Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #6675 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:56 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 6672, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 6670, Radical Rat wrote:particularly the overlap with CSF's Watcher-type role,
I also see zero conflict with CSF's role

There's not an issue with more than one 'watcher'-type effects being in the game

The actual effect of my role is very easily confirmable if that's something that people want
You both perform the same basic function of determining if something happened to a target. Your claim is more powerful, but it's still peculiar to me that multiple roles would serve the same utility simultaneously.

If CSF only worked at Night and you only worked at Noon, or vice versa, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But CSF is claiming to set a target during Night and receive results until next Night. And you're claiming to actively choose a target and send results for both Night and Noon. It pushes the claims from being complementary to contradictory in my mind.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6676 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:07 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

VC 4.0.8

Ydrasse (4) Meuh, Cat Scratch Fever, Professotic, Junkochan [E-3]

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow (2) Radical Rat, Mathblade
Meuh (2) Ydrasse, Enchant

Firebringer (1) Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Professotic (1) T-Bone,
Cat Scratch Fever (1) Firebringer

Not Voting (2): Porkens, Past Present Future ,

With 13 Alive it takes 7 to eliminate
Deadline: 1 day*
*Deadline Frozen for Porkens Replacement

Last edited by MegAzumarill on Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #6677 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:18 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 6651, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 6647, T-Bone wrote:We're on the same page. I have the Toog slot (I think Porken now), Ydrasse, PPF in my PoE. I know you quoted a few posts of Toog and said "this is town" but can you explain why?
And people seriously wonder why I’m not efforting more. :roll:
something we can agree on
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6678 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:18 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 6652, MathBlade wrote:
In post 6642, JunkoChan wrote:
In post 6637, T-Bone wrote:
In post 6635, JunkoChan wrote:Because Proffesor always tunnels(?)
Why is it an issue for you that I'm doing it?
Because you are suddenly being obnoxious, I've changed My mind about people a few times since i joined, Math keeps jumping from one pole to the other but You are making a huge deal out of this and disregarding anything that doesn't click with your narrative
Not jumping. Active listening.
potato potato

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6679 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:19 am

Post by Dingle Dangle Scarecrow »

In post 6674, MathBlade wrote:
In post 6670, Radical Rat wrote:particularly the overlap with CSF's Watcher-type role,

There's not an issue with more than one 'watcher'-type effects being in the game

The actual effect of my role is very easily confirmable if that's something that people want
It’s more I don’t think all three can be town and yours is the most sus.
Why do you think all three can't be town and why do you think RR is town
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6680 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:22 am

In post 6675, Radical Rat wrote:

You both perform the same basic function of determining if something happened to a target. Your claim is more powerful, but it's still peculiar to me that multiple roles would serve the same utility simultaneously.

If CSF only worked at Night and you only worked at Noon, or vice versa, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But CSF is claiming to set a target during Night and receive results until next Night. And you're claiming to actively choose a target and send results for both Night and Noon. It pushes the claims from being complementary to contradictory in my mind.
The roles are similar but have different power levels

Actually your use of the word 'complimentary' has made me realise that CSF and I are probably meant to target the same person to amplify the utility we both provide
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6681 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6679, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 6674, MathBlade wrote:

It’s more I don’t think all three can be town and yours is the most sus.
Why do you think all three can't be town and why do you think RR is town
I think RR is either town or someone who can’t die yet. If RR is lunar scum then he’s stopping Solar scum unless that’s exactly RR+TBone lunar. That’s pretty low odds to me. So an RR elim doesn’t seem protown.

I think that all three of you are in essence claiming the same type of actions (four if we count Meuh) which check whether someone could have been hit with some kind of action.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6682 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:24 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 6680, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 6675, Radical Rat wrote:

The roles are similar but have different power levels

Actually your use of the word 'complimentary' has made me realise that CSF and I are probably meant to target the same person to amplify the utility we both provide
if you think having to out 2 power roles for coordination that depend on the enemy not knowing that you are using them in the first place is balanced, Idk what to tell you, besides, never host kthx

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6683 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:25 am

Post by JunkoChan »

they might as well be VT lol

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6684 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:27 am

...wait a second

RR protects from burns, which seem to happen at Noon
I give someone a self-watch ability

Hypothetical: we have the ability to learn *quite a lot* about the setup by having every town-aligned PR agree to target the same person tonight

Someone please tell me why that's a horrible idea
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6685 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:29 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6684, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:...wait a second

Hypothetical: we have the ability to learn *quite a lot* about the setup by having every town-aligned PR agree to target the same person tonight

That’s a horrible idea because scum get a free burn not on that person
And whatever lunar and solar do in ebilness they get for free.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6686 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:29 am

In post 6682, JunkoChan wrote:if you think having to out 2 power roles for coordination that depend on the enemy not knowing that you are using them in the first place is balanced, Idk what to tell you, besides, never host kthx
Alright I'll just shut up then
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6687 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:30 am

Post by JunkoChan »

I'm gonna pull one out of Datisi's book and say that this post makes me want to kashoot myself

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6688 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:31 am

In post 6685, MathBlade wrote:That’s a horrible idea because scum get a free burn not on that person
They're incredibly likely to get a burn on someone anyway. The odds of a doc/related role actually successfully hitting are very low
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6689 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:31 am

In post 6687, JunkoChan wrote:

I'm gonna pull one out of Datisi's book and say that this post makes me want to kashoot myself
Please stop
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6690 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6688, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 6685, MathBlade wrote:That’s a horrible idea because scum get a free burn not on that person
They're incredibly likely to get a burn on someone anyway. The odds of a doc/related role actually successfully hitting are very low
So then your response is to try to stop what’s clearly working in order to what? Has everyone on the same target when it’s very likely the role claims are believed but it’s a matter of alignment why?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6691 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:35 am

Post by MathBlade »

This isn’t like the recent normal where follow the cop voyeur worked. The normal granted the vig had to be town and guaranteed alignments resulted.

If we did that plan we don’t learn anything and scum do whatever they want.

The only reason for that type of consolidation is if the protown benefit is greater than what the roles provide apart.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6692 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:36 am

In post 6690, MathBlade wrote:So then your response is to try to stop what’s clearly working in order to what? Has everyone on the same target when it’s very likely the role claims are believed but it’s a matter of alignment why?
In theory a lot of people would have to be held accountable by the person who knows that they were targeted by them

Like I said, probably a horrible idea
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6693 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:38 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6692, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 6690, MathBlade wrote:So then your response is to try to stop what’s clearly working in order to what? Has everyone on the same target when it’s very likely the role claims are believed but it’s a matter of alignment why?
In theory a lot of people would have to be held accountable by the person who knows that they were targeted by them

Don’t suggest ideas until and unless you’re able to defend them.

I feel like you’re grasping at straws to survive rather than hunting.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6694 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:39 am

Post by JunkoChan »

you said..?

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6695 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:41 am

In post 6693, MathBlade wrote:Don’t suggest ideas until and unless you’re able to defend them.
Don't tell me how to play, thanks. I'll bring up whatever I want to bring up.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6696 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:41 am

Post by JunkoChan »

am I being stupid here or this post reads as it should be written by mathblade and not dingle

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6697 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6696, JunkoChan wrote:

am I being stupid here or this post reads as it should be written by mathblade and not dingle
You’re being illogical. I write posts like that when they are thought out and the net benefit is protown.

I do not jest about horrible ideas.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #6698 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:43 am

Post by Radical Rat »

If the target happens to be scum, they can lie about the results.
Everyone who isn't the target is guaranteed to be safe for whatever scum wants to do, including the involved PRs.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6699 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:44 am

In post 6693, MathBlade wrote:I feel like you’re grasping at straws to survive rather than hunting.
I refer you to for my most recent bout of hunting, if you're interested in doing something other than searching for a reason to end the day in my elimination

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”