Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:02 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

VPB I'm voting you largely because I'm most confident you are town and you have momentum, and I'm really curious to see who is really actively against you being King because we are getting to a stage where I find scumreading you somewhat implausible on the whole. personally I've seen you as scum twice now and your vibes are different to me this game. I would also keep in mind there's only 4 players
actually voting you
right now, talk is cheap, votes are what matter.

I do kinda like your coalition idea because scum are going to have to acquiesce to a King at some point and it's a bit dangerous/naive to assume the rosy scenario esp in people supporting you that you think may be town but aren't voting you yet. I've been lazy and haven't thought a ton about Council Mechanics but I don't think a scum councilor is the worst thing in the world because whoever is in those spots (especially thinking like, the cop, master of coin, jailkeeper roles) is going to be forced into playing pro-town to some degree, going rogue to advance scum agenda early would immediately get flagged as scummy. I'd be fine with LLD or Mastina in council positions for that reason, I think in some worlds where we get out weak scum that actually might make the game harder for them if they're deep scum.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:04 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1197, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1195, Lukewarm wrote:I am going to stop responding to GL.
stop responding to me is a good idea because we don't seem to be able to communicate productively, but frankly you should still be casing me because I'm your top scumread and currently a leading King vote, and
if you really believe I'm scum I'd expect you to keep doing that. I will have no chance of finding you town if you don't
There is no town motivation for this post.

If GL is town who thinks I am scum, he is telling me what not to do to get scum read by him, which is pretty ??

Contrasted to just... not saying this, and then seeing what I do in order to either further sort me / case me for it.

It also has that same twistiness built in to just call me scum for the sake of it. Seeing as how I was, like an hour ago, trying to get PP to not vote him for king.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:07 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1201, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1197, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1195, Lukewarm wrote:I am going to stop responding to GL.
stop responding to me is a good idea because we don't seem to be able to communicate productively, but frankly you should still be casing me because I'm your top scumread and currently a leading King vote, and
if you really believe I'm scum I'd expect you to keep doing that. I will have no chance of finding you town if you don't
There is no town motivation for this post.

If GL is town who thinks I am scum, he is telling me what not to do to get scum read by him, which is pretty ??

Contrasted to just... not saying this, and then seeing what I do in order to either further sort me / case me for it.

It also has that same twistiness built in to just call me scum for the sake of it. Seeing as how I was, like an hour ago, trying to get PP to not vote him for king.
that post was literally an olive branch reach out to you

if you say "wah I'm not responding to GL anymore" and use that as an excuse to not post about me, I'm just gonna keep scumreading you because town!you should absolutely be campaigning against me here

Your attempt to get PP to not vote me for king was kinda wholly ineffective and a nothingburger? You just asserted that you didn't like it. That's scummy shit. the more transparent you are with your thought processes the better likelihood of me realizing I'm wrong in my assessment of your thought processes that I don't like.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:10 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1201, Lukewarm wrote:If GL is town who thinks I am scum, he is telling me what not to do to get scum read by him, which is pretty ??
like yeah I think you are scum and all of your posts make me a combination of vexed and frankly annoyed at what you're saying. but I'm often wrong, and if you are town this is a bad state and I'd like to not be wrong

I don't think just telling you to case me, if you are scum, is going to make me suddenly become wrong on you, because your cases will continue to strike me as disingenuous. but if you are town, maybe I will see something I am missing
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:11 am

Post by Lukewarm »

This is kind of an off shoot from my thinking on what I wanted to do with LLD earlier.

I had thought it good to cop check her, because she is scary, but at the time I had said that that would put her in a weak PR.

Thinking about it more, the first cop check should likely just be someone who becomes a permanent member of the kings guard.

This narrows the hunting pool if the king is ever killed, and gives the commander of the kingsguard someone in that pt that they can trust.

Furthermore, it spreads the power out more, forcing the scum team to decide between : the cop cleared player OR any and all of the PRs

That could still be LLD, with her serving the game as an IC instead of a memeber of the council. Otherwise, I am down for taking that role if for no other reason then to stop letting GL use "spin scum motivation into everything that Luke has to say about the game" as a tactic.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:13 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1204, Lukewarm wrote:That could still be LLD, with her serving the game as an IC instead of a memeber of the council. Otherwise, I am down for taking that role if for no other reason then to stop letting GL use "spin scum motivation into everything that Luke has to say about the game" as a tactic.
bit rich coming from you considering I literally just tried to get you to help me see you as town and you spun that as "there is no town motivation for this post"

anyway I am catching that you are tilting me a bit too much and I need to work so I'm gonna peace out from the thread for a while, do your thing. If you wanna get copped I agree that's a good idea.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:13 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 949, Lukewarm wrote: But I think I fundamentally disagree that the idea should to "either name king, and let king do all of the PR naming without other people's input OR democracy all positions" so I am not surprised at all to see VP giving input on the roles, and dont view it as "undercutting".
It's good that you disagree with that idea, I disagree with it too. There
is
an in between and I'm not saying whoever becomes king should rule by dictat. But there's a difference between giving input and giving instruction.

If you're trying to build a consensus before your proposal for king has even started discussing it, you are going to in effect be putting pressure on them to conform to whatever council the majority (or VPB + whoever else he got to participate in council decisions) wants. In which case you are undercutting the kings power. Since the objective is to put competent town on the throne, it seems like this would be more desirable for scum.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1200, GuiltyLion wrote:VPB I'm voting you largely because I'm most confident you are town and you have momentum, and I'm really curious to see who is really actively against you being King because we are getting to a stage where I find scumreading you somewhat implausible on the whole. personally I've seen you as scum twice now and your vibes are different to me this game. I would also keep in mind there's only 4 players
actually voting you

I do kinda like your coalition idea because scum are going to have to acquiesce to a King at some point and it's a bit dangerous/naive to assume the rosy scenario esp in people supporting you that you think may be town but aren't voting you yet. I've been lazy and haven't thought a ton about Council Mechanics but I don't think a scum councilor is the worst thing in the world because whoever is in those spots (especially thinking like, the cop, master of coin, jailkeeper roles) is going to be forced into playing pro-town to some degree, going rogue to advance scum agenda early would immediately get flagged as scummy. I'd be fine with LLD or Mastina in council positions for that reason, I think in some worlds where we get out weak scum that actually might make the game harder for them if they're deep scum.
Yeah, I think scum can be boxed in a few ways on council, including just not funding their actions if we get really concerned.

So it's probably important to have town in King, Kingsguard, and Master of coin positions I think. Beyond that we can be a little flexible. Putting at least one scummy person in the kingsguard is probably helpful too because then that person needs to hood with more town players and prove their town credentials. Same would apply to council positions.

It's kind of why I want LLD to talk to me more because if she's town she's an asset to have some power, but I'll see if she responds to my last post.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:25 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I'm at work. Long response posts need to wait for a computer friend.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:29 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 1200, GuiltyLion wrote:VPB I'm voting you largely because I'm most confident you are town and you have momentum, and I'm really curious to see who is really actively against you being King because we are getting to a stage where I find scumreading you somewhat implausible on the whole. personally I've seen you as scum twice now and your vibes are different to me this game. I would also keep in mind there's only 4 players
actually voting you
Why are you considering VPB so obvtown, ignoring meta reasons?
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:30 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 1116, Thestatusquo wrote:I'd like you both to read. Maybe skip the first 10-15 pages but i feel like some important stuff happened.
Like what for example?
In post 1126, PenguinPower wrote:okay - quick read through

Agree that mastina should not be king
Firebringer probs scum – yw warmpuppy
Datisi probably scum
Tsq/gl/luke/dann town
Junko town?
Had a townread on andante but lost it by
No idea what to make of rhea
I’m gonna withhold comment on mastina assigning alignment to my v/la so I don’t lose it..she’s probably town though
Charloux probs scum

VOTE: gl

this seems good.
I revoke your chad status you weakling. I thought you never cave in to demands.
Going off topic, how did you read all this in ~30minutes; I'm slow as a snail in that regard.
In post 1153, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Frankly at this point I kind of want to be King given I am running very low on faith in other people today.
Best way to find a town!king is to shove the role on someone who explicitly said they dont want it. Need to read your ISO and dialogues to see if my intuition is correct tho.
In post 1155, Rhaenyra wrote:
In post 1152, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:If you are trying to work with town, then understand Mastina will not be king today and find something else to do.
Okay, so you want me to discard my whole stance on her? That's weird...
You don't need to discard the stance, you need to compromise. A lot of people don't want Mastina to be a king; So you should work with the others and decide amongst the more popular choices. Being stubborn and refusing to adapt to the situation is detrimental to town. I would tr you based on that tho.
In post 1166, VP Baltar wrote: I vibe with the instinct to be kingsguard cap. After reviewing the positions, that seems the most essential spot to put a town to avoid disaster, and why I also would like this spot since I know my alignment.

I will say that if you want my vote for king, you need to be more transparent about who you want where and why. Maybe you have a tendency in games, as Luke says, to hide your town read reasons. I'd say that doesn't work as well here because of the nature of the setup and town needing to cooperate well for best chance of success.
I agree that spot should be held by a strongarmed town. The problem is that i have never played with you and your desire to control the flow of the game strikes me as sus.
Your logic is sound tho, a kind candidate needs to be transparent about the people he plans to give the roles to. Who exactly knows the members of the council? If it includes the kingsguard there is no chance of scum not knowing who has what position.
In post 1175, Rhaenyra wrote:
In post 1171, Enchant wrote:Lol i never hided

Also you also force mastina just because of that, so
Yes, I do, but I also believe she is the best choice for town. I have yet to receive any objective reasoning she is not, and until I do, I will continue thinking she is what's best for town.
I have limited history with her, and it was terrible. Based on that her posts right now weird me out. I don't consider her even as a meme choice like with Enchant.
In post 1176, VP Baltar wrote: It seems odd that you'd take issue with me trying to advocate myself to be in an essential town position. I know my alignment and captain of the kingsguard is really key to be town.
You would say that as both alignments tho. To me you being town is ~70%. It would be 75% but i have a weak townread on Enchant and Fire.

I don't see anything weird about GL vs Lukewarm aka doesn't feel faked.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:32 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1210, Charloux wrote:I revoke your chad status you weakling. I thought you never cave in to demands.
Going off topic, how did you read all this in ~30minutes; I'm slow as a snail in that regard.
it was a fair point and this isn't a typical d1 where I can glean info from the votecount - also, it was a quick read through. I ignored most wallposting.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:34 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1141, Lukewarm wrote:I am a little scared to make LLD king
why?
<(") | (")>
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:36 am

Post by Rhaenyra »

In post 1210, Charloux wrote:
In post 1116, Thestatusquo wrote:I'd like you both to read. Maybe skip the first 10-15 pages but i feel like some important stuff happened.
Like what for example?
In post 1126, PenguinPower wrote:okay - quick read through

Agree that mastina should not be king
Firebringer probs scum – yw warmpuppy
Datisi probably scum
Tsq/gl/luke/dann town
Junko town?
Had a townread on andante but lost it by
No idea what to make of rhea
I’m gonna withhold comment on mastina assigning alignment to my v/la so I don’t lose it..she’s probably town though
Charloux probs scum

VOTE: gl

this seems good.
I revoke your chad status you weakling. I thought you never cave in to demands.
In post 1153, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Frankly at this point I kind of want to be King given I am running very low on faith in other people today.
Best way to find a town!king is to shove the role on someone who explicitly said they dont want it. Need to read your ISO and dialogues to see if my intuition is correct tho.
In post 1155, Rhaenyra wrote:
In post 1152, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:If you are trying to work with town, then understand Mastina will not be king today and find something else to do.
Okay, so you want me to discard my whole stance on her? That's weird...
You don't need to discard the stance, you need to compromise. A lot of people don't want Mastina to be a king; So you should work with the others and decide amongst the more popular choices. Being stubborn and refusing to adapt to the situation is detrimental to town. I would tr you based on that tho.
In post 1166, VP Baltar wrote: I vibe with the instinct to be kingsguard cap. After reviewing the positions, that seems the most essential spot to put a town to avoid disaster, and why I also would like this spot since I know my alignment.

I will say that if you want my vote for king, you need to be more transparent about who you want where and why. Maybe you have a tendency in games, as Luke says, to hide your town read reasons. I'd say that doesn't work as well here because of the nature of the setup and town needing to cooperate well for best chance of success.
I agree that spot should be held by a strongarmed town. The problem is that i have never played with you and your desire to control the flow of the game strikes me as sus.
Your logic is sound tho, a kind candidate needs to be transparent about the people he plans to give the roles to. Who exactly knows the members of the council? If it includes the kingsguard there is no chance of scum not knowing who has what position.
In post 1175, Rhaenyra wrote:
In post 1171, Enchant wrote:Lol i never hided

Also you also force mastina just because of that, so
Yes, I do, but I also believe she is the best choice for town. I have yet to receive any objective reasoning she is not, and until I do, I will continue thinking she is what's best for town.
I have limited history with her, and it was terrible. Based on that her posts right now weird me out. I don't consider her even as a meme choice like with Enchant.
In post 1176, VP Baltar wrote: It seems odd that you'd take issue with me trying to advocate myself to be in an essential town position. I know my alignment and captain of the kingsguard is really key to be town.
You would say that as both alignments tho. To me you being town is ~70%. It would be 75% but i have a weak townread on Enchant and Fire.

I don't see anything weird about GL vs Lukewarm aka doesn't feel faked.
I said objective reasoning. Do you know what it means? It means 'reasoning that doesn't involve your feelings on the matter at all, just the hard facts'.
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:38 am

Post by Rhaenyra »

Also, I too think she is a good choice based on my experience with her. If my experience with her doesn't count, then neither should anyone else's experience with her. So there.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:42 am

Post by Charloux »

Objective reasoning: People don't want her to be king.
It doesn't matter why they don't; It's a fact they don't and objectively speaking Mastina won't be a king based on that.
Just because you don't understand it, it doesn't mean it's fake reasoning. You are treating the others the same way you were being treated when you wrote how frustrated you are.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1210, Charloux wrote:I agree that spot should be held by a strongarmed town. The problem is that i have never played with you and your desire to control the flow of the game strikes me as sus.
I think we all know who is on the council? I mean, the king appoints, so the king can just tell us. I suppose that could be kept secret, but all the council members know because they have a hood. Any scum who gets in there will blab, so it probably means everyone should just know.

FWIW, I'm really not trying to strong arm who should be where. I understand it could come across that way. I just think someone needs to propose something rather than us debating king merits for 7 days. I absolutely invite people to shoot holes in my logic and thinking. I'd rather we are all talking and proposing ideas to move us in a solid direction. There is a benefit to seeing where people's heads are at (though LLD might disagree with that, I find transparency very important for games that require town agreement).

I also think as town, I'm decent at organizing people to move in a semi-unified direction. For example, in Guardians of the Fortress I made it a point to make a concrete proposal on where I thought all the players should go for the minigames there. I don't take my word as final at all, but making a pitch and building is better than spending D2 trying to figure this stuff out from scratch instead of scumhunting.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:50 am

Post by Rhaenyra »

Why do they want as King then? Someone who'd put them in power? Cause the only reason they'll discard a good town leader is for a shitty reasoning like that. I mean, people have expressed who they want to be King: someone who is town, with good scumhunting skills and who is willing to sheep people. Mastina fulfils all three of those criteria. In other words, people are actively going against their own reasoning regarding who they want to be King.
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:53 am

Post by Rhaenyra »

In post 1217, Rhaenyra wrote:Why do they want as King then? Someone who'd put them in power? Cause the only reason they'll discard a good town leader is for a shitty reasoning like that. I mean, people have expressed who they want to be King: someone who is town, with good scumhunting skills and who is willing to sheep people. Mastina fulfils all three of those criteria. In other words, people are actively going against their own reasoning regarding who they want to be King.
I am trying hard to understand, so help me understand, please?
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:54 am

Post by Rhaenyra »

Otherwise, I will refuse to cooperate.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:55 am

Post by JunkoChan »

@Rhea You are over 150 posts.
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:58 am

Post by Rhaenyra »

In post 1220, JunkoChan wrote:@Rhea You are over 150 posts.
I know, but I the rules say we actually have a twenty post bonus we can use for the duration of the whole game. Read mod's iso if you don't believe me.
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:59 am

Post by Rhaenyra »

Also, you're avoiding engaging me with crap like that.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:00 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 1221, Rhaenyra wrote:
I know, but I the rules say we actually have a twenty post bonus we can use for the duration of the whole game. Read mod's iso if you don't believe me.
20 bonus posts for naked votes only.

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:04 am

Post by JunkoChan »

Actually explain me pone more time why mastina should be Queen, I'll read it I promise

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”