GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1773, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1747, GuiltyLion wrote:like whatever, I heavily suspect Titus/Dwlee/PenguinPower/Charloux/Bellaphant like, there's a solid number of scum in that pool, I am 1000% confident
GL to be honest I really dislike this pool. In a game where the Scum need to come out of their shell and make themselves likeable so that they’re picked for positions of power, all of the people you’re suspecting have not done that. I find that completely implausible.
I was clowning on Andante's style of posting and calling out that she townreads all five lurkers which I find implausible myself

don't take that post seriously it was just me being petty and snarky
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by unwnd »

That being said,

When players are able to trick themselves into making thoughts

They are less dependable to read based on them

I just felt like your early posts seemed more like the process instead of..genuine?

So where do I exactly find a way to believe you
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1772, Lukewarm wrote:unwnd, I thought you were permanently retired, were the Social security checks not enough to make ends meet? lol
Spent all my pension in vegas
Stop
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1747, GuiltyLion wrote:like whatever, I heavily suspect Titus/Dwlee/PenguinPower/Charloux/Bellaphant like, there's a solid number of scum in that pool, I am 1000% confident
GL to be honest I really dislike this pool. In a game where the Scum need to come out of their shell and make themselves likeable so that they’re picked for positions of power, all of the people you’re suspecting have not done that. I find that completely implausible.
actually I think it's kinda weird you zeroed in on this post and seemingly missed or didn't want to comment on like... the entire rest of the debate/back and forth I was having with Andante? Did you miss that Andante had said the same sentence just a few posts before about a Datisi/GL/VPB/Dann/UNOwen bloc of players? Did you have thoughts on my more measured and thought out replies to her?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 1776, unwnd wrote:When players are able to trick themselves into making thoughts

I just felt like your early posts seemed more like the process instead of..genuine?
i'm sorry, it's like 2am here but i don't think i'd be able to understand this if it were middle of the day - i don't get why/how you suspect me for it and thus have no idea how to show to you that i'm town
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1779, Datisi wrote:
In post 1776, unwnd wrote:When players are able to trick themselves into making thoughts

i'm sorry, it's like 2am here but i don't think i'd be able to understand this if it were middle of the day - i don't get why/how you suspect me for it and thus have no idea how to show to you that i'm town
Do you want me to really dumb it down

Disclaimer: this is not an affront to your own intelligence
Stop
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by Datisi »

i was not considering it to be one

you can, if you want. i have to bounce pretty soon, and unless you think i'm scummy enough that you wanna try to kill me, i'm not sure if this should be a priority for either of us

but like ye sure shoot
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:53 pm

Post by unwnd »

Bad players - Easy to read, no yomi layers. Not self-aware. Don't care about intent of posts. No process. Nice crutches to have in games "I just be saying shit" - Badplayer23892
Good players - Hard to read. Self-aware. Posts with intent. Harder to read and trust. Has a process of things.

You are the latter
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by unwnd »

Your posts read like a process

Looks townie but just didn't feel like the intent matched

I wouldn't kill you or try to but I'm def worried
Stop
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:59 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1775, GuiltyLion wrote:
I was clowning on Andante's style of posting and calling out that she townreads all five lurkers which I find implausible myself

don't take that post seriously it was just me being petty and snarky
Okay that makes sense haha I may have some trouble with sarcasm.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by unwnd »

Page 11 I have two maybe three townreads

It's a start
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I feel like lost in what is happening in this game atm.

Like, I simultaneously scum read Dwlee while having no idea how his wagon managed to manifest itself into existence the way that it did?
In post 1725, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Dwlee99 [9]: VP Baltar, Datisi, GuiltyLion, Rhaenyra, Dannflor, PenguinPower, Junkochan, Firebringer, Unowen
I feel like at the time of the votes

Datisi and GL both thought I was scummier then Dwlee.

Rhae and PP and unowen never mentioned Dwlee before their votes

Junko had a reads post that had no mention of Dwlee.

(Dann did actually have Dwlee in his bottom tier reads and Firebringer's positioning might make the most sense wrt this wagon actually)

but with that as the makeup that suddenly put their wagon at 9 votes. 1 away from the enchant instant hammer.

The wagon was so unexpected that I don't actually really know what to think about it.

Like, if anything I was expecting a *me* wagon.

But instead we are living here, and all of these people are now super sure that Dwlee is scum. to the point that none of the people (most of who just elected tsq king) and looking at where he is pointing. Which also feels pretty backwards thinking, since I feel like LLD is more likely town, but with *most* of these votes coming without the prior scum read, were they just sheep votes? Are they skeeping Baltar? If it is just that there are this many people who would rather sheep Baltar then TSQ, why did TSQ get elected king over Baltar.

But flip side of all of that, is that prior to their sudden wagon, I was ALSO Dwlee's biggest scum read. Yet once he suddenly had a wagon, they went into *attack my voters* mode instead of *case the person that they had previously presented as their biggest scum read as the person who actually should be eliminated this day phase* mode.

As I am typing this, I am aware that I am not actually ending on any conclusions, which is pretty #sadtimes #waffling -- but I genuinely feel unmoored in this game atm.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I feel like lost in what is happening in this game atm.

Like, I simultaneously scum read Dwlee while having no idea how his wagon managed to manifest itself into existence the way that it did?
In post 1725, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Dwlee99 [9]: VP Baltar, Datisi, GuiltyLion, Rhaenyra, Dannflor, PenguinPower, Junkochan, Firebringer, Unowen

(Dann did actually have Dwlee in his bottom tier reads and Firebringer's positioning might make the most sense wrt this wagon actually)

but with that as the makeup that suddenly put their wagon at 9 votes. 1 away from the enchant instant hammer.

The wagon was so unexpected that I don't actually really know what to think about it.

But instead we are living here, and all of these people are now super sure that Dwlee is scum. to the point that none of the people (most of who just elected tsq king) and looking at where he is pointing. Which also feels pretty backwards thinking, since I feel like LLD is more likely town, but with *most* of these votes coming without the prior scum read, were they just sheep votes? Are they skeeping Baltar? If it is just that there are this many people who would rather sheep Baltar then TSQ, why did TSQ get elected king over Baltar.

But flip side of all of that, is that prior to their sudden wagon, I was ALSO Dwlee's biggest scum read. Yet once he suddenly had a wagon, they went into *attack my voters* mode instead of *case the person that they had previously presented as their biggest scum read as the person who actually should be eliminated this day phase* mode.

As I am typing this, I am aware that I am not actually ending on any conclusions, which is pretty #sadtimes #waffling -- but I genuinely feel unmoored in this game atm.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by unwnd »

Nice post Lukewarm reminds me when you're town
Stop
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 1786, Lukewarm wrote:I feel like lost in what is happening in this game atm.

I mentioned dwelee, I said I had issues reading them, nobody answered me yet and people I've played with know that I would gladly pressure lurkers
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Sorry. They/Them
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by unwnd »

Did Lukewarm improve in the scum department? That's an unabashed 'I am town lukewarm extended my hand out to anyone as I feel unsure' post if I ever saw one
Stop
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:13 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 1601, JunkoChan wrote: Dewlee Bellaphant Titus

I'm having issues with these 3 I feel like they have done nothing, but I haven't played with them before so if someone can tell me if this is how they usually play I would be grateful

Penguinpower

feels disconnected from the game but he joined in very late, so I think it's NAI

I think that's the news for now

my reads haven't changed much
:shifty:
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:14 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1789, JunkoChan wrote:I mentioned dwelee, I said I had issues reading them, nobody answered me yet and people I've played with know that I would gladly pressure lurkers
Looked again, I missed it because you mispelled their name lol.

Because I was cross checking lots of people in succession, I was relying pretty hard on the ctrl+f feature.

I guess update your section to "did not seem to have dwlee as their strongest scum read in their reads post"
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:15 pm

Post by unwnd »

5 townreads now
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:15 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1791, unwnd wrote:Did Lukewarm improve in the scum department?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by unwnd »

Nice post Lukewarm reminds me when you're town
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1791, unwnd wrote:Did Lukewarm improve in the scum department? That's an unabashed 'I am town lukewarm extended my hand out to anyone as I feel unsure' post if I ever saw one
If you were to ask pooky, he would tell you that I am so amazingly perfect as scum that one must never town read me without a cop inno on me, so there :twisted:
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:18 pm

Post by unwnd »

Scum you would've just taken the credit immediately instead of trying to reinstate yourself

Hmm yes I think I will keep this one
Stop
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:20 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Shea has requested to let it be known that he liked that Lukewarm post as well

personally I also like the intuition that it's a bit weird some people were so willing to sheep Dwlee For Scum wagon yet avoided the VP Baltar For King wagon - I'd like to hear more why Penguin is voting Dwlee specifically

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”