Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #525 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:40 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 523, Kokabiel wrote:It's not immediate. Penguin already scumread me even if he didn't state it. He broke character with his comments right after the announcement which is a pretty big tell. And now he is lurking because he doesn't feel pressure
Have you ever played scum before? lol

You don't just... throw yourself out there after getting a PM like that.

Even if it he knew he needed you dead, it would also be a goal for him to not look terrible when you flipped with a role that says "on Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:43 pm, the 3p player got a PM that said that your win condition now requires the death of Koka" ?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #579 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:53 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 571, Frogsterking wrote:Y'all kids with your fancy power roles don't have an appreciation no more for good old-fashioned scum huntin'
To be clear, before Roden's PR activated, I was already scum reading Koka, so this is not really a situation of me trusting the PR stuff over the reads.

You just have a whole team solve building out from a preflip of Passenger, which is not how I look at the game at all, and therefore, hard for me to put a ton of weight to the cases you are making.

When I look at koka's play, I see scum motivation.

Like their claim started as "If you kill me something bad will happen" to " wait, you guys are going to kill me anyways, turns out I lied, and really what happens is the 3rd party is outed so long as I live"

Both halves of that claim look designed to survive then actual, real claims.

If we imagine a world where Koka is true claiming, and their role is "I activate, and so long as I live a day, then the 3p is outed" then their play makes very little sense. Why would a townie not activate that immediately at the start of day? Why would they activate it, but then not explain what it did right away? Why would they lie about how it worked entirely?

If this is Koka's town play with such an ability, then I will be kind of baffled tbh.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #748 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:49 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 743, Frogsterking wrote:My experience with Luke in Lost was that he lacked any ability to Townread me whatsoever, so unfortunately it's in his Townrange to believe I'm scum to a level of delusion which equals my own delusion that catboi was scum in KTANE.
I am not arguing that you are scum.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #916 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:41 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 896, RH wrote:

Day 1 Count X

The
Day
concludes in (expired on 2022-11-18 07:50:00).
[/mech][/mech]
So uh....

@Andres
@furtive
@passenger
@NYM

we are down to 6 hours.

Please put your vote on one of them
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #926 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:18 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 924, PenguinPower wrote:<3

don't know which head you are but

<3
Luke

Marci has not posted since like 168 :dead: :dead: :dead:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #956 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 762, Frogsterking wrote:Luke can't fathom the idea that at least one of Roden and I have to be scum and that Roden simply lied about a claim. Absolutely unbelievable.

Luke, you have shot all of your credibility for your belief that not only is Roden "always Town" here, but that there is somehow in your mind a possibility that Roden and I can BOTH be Town. You're truly incredible Luke: as in literally in-credible, like I can't believe these are real takes coming from a real player.
Turns out I was right on all counts.

Roden was town
Frog was town

Koka was scum.

Wonderful
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #957 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Anyways, RH, really sorry that the error crashed your game. It seemed like a really cool set up, and I was really enjoying it
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #961 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:27 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 960, Morning Tweet wrote:Wait so Roden made the friendly neighbour actio nthe fuck up? Bruh
Yeah...

Looks like the effect is that it sent that message to the scum team, and originally said he chose as a gambit to get the scum to out.

Then he thought that Frog's reaction looked like he got the message.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #962 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:28 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 961, Lukewarm wrote:it sent that message to the scum team,
edit: to the 3p
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #969 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:22 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 964, Frogsterking wrote:I think your reads on the actual alignment of players in the game was excellent, and your assessment about my character and who was telling the truth and who was not was ass-backwards.
In post 963, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 956, Lukewarm wrote:Turns out I was right on all counts.
Like how you accused me of lying about my role because I'm stubborn or something? Huh?
I was very sure that Roden was town. (Correct)
I was thinking you were most likely town. (Correct)

I was faced with claims from the two of you that left me to think that one of you must be lying town (correct)

And since I have been in a game with you in which you ignored mod revealed info based on the strength of your reads, so I thought you were the one of the two of you lying (incorrect).

I was not trying to make any statements about your character, I was trying to piece together what was happening in a game where I am given a fraction of the information. The Game Of Mafia.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #971 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:48 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 970, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 525, Lukewarm wrote:You don't just... throw yourself out there after getting a PM like that.
Yes - but I did :)
Koka was claiming that you got a message stating they were town, and you were suddenly pushing them for it.

It is a bit different if you got a message that they were scum lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #975 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:42 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 974, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 973, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 969, Lukewarm wrote:And since I have been in a game with you in which you ignored mod revealed info based on the strength of your reads, so I thought you were the one of the two of you lying (incorrect).

I was not trying to make any statements about your character, I was trying to piece together what was happening in a game where I am given a fraction of the information. The Game Of Mafia
Did you consider that I was unaware of the difference between "bastard" and "nonbastard" games when I accused catboi of having a changeling role? Did you bother to check my account and see how many games I had actually completed on this website at the time I played KTANE? Did you consider that I eventually accepted in KTANE that my read was impossible and resigned myself to being policy eliminated for my mistake? Did you consider that I may have learned from my mistake that and been less likely to repeat a similar one now, rather than more likely?
Granted, I don't think it was particularly likely that Roden was lying either. If the options you have available are limited to scenarios where you strongly townread us both, I do think it was more likely objectively that roden was lying, because you are essentially claiming that I am more likely to ignore an inno report than Roden is to fake claim a guilty, which doesn't seem true?
Part of this belief I held came from you actively saying that people should not trust his message because of your informed role. I thought that *your role* made you more inclined to ignore mod info.
Specifically what I meant about the character thing was:

1) the assumption that I was ignoring information in KTANE deliberately rather than being very unfamiliar with the distinction between bastard and non bastard theme games

2) taking that example and claiming that because of it, I am more likely to ignore mod confirmed information when I believe strongly in my reads, which is not a true statement

That's just what upset me specifically here.

Finally, I am sorry that I said you were an awful player a lot, in my opinion you were correct that I was not really listening to you this game because I was biased about your incorrect read on me in Lost. I no longer think my experience there is reflective of how you usually sort players, I now believe that you can play town well and you just made a mistake in Lost.
Thank you for the apology, and I am sorry if my posting seemed like I was speaking negatively of your character. I was just trying to piece together what was happening given the situation. I still dont think that Roden EVER does that move as scum, in that position. (and to be clear, the position that he was in was a heavy factor). We judged that last statement differently, which led us to different conclusion.

I did end up shifting my view a bit, that the discrepancy might have been on the Roden end of the equation with a bit of time.

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #976 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:09 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 954, RH wrote:
Players
Resident - N.Y. M

Resident - JohnnyFarrar

Pensioner - Bell

Pensioner - Andresvmb

Attendant - The Bombay (Lukewarm and marcistar)

Proponent - Star Power/Roden

Clerk - Frogsterking/Morning Tweet

Publican - furtiveglance

Speculator - Flavia/Scarfsmanship

Consul - DeasVail

Opponent - Kokabiel

Collaborator - Herta

Collaborator - Passenger

Chancellor - PenguinPower
All in all, I am pretty happy with this game.

I had johnny, bell, roden, and furtive all in my town pile. (4/4) (Frog was here, but the slot did slowly fall out of this tier after MT repped in)

Marci and I were mainly suspicious of Deas, Koka, Passenger, and Falvia (3/4)

I had had nearly zero thoughts on Herta.

I think that the biggest thread to bamboozling us this game was PP, because I was starting to think that he was town towards the end of the 1v1v1 that happened near the end of day 1.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”