Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 893, UNOwen wrote:so don't have an issue with the list in those terms - with the exception of you, who is suspicious to me.
why are you suspicious of me? Have you expressed this before?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 471, Datisi wrote:also the tinfoily part of my brain is telling me that if you were scum, *someone* in your scumteam would know andante and warn you that she's basically an omgus machine and also that she is just like that as town and so it's not worth the struggle in early game... but tinfoiling
actually I guess Datisi said this exact thing earlier

hmmmmm were you referencing this at all @Luke?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 895, Lukewarm wrote:Also felt good to see him point out the same Datisi post that I did.
Let's be clear, I don't think Datisi is necessarily scummy for this. It just didn't make sense to me. I think you're off on your own on where you've taken that.
YOUR AD HERE

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 209, Dannflor wrote:I liked GL poking Datisi. I think calling their back and forth meaningless is a really surface level read of their discussion. I think where GL is trying to dig into the difference between what Datisi might believe and what Datisi might believe others to believe is a pretty insightful difference and it's one of the first solving posts in the game that I feel good about from the standpoint of "was this person trying to solve someone's alignment or just look solvy and towny"
GL is a good player and I'm not going to pretend I can't be wrong, but off the first 6 pages or so I've had the best feelings about his slot.

in general I just like his reaction to the King discussion because I don't feel he's really positioning to be in a position of power. also his reasoning for me as King is like the only reasoning for me as King I've liked so far. my pride says that I'm still a better scum player than he's assuming but I think from his perspective it makes a lot of sense
Did Andante literally call a minimum of 3/4???

'Cause I'm beginning to think she did.
In post 208, Dannflor wrote:You have this very anxious "NEED TO POST" energy about you here, if you're town you know you're town
Funny, that's what your posts look like to me!
In post 208, Dannflor wrote:n general there's like... a lack of empathy in your solving that I would expect from a town point of view
Well whadda ya know, I happen to think your posting lacks empathy which is your signature towntell, so......

HURT: Dannflor
VOTE: Andante
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 948, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 943, Lukewarm wrote:at some point a member of the scum team would have had to have talked to you about it, so maybe not
sorry to keep harping on you but this is the kinda stuff where it feels to me like you're finding reasons to justify your reads rather than arriving at them from a full thought out process
He is literally a slot in the null section of my reads that asked me to voice more of my thoughts on his slot. Not sure why you would were expecting, but those are my internal thoughts there.
I know you've said you're only giving 20% so far this game so give a bit more of that remaining 80% please :]
That is literally just all the spoons that I have atm.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 951, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 471, Datisi wrote:also the tinfoily part of my brain is telling me that if you were scum, *someone* in your scumteam would know andante and warn you that she's basically an omgus machine and also that she is just like that as town and so it's not worth the struggle in early game... but tinfoiling

how does that not fit with telling dann after he started pushing me for nonsense? He backed off pretty quickly from his push... like you don't sit in scum chat and go "I'm gonna push andante!" and you don't spend pregame going "don't push andante" you spend first moment going "who are the easy mislims?" and after scum team sees dann pushing me, they go "bad move..." like this just feels like you're Dann's partner trying to justify it to the rest of us like "don't worry dann must be town!!"

lol ok I really should go now... but yall keep making posts I *need* to reply to
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 909, UNOwen wrote:Why advocate Andres to be king if you're going to try to undercut him before he's been crowned?
How exactly am I undercutting him?
YOUR AD HERE

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:52 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 951, GuiltyLion wrote:

no, but I am pretty sure that is a fairly common conception of Andante?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:52 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 955, Andante wrote:how does that not fit with telling dann after he started pushing me for nonsense? He backed off pretty quickly from his push... like you don't sit in scum chat and go "I'm gonna push andante!" and you don't spend pregame going "don't push andante" you spend first moment going "who are the easy mislims?" and after scum team sees dann pushing me, they go "bad move..." like this just feels like you're Dann's partner trying to justify it to the rest of us like "don't worry dann must be town!!"

lol ok I really should go now... but yall keep making posts I *need* to reply to
I think you misunderstand me, I'm questioning Luke's reasoning for why he thinks Dann is town on that basis there, because it feels kinda half-baked/shallow from Luke. I'm not trying to argue for town!Dann in that post, you've misread it if you think I am

@Luke, fair enough, I realized my comment is a little meaner than I intended, sorry about that. I'll give you some space for a bit
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 955, Andante wrote:like you don't sit in scum chat and go "I'm gonna push andante!" and you don't spend pregame going "don't push andante"
like Andante this was exactly my point, and I thought it was kinda silly & suspect that Luke was saying that Dann being warned about Andante in the scum PT certainly
would
have happened
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 953, mastina wrote:Did Andante literally call a minimum of 3/4???

'Cause I'm beginning to think she did.
Fam, I was SO CONVINCED too, and like the way they all keep talking, it's like, I'm pretty certain I'm at least in the right direction, you have no idea how happy this makes me, like someone else actually thinks I'm on to something? YEESSSS :))
Like, I don't think I'm spot on, but that's where I'd love some help why *why* I'm wrong on someone.

ANDANTE FOR KING!!!! hahahaha

VOTE: Andante

If I was king, my council would consist of.... I have no idea yet, definitely not just doing my own thing there, have no fear!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Big pocket andante energy coming from mastina posting.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:58 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 235, Andresvmb wrote:I don’t mind your strategy of selecting which players would be best suited for the role of King and voicing that view early. What I am finding a bit interesting is your insistence on having one specific player picked when you have not been able to form an opinion on their alignment.
I mean I needed to vote someone and it was literally page one. I didn't exactly have a lot to form an opinion on alignment-wise, now, did I? :P
In post 245, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:So this is a much more important vote than some people are allowing for.
I trust Andante, here. I don't think she would throw with her choices.
In post 232, Andresvmb wrote:VOTE: mastina
Hello all. Looking forward to playing a game with 5 Scum - seems a bit crazy. Let’s get ‘em.
If this is Andres not realizing he was casting a king vote, is town. (No, not for the townslip. Well, kinda for the townslip. But not really.)
In post 240, Andresvmb wrote:HEAL: GuiltyLion
Yup, town.
In post 241, Datisi wrote:i am, yeah. i'm not planning to like, try to force it through, because i think it's more hassle than it's actually worth, but i definitely wouldn't refuse it.
Alright, I'm starting to see Datisi town more strongly now!
In post 210, Dannflor wrote:
In post 150, Firebringer wrote:Andante is being andante nothing to worry about here. Town
is adante just like super super polarized or something
(Dannflor is scum not realizing he picked a really fucking bad fight to pick.)
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:59 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 958, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 955, Andante wrote:how does that not fit with telling dann after he started pushing me for nonsense? He backed off pretty quickly from his push... like you don't sit in scum chat and go "I'm gonna push andante!" and you don't spend pregame going "don't push andante" you spend first moment going "who are the easy mislims?" and after scum team sees dann pushing me, they go "bad move..." like this just feels like you're Dann's partner trying to justify it to the rest of us like "don't worry dann must be town!!"

I think you misunderstand me, I'm questioning Luke's reasoning for why he thinks Dann is town on that basis there, because it feels kinda half-baked/shallow from Luke. I'm not trying to argue for town!Dann in that post, you've misread it if you think I am

@Luke, fair enough, I realized my comment is a little meaner than I intended, sorry about that. I'll give you some space for a bit
ahhh lol makes sense! hmmm Luke is someone I don't have a solid read on right now... he was the one with the sus Dwlee read right? hmmm
In post 959, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 955, Andante wrote:like you don't sit in scum chat and go "I'm gonna push andante!" and you don't spend pregame going "don't push andante"
like Andante this was exactly my point, and I thought it was kinda silly & suspect that Luke was saying that Dann being warned about Andante in the scum PT certainly
would
have happened
interesting.... I'm not sure how I missed this... Luke you may be in trouble if all this is true..

I'm gonna look into Luke real quick, he's been flying under the radar tbh
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 958, GuiltyLion wrote:I think you misunderstand me, I'm questioning Luke's reasoning for why he thinks Dann is town on that basis there, because it feels kinda half-baked/shallow from Luke. I'm not trying to argue for town!Dann in that post, you've misread it if you think I am
Did you even look at where Dann was on my reads list? lol

Spoiler:
In post 895, Lukewarm wrote:4. Andresvmb
6. Andante
8. VPBaltar
17. Junkochan
18. Lady Lambdadelta

7. Thestatusquo
20. Bellaphant

2. Titus
3. PenguinPower
9. Dannflor

10. Unowen
11. GuiltyLion
14. Charloux
16. mastina
21. Enchant

1. Rhaenyra
12. Firebringer
13. Dwlee99

15. Datisi
19. ProfessorDrapion

When he asked me more about my thoughts on him (almost certainly because he was the only person in my null section that I had enough thoughts about to have commented on despite his placement), and my response was :

~Here is a reason that I think you might be scum, but I don't know if it makes sense actually
~Here is a thought I had about you, but depends on a preflip of someone.
~Here is a really weak thought I had about you

Which, I am aware is not going to convince anyone of swaying him either direction [see me, myself, being unswayed one way or another]
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:01 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Also super unimpressed with mastinas posts and takes overall so far.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'ma step away for a bit but I'll drop a readslist post with more High Quality Analysis and some Council Thoughts later tonight. maybe even change my King vote, stay tuned!
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

In post 961, Thestatusquo wrote:Big pocket andante energy coming from mastina posting.
You already pre-read her scum so nothing she does is gonna change your mind, regardless of how towny it is.

Yeah, you'll think I am a hypocrite/obnoxious or whatever, but dammit, I can't stand this sorta behaviour.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

I find it really weird that Titus shared a summary of their views, and they completely skipped over my contributions as if I wasn’t even here. It’s bizarre.

@GuiltyLion, I think we need to speak more directly because I have you as King but I don’t really see you interacting with my posts all that much (though you did voice that one of my questions made sense), so I know you’re at least reading me somewhat. What do you think of say my Town core?
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

Scumreads: Titus, Junko, Dannflor
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I literally did not say anything about her alignment and frankly I'm really fucking sick of you and your absurd fucking interpretations about literally everything i say.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 959, GuiltyLion wrote:
would
have happened
Like, sure. They never would have talked about it before post .

It was when I saw him bring the suspicion back up in that I had that thought, because that would have given them time to have potentially discussed it after he made 204.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 260, JunkoChan wrote:ma lady, king cannot execute 2 days in a row
It does make me think LLD is town btw--I don't think that a scum-LLD fakes this mistake and I don't think a scum-LLD makes it. Obviously, not locked in because LLD is LLD, she is both capable of derping it up as scum and of faking the derp as scum, but while I know she CAN legit derp and I know she CAN fake derp, I think the derp is real and from town, not from scum.
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

In post 970, Thestatusquo wrote:I literally did not say anything about her alignment and frankly I'm really fucking sick of you and your absurd fucking interpretations about literally everything i say.
In post 961, Thestatusquo wrote:Big pocket andante energy coming from mastina posting.
Oh really?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by Andante »

ok actually this ISO has a lot of words and I want to give it the proper look, I have to go in 3 minutes. I'm not sure how Luke has gone under the radar with 40 posts... hmm that's kinda concerning to me, it's ok! that's a later thing, FULL readslist coming thursday, I know yall can't wait!

in the meantime, plz make me king :) I'd much rather give yall the PRs than have one myself, what I'll do to decide is I'll go "WHO WANTS WHAT" and you make your case for why you're the best candidate and we'll discuss, and bam!

ok, goodnight! I really don't think I'm checking in tomorrow.. possibly, but yeah... no guarantees, I'll be reading though!

final thoughts?

ANDANTE FOR KING PLEASE <3

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”