hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:56 am

Post by hasdgfas »

DrippingGoofball wrote:@ farside - hi sweetie. I missed you too.
dahill1 wrote:on a serious note, DGB was going to be my second vote after CC most likely. so this recent post by her:
This game seems to lack a sense of direction.

Let's run up a nice big wagon, then we'll have stuff to talk about. We're wimpy with the votes. That's not the way to win.
sparked my vote and reaffirmed my suspicion of her because of her jokey posts that avoid the questions and lack of an actual case against, well, anyone
Interesting fast jump on a gratuitous, but fun, bandwagon on me and only bothering to explain it the day after. What, you're afraid we're going to come after you alter?

Dahill you are scum.

unvote, vote: dahill1
What are you saying here? I can't understand it, because I'm pretty sure that dahill did explain his suspicions in a satisfactory manner.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:14 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Vote Count

DrippingGoofball -
(Vi, DoomCow, dahill1, Natirasha)
tubby216 -
(SpyreX, ZazieR, CoheedCambria09)
DoomCow -
(hasdgfas, tubby216)
dahill1 -
(animorpherv1, DrippingGoofball)
CoheedCambria09 -
(Korts)
Korts -
(Crazy)

Not voting: MafiaSSK, farside22

With 15 alive, it will take 8 to lynch. The deadline for day 1 will be Saturday, December 6.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:16 am

Post by SpyreX »

So I finally went and did the reread.

Animorpherv - Lurking in plain sight. I haven't seen one concrete opinion on anything from him this game.

CC - Starting off with I see no reason to vote then ends with a vote on tubby? Lurking as well.

Crazy - One of the players in "tubgate". I -can- see what he is saying about it (although I dont agree with tubgate itself). The only thing that really raises my suspicion at all is the "I'm normally the day 1 scumbuddy" statement. I know what he's saying but it just sits wrong.

Dahill - I like the analysis. I dont like all the meta, but hey, thats my meta. :P. The only concern I have his the fact he replaced The Internet who was worthless up to this point. Not a big concern though.

DoomCow - The whole "PR's are scum" business. Blah. "Both are good enough excuses to vote". Blah blah.

DGB - Votes animoperv for faking a PR (somehow missing VI's). Jumps to tubby as a scum meltdown (which I could agree with). However, jumps on dahill in what appears on all levels to be an OMGUS?

Farside - Strong, aggressive without being in-your-face. No real beef at all.

The Puff - I'd like a little more of his statements and not his questions (I think most of them have been answered). I want to see what he got from them all.

Korts - Out of the gate I really liked the play. What tubby did was STILL to me a far higher probability of scum-newb versus town-newb. I am not one to automatically condemn "reactionary" moves early day 1 but when your initial move was on something scummy I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.

SSK - Lurking. :P Waiting for his pbpa.

Nat - Foisted with the worlds worst PR or lying. I've got nothing.

Tubby - Comes out saying our list relates to power roles. Votes Korts after Crazy makes reference to it. Votes Crazy as scum defending bad town. Repeatedly ties Korts and I together (I dont like this). Posts a lurking post to say he isn't lurking. We know my stance on this.

VI - Only real grief is tubgate. Aside from that, no probalos.

Zazier - I cant get a good read on Zaz. In general the questions she's been asking make sense to me. The "wild card" quote bothers me a little but.

So, what do I make of all this?

Tubby, to me, is still the right choice. Maybe its bull-headedness but I think, seriously think, that his starting move was scum and the rest of this has been flailing around.

Aside from that, I do not like DGB or Anim at all. DGB hasn't "done" much and definitely there isn't consistancy in what she has been doing. Anim hasn't laid down an opinion on anything.

We're using up time. I could be persuaded to either of the above but, personally, I still want tubby.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:42 am

Post by dahill1 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:@ farside - hi sweetie. I missed you too.
dahill1 wrote:on a serious note, DGB was going to be my second vote after CC most likely. so this recent post by her:
This game seems to lack a sense of direction.

Let's run up a nice big wagon, then we'll have stuff to talk about. We're wimpy with the votes. That's not the way to win.
sparked my vote and reaffirmed my suspicion of her because of her jokey posts that avoid the questions and lack of an actual case against, well, anyone
Interesting fast jump on a gratuitous, but fun, bandwagon on me and only bothering to explain it the day after. What, you're afraid we're going to come after you alter?

Dahill you are scum.

unvote, vote: dahill1
nope, i explained because you know that's what people usually do when they vote. given your posts, however, i can see how you might not have seen this. nice OMGUS, though.

p.s. i explained it about an hour later, not a day.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Vi »

SpyreX 327 wrote:VI
SpyreX 327 wrote:VI
Daykill: SpyreX
with extra malice this time.

-----

@farside: Still waiting on that reread. ;)

-----
SpyreX 327 wrote:Maybe its bull-headedness but I think, seriously think, that his starting move was scum
my
and the rest of this has been flailing around.
I'd agree if you made the edition shown.

Intuitively, it feels like a scum-side analysis. Most people are Townish, many of your accusations/suspicions (the ones that you make, anyway) seem weak, little pressure on anyone except the obvious targets (and CowPuff) to contribute, easy lynch target that I don't agree with, etc.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:31 am

Post by SpyreX »

Well, we've got 3 hardcore lurkers that I dont like but I'm nto one to jump on their ass day 1.

We've got you and Crazy who defended tubby and most of his replies have been parrots of that. Not that I think either of you are inherently scummy for it, but I would have much preferred to hear HIS opinion before he parroted yorus.

Then we've got Kort's push on tubby being for information? There was information there - that question was scummy.

We've got DGB who jumped out on anim for "anti-town" behavior while missing the larger discussion on yours.

Then there's anim who hasn't said anything.

Sometimes its fine to put pressure on the obvious targets - they ARE obvious for a reason, afterall.
Show

Proud member of BaM
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:34 am

Post by dahill1 »

SpyreX wrote:Well, we've got 3 hardcore lurkers that I dont like but I'm nto one to jump on their ass day 1.
why not?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:38 am

Post by SpyreX »

All this talk about "easy lynch" the lurkers are the easiest. If it becomes a pattern it gets eliminated as the game progresses or they get replaced.

I'll hang someone I've got a scummy read on over a lurker every time.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Korts »

Huh. Actually when I consider it now, my case on SpyreX is void because it all was based upon him being opportunistic. Not backing off tubby's case when I turned on him makes my whole case null.

I will do a reread tomorrow most likely, and post any thoughts.
scumchat never die
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:45 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I don't mean to lurk. It's my fault I miss this thread, yes. but, hey, I'm new to MS Mafia altogether, other than 1-2 games which went so fast pased, I wanted replacement.

I'm sorry about lurking, it's because of what times people are on, and that's normally what time I can't be on, due to my father.

blame:Father
for always being on the computer when I need it.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:49 am

Post by dahill1 »

Korts wrote:Huh. Actually when I consider it now, my case on SpyreX is void because it all was based upon him being opportunistic. Not backing off tubby's case when I turned on him makes my whole case null.

I will do a reread tomorrow most likely, and post any thoughts.
how so? if you were scum in that situation (as Spyrex) would you back off of that case?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:58 am

Post by Korts »

I think I would, yeah. Did you expect any other answer than that after my conclusion?
scumchat never die
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:06 am

Post by dahill1 »

Korts wrote:I think I would, yeah. Did you expect any other answer than that after my conclusion?
well, i was expecting that you would stay on the case
if anything backing off would seem more suspicious IMO, because if you felt so strongly about that case in the first place, you have no reason to back off of it only. just because the original pusher revealed it was a sham doesn't mean you shouldn't believe in the case
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:11 am

Post by Korts »

Um, that's my point exactly. SpyreX not backing off the case proves his conviction in it, and is therefore not a scumtell.
scumchat never die
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:24 am

Post by dahill1 »

Korts wrote:Um, that's my point exactly. SpyreX not backing off the case proves his conviction in it, and is therefore not a scumtell.
no, but scum would want to stay convicted in it, or else it would be perceived as scummy for backing off. actually, town or scum would want to stay convicted in the case so it's a nulltell
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

hasdgfas wrote:What are you saying here? I can't understand it, because I'm pretty sure that dahill did explain his suspicions in a satisfactory manner.
It's all about the remorsefull timing of his post hoc explanation.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:15 pm

Question.

Is tubby lurking???

Yes? No?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by Natirasha »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Question.

Is tubby lurking???

Yes? No?
?
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:46 pm

He melted down, now has disappeared for 3 days. Is he lurking? That is my question.

I say he's scum.

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

DrippingGoofball wrote:He melted down, now has disappeared for 3 days. Is he lurking? That is my question.

I say he's scum.
and yet you're voting for dahill even though he made perfectly clear that you were one of his suspects. Why?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:08 am

Post by farside22 »

Vi wrote:
@farside: Still waiting on that reread. ;)
I know. This game is second on my list to read today.
Heavy sigh. I think I need to put in my sig I am not signing up for large games at the moment please dont' ask. :lol:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:33 am

hasdgfas wrote:and yet you're voting for dahill even though he made perfectly clear that you were one of his suspects. Why?
What, you think there's only one scum in this game?

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:39 am

Post by dahill1 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Question.

Is tubby lurking???

Yes? No?
yes
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:42 am

Post by dahill1 »

has, do you think you're vote on DoomCow is well placed at the moment, and if so, why?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Vi »

@mod: Has tubby being prodded? Same to CC09, etc.

@farside: I sympathize, but I'm not going away :P
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”