Mafia 88- Return to New Catania- Game Over!

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:15 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Anyway, as I said before, I don't really think that any side of this debate is especally scummy, so I'm going to start pressuring lurkers.

Lurker List:

Killa seven: Only two posts, no content at all.
killa seven wrote:hey guys.
and
killa seven wrote:i need a read
Natirasha: Has only posted once, and that was a self vote. Apparently had some kind of real life problem, but his sig now claims that he is "slowly getting access back". We need to hear from him soon.

Millitant: Three posts, no content. His last post said that:
Millitant wrote: Sorry about the recent inactivity on my part, a relative of mine fell ill, I have otherwise been preoccupied with visiting her. I will re read tomorrow and offer my opinions and thoughts then.
I certanly understand real life stuff getting in the way, but you made this post back on the 10th, promising you'd re-read "tommorow". Have you had a chance to do that yet?

Puta Puta: Has been more active the last few days. I'm curious to hear if he has any reasoning for why he said "let's all vote for Sensfan", but then didn't vote for sensfan himself.

ZTR: Lurker. Hasn't posted since November 8th.

xyzzy: Lurker. Posted once to apologize for not confirming, way back on november 8th. Has not posted since.

Panda Stomper 85: Has not posted at all this game.

George Carlin: Even though he started all this debate, he hasn't posted since November 7th.

Tubby216: Has not posted at all this game.

Mod, could you please prod ZTR, xyzzy, Panda Stomper 85, George Carlin, and Tubby216?

Out of the lurkers, some might have just forgotten about the game; the ones that look scummiest are Killa Seven (who clearly hasn't forgotten about the game, but hasn't said anything yet) and xyzzy (who I expect more then this from from).

vote:Killa Seven
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:37 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

i am supremely disturbed by yos' lurkerhunt
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

OhGodMyLife wrote:i am supremely disturbed by yos' lurkerhunt
I'm disturbed more people aren't paying attention to who is lurking and who isn't. I'm tried of always having to be the only guy who even bothers to figure out who's been lurking, and then inevitably being attacked for it, even though it's clearly in the best interests of the town.

In fact, now that I think of it, didn't YOU say:
OhGodMyLife wrote: Also, lurking will not be tolerated for much longer.
So why are you trying to protect the lurkers now?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:47 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I'm not protecting lurkers, I already found scum, and thats more important.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:48 am

Post by The Fonz »

Yosarian2 wrote: Tubby216: Has not posted at all this game.

Mod, could you please prod ZTR, xyzzy, Panda Stomper 85, George Carlin, and Tubby216?
Xyzzy has been given his second and final prod. Panda Stomper has already been prodded, and picked it up. He will be replaced if he hasn't posted by tomorrow night. George Carlin and ZTR will be prodded; Tubby posted as recently as wednesday, so does not require prodding as of yet, but will be if he doesn't post over the weekend.
Last edited by The Fonz on Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Seraphim »

Hey, sweet. Read(and further reread) completed! And guess what? I have a major problem with SensFan's logic and an ever greater problem with Puta Puta. Before I delve into that, though, I think it would be best if I cleared up any sort of confusion I created back in the beginning of the game.
When I put down my vote, I assumed that Hoopla's quote...
Don't like this. Although the random voting stage isn't particularly vital,
it can often help jumpstart conversation, get reactions going, etc.
This vote provides no information to the town that can be discussed later.....
had meant that he didn't like conversations. When BM laid down the FoS, I tried to figure why the hell he was putting on me; why wasn't my vote valid? I couldn't figure it out, so I made my post afterwards. BM offered to retract his FoS if I unvoted, and since there must be a reason for it all, I unvoted. Then I realized why I was under fire from BM about it; he was quoting that to say that he was
trying to fish for reactions
. So now I'm beating myself up because I caused trouble for myself because I was too daft to realize that Hoopla voted No-Lynch to fish for reactions.

Now, SensFan, I really don't like the entire idea of 'he voted No-Lynch, let's lynch him'. I can see where you're coming from, but since then, he hasn't done anything remarkably scummy. I also don't like how you're changing your vote around as you read through the game. Clearly, I'm not the only one who has a problem with this. However, I don't find it as scummy as some of the others do.

But I have a definite problem with Puta Puta. Lurk, much?
zomg i totally forgot about this thread O_o
Um...cool? How many other games are you in?
"Ye gods, it doth amaze me,
A man of such a feeble temper should
So get the start of the majestic world,
And bear the palm alone."
This post bears little or no content that actually pertains to anything. Unless you can explain how it does?
Yes, let's all vote SensFan.

Why? This is your first post with content that pertains to the game and it is incredibly...scummy? It's pretty much saying "Let's all vote SensFan for no reason without me actually voting for SensFan at all!"

Vote: Puta Puta
Obv lurker scum.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:10 am

Post by tubby216 »

@ yos
i have posted i have been reading i have nothing of substance to post, untill something pops up that i need to adress i prefer to stay out of the way
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:56 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

^^^ Now THERE'S a lurker who warrants some real pressure
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:00 am

Post by Seraphim »

i have posted i have been reading i have nothing of substance to post, untill something pops up that i need to adress i prefer to stay out of the way
I don't like this either.

Unvote, Vote: tubby216
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Hoopla »

tubby216 wrote:@ yos
I don't like this either. I also endorse the lurker hunt.

unvote, vote: tubby216
. You have something to talk about now.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:21 am

Post by tubby216 »

nope still don't,,, there is nothing of substance to be had anywhere,, so yah lynch me if you want its ok by me although i would sugest looking elsewhere
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:35 am

Post by SensFan »

Vote: tubby
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Ectomancer »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:Yos, hurry up and put your money where your mouth is before you start looking scummy.
Why are you rushing him? Why would his lack of a vote on SirT at this juncture be scummy?
It doesn't have to be Sir T if he doesn't think Sir T warrants a vote, but I get a bad feeling when someone sits back and doesn't vote at all.

Why did you feel the need to make note of my comment, but not Shanba's similar post?
You said hurry up, he didn't. He simply asked why there was no vote.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:43 am

Post by The Fonz »

The 'Times are a-changin' really quickly votecount:

Hoopla (3)- GeorgeCarlin, Sobeahero, Der Hammer
Tubby216 (3): Seraphim, Hoopla, SensFan
Sensfan (2) - curiouskarmadog, Battle Mage
Sir Tornado (2): OhGodMyLife, Shanba
GeorgeCarlin (1)- militant
OhGodMyLife (1) - Ectomancer
xyzzy (1) - farside22
CuriousKarmaDog (1) - tubby216
Natirasha (1): Natirasha
Killa Seven (1): Yosarian2

Not voting: Sir Tornado, xyzzy, Puta Puta, Panda Stomper 85, Killa Seven, ZTR
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Yosarian2 wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:i am supremely disturbed by yos' lurkerhunt
I'm disturbed more people aren't paying attention to who is lurking and who isn't. I'm tried of always having to be the only guy who even bothers to figure out who's been lurking, and then inevitably being attacked for it, even though it's clearly in the best interests of the town.

In fact, now that I think of it, didn't YOU say:
OhGodMyLife wrote: Also, lurking will not be tolerated for much longer.
So why are you trying to protect the lurkers now?
Gajeebus OGML, my intial vote for you was partly a joke to poke at BM. Now in a short space of time, you are spurring Yos to place a vote. (I dont understand your reasoning that says he should)
Next, you jump on him for producing a rather long list of lurkers? That is entirely consistent with someone who hasn't placed a vote. If he hasn't heard sufficiently from a large portion of town, doesn't that fit?
The list itself doesn't mean he is town, but it doesn't mean he is scummy either. Why does it feel like you are seeking a reason to attack him?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Puta Puta »

Yos, are you sarcasm-intolerant ro something? my last post "let's all vote SensFan" was OBVIOUSLY a joke, sheesh...OH HAI THAR ECTO, u in my other game, :D
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Hey there Puta. You don't intend to quote Shakespeare all through this game too do you? Are you working on your Major or something?
The lady doth quote too much, methinks.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Forgot to add the :wink:

Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Natirasha »

So, what have I missed?
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by Puta Puta »

Natirasha wrote:So, what have I missed?
EVERYTHING, it's too late, for you have failed greatly....
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Arguments about game theory mostly. Also, Yos has compiled a list of lurkers and one has openly stated that he won't post.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

You know who wants to "stay out of the way"? Scum do.

If you're town, then comment on stuff. The game has been 10 pages. You must agree or disagree with SOMETHING someone said, or you must have SOME kind of idea about certain people's alignment.
Tubby216 wrote: nope still don't,,, there is nothing of substance to be had anywhere,,
Hey, if you really think there's "nothing of substance" in the game, then clearly the right thing to do is to refuse to post or vote or do anything until something with "substance" appears. Hey, how about we all do that?
so yah lynch me if you want its ok by me
Ok.
Vote:Tubby

[/quote]
although i would sugest looking elsewhere[/quote]

Sure. Where? If you think we should lynch someone who's not you, then who would you suggest? Who do you find suspicious?
Puta Puta wrote: Yos, are you sarcasm-intolerant ro something? my last post "let's all vote SensFan" was OBVIOUSLY a joke, sheesh...OH HAI THAR ECTO, u in my other game,
Well, it wasn't obveous to me. Ok, if you don't think Sensfan is a good lynch, then why is it he's not a good lynch?

The thing is, when I thought your SensFan comment was serious, at least that was one real piece of content from you. If that didn't mean anything, then you've basically done nothing so far this game. Who do you think is scummy?
Sobeahero
Sobeahero
Townie
Sobeahero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by Sobeahero »

At times like this, I wonder, What would Bryan Boitono do?
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:22 pm

Post by militant »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Also, lurking will not be tolerated for much longer.
This made me laugh a little; I could be being way too over analytical but I think OhGodMyLife may have said this because
if
he is mafia one of his mafia buddies may be lurking and he said this to kick start them into talking so they don't look suspicious when OhGodMyLife picks up on lurkers and votes one of them to pressure them perhaps.
Shanba wrote:
Yos wrote: On another note, I like OGML's vote for Sir T, and am interested to see how Sir T responds.
Why are you still not voting anyone, Yos?
Why do you think Yos should be voting? Since I first played mafia on another site I have always thought that a person's vote is extremely important; I find it weird that you would take an interest in why Yos is not voting. Why do you take an interest in Yos's vote?
OhGodMyLife wrote:Yos, hurry up and put your money where your mouth is before you start looking scummy.
Another person that is interested in where Yos's vote is going to go. Why do you also take an interest in Yos's vote?
Puta Puta wrote:Yes, let's all vote SensFan
Puta Puta wrote:Yos, are you sarcasm-intolerant ro something? my last post "let's all vote SensFan" was OBVIOUSLY a joke, sheesh...OH HAI THAR ECTO, u in my other game, :D
Puta Puta wrote:
EVERYTHING, it's too late, for you have failed greatly....
Fos: Puta Puta
. None of your posts seem to be actually contributing to the game. You pop in and post stuff but never actually give your opinion on what is going on. I would like to hear something game related from you please. :)
I am going to throw my vote at Tubby also as to pressure him and to hopefully get him talking more.
Unvote: Vote Tubby

Yosarian2 wrote: Millitant: Three posts, no content. His last post said that:
Millitant wrote: Sorry about the recent inactivity on my part, a relative of mine fell ill, I have otherwise been preoccupied with visiting her. I will re read tomorrow and offer my opinions and thoughts then.
I certanly understand real life stuff getting in the way, but you made this post back on the 10th, promising you'd re-read "tommorow". Have you had a chance to do that yet?
I re read today. Life has been hectic. I am playing one less game here now so should have a bit more free time to post in my three remaining games.
[b]Lady Astor:[/b] "Winston, if you were my husband, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
[b]Churchill:[/b] "Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it."
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:48 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Unvote, Vote: Tubby

This bandwagon has some legs.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”