Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:59 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 968, Andresvmb wrote:@GuiltyLion, I think we need to speak more directly because I have you as King but I don’t really see you interacting with my posts all that much (though you did voice that one of my questions made sense), so I know you’re at least reading me somewhat. What do you think of say my Town core?
sorry Andres, I missed this post on first go I think

I am with you on VPB/TSQ. I generally want to think Dann is town as well though I am finding myself maybe a bit (unfairly?) influenced by some of the anti-Dann sentiment in the thread, I am a lil bit wary cause if I challenge myself I don't think he's done anything that is strongly indicative. but I basically like all of his reads at the moment

why are you TRing Luke? I really don't see anything he's done as town-indicative at all, and from skimming your ISO again I see you just asserting a townread there without giving an explanation
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:02 am

Post by PenguinPower »

okay - quick read through

Agree that mastina should not be king
Firebringer probs scum – yw warmpuppy
Datisi probably scum
Tsq/gl/luke/dann town
Junko town?
Had a townread on andante but lost it by
No idea what to make of rhea
I’m gonna withhold comment on mastina assigning alignment to my v/la so I don’t lose it..she’s probably town though
Charloux probs scum

VOTE: gl

this seems good.
<(") | (")>
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:08 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1085, GuiltyLion wrote:with the overly explanatory LLD townread based on (imo) flimsy justification and lacking any visible doubt/paranoia, the extremely bad Datisi shade where he took Datisi wildly out of context, the busywork null read on Dann, it all just feels like pretend solving to me
This feels like you are also taking my posts out of context, and twisting them to call me scum.
the overly explanatory LLD townread based on (imo) flimsy justification and lacking any visible doubt/paranoia
Here was my read on LLD
In post 409, Lukewarm wrote:I get town vibes from Andres's responses to LLD. I am also getting town vibes from LLD's play as well, although, not as strongly. With a splash of knowing she is good at scum.

So atm, I am at [ Andante, Junko, Andres, LLD ] town, in that order.
And then I was asked to explain those town vibes. And I did.
In post 466, Dannflor wrote:Lukewarm can you put words to your LLD read beyond town vibes

what about her play here do you think is unlikely to come from scum!her?
So you skipped past the post where I stated how strong my read was, and jumped to the post where I was directly answering "what part of this is giving you those town vibes" and are calling it scummy for it being "flimsy justification and lacking any visible doubt/paranoia."

---

And you did a similar thing with my comments on Dann when you said this
In post 958, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm questioning Luke's reasoning for why he thinks Dann is town on that basis there, because it feels kinda half-baked/shallow from Luke. I'm not trying to argue for town!Dann in that post, you've misread it if you think I am
Because, you skipped past the point where... I was not even making the arguement that Dann was town.

But since that has been explained, you shift the arguement instead to be
the busywork null read on Dann
Your original take was that it was too bad of a reason for me to call Dann town, but when i responded to tell you I was not calling him town, now the issue is that it is "busy work" for a null read... skipping past the fact that I was directly asked you explain it more.
In post 899, Dannflor wrote:can you elaborate on what has you conflicted?
----

As for Datisi
the extremely bad Datisi shade where he took Datisi wildly out of context
That simply did not happen. My entire point was about the exact context that it was said in.

But I am sure that this will be hit with a response that even with the context, you did not like the conclusion. But "looking for people who are talking about reads in the abstract instead of being focused on the particulars of this game" is just... something I look for. Whether other people think it is a valid reason or not.

I actually just used that same line of thinking to call scum!Titus scum in Datisi's cafe. Albeit on a different scale because of the context where Titus was doing it vs what I saw from Datisi.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:09 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1126, PenguinPower wrote:okay - quick read through

Datisi probably scum
Tsq/gl/luke/dann town
Junko town?
I’m gonna withhold comment on mastina assigning alignment to my v/la so I don’t lose it..she’s probably town though
Charloux probs scum

this seems good.
I do not want a GL king.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:09 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1089, JunkoChan wrote:since you have andante in your "I wouldn't lim today but they can be wolves" what do you think about andante read progression? do you think it's natural for her to drop her scumread on me without adressing it, and follow up to that it's another question on me that lead to nothing?

her argument is that those reads were far away from eachother but I don't think you can just forget something that happened recently in irl time
this isn't out of character for Andante from what I've seen, I agree it's weird but check her ISO in KTANE - she did a lot of sudden read 180s that I had a hard time understanding and she was town there.
In post 1092, Datisi wrote:oh no, i didn't mean the question as "why am i so low", i meant it as "why am i so high" because i'm not recalling a single positive thing you've said about my alignment this game (i'm not counting disliking luke's reasons for scum-me)
oh lol - tbh I think it's a combo of 1) I want you to be town, but more seriously 2) I liked your interactions/call outs with both Luke and Dwlee, as well as the early VPB vote + the fact that you've stuck with it. Overall I don't really think you've been disingenuous anywhere other than maybe that sarcasm post

I guesssss you could be scum doing Good Distancing with other scum and buddying Baltar but that's paranoia world and not worth seriously considering yet pre-any flips
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:10 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1128, Lukewarm wrote:

Datisi probably scum
Tsq/gl/luke/dann town
Junko town?
Charloux probs scum

ok - but i do
this seems good.
I do not want a GL king.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:10 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1130, PenguinPower wrote:

Datisi probably scum
Tsq/gl/luke/dann town
Junko town?
Charloux probs scum

ok - but i do
this seems good.
I do not want a GL king.
not sure why it blanked my text...

I said - "ok - but I do"
<(") | (")>
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:11 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1084, Datisi wrote:i find it really dubious that that *one* line from me that luke considers empty engagement would actually shoot me down in the bottomest tier in his reads
My response to the one line was to think "oh, I did not like that"

It was the following interaction that I had with you that actually moved you to the bottom tier.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:12 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1127, Lukewarm wrote:Your original take was that it was too bad of a reason for me to call Dann town, but when i responded to tell you I was not calling him town, now the issue is that it is "busy work" for a null read... skipping past the fact that I was directly asked you explain it more.
it
was
a bad reason to call Dann town

whether you ultimately called him town or not is
entirely irrelevant
, because your thought process is what I was critiquing, not the end read

I already explained this, you are either missing the point or taking me out of context in an extremely pedantic way. which is it?

I have thoughts on your other stuff too but this is the big one and a good microcosm of all my issues with your play so far
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:13 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1131, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1130, PenguinPower wrote:

Datisi probably scum
Tsq/gl/luke/dann town
Junko town?
Charloux probs scum

ok - but i do
this seems good.
I do not want a GL king.
not sure why it blanked my text...

I said - "ok - but I do"
Well, you had me down as town, so I thought it worth a shot to tell you that I am scum scum reading him, and ask you to reconsider.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:16 am

Post by PenguinPower »

yes - i'm aware that both of you are scum reading each other.

why do you think should baltar be king?
<(") | (")>
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1132, Lukewarm wrote:It was the following interaction that I had with you that actually moved you to the bottom tier.
what do you find scummy about it, lukewarm?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Datisi, can you bullet point your town read on me again? Am I your strongest townread?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:26 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think if Luke is town here, he's just entirely not on the same wavelength with me at all. seems very focused on the literal reads themselves and not at all grokking that what I have issues with is all of the logic / reasoning he is expressing as to how he arrived at those reads.

Luke, I truly barely care at all what the actual strength of your actual LLD read is. What I care about is that everything you said in is just not compelling or believable reasons to townread LLD,
especially
a player of her caliber, like all of what you said could easily be faked or is based on her not playing in a specific way you would expect her to as scum. and I believe someone who is uninformed and trying to earnestly solve wouldn't arrive at these reasons to call her town. It gives me a strong vibe of you
wanted
to express a townread on LLD, so you sat down and came up with things that you think
should
indicate that she's town - rather than looking at what she's actually done and figuring out how you feel about it. That's what I mean when I say your posts feel motivated or backwards-derived, all your logic gives me a vibe that it started with the conclusion and then finds arguments you can use to support that conclusion
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:28 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

and that includes things like the Dann read, because there the conclusion was "conflicted", so you listed a few things that could be townie and a few things that could be scummy. But one of the things you said could be townie
doesn't really make a lot of sense
and is
not compelling
, which is why I say that I have a hard time believing it, it doesn't matter where you actually landed on Dann
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:30 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1137, VP Baltar wrote:Datisi, can you bullet point your town read on me again? Am I your strongest townread?
- reactios to mech aren't over the top
- you don't seem scared to interact with me properly and have a stance on me that makes sense; this was heavily lacking in the large normal
- nothing yet that pinged me as alarming and wrong

the only * is that you are aware of the large normal and might be purposefully playing around it - but i don't think this is very likely as i am not feeling alarmed at anything

strongest townread? idk. i think close to the top definitely. i don't have a list in mind yet sorry, i've skipped over a few pages
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:34 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1135, PenguinPower wrote:yes - i'm aware that both of you are scum reading each other.

why do you think should baltar be king?
I'll walk you through my process:

I looked at the people that I thought were town
In post 964, Lukewarm wrote:4. Andresvmb
6. Andante
8. VPBaltar
17. Junkochan
18. Lady Lambdadelta
And I don't really trust Andante or Junko to be a very good king (sorry) - I am a little scared to make LLD king. - That left Andres and Baltar.

I went and checked the vote count
In post 855, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta [4]:
mastina, Charloux, Titus, Rhaenyra,
-
VP Baltar [1]:
Datisi
Andresvmb [1]:
VP Baltar
Reconsidered if I was willing to just relent for LLD, but decided against it.

I saw that Datisi was voting Baltar, and went and looked at when / why he did that.
In post 228, Datisi wrote:ok so uhhh

andante town, dannflor firebringer and vp baltar feel town

VOTE: vp baltar anyone?

my usual way of reading vp baltar is "townread him if he does something that i don't think scum-him would do", HOWEVER i have realized that i can use a "townread him if he does not do something that i know scum-him would do" here

i'm realizing how much i actually rely on being able to push stuff with my votes and how it's throwing me off, which is annoying but oh well
this does not look like a scum nominating another scum, because it does not actually even try to look sheepable. Even his follow up in is not made in a way that is particularly digestable by anyone other then Baltar himself and is buried as a single part to a much larger post responding to multiple things.

So, I figured it was limited to 3 worlds:

The bad one:
Town!Datisi nominating scum!Baltar. Which requires both my own read on Baltar and a town!Datisi's read on Baltar to be wrong here.

The good ones:
Town!Datisi nominating town!Baltar. Which great.

Scum!Datisi nominating town!Baltar, in an attempt to pocket him. Which if we *are* in this world, that is a town Baltar with a scum vote already on him that would be kind of *locked* on him once he became a viable wagon, because he would not want to look awkward leaving it after making the case that he did, the moment that Baltar started getting votes.

Making it an easier wagon to actually go through between him and Andres.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:41 am

Post by JunkoChan »

@lukewarm That's mean

I don't want this people as town or heir: Baltar Enchant Rhae mastina Penguinpower Andres UNO
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:42 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Datisi probably scum
Tsq/gl/luke/dann town
Junko town?
Charloux probs scum

this seems good.
Thank you! :)
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:43 am

Post by JunkoChan »

sorry had 2 thoughts when writing that I don't feel okay townreading any of those plus I don't want them to be king

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:44 am

Post by JunkoChan »

add Andante to that too actually, I'm literally okay with anyone else

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1142, JunkoChan wrote:@lukewarm That's mean

I don't want this people as town or heir: Baltar Enchant Rhae mastina Penguinpower Andres UNO
Can you explain andres and Uno to me?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:46 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1138, GuiltyLion wrote:I think if Luke is town here, he's just entirely not on the same wavelength with me at all. seems very focused on the literal reads themselves and not at all grokking that what I have issues with is all of the logic / reasoning he is expressing as to how he arrived at those reads.

Luke, I truly barely care at all what the actual strength of your actual LLD read is. What I care about is that everything you said in is just not compelling or believable reasons to townread LLD,
especially
a player of her caliber, like all of what you said could easily be faked or is based on her not playing in a specific way you would expect her to as scum. and I believe someone who is uninformed and trying to earnestly solve wouldn't arrive at these reasons to call her town. It gives me a strong vibe of you
wanted
to express a townread on LLD, so you sat down and came up with things that you think
should
indicate that she's town - rather than looking at what she's actually done and figuring out how you feel about it. That's what I mean when I say your posts feel motivated or backwards-derived, all your logic gives me a vibe that it started with the conclusion and then finds arguments you can use to support that conclusion
Why is Luke scum for having a townread based on his experiences with me but you aren't for describing my quality of play and aiming to prevent anyone from being able to read me as town?

Like at what point does the paranoia about being able to see me as town become an eventful act to prevent me from taking a foothold in this game, as a scum action?

You and Luke are on two sides of the same coin, doing 2 different things with your concern and understanding of me but at least in my mind Luke is nailed down with a reasoning that checked out from our prior experience from my PoV. You are just waving in a general area and not attempting to read me at all, only by proxy of discrediting Luke have you given any alignment on me.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:47 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1138, GuiltyLion wrote:I think if Luke is town here, he's just entirely not on the same wavelength with me at all. seems very focused on the literal reads themselves and not at all grokking that what I have issues with is all of the logic / reasoning he is expressing as to how he arrived at those reads.

especially
wanted
should
Do you think town never does this as an attempt to put more meat on the bone of what is a vibe? I feel like I do. And I thought that was what Luke was claiming to have done.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:47 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1145, JunkoChan wrote:add Andante to that too actually, I'm literally okay with anyone else
to be clear - you're okay with Charloux, Bella, and Titus?

That group of people feels weird to me. You've said you had Andres as town earlier, why are you not ok with him being King?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”