Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:52 am

Post by Ectomancer »

@Ortolan -
Ectomancer wrote:Your impulsiveness ratcheted up an existing live wagon. Are you saying your motivations were not to increase the pressure, nor to advance that bandwagon? It was simply any impulsive thing you did with no thought put to it?
@Orangepenguin
Ectomancer wrote:OrangePenguin, your pbps missed a ton of point by points, and it also got several of the points flat out wrong. You are welcome to talk about that if you are going to avoid putting a case for your vote into your own words anyhow.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by ortolan »

I did want to advance the bandwagon, but in retrospect I didn't have good reason to.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by mykonian »

but you did. Why did you want to advance the bandwagon? How would it help us?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by ortolan »

Impatience, the prospect of lynching scum etc.

It's like gambling.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by vollkan »

Ortolan wrote: Saying that I "hedged" my arguments then attempted to "slink away" seems to be exactly the sort of thing that falls into the category of being unrebuttable. It's a particular spin you're putting on my actions. While it is certainly a feasible hypothesis that I am scum and tried to distance myself from the responsibility for my vote from the get-go, I can only claim what it was- a poor voting choice.
Ugh...this defence really should be on the list as one of my pet-peeves

Your logic here is absurd, because ANY action can be spun as something that either town or scum could so. If we didn't hold people culpable for any actions which might possibly be "poor voting choices", town wouldn't ever win. A scumbag quick-hammers: "Oopsie! Poor voting choice". Somebody fakeclaims cop: "Oopsie! Poor claiming choice". Etc. etc. This is a game of incomplete information for town and, as such, town HAS to rely upon drawing reasonable inferences as to the likely motivations of certain actions. By this logic, the only time it is ever possible to lynch somebody is if they are confirmed by the mod to be scum - which, needless to say, doesn't happen in mafia until after death.

In your case, you never justify your vote and you are consistently stressing how weak your inclinations are. My point that it suggests you were dodging accountability is a particular spin I am putting on your actions, and I make no effort to gloss over that fact. Faced with the two viable possibilities of "scum avoiding accountability" and "town casting dodgy vote", the former is the more reasonable choice - because the latter depends upon a presumption of aberrant play.

I guess the best way to put this is that we all play with a presumption that other people are competent. If somebody does something which is only consistent with them being pro-town in the event in a scenario where some lapse has to occur in their standard of play, that action should generally be treated as a scumtell.

(Btw, I will say now that this line of talking has a tendency to veer dangerously into a pure theory discussion about "What is a scumtell?" It's a debate which never ends in MD, and which we should not be having, to an unreasonable extent, in this game. Getting into a debate about the philosophy of mafia is a diversion, not a defence)
Ortloan wrote: And people I feel often forget on the first day that, chances are, you're not going to catch scum, you're going to lynch a townie. Thus in some sense I feel people read more into votes than there is. Technically if you feel you've come to odds better than what your prior probability would be (20% or 30% in this game depending on whether there are 2 or 3 scum) at any point then a vote's probably justified.
:lol: Nice try.

Whether or not a vote is justified is a question that has to be answered objectively. A politician may say "I feel my decision to enter a war was justified because I thought there was a threat", but that doesn't make it so. You gave no explanation for your professed belief that their were better-than-random prospects of him being scum.
Ortolan wrote: Of course, what your publicly announced justification for your vote is is a different matter
No. The public justification is everything.
Ortolan wrote: As I said, I had, at the time, a slight preference for Ectomancer. I was then asked to justify it, so tried. I believe there's a psychological phenomenon whereby if people believe something, irrespective of whether it has any factual basis, they will attempt to rationalise it by coming up with supporting arguments. I'm also of the belief that some people often go on hunches or even more sophisticated reasoning than that they actually announce to the town- because there's certain accepted conventions in mafia that irrationally make some ways of argument more "accepted" than others. One example is putting a vote on an existing bandwagon without what is felt as acceptable reasoning by others, as I did. Then if you stay on it, you're asked to give better reasoning. If you unvote, you're portrayed as distancing yourself from your initial vote. So it can often almost directly lead to your own lynch, just as for example self-voting can in other games (sometimes even if done during the random phase).
A reductio ad absurdum of your confirmation bias argument would lead to the conclusion that we shouldn't expect any votes to be justified, since people are ultimately just voting based on emotional presuppositions. The assertion that we are all playing according to subsconscious biases is unfalsifiable. If this game is to be anything other than just a random slew of votes, we need to play on the presumption that we are all acting rationally. That means that proper reasoning is required from all players. If a player cannot show that they are actually thinking about who is scum, then the most reasonable conclusion will ordinarily be that they are themselves scum.
Ectomancer wrote:
ortolan wrote:While it is certainly a feasible hypothesis that I am scum and tried to distance myself from the responsibility for my vote from the get-go, I can only claim what it was- a poor voting choice.
Here's my problem. I dont get the impression that you unvoted because it was a poor voting choice. I get the impression that you are now saying it was a poor voting choice due to the flack you got over it from all sides. (something Im certain you didnt expect) Your case wasn't developed because you were trying to ride the coattails of others. Mine was a developing wagon. My opinion is that you may have been trying to reserve a 'safe' seat on the bus. You didn't start the wagon, thus avoiding too much attention, and you don't have to end it either, once again avoiding too much attention.

The telling event here is your referencing orangepenguin as a source for your case, when he said himself that it wasn't one. Additionally, you had to climb over the posts where I demonstrated where his analysis fell short, or was just wrong. You didn't even talk about those points at all, or really any other point from anyone else either.

I'm also not satisified with you answer concerning the justification of your original vote. Telling us that you no longer believe it, therefor why would you explain something you don't believe is hogwash. You know why you did it back then, and current belief holds no bearing on a belief you supposedly once held.
QFT
Springlullaby wrote: Are you deliberately isolating my statement from the rest of my post here? Here your quoting makes it appear as if I have voted you without reason, but the rest of that post you quoted states clearly why I think your votes sucked.
I didn't pick up on this. Good find.
Mykonian wrote: I appoligise for annoying you. I'm afraid I knew that could happen. Still I don't agree with you. You simply explain Ecto's behaviour, without any points why. Just saying that I shouldn't have missed it. You avoid proof that way. More people go after Ecto because he is "too agressive". Also explaining the behaviour, without telling where, and if this is scummy.
I seem to have given you the wrong impression. When I said "missed it", what I meant was that you seemed to have missed my posts discussing the existence of prejudice in his statements. I wasn't avoiding proof. My statement was essentially saying that "The tone of the attacks is relevant, in case you missed my reasoning in previous posts, because it shows prejudice".
ecto wrote: And Ecto's point with the sheep is valid. It is not weird people would pick on you, because you made yourself special. The reactions from you that followed Ecto thought scummy (I really don't know if agree with them, seem weak), not the vote itself. Your defense assumes he votes for the selfvote.
This isn't true.

As I have said repeatedly now, I don't take opposition to self-voting as a scumtell (that would be absurd). Ecto challenging my self-vote was not scummy in and of itself. What followed, and the reason I challenged his question requiring an explanation, was to see why he thought that self-voting needed justification. As I have said, it became apparent that his attack was all bark and no bite.

If we then apply that later evidence back to the initial question, we see that the initial questioning of the self-vote, it becomes apparent that, whilst somebody might have legitimately been inquiring for good reasons, Ecto was not.
Mykonian wrote: Even if OP can't point the finger to it, and I can't too, I feel the orto wagon went too fast. Not right on this moment. It is on weak reasons, bad posts from orto.
How do you reason that it went "too fast"? It hasn't had a conclusion yet

And what about the reasons do you consider weak?
Ortoloan wrote: You can make an argument for someone being scum for joining a bandwagon at any stage. "You started the bandwagon against him, therefore you're scum", "you were the second vote in the bandwagon, if that isn't scummy I don't know what is", "you were the third vote on the bandwagon- you were trying to join an already established bandwagon and hope you could ride it to the end"..."you hammered, you're getting lynched next". I worry that most people's case against me relies on very specific interpretations of what my goals were, which are no more privileged than any other interpretation. This is really no different from what I said in post 143:
See my rant at the top of this post. Every attack has to rely on a specific interpretation because town doesn't have complete information. This is no defence and is simply a means of using a poor theory argument to justify any sort of behaviour.
Mykonian wrote: It's speculation about my motives rather than any coherent and internally consistent case for me being mafia.

I could say for example "vollkan's gambit was intended purely so he would have a device for continually launching suspicion on different people- firstly he could launch suspicion on those who called him on his self-vote, then he could launch suspicion on those who called the caller on his self-vote etc., basically a mafia's dream". However this is just an interpretation. It is ironic however that the people who attack me either aren't aware of or deliberately ignore the fact that what I am being attacked for- making a subjective determination, is exactly what they're doing in attacking me, they're just better at pretending they're not being subjective.

This is also very relevant to springlullaby's case against me:

(The statement I quoted was "Two non joke votes, two vote that sucks." and asked for an explanation for it)
Even ignoring my meta, the self-voting argument you present above is invalid because there are reasonable arguments in favour of self-voting. There are no reasonable arguments for crappy play and so, whilst the possibility of error precludes us from taking poor play as a solid instant obv scum tell, it is reasonable to rationalise such play as scummy.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by ortolan »

Fair enough vollkan, point taken.

orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

mykonian wrote:but you did. Why did you want to advance the bandwagon? How would it help us?
He advanced it because I voted it. He knows my role, so he trusted that I was right.

@ort: A future note - Don't vote somebody JUST because I do. I might not always be right, so go on what you think yourself. If you think ecto is scum too, then fine, but it kind of looked bad.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:18 pm

Post by SpyreX »

...Wait, did you just mason claim?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:46 pm

Post by mrfixij »

Mason or scum it looks like.
Also answer to 'e, it, scumbag, 'ey you!, and his royal towniness.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:51 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Unvote

I'd like this cleared up and, of course, I have a few questions. :P
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:41 pm

Post by mykonian »

vollkan wrote:
ortolan wrote: As I said, I had, at the time, a slight preference for Ectomancer. I was then asked to justify it, so tried. I believe there's a psychological phenomenon whereby if people believe something, irrespective of whether it has any factual basis, they will attempt to rationalise it by coming up with supporting arguments. I'm also of the belief that some people often go on hunches or even more sophisticated reasoning than that they actually announce to the town- because there's certain accepted conventions in mafia that irrationally make some ways of argument more "accepted" than others. One example is putting a vote on an existing bandwagon without what is felt as acceptable reasoning by others, as I did. Then if you stay on it, you're asked to give better reasoning. If you unvote, you're portrayed as distancing yourself from your initial vote. So it can often almost directly lead to your own lynch, just as for example self-voting can in other games (sometimes even if done during the random phase).
A reductio ad absurdum of your confirmation bias argument would lead to the conclusion that we shouldn't expect any votes to be justified, since people are ultimately just voting based on emotional presuppositions. The assertion that we are all playing according to subsconscious biases is unfalsifiable. If this game is to be anything other than just a random slew of votes, we need to play on the presumption that we are all acting rationally. That means that proper reasoning is required from all players. If a player cannot show that they are actually thinking about who is scum, then the most reasonable conclusion will ordinarily be that they are themselves scum.
If you give valid reasons why you do something (vote/unvote/FoS), nobody will attack you. With your vote, the "valid reasons" part lacked. So you are attacked.
vollkan wrote:
ecto wrote:
And Ecto's point with the sheep is valid. It is not weird people would pick on you, because you made yourself special. The reactions from you that followed Ecto thought scummy (I really don't know if agree with them, seem weak), not the vote itself. Your defense assumes he votes for the selfvote.
This isn't true.

As I have said repeatedly now, I don't take opposition to self-voting as a scumtell (that would be absurd). Ecto challenging my self-vote was not scummy in and of itself. What followed, and the reason I challenged his question requiring an explanation, was to see why he thought that self-voting needed justification. As I have said, it became apparent that his attack was all bark and no bite.

If we then apply that later evidence back to the initial question, we see that the initial questioning of the self-vote, it becomes apparent that, whilst somebody might have legitimately been inquiring for good reasons, Ecto was not.
mykonian wrote:
Even if OP can't point the finger to it, and I can't too, I feel the orto wagon went too fast. Not right on this moment. It is on weak reasons, bad posts from orto.
How do you reason that it went "too fast"? It hasn't had a conclusion yet

And what about the reasons do you consider weak?
The first quote is mine too, not ecto's. And of course you say the reasons against you are weak, but I'm sorry, we can see that different (I don't say I do, I just have no read on you). But you made yourself "special" by the selfvote, and you get attention for that.

The orto bandwagon is going too fast, because within a few posts 3 votes are on him for a weak reasoned vote. With me it would make 4, or L-2. It could very well be a newby mistake (it quite looks like that to me).
vollkan wrote:
mykonian wrote:
It's speculation about my motives rather than any coherent and internally consistent case for me being mafia.

I could say for example "vollkan's gambit was intended purely so he would have a device for continually launching suspicion on different people- firstly he could launch suspicion on those who called him on his self-vote, then he could launch suspicion on those who called the caller on his self-vote etc., basically a mafia's dream". However this is just an interpretation. It is ironic however that the people who attack me either aren't aware of or deliberately ignore the fact that what I am being attacked for- making a subjective determination, is exactly what they're doing in attacking me, they're just better at pretending they're not being subjective.

(The statement I quoted was "Two non joke votes, two vote that sucks." and asked for an explanation for it)
lol, this is clearly not my quote Vollkan... I don't think I ever used the words "internally consistent", "coherent", "device" or "subjective determination" in any mafia game. Clearly Ecto's.

ok, that semi-claim seems to confirm orto. I would believe them.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:21 am

Post by vollkan »

Ortolan wrote: Fair enough vollkan, point taken.
Good. Now that we've disposed of your defence, let's get back on track:
What was it, specifically, that Ecto said or did which you found sufficiently scummy to justify a vote?
orangepenguin wrote:
mykonian wrote:but you did. Why did you want to advance the bandwagon? How would it help us?
He advanced it because I voted it. He knows my role, so he trusted that I was right.

@ort: A future note - Don't vote somebody JUST because I do. I might not always be right, so go on what you think yourself. If you think ecto is scum too, then fine, but it kind of looked bad.
Ugh...
Unvote

If this is a mason claim (and I think that's the most reasonable explanation), it is a horrid play by OP. A non-suspected partner should NEVER claim before the suspected one - yet alone where a claim hasn't even been requested.

OP, if you are indeed claiming masons then please unambiguously state so right now but, I urge you and Ortolan, only claim masonness (ie. if either of you is a power mason, do NOT claim that - this instruction might seem obvious, but Orto's play thus far, if he is town, and the very fact that OP claimed at all make me think that they need all the help they can get :roll:)
Ixfij wrote: Mason or scum it looks like.
Scum is possible (ie. mafia going after a suspected SK/other mafia), but I think mason is the more reasonable hypothesis - given that D1 scum in a mini normal would tend not to presume the existence of other scum.
Mykonian wrote: If you give valid reasons why you do something (vote/unvote/FoS), nobody will attack you. With your vote, the "valid reasons" part lacked. So you are attacked.
Who is this addressed to?
Mykonian wrote: The first quote is mine too, not ecto's. And of course you say the reasons against you are weak, but I'm sorry, we can see that different (I don't say I do, I just have no read on you). But you made yourself "special" by the selfvote, and you get attention for that.
I assume you mean Ecto's reasons for opposing the self-vote. This isn't simply a matter of opinion, he gave no reasons other than what was, effectively, "I dun' like it".

Being special doesn't mean justification is required.
Mykonian wrote: The orto bandwagon is going too fast, because within a few posts 3 votes are on him for a weak reasoned vote. With me it would make 4, or L-2. It could very well be a newby mistake (it quite looks like that to me).
Simply stating the speed of the wagon doesn't demonstrate it is going "too fast".

(The reason I labour this point is that it is very common for scum to snipe at a wagon from outside with such attacks. That isn't an accusation against you; it's simply to explain why I consider this an important enough matter to discuss)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:40 am

Post by mykonian »

vollkan wrote:
Mykonian wrote: If you give valid reasons why you do something (vote/unvote/FoS), nobody will attack you. With your vote, the "valid reasons" part lacked. So you are attacked.
Who is this addressed to?

to orto. I tried to explain what went wrong in his reasoning. He said he was pretty unable to vote, or unvote because everything looked scummy.

Mykonian wrote: The first quote is mine too, not ecto's. And of course you say the reasons against you are weak, but I'm sorry, we can see that different (I don't say I do, I just have no read on you). But you made yourself "special" by the selfvote, and you get attention for that.
I assume you mean Ecto's reasons for opposing the self-vote. This isn't simply a matter of opinion, he gave no reasons other than what was, effectively, "I dun' like it".

Being special doesn't mean justification is required.

being special means you are looked at. After that, Ecto thought you scummy, for reasons you think not valid. After that, you vote him. (I'm not going to say OMGUS). That you don't see the reasons for a vote on you is allright, but it is not like you are going to say they would be good.

Mykonian wrote: The orto bandwagon is going too fast, because within a few posts 3 votes are on him for a weak reasoned vote. With me it would make 4, or L-2. It could very well be a newby mistake (it quite looks like that to me).
Simply stating the speed of the wagon doesn't demonstrate it is going "too fast".

(The reason I labour this point is that it is very common for scum to snipe at a wagon from outside with such attacks. That isn't an accusation against you; it's simply to explain why I consider this an important enough matter to discuss)

I'm not going to put a someone on day 1 within 1 page. Also, that Orto's vote looked like a newby mistake (be honest, an experienced player would never have done it, and if orto-scum did it on purpose, he would be a great player), and that most of it was based on one piece of evidence didn't convince me. I'm happy that orto would prove mason. That would solve this whole thing.
bolded is mine.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:01 am

Post by TDC »

They've claimed masons one page ago.

How did you guys miss that?
orangepenguin wrote:I know for a fact that ortolan's wagon is wrong, which I am not going to elaborate on at this point
Translation: I'm mason with ortolan.
I wrote:ortolan: What's your read on orangepenguin?
Translation: Is that correct, ortolan?
ortolan wrote:100% town
Translation: Yes.

I find it very unlikely that they are gambling scum.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:04 am

Post by ortolan »

Yes, we are masons. In case you're wondering my role pm specifically guarantees both our alignments (town). And yes, I'm aware I played very badly as mason and your point is noted OP.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:06 am

Post by ortolan »

I would have mentioned it earlier to avoid wasting everyone's time (seeing as I was otherwise probably going to just get lynched anyway) but I had the vague hope someone might put on an obviously dodgy vote for me (as I did on Ectomancer, lol) which could be called into question when me/OP claimed.

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:10 am

Post by vollkan »

mykonian wrote: being special means you are looked at.
Indeed it does. There is a gulf of difference between "looked at" and "questioned". On seeing my self-vote, unless somebody had a reasoned objection, they shouldn't have probed me prejudicially. Otherwise it is just fishing.
Mykonian wrote: I'm not going to put a someone on day 1 within 1 page. Also, that Orto's vote looked like a newby mistake (be honest, an experienced player would never have done it, and if orto-scum did it on purpose, he would be a great player), and that most of it was based on one piece of evidence didn't convince me. I'm happy that orto would prove mason. That would solve this whole thing.
Look, I accept completely your argument against the wagon on Orto itself. I myself raised the issue of him being a newbie town, but his level of articulation made me lean against that. Indeed, even the latest post by him which I hit with reductio ad absurdum, was nonetheless very well written.

That said, this seems more to be an objection (albeit a very legitimate one) to the reasons for the wagon, rather than to the
speed
of the wagon.

I'm just trying to tease out here that there is a distinction between disagreeing with the wagonners, and thinking the wagonners are proceeding too quickly. You've adequately justified yourself on the first front but not, I think, on the second.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:50 am

Post by mykonian »

A bandwagon that grows fast, means people that jump on easily. I don't like those people, so I don't like fast bandwagons. And at least some people saw this could be a newby mistake, and that only makes it more wrong.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:37 am

Post by Ectomancer »

mykonian wrote:
vollkan wrote:
mykonian wrote:
It's speculation about my motives rather than any coherent and internally consistent case for me being mafia.

lol, this is clearly not my quote Vollkan... I don't think I ever used the words "internally consistent", "coherent", "device" or "subjective determination" in any mafia game. Clearly Ecto's.
No, this is Ortolan's post 189.

Getting your quote pyramid wrong is generating confusion Vollkan. Due diligence please.
Try again with the responses directed to the correct player? My question now is if you responded to the original, correct player who made the quotes, or if your response was to the player that you made
appear
to have made those quotes.
We're proven to have 2 players who dont generate cases of their own, and 1 who does pbpa's that get the pbp's wrong. Worse, 1 is blindly following the other with their vote.
It makes for an easily manipulated situation. You commented on something like this earlier:
Vollkan wrote:I guess the best way to put this is that we all play with a presumption that other people are competent. If somebody does something which is only consistent with them being pro-town in the event in a scenario where some lapse has to occur in their standard of play, that action should generally be treated as a scumtell.
Is this an "Oopsie! Wrong player assigned to the quotes!"

Personally, I'd have to flip a coin to decide whether this was an accident or not. Ordinarily, I would say, likely accident, as anyone could go back and show where it was wrong.
Problem is, we've got the two O's whom we know dont read or think for themselves, and then Mykonian, who I dont consider incompetent
also
got the wrong player for that particular quote.

Firm it up will you?

Fixed quote tags, you other silly goose!

Reminder: Don't put any spaces in your quote tags.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by vollkan »

Ectomancer wrote:
mykonian wrote:
vollkan wrote:
mykonian wrote:

No, this is Ortolan's post 189.

Getting your quote pyramid wrong is generating confusion Vollkan. Due diligence please.
Try again with the responses directed to the correct player? My question now is if you responded to the original, correct player who made the quotes, or if your response was to the player that you made
appear
to have made those quotes.
We're proven to have 2 players who dont generate cases of their own, and 1 who does pbpa's that get the pbp's wrong. Worse, 1 is blindly following the other with their vote.
It makes for an easily manipulated situation. You commented on something like this earlier:
Vollkan wrote:I guess the best way to put this is that we all play with a presumption that other people are competent. If somebody does something which is only consistent with them being pro-town in the event in a scenario where some lapse has to occur in their standard of play, that action should generally be treated as a scumtell.
Is this an "Oopsie! Wrong player assigned to the quotes!"

Personally, I'd have to flip a coin to decide whether this was an accident or not. Ordinarily, I would say, likely accident, as anyone could go back and show where it was wrong.
Problem is, we've got the two O's whom we know dont read or think for themselves, and then Mykonian, who I dont consider incompetent
also
got the wrong player for that particular quote.

Firm it up will you?
You know, I don't think I have played a single game where I haven't messed up quote tags. It's a very easy thing to do. See, I don't know about you, but I type out each quote tag. What that means is that if I get into the mode of arguing against somebody or, at least, responding to them many times, I reflexively come to type their name in (eg. my writing in your name by mistake). I do try not to do it, but sometimes they slip through.

Fixed quote tags, you other silly goose!
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Yeah, I generally copy/paste into notepad, especially when Im having to jump back and forth through the thread for different quotes. Helps keep the mistakes to a minimum.

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by vollkan »

Irony - I messed up the quote tags in the post above :lol:
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Rage »

I fixed the quote tags in post #218 (Ectomancer) and post #219 (vollkan) for easier reading.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

*sigh* - duly acknowledged.

springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Unvote

Second time I provoke a mason claim day 1 in recent history.

Ortolan, OP: you being claimed does not entitle you to being passive, if you guys are genuine you have nothing to fear now so step up.

I have finished my reread, I'll post my thoughts on the game so far next post when I summon the energy to write it up.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”