Scarfmanship
Scarfmanship
Goon
Scarfmanship
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5300 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by Scarfmanship »

Furtiveglance (5) Dingle Dangle Scarecrow, Cat Scratch Fever, Mathblade, Meuh, Ydrasse [E-2]

With RR, that's E-1 on furitive, right?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5301 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

MathBlade just unvoted
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5302 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

I don't do unannounced E-1's if I can help it

Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5303 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:59 pm

Post by Meuh »

I’m still town
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5304 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:29 pm

Post by Dingle Dangle Scarecrow »

(yeah, yeah, yeah)
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5305 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:21 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 5299, Radical Rat wrote:
VOTE: furtiveglance

I won't pretend to have reasons beyond the weirdness around mastina yesterday, because I don't have any
D_D

What weirdness? I think you nicked this idea from someone else. All I did was townread mastina D1 then panic D2 then townread them again. Why is that scum indicative?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5306 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:27 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 5229, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Anyway I've finished furtive's day 1 and 2 posts.

Spoiler: Scummy post
In post 3627, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 3604, mastina wrote:
In post 3478, furtiveglance wrote:Voting Mastina because they seem more defensive than last game, and their role sounds too useless to be real. And I want us to get past Mastina/unwnd clogging the game up
VOTE: Mastina
Btw this reasoning is pretty damn obviously faked.

It's transparently voting me because he sees the potential for the wagon to go through.

It's not a real stance.

To borrow unwnd's words:
It's a hollow post.
Here's my options for voting: My two biggest townreads (MMR and PPF), Scarf (meh) and I didn't like any of them. I'm fed up of the thread being spammed up (mostly by unwnd more than you really) but I don't want to vote unwnd so it's gonna be you. Also your play this game is different to the cafe. You were posting more about other players in that game, this time it's more about defending yourself.
In post 3609, unwnd wrote:Also untrue

Biggest mastina apologists are MathBlade/PPF/Furtive (but he's pretending he wasn't)/Yume

But I think Yume is just being pocketed
As for this one, my read changed. I'm not trying to rewrite history, I never said I never townread Mastina. I opposed the vote on Mastina yesterday, and I think I made a mistake.

(1) I think the reasoning behind the mastina vote is a bit flimsy ("fed up with her spamming")

(2) Ctrl + f for mastina in furtive's ISO makes it quite clear that he was townreading mastina, is just one example... did he forget his townread on mastina?

Then his progression on MMR was also weird; there's basically no lead up to .
Spoiler:
In post 4073, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 4072, furtiveglance wrote:unwnd is obvious town, this is unashamed omgus ^
Sorry for heckling. I've reached the point where I think the only thing that will help the gamestate is eliminating mastina, and I think the game will get a lot more enjoyable after that happens (just because a lot of the spam is either by mastina or about her). I also think mastina is scum, because there won't be 2 Astrologers and I believe MMR more.
In post 4162, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 4150, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 4149, furtiveglance wrote:Just to be clear: does anyone think Mastina/MMR could both be their claimed roles? I don't.
I don't either. I'm inclined to believe mastina more because she gave more info, was consistent about it, and did it first, but there's no way both of their roles exist as claimed.
Ok but why would MMR, as scum, fakeclaim the same role as someone else, forcing them into a 1v1? Surely they would claim a different role?
In post 4178, furtiveglance wrote:Mastina, DDS, Ydrasse, Firebringer, T-Bone. At least 3 in there.
In post 4199, furtiveglance wrote:I feel bad for Rubella wow. This content is not good enough, not even close, from a player who seems to be in conflict with 2 other players. I just want to move the game past this now.

VOTE: MMR

'This content is not good enough, not even close, from a player who seems to be in conflict with 2 other players.' -- MMR's posting was very meh the entire day, so for that to suddenly make a difference enough to vote MMR is hard to understand.

One thing is that he's been consistently pushing quieter slots and tr'ing the active ones basically all game, which is where my reads are ending up right now, but it's also easier for scum to just push slots that are less active.

Some minor things lead me to think furtive is more likely to flip Solar than Lunar (the vote on MMR feels weird for a bus, and furtive was kinda pushing DDS on day 1), but tbh I can also see MMR telling his buddies to bus him after that disaster claim

tl;dr I could compromise on furtive
1) You weren't in the game for the mastina/unwnd spam contest, it was making the game hard to play

2) You literally quoted a post in which I explained that my read changed.

3) There was a delay in me recognising MMR's scumminess because that's just human nature really. Yes their posting was bad all day, but I can only see that towards the end of the day.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5307 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:28 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Radical Rat might have the worst vote on me, they should probably get voted despite their doc claim if alive tomorrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5308 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:40 pm

I don't have reason to sheep your reads poat-death because you haven't explained anything, and the last few times you 'solved' a game you weren't accurate enough to justify sheeping.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #5309 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:51 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 5291, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 5290, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Do you think I should be town reading you here? Why?
The way I see myself, to put it slightly metaphorically:

In the typical game of mafia, Mafia play a certain way i.e. avoiding attention and pocketing Town. I am doing the opposite, pushing several slots quite openly and making enemies as a result. Therefore you should be seeing me as the Example Town, with more passive slots who are doing less pushing taking the place of the Example Mafia.
I don't think this is that clearing! I see scenarios where slots like Toog and Ydrasse are just checked out town. Toog in particular said something about not knowing his attunement that made me think he was actually VT. I'm not going to bank on that read or anything, but I have doubts about it + Toog is never a particularly active player

That said, I don't mind switching back to Enchant. I'd rather play with people who are at least posting

VOTE: Enchant
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5310 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:53 pm

Ydrasse, what do you think of Enchant this game?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5311 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:57 pm

In post 5297, T-Bone wrote:I'll be honest I don't know what your slot can and cannot do.
Spoiler: Some posts that might explain it
In post 4307, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I have role-related knowledge that someone either tried to kill Meuh
or
used a negative utility action on her during the “Noon” phase
In post 4334, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 4333, Scarfmanship wrote:What does it mean to role watch? Do you learn what roles visit them?
I only learn if they were targeted by a kill or some negative ability. Unlike a normal watcher, I don’t know who targeted them
In post 4351, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 4307, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I have role-related knowledge that someone either tried to kill Meuh
or
used a negative utility action on her during the “Noon” phase
I cannot guarantee that it was scum that targeted her. albeit I agree it was likely scum, since I don’t see why town would mess with a claimed invest
In post 5177, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 5175, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Someone else tried to do "something negative - either kill or some other negative effect" to meuh -- i don't see why town would do this
Btw i asked mega what negative effect meant, if it included things like roleblocked and redirected and she wouldn't elaborate

Which makes me think negative effect refers to factional abilities
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5312 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:22 am

Post by Enchant »

I am sick, so i will be even less active, not enough to VLA thou

I will try to answer questions thou if you have them
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5313 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:26 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 5308, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:I don't have reason to sheep your reads poat-death because you haven't explained anything, and the last few times you 'solved' a game you weren't accurate enough to justify sheeping.
Which games
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5314 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:35 am

Don't remember
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5315 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:03 am

Post by Past Present Future »

In post 5263, Scarfmanship wrote:VOTE: enchant

so the feeling i have about furitive is i feel bad for them, which is a feeling i usually only get about mafia, so i hope you guys vote out furitive without me, but if you don't enchant is ok too.

Lunatics (derogatory term for lunar mafia), PPF is now your problem.
I don’t understand this? Why are we specifically a problem for Lunars? Why aren’t we also a problem for Solars?

It’s straight up in both teams’ interests to get me miselimed, so I don’t expect scum to stop pushing me anytime soon.
It’s the end of the world as you know it and we feel fine.

Hydra of Titus, Auro and Nancy Drew 39
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5316 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:09 am

In post 5294, Scarfmanship wrote:No one is scumreading me, so I can afford to be off wagon if furitive has a scumflip. It's a bit selfish, but more information for me.

Also I prefer toogeloo because I also have the same feeling with PPF where I see where furitive /could/ be town, like how I saw how PPF /could/ be town. Toogeloo is either scum based on their bad actions yesterday or completely useless town, so I am happier getting them out.
This logic is really really weird. So weird I have no idea how to read it. Maybe once my headache goes away I'll have some insight on it...

For now I'm just going to follow my heart.

I won't pretend to have reasons beyond the weirdness around mastina yesterday, because I don't have any, but this is what feels right.

PPF still makes a lot of sense as scum in what remains of my mind in my ailing state, but I have to admit that their unshakable drive to deny the reality of MMR's behavior/flip sounds genuine. I'd expect scum to treat it as a guilty and work around that, rather than stubbornly insist a guilty was impossible when it clearly was possible. Not sure what to make of it, takes more brain than I have available right now.
I’m not denying anything I already explained that I was scum in FFIV with Elsa who janitored T3 and learned his role. Look it up if you think I’m making shit up.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5317 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:27 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 5305, furtiveglance wrote:

I won't pretend to have reasons beyond the weirdness around mastina yesterday, because I don't have any
D_D

What weirdness? I think you nicked this idea from someone else. All I did was townread mastina D1 then panic D2 then townread them again. Why is that scum indicative?
I said yesterday and multiple times today I'm pretty sure mastina's wagon yesterday had scum on it. And in your case it was a hard 180 from your D1 read

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5318 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:30 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 5316, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 5294, Scarfmanship wrote:No one is scumreading me, so I can afford to be off wagon if furitive has a scumflip. It's a bit selfish, but more information for me.

Also I prefer toogeloo because I also have the same feeling with PPF where I see where furitive /could/ be town, like how I saw how PPF /could/ be town. Toogeloo is either scum based on their bad actions yesterday or completely useless town, so I am happier getting them out.
This logic is really really weird. So weird I have no idea how to read it. Maybe once my headache goes away I'll have some insight on it...

For now I'm just going to follow my heart.

I won't pretend to have reasons beyond the weirdness around mastina yesterday, because I don't have any, but this is what feels right.

PPF still makes a lot of sense as scum in what remains of my mind in my ailing state, but I have to admit that their unshakable drive to deny the reality of MMR's behavior/flip sounds genuine. I'd expect scum to treat it as a guilty and work around that, rather than stubbornly insist a guilty was impossible when it clearly was possible. Not sure what to make of it, takes more brain than I have available right now.
I’m not denying anything I already explained that I was scum in FFIV with Elsa who janitored T3 and learned his role. Look it up if you think I’m making shit up.
I don't think you're making shit up, I think you're ignoring the possibility that Lunar had more than one factional ability, despite this having been pointed out to you several times.

If you have acknowledged this in the ~10 pages I haven't read, I apologize, but it doesn't change how long you spent insisting it wasn't possible.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5319 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:30 am

I’m not really feeling either furtive or Enchant but I really don’t know who to vote for rn. I’m probably more clear on who I wouldn’t vote for.

I wouldn’t vote for CSF, Meuh, Math, Fire, Dangle, Ydrasse today, CSF and Meuh probably never. CSF is locktown because of Yume and I liked Meuh’s posting and I trust in my ability to accurately toneread Mastina. Scarf has gone up for me and their takes seem reasonable. Still like Dangle but them defending Math’s tin foiling is kind of ugh but probably still town. Math is probably one of the only few slots that I know has super wild takes as either alignment, the more out there they are, the more likely he is to be town.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5320 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:35 am

Their role flip said both “passive” and “factional” and I already explained Elsa and I’m not going to repeat what I said already a gazillion more times and I will thank you to stop insulting my intelligence. It’s really getting old. :roll:

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5321 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:38 am

Post by Radical Rat »

On the contrary, it's because I respect your intelligence that this is even an issue I'm considering. If I thought you were just dumb, I'd still be voting you.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5322 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:43 am

In post 5321, Radical Rat wrote:On the contrary, it's because I respect your intelligence that this is even an issue I'm considering. If I thought you were just dumb, I'd still be voting you.
Look up the FFIV scum pt then, I dare you.

And your post makes absolutely no sense.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5323 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:49 am

Post by Radical Rat »

This isn't about FFIV.

You said yourself MMR's flip was passive and factional. OP clearly states that both scumteams have nonstandard FACTIONAL abilitieS. We know Lunar has a kill, we don't know if the janitor was factional or role based. A kill is pretty standard, so they must have at least one other thing. And they very well could have targeted you with said other thing.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5324 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:58 am

In post 5323, Radical Rat wrote:This isn't about FFIV.

You said yourself MMR's flip was passive and factional. OP clearly states that both scumteams have nonstandard FACTIONAL abilitieS. We know Lunar has a kill, we don't know if the janitor was factional or role based. A kill is pretty standard, so they must have at least one other thing. And they very well could have targeted you with said other thing.
I seriously doubt that or they would have voted me from the getgo insteas of pushing Mastina but maybe they viewed her as the bigger threat because I think they would have been pushing me a lot harder if they actually knew my exact role and that’s all I’m going to say about that. I have been saying this ad nauseum but scum needs me to get miselimed so I’m becoming slight suss on you now for continuing to try to rolefish me, it’s fucking antitown so stop.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”