro-town today for his scum hunting and I think that some suspicions are valid except I have a problem with how he's recently taken it but I will allow Zorblag to answer it first.

It looks like most people agree that we should wait until tomorrow to role claim and some of the suggestions like random dice to popcorn sound like a good idea for whenever we do it.

Frankly I think with just claiming characters there may be a few that will look like a power role to scum, so I think breadcrumbing is a good compromise for now and we get back to scum hunting. :D
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:07 am

Post by Porochaz »

I severely doubt there is a 3 scum/SK and if we are in doubt we shouldnt claim. I don't like wolfs stance on it, it's to dangerous to do at the moment and whilst I can accept others wanting to do it I can't accept his lackadaisical attitude towards the claim.
FoS Wolf
Im not confortable will a full/name claim now as if were not in lylo then its just giving scum more info
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:10 am

Post by wolframnhart »

How is my stance any different from others who say that if everyone is in agrement they would participate as well?
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Porochaz »

Zorblag and kloud have stated that they would rather wait till tomorrow, I have problems with DP but not as bad as you at the moment and Jahudo said no. So, I think that surnmizes why.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:19 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Like i said i am not discounting the possibility we are in Lylo, so yea if everyone wanted to popcorn i would, yet at the same time if we want to wait till tomorrow that is fine with me too.

pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:11 am

Post by pacman281292 »

Porochaz wrote: Also pac, why did you not use your power n1?
Because I was scared of making something stupid, hiding behind a scum w/o telling, and dying.
Sorry to all for not posting at weekend; I had LA during that time.
Show
Current statistics (not counting games previous to June 2010):
Align: W/L/O
Town: 0/1/0
Scum: 1/0/0
Other: 0/0/0
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Drunken Piper »

umm, what the fuck,
dodgey duck?

(gulp)

PAC, do not ignore my questions. Answer them now.

Poro, and what problems do you have with me?
(hic)
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

oops *slaps self*
I'm blind, and still more when I come from V/LA.
Drunken Piper wrote:
why does it bother me that I am the only one who questioned the claim and I didnt even have a vote on Pac?...But Poro and KMD remove their votes so fast. Everytime I have been a Hider or Modded a game with a Hider I provided the information whether hiding behind a mafia member is fatal or not. He comes out and claims that the most protown player is town and people just eat it up without question. He doesnt scum hunt. he doesnt provide his thoughts on anything else....he doesnt comment on yesterday..

Pac, why have you not commented on yesterday, provided in thoughts on who you think are scum, or scum hunted today? Why did you think it was a good idea to claim just now? Why do you think it was a good idea to come out and "clear" Jahudo if you werent sure about "your role" without asking the mod first? If you are really a hider, can you please ask the mod? Can you please provide your top two scum list and why?
hmm...

I hid behind the most pro-townish player with the intention of survive 'till tomorrow, and re-confirm his alignment. And because I'm a coward, and I didn't try to hide behind any other player; I didn't find a better "refuge", and so I did hide behind jah. Stupid... but it's still info... and now that I've claimed, I can come up with info.
Why haven't I commented on yesterday? Why did I claim? When N2 started, I knew that the way I pushed the lynch on Dukes (a townie) would be the insurance to my death. So, I decided to gather info with my role... but I got to be enough coward to hide behind the towniest of all. I didn't comment about D2 because near to all the info was about Dukes and me.
Also, at the beginning of D3, with Kmd and Poro, I knew that part of the case on me on day 2 was still alive, so I decided to claim and give out the little info I had. However, it's a good point.
I was V/LA at weekend, but I now have more time on my comp (my sister is on vacations), so Ihaave more time to reread all more carefully.
About my role... I deduced, with the phrasing of the role (thing that, if I reveal, would mean a modkill) that there were dangerous "hiding points", and I deduced the version of the role was "the original".
I'll ask farside for clarifiation (but I might not get answer...).
About my top 2... I'll reread all now, and come with that.
I know all this looks like AtE, but that's what I think *slaps self*
To Zorb: I didn't use my power N1 because a wrong hide would kill me, and I didn't find someone enough "townish" to hide behind.
And, no, I'm not brain-controlled :P :lol:
OH WAIT ARE WE ON LYLO?
*checks player numbers*
OMG :(
Show
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Drunken Piper wrote:Poro and KMD, you two were supposedly pretty sure he was scum, why the change of heart if both of you believe that a role name does not reflect alignment?
Yes, Pacman was my number one suspect. But I'm not prepared to lynch a claimed hider without some discussion first. Even if Pac is scum, there are still 1 or 2 more to catch. If he is really a hider, he can clear some townies for us.

Kloud, did Farside give fakeclaims in the mini Family Guy game?
Jahudo wrote:@Group but particularly kmd, poro and DP: what do you feel about this suggestion and doing it either today or tomorrow?:
Jahudo wrote:Does anyone else think we should decide a way to popcorn roles throughout today, given that if there might be 3 scum (I doubt it though) we would need to get one of them today or at night.
I do not think it will or should be the main motivating factor to clear or vote someone, but it may help find inconsistencies in how we've been playing so far and create some speculation which I give an example of below.
Well, if we think there are 3 mafia in a game with a SK, it makes sense. If we think there are 2 mafia, we should wait until tomorrow. Actually, the information couldn't hurt, right? I mean, maybe the scum get a better idea who to kill, but if we have several power roles like Family Guy had, it gives us several claimed power roles which may actually be provable, and the scum can't kill us all in one night. It might be an ok idea, but I'd like to hear from everyone before we start anything like this.

So, after reading up, I keep seeing "we can do it if the group agrees". I think I'm going to come out and say, I'd support a massclaim today. If we have 3 scum still alive, I don't want to mislynch and find out we lost because we underestimated the Mod. I have a feeling that not only could Farside balance a game with 3 scum and a SK, but that she would pride herself in doing it, and do it just to show that she can. And even if there are only 2 mafia, what's the worst that happens? When the uninformed majority becomes informed more and more, a gap closes. If the scum have fakeclaims, they will just use them as they are about to be lynched, so it makes no difference. So basically, I propose that we do the dice popcorn claim that (was it DP?) suggested.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

Kmd4390 wrote:Kloud, did Farside give fakeclaims in the mini Family Guy game?
There were not.

Kmd4390 wrote:Well, if we think there are 3 mafia in a game with a SK, it makes sense. If we think there are 2 mafia, we should wait until tomorrow. Actually, the information couldn't hurt, right? I mean, maybe the scum get a better idea who to kill,
but if we have several power roles like Family Guy had, it gives us several claimed power roles which may actually be provable, and the scum can't kill us all in one night.
It might be an ok idea, but I'd like to hear from everyone before we start anything like this.
I agree with this, for if you all look at the Family Guy thread (Mini 653 I believe), you will see that the number of claimed power roles substantially assisted with the town win, as many of the claims were provable, thus efforts to weed out possible scum were much easier.
Kmd4390 wrote:So, after reading up, I keep seeing "we can do it if the group agrees". I think I'm going to come out and say, I'd support a massclaim today.
If we have 3 scum still alive, I don't want to mislynch and find out we lost because we underestimated the Mod.
I have a feeling that not only could Farside balance a game with 3 scum and a SK, but that she would pride herself in doing it, and do it just to show that she can. And even if there are only 2 mafia, what's the worst that happens? When the uninformed majority becomes informed more and more, a gap closes. If the scum have fakeclaims, they will just use them as they are about to be lynched, so it makes no difference. So basically, I propose that we do the dice popcorn claim that (was it DP?) suggested.
This is the main issue I keep debating with myself in regards of whether or not I feel we should popcorn claim now, or wait until tomorrow. As wolf has pointed out, there have been cases of there being SK and three mafia, and I wouldn't toss any idea aside in a game with farside as the mod. At the same time, I feel that it may be too early to out possible power roles. This being said, the earlier notion of claimed (and possibly confirmable) roles being present in the game makes me feel that claiming may in fact be beneficial today.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:11 am

Post by Porochaz »

Its more likely we have 2 scum than 3. Having 2 killing roles a night is dangerous in a mini, yes its able to be balanced but the more power roles you add the more factors you have to add. Power roles get used on top of one another and it causes confusion. It makes it more swingy. More power roles does not nessacerily mean better odds for town.

Also if farside had a problem where the claims greatly assisted town to victory dont you think she'll amend that to make it harder. I think curiosity is getting the better of you or your scum hoping for that extra information. I dont see the claims as provable. I have a problem with this. I think essentially theres a higher percentage chance (lets say 66% to 33%) that its 2 scum and 1 SK to 3 scum and 1 SK. Playing percentages I strongly advise against claiming now all I can see is it outing roles to scum.

Im trying here to speak from experience arranging my current game and Batman mafia and balancing them - Where it went from scum/sk to scum/vig to scum for balance issues. I don't have that much experience setting up and balancing but I do have some, I think the only other person here that can say that is DP. Im only mentioning this because Im aware that many of you wouldnt have modded a game before and set up the roles.

But now Im outguessing the mod. Im not the mod for this game. Im guessing Batman mafia isn't as outrageous as Futurama simply because I made an effort to balance it. (which failed due to ABR) so it's possibility but so is a mafia rolecop (!) we keep trying to outguess farside and to be fair shes a pretty shrewd player, so Im guessing she's the same as a mod. We're not doing anything by outguessing her. I'm going by odds and by my past experience which is telling me even if we have 3 scum and an SK combo we should (need a) claim unless we really have to. Right now, we don't.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:23 am

Post by Zorblag »

Just stopping in briefly to let everyone know that I'm swamped with midterm related things this week so I didn't get on yesterday and I won't be on today until this evening. I am still here though and will post something tonight after I've had a chance to read what's happened since Monday.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:42 am

Post by Porochaz »

EBWOP: In the post above I did not been to state that farside did not make an effort to balance her game, just that when I made my game it was my primary goal to make sure it was as balanced as I could make it. So sorry if there was a misinterpretation there.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:52 pm

Post by Zorblag »

kloud1516 wrote:I did read the post in its entirety, and understand the overall point you were trying to make. This being said, the quoting of farside-mod and trying to figure out whether or not the day was over was not a proponent of my reasoning for finding you suspicious. This is about the only thing about this post that I didn't have a problem with, as the rules did say vote counts and votes would be misleading.
This was about post 161 and I still think you're missing the context as a whole. If we weren't in twilight then it would have been good to figure out why and I was trying to move towards that. On the matter of my asking the question about the cult, where you're seeing potential WIFOM I was asking because I've not played any games with cults and was trying to gather information from others that might have which might have helped me to assess the situation. Remember that Xtoxm made his (false it turns out) cult claim after he thought that he had self hammered. If he was wrong and we weren't in twilight yet and there was some way it could help that others knew about we might have been able to adjust our actions.

Further, if we really were in twilight (which it turns out that we were) then post 161 wouldn't actually do anything to hinder us as the day was over anyhow. The only way might have been important for what it was intended to bring up was if the day hadn't ended; if we still were in day one when I made the post then I would have stuck by everything that I brought up as there would have been some voting wackiness that we could have tried to learn about.

I'll still stand by my statement that Xtoxm's poor play was the reason for most of my reactions on day one. I assume that people will not out themselves in a lost role within the first 3 pages of the game.

In regards to post 176 you say:
kloud1516 wrote:You claim that "the way he chose not to win arbitrarily hurts town and helps scum," which to me implies that you felt that the xtoxm lynch was not the best move. If you would have elaborated to explain the lack of information was the negative/harm you were referring to, then my opinion of this would have differed. You didn't though, and your desire for more information is already questionable based on reasonings provided both in this post and in post 362.
I disagree with that assertion. I think that I did elaborate on why I felt that xtoxm had hurt the town. It's in the next paragraph of post 176:
Zorblag wrote:The way he's chosen not to win arbitrarily hurts the town and helps the scum despite the fact that he wasn't aligned to either.

Of course, when I say he hurt the town and helped the scum I have to be fair here. We followed his lead and went straight for the quick lynch on day one without discussion of much of anything. We got minimal posts from several people and now have to try to figure out what's going on without the benefit of interactions we would have gotten on a typical day one. We did exactly what I warned we were doing (though I didn't make nearly enough of an issue of it so I get blame for this as well.)
It's possible that I didn't put things as clearly as I might have but my intention there was to complain about the lack of information gathered on day one as the reason that I wasn't happy (rather than it being the lynch itself that I had an issue with.)

Again, I appreciate that you're looking carefully at what people are saying (well, what I've said at times anyhow.) I don't mean to try to deflect attention from me and I'm happy to explain any of my actions up to this point should my intentions be unclear but I wonder if you have thoughts on what others have said as well?
Jahudo wrote:Kloud is looking really pro-town today for his scum hunting and I think that some suspicions are valid except I have a problem with how he's recently taken it but I will allow Zorblag to answer it first.
I'm not sure what in particular you had in mind there and I'm a bit slow right now as I've just spent the past 6 hours straight grading papers but it is clear that you probably think some of the issues that were raised about me had some merit. I'm happy to address any that you'd like to bring up. I'm also curious as to whether what you had in mind what that sentence was addressed in my post here.

As a question to everyone, does kloud1516 seem focused on me in particular or is that my misconception just because he has focused on at least me?

Wolframnhart, do you think that I should know who you find suspicious at this time? I can't remember from reading through the recent posts.

On the issue of pacman281292's hider claim I think that were I in his position and if I had that role I would have made the claim at the end of the day on day two now that I've had some time to think it over. Given his level of suspicion he had a good chance not to be targeted by scum during the night so it wouldn't have helped scum narrow in on other power roles particularly and a vig could have targeted him to verify the claim (if we have a vig.) Of course we didn't talk about him potentially having the role yesterday so I can't blame him for not agreeing with my take on the timing offhand.

I suppose that the trouble that I have with the claim is that by making it he's giving us a probably unverifiable connection to someone who seems to be one of the least suspected players anyhow. If pacman281292 si telling the truth we won't know unless the mafia kills him (by killing someone he hides behind most likely) or we lynch him (and if he's telling the truth we then lose him and likely lose Jahudo tonight.) I suppose that the best we can get out of it is that Jahudo really should be town as pacman281292 does give a somewhat compelling reason to think that he's got the standard hider role if he does and that means that should Jahudo ever turn out scum pacman281292 would get killed the next day. That isn't worth the risk with this many players left I wouldn't think.

If we decide that we shouldn't lynch pacman281292 tonight then I'll request that he hide tonight to give a vig a chance to verify his role (don't tell us who you'll hide behind; save that for tomorrow) and that if we have a player with a vig ability they try to kill him assuming that they don't have a compelling reason to kill someone else. If there's not a mafia doc (or some other wackiness that I'm not thinking of) then that will give us a reason to believe the claim and we'll have much more to go on for tomorrow. If there's a reason not to go with that I'm all for hearing it but that's the best use of the role that I've come up with in the time I've spent thinking about it given our situation.

There's probably more but my reasoning skills are mostly shot right now. I'll try to get on tomorrow but I might not manage until Friday. The good news is that I give my last midterm of the week on Friday before noon so I'll be much more stress free after that (though I might be more drunk which could cut down on coherence in another way.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by Jahudo »

pacman281292 wrote: Why did I claim? When N2 started, I knew that the way I pushed the lynch on Dukes (a townie) would be the insurance to my death. So, I decided to gather info with my role... but I got to be enough coward to hide behind the towniest of all.
I guess I can understand the reason of claiming if you think you can avoid getting killed at night and learn alignments by way of not dying. This information makes me think you should not be lynched today at least. The problem is, if you die at night we won't know who you hid with.

Also, why did you think I was towniest from what happened day 2 but not day 1?
pacman281292 wrote: I know all this looks like AtE, but that's what I think *slaps self*
What's AtE?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:56 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Zorblag wrote:I'm not sure what in particular you had in mind there and I'm a bit slow right now as I've just spent the past 6 hours straight grading papers but it is clear that you probably think some of the issues that were raised about me had some merit. I'm happy to address any that you'd like to bring up. I'm also curious as to whether what you had in mind what that sentence was addressed in my post here.
Basically it was when kloud said this:
kloud1516 wrote:You claim that "the way he chose not to win arbitrarily hurts town and helps scum," which to me implies that you felt that the xtoxm lynch was not the best move. If you would have elaborated to explain the lack of information was the negative/harm you were referring to, then my opinion of this would have differed. You didn't though, and your desire for more information is already questionable based on reasonings provided both in this post and in post 362.
I also felt that the Zorblag quote kloud used explained that it was about the lack of information and not about trying to say that xtoxm was not the best move. I don't know how kloud came to that conclusion.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

Zorblag wrote:
kloud1516 wrote:I did read the post in its entirety, and understand the overall point you were trying to make. This being said, the quoting of farside-mod and trying to figure out whether or not the day was over was not a proponent of my reasoning for finding you suspicious. This is about the only thing about this post that I didn't have a problem with, as the rules did say vote counts and votes would be misleading.
This was about post 161 and I still think you're missing the context as a whole. If we weren't in twilight then it would have been good to figure out why and I was trying to move towards that. On the matter of my asking the question about the cult, where you're seeing potential WIFOM I was asking because I've not played any games with cults and was trying to gather information from others that might have which might have helped me to assess the situation. Remember that Xtoxm made his (false it turns out) cult claim after he thought that he had self hammered. If he was wrong and we weren't in twilight yet and there was some way it could help that others knew about we might have been able to adjust our actions.
Here are the points/ideas I can see from your post 161:
>Xtoxm has apparently self hammered
>Xtoxm has claimed cult.
>Why has xtoxm claimed cult?

>Farside-mod said vote counts would be misleading, so are we in twilight, or is it still Day 1?
>Your jester speculation was a stretch.
>
Here is an even bigger stretch:
what about a pathological liar PR, or even a vote restriction on felons?

Let me make this clear: my issue with the post, as I have said already, does not lie with your questioning of whether or not it was twilight or still Day 1. My issue comes with the other context within the post, that you say above would be good to figure out if it we had happened to still be in Day 1. I disagree with you here, which was exactly what I was saying originally, for in an earlier post you are advocating we get as much information as possible, then in this post, you pose questions to which there can be no solid answer that would not lead into either WIFOM or pure speculation. These kinds of questions/paths you feel that would be good to pursue are simply hindrances to scumhunting, which I have said multiple times before now. I bolded the points I found to be scummy above, and enlarged text that I found to be alarming.

The cult question could not be answered by anyone save xtoxm, so posing it as an aside like you did, to me, would be of no value. Sure, he may have answered it, but why not direct the question at him instead of simply leaving it on the table for others to interpret as they will? As is, the question seems to all but invite others to give their input on something we have no information about, thus promoting WIFOM and speculation.

I really didn't look too far into the claim myself, simply because xtoxm has set a precedent in games for making outrageous joke claims regardless of alignment:
Xtoxm wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
What the hell. Honestly. Who in the series loves Bonnie other than Joe? Now this is getting a tad bit confusing as hell.

Well. Unless BG fakeclaimed. But I figured it was one of those things Farside threw in to game being broken by claims etc.

We're millerlovers.

MILLER lovers? Is that a joke? Because I don't remember you saying that before. Also think it's scummy because you never mentioned it.

Yes - It was a joke.

I can't think of any reason why I would be in love with Bonnie, lol.

Either it's there to make me sus of my lover, or she's faking. But even if she's faking. I can't think of anyone that really makes sense. lol.
Here is the link as well. Look at xtoxm individually and it will be post 120/122.

I realize that you may have not know this, and I am not faulting you for it. This being said, my opinions on the question are posted above, and these are the reasons for me not liking the question. This was something that would not be good to figure out unless you had xtoxm to answer it, for reasons already provided.

The enlarged section stood out for the mere fact that I took it as "Yeah, I will admit that the jester thing was a stretch, but guess what guys: I have something that will sound even more outrageous! Here it is: ---" Granted, this may not have been what you meant, and even if it is I am sure you will not admit to it. This is how I perceived it, and followed up with more speculation, the bolded phrase did not and continues to not sit well with me.
Zorblag wrote:Further, if we really were in twilight (which it turns out that we were)
then post 161 wouldn't actually do anything to hinder us as the day was over anyhow.
The only way might have been important for what it was intended to bring up was if the day hadn't ended; if we still were in day one when I made the post then I would have stuck by everything that I brought up as there would have been some voting wackiness that we could have tried to learn about.
I disagree, for if anyone had actually taken the time to look at this post/caught these posts at the beginning of Day 2, discussion could have fallen upon xtoxm's actions and your baseless suspicions which would have gotten us nowhere. As it was, no one did, but the possibility is still there, meaning it could have done harm to town causes. If Day 1 had indeed continued, then this would have promoted WIFOM and theory in ways already described.
Zorblag wrote:I'll still stand by my statement that Xtoxm's poor play was the reason for most of my reactions on day one. I assume that people will not out themselves in a lost role within the first 3 pages of the game.
And I will stand by you when believing that xtoxm's Day 1 play was indeed poor.

In regards to post 176 you say:
Zorblag wrote:
I disagree with that assertion. I think that I did elaborate on why I felt that xtoxm had hurt the town. It's in the next paragraph of post 176:
Zorblag wrote:The way he's chosen not to win arbitrarily hurts the town and helps the scum despite the fact that he wasn't aligned to either.

Of course, when I say he hurt the town and helped the scum I have to be fair here. We followed his lead and went straight for the quick lynch on day one without discussion of much of anything. We got minimal posts from several people and now have to try to figure out what's going on without the benefit of interactions we would have gotten on a typical day one. We did exactly what I warned we were doing (though I didn't make nearly enough of an issue of it so I get blame for this as well.)
It's possible that I didn't put things as clearly as I might have but my intention there was to complain about the lack of information gathered on day one as the reason that I wasn't happy (rather than it being the lynch itself that I had an issue with.)
I addressed the post in its entirety earlier on. This ties back to my initial reasoning for finding you suspicions in the first place: you advocated the amassing of as much information as possible, and then posted trains of thoughts that blatantly contradicted/would have countered all attempts to do so. You are not elaborating here, you are simply saying that we made a mistake by not following your earlier warnings, and that we were now without information. As I said the first time commenting on this, I felt like this was simply an empty comment, for I do not take your earlier claims for wanting more information all that seriously (based on reasoning I have repeated several times now).
Zorblag wrote:As a question to everyone, does kloud1516 seem focused on me in particular or is that my misconception just because he has focused on at least me?
I would like to respond: I am looking at others, but the limited amount of time I have right now has been getting in the way of my opportunity to organize my thoughts and get them submitted. I am sure you of all people, since you have been swamped with midterms and grading papers, can identify with this. Analysis and opinions of others are on the way.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Remind you both: Xtoxm was a SK not a cult
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

@Jahudo: AtE= Appeal to Emotion.

I'm having the worst V/LA period I've ever had on my short life on MS:
I'll leave town and make a long travel (with null access) Nov 22-23. From there, and until Nov 30, I'll have a very highly limited access. And I'm leaving my country Dec 1-8 (what wirtually means zero acces to me on that time).
In short words, I'll have near to none access Nov 22-Dec 9, so please feel free to replace me if needed, or keep me if you can.
(I would prefer Option 2, but...)
Show
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by farside22 »

pacman281292 wrote:@Jahudo: AtE= Appeal to Emotion.

I'm having the worst V/LA period I've ever had on my short life on MS:
I'll leave town and make a long travel (with null access) Nov 22-23. From there, and until Nov 30, I'll have a very highly limited access. And I'm leaving my country Dec 1-8 (what wirtually means zero acces to me on that time).
In short words, I'll have near to none access Nov 22-Dec 9, so please feel free to replace me if needed, or keep me if you can.
(I would prefer Option 2, but...)
I will see how it goes while you are on Limited Access. If it is too limited I will have to replace you. At this time I will wait and see. Fair?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

OK :D
At least you are warned.
Show