Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 1434, catboi wrote:
In post 1425, Coral wrote:Chara was trying consistently to pocket people
cite me some examples?

I think arguing people have been pockety is a difficultaccusation to prove because there are lots of behaviors in a typical game that can be made to feel that way, although it's not impossible to show.
This post seems hard to come by without also absorbing that I scumread Chara. I guess a lot of posts were flying by at the time and it could be hard to keep track, but it does make me feel like you weren't really trying to sort me with the question (or really reading my posts since then that have referenced the read).
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:48 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1698, Coral wrote:Oh. You asked about it :igmeou:
okay, a few hundred posts and 8 hours ago, right,
that
read

I guess because yours came as part of a start of day wall that made it feel much more performative given the manner of presentation. It came across like it was specifically trying to be impressive with a large quantity of words but didn't match the level of thought. I still did want to hear about where you had felt Chara was trying to pocket people though. I am not dead-set on scumreading you given there is at least one townie trying to talk me out of it and I still need to re-read absinthe
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1700, Coral wrote:
In post 1434, catboi wrote:
In post 1425, Coral wrote:Chara was trying consistently to pocket people
cite me some examples?

I think arguing people have been pockety is a difficultaccusation to prove because there are lots of behaviors in a typical game that can be made to feel that way, although it's not impossible to show.
This post seems hard to come by without also absorbing that I scumread Chara. I guess a lot of posts were flying by at the time and it could be hard to keep track, but it does make me feel like you weren't really trying to sort me with the question (or really reading my posts since then that have referenced the read).
I think it's really not hard to figure out why that exchange wasn't at the forefront of my mind currently.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by Coral »

For what it's worth, I don't expect anyone to townread me for my wall of thoughts. I would definitely do similar as scum. I mostly wanted to just start the day with that because they were a lot of things that I had been itching to say and hadn't been able to yet, and getting them all off my chest would give context for the more important things that were to come.

Probably as scum I would be more focused on casing and having clean progressions (gradually coming to the realization of reads rather than just dumping them all immediately), but I don't expect that to convince anyone.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1628, Isis wrote:
In post 1625, skitter30 wrote:Actually rereading today's posts i think coral looks a lot more townir than she did yesterday
Some of the hypotheticals contradicted by the nightswaps seem at minimum tedious to fake.
i don't really agree, i think she could have written those on day 1 just as easily (and posted them) so it isn't any more difficult to fake them overnight.

it doesn't do much for my read of her either way, is my point.

i go back and forth on Coral but i do kind of like the "what about my secret Chara scumread" post because it's just so... not something i would expect scum to just come out and say but i could see town finding unfair, in a silly sort of way.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by Chara »

kitty said the same thing in the exact next post, anyway. in fact he's been making the most sense to me all day, i really don't understand Prism's... hostility about this whole day but i'm not really keen on touching it much more than that either.
kitty making sense isn't AI to me, i think?
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Faker »

Literal definition of bad faith but OK.
In post 1613, catboi wrote:
In post 1611, Faker wrote:I'm skeptical that it is even remotely helpful if you're town, and it certainly isn't helping you if you're mafia.

I don't need to explain what's annoying. You don't need to ask.

Have your time in the sun but I'm washing my hands of it for now, as promised I'll stay out of your way for now.
if I'm scum why do you even care, I'm not beholden to making you not feel annoyed, obviously. I'm town though and you've all but declared me lockscum so I don't actually have reason to care if I'm annoying you, I'm not begging for you to townread me because I literally do not need it

cry more
In post 1643, catboi wrote:
In post 1636, Faker wrote:
In post 1627, catboi wrote:you seem to be unable to pick a lane on my alignment but are dissatisfied with me declaring decisively a course of action that does not favor you. if i'm scum you know i'm not averse to playing dirty and am not going to hold back, if i'm town and you're town and i'm being a dumbass then yes it's unfortunate but you've given me no reason to respond any differently

if we are town unable to find each other and skitter literally scumslipped in front of me only for me to go "ah, nevertheless, carry on", oh well, I'll have a laugh about it. I have no idea what you're trying to do at all here.
You literally said that if we're both town you have no reason to care about annoying me. I'm willing to vote first on Day 5 because
I really want to play and have fun
. Being a huge dick, constantly threatening to hostage take and only ever responding with WELL WHY DO YOU CARE HUH??? and refusing to accommodate for any of my strengths because I know you're willing to play dirty and not hold back just makes me want to vote skitter and have us both go back to retirement.

I don't really want to get in the gutter or prove I'm willing to throw to show I'm town. I want to have a fun game where I get to read and meta.

If you're scum, consider holding back and not playing dirty. You can play aggressive and bluff without being a gigantic jerk about it.
In post 1637, Faker wrote:Maybe I should frame it this way: If I'm scum I'm definitely holding back and not playing dirty. Consider returning the favor.
i don't think declaring i'm voting someone who is not you when i am town is emotional terrorism. If you think me not bowing down and townreading you is dickish, that is your problem, not mine. You do not get to control me or my vote and I will vote when I am ready to.

I highly suggest you get over yourself.
In post 1674, catboi wrote:
In post 1672, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1667, catboi wrote:people were speculating that as a hypothetical but but that doesn't actually suggest a meaningful associative link, no? it beingin people's guesses isn't damning, people can be right on one player and wrong on another
Fair enuf, i'm just not conviced that coral comes out worse than you in your interaction with her
understood I guess, probably better to move on to other subjects
In post 1673, skitter30 wrote:Catboi are u leaning towards me being town in the keep now?
I thought that was pretty explicit, yes. Not like 100% confident which is why I'm still questioning your POV on things you say but stated intention is to vote for you in a day or two when people won't yell at me for disrupting the game or whatever. I think Faker was counting on a default townread from me and when he didn't get it he's been trying to ATE me but he can't actually call me town so it's all been directed mostly at guilt tripping me.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:59 pm

Post by Faker »

Only to later flop and go "Oh I don't know why you'd be so upset unless you're scum"

Absolutely incredible.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:02 pm

Post by skitter30 »

can you both take a break plz ? >.>
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by Chara »

i'd appreciate it too, i don't feel like reading more arguments on who is right about who is behaving worse.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:06 pm

Post by Faker »

"worse" is disingenuous given that you clearly think he did nothing wrong at all but whatever
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

Please remember to be kind to one another.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:08 pm

Post by Chara »

@Coral, i'd be interested in you pointing at what play of mine felt pockety to you, and particularly what made you think scum Chara thought it had successfully pocketed you. the longer you don't point to the posts the more i'm ? about it. i'm not looking for a long case here, just an answer of why you felt the way you do.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by Coral »

Short answer is that I think I pocketed myself moreso than you taking direct action, but there were a few points that stood out. I did halfway type up a post about them and then got a combination of unsure/distracted/lazy/bored. I will get to that tonight, though.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1710, Faker wrote:"worse" is disingenuous given that you clearly think he did nothing wrong at all but whatever
you're right, i was trying to be diplomatic. i don't have all of this context between you two and i have no way of having it. i'm sorry if he's said something that was very hurtful to you and i didn't understand the implications of it, and i'm sorry you aren't having a good time right now, but i've spoken up as i have been when your posts have been making the game less enjoyable to
me
and making it feel very personal.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1713, Coral wrote:Short answer is that I think I pocketed myself moreso than you taking direct action, but there were a few points that stood out. I did halfway type up a post about them and then got a combination of unsure/distracted/lazy/bored. I will get to that tonight, though.
you pocketed yourself on my behalf and came out with a scumread on me? that's new. i suppose you should get better at pocketing then. :P
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by skitter30 »

rereading chara's iso i'm getting a lot of happy townvibes
idk how much weight to put into that but yeah
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

Seeking replacement for Faker.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:19 pm

Post by skitter30 »

sadz :/
Show
Hiatus once more.

Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:20 pm

Post by Coral »

:(
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:23 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 1715, Chara wrote:
In post 1713, Coral wrote:Short answer is that I think I pocketed myself moreso than you taking direct action, but there were a few points that stood out. I did halfway type up a post about them and then got a combination of unsure/distracted/lazy/bored. I will get to that tonight, though.
you pocketed yourself on my behalf and came out with a scumread on me? that's new. i suppose you should get better at pocketing then. :P
aahhhhh see this is funny and then I want to townread you for it and then i want to scumread you for making me townread you even though it's entirely my own fault
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:24 pm

Post by Chara »

i don't know what to do now.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1708, skitter30 wrote:can you both take a break plz ? >.>
skitter I have made a point of disengaging and am limiting myself to talking exclusively about others. I am working my way back through the players in the wall before a reread of absinthe.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:26 pm

Post by catboi »

i wrote that before seeing the mod post

i'm just going to move on
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:26 pm

Post by skitter30 »

that was prob directed more towards prism than you
but at this point we should probably move on

but ty for trying to disengage
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Completed Open Games”