Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:40 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 523, Kokabiel wrote:It's not immediate. Penguin already scumread me even if he didn't state it. He broke character with his comments right after the announcement which is a pretty big tell. And now he is lurking because he doesn't feel pressure
Have you ever played scum before? lol

You don't just... throw yourself out there after getting a PM like that.

Even if it he knew he needed you dead, it would also be a goal for him to not look terrible when you flipped with a role that says "on Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:43 pm, the 3p player got a PM that said that your win condition now requires the death of Koka" ?
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:40 am

Post by The Bombay »

In post 525, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 523, Kokabiel wrote:It's not immediate. Penguin already scumread me even if he didn't state it. He broke character with his comments right after the announcement which is a pretty big tell. And now he is lurking because he doesn't feel pressure
Have you ever played scum before? lol

You don't just... throw yourself out there after getting a PM like that.

Even if it he knew he needed you dead, it would also be a goal for him to not look terrible when you flipped with a role that says "on Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:43 pm, the 3p player got a PM that said that your win condition now requires the death of Koka" ?
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:41 am

Post by The Bombay »

Regardless, now we just wait for Roden.

He should be able to shed more light on the situation.
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:00 am

Post by Kokabiel »

If it were you, what would you do if you need to kill someone by vote without killing them by vote?
Even if they have a nightkill, there is a high chance that someone will have something on them like a doctor, a lookout etc.
I'm just speaking this using my own logic ftr
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:02 am

Post by Bell »

It benefits scum because the scum team lose when the 3rd party wins. they're the anti-faction, faction. The scum team has just as much incentive to kill the third party as they do town.
The only difference is that the scum team *might* let the third party live a day or two if they have more pressing concerns.
RH
RH
he/him
Goon
RH
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:05 am

Post by RH »

In post 483, Kokabiel wrote:@Mod: Did you edit the role dictator in your posts so far?
I did not.

Edit: I have deleted my accidental mainslip and this should now be on this account.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:13 am

Post by Roden »

First thing everyone should know: my role isn't called Advocate or Moonlight Dancer. My ability is called Advocate, but my role is actually called
Proponent
. Koka has already botched their role claim as far as flavor goes. I'm fairly certain Koka isn't claiming their real role name because it would sound scummy and didn't think anyone else was also an Advocate. Though Koka did say the correct trigger phrase "Represent Residents", as that was mine as well.

Besides that, the secondary effect from my ability let's me send a message to my target mod-confirming me as town. I'd like for this player to announce this, please.
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:13 am

Post by Kokabiel »

In post 529, Bell wrote:It benefits scum because the scum team lose when the 3rd party wins. they're the anti-faction, faction. The scum team has just as much incentive to kill the third party as they do town.
The only difference is that the scum team *might* let the third party live a day or two if they have more pressing concerns.
I was talking about what the 3p would do if he needs to yeet someone without a night kill.

But on the topic of scum vs 3P. While everything is situational, i find it dumb for scum to kill 3p on N1/N2 until town loses vast majority.
It makes perfect sense to me to leave 3P as a potential miselim and kill him a night before lylo in the best case scenario. If they lose 1 scum, town would feel pressured to find the 3P. If 3P is a killing role, the chances of hitting scum are on the low end and gradually going up. I don't see a problem with my logic here.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
In this situation scum/3P only need to kill Frog to make the game go on artificial respiration since half the roster is either lurking or doesn't even care about the game.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:16 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 531, Roden wrote:First thing everyone should know: my role isn't called Advocate or Moonlight Dancer. My ability is called Advocate, but my role is actually called
Proponent
. Koka has already botched their role claim as far as flavor goes. I'm fairly certain Koka isn't claiming their real role name because it would sound scummy and didn't think anyone else was also an Advocate. Though Koka did say the correct trigger phrase "Represent Residents", as that was mine as well.

Besides that, the secondary effect from my ability let's me send a message to my target mod-confirming me as town. I'd like for this player to announce this, please.
spicy

I CAN CONFIRM I'M NOT THE PLAYER RODEN MESSAGED
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:16 am

Post by Roden »

In post 392, Kokabiel wrote:
In post 389, The Bombay wrote:Koka, how does your flavor of advocate get to q moonlight dancer?

Like, in my mind an "advocate" is [someone] who is doing things for [someone or something else].

How is that getting to "you can have your own pr name revealed?"
I pm the mod "Represent Residents" and the mod confirms my role in the main thread.
It makes sense since an advocate is "a person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy." according to wiki
This also reads as having got a scum PM because my role flavor actually explains why I'm an Advocate. It makes more sense to refer to that than looking up a definition on wikipedia.
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:17 am

Post by Kokabiel »

In post 531, Roden wrote:First thing everyone should know: my role isn't called Advocate or Moonlight Dancer. My ability is called Advocate, but my role is actually called
Proponent

I see, so your role is arguably pro-town since you can confirm yourself while mine is arguably pro-delegation since i give info to the scum team.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:18 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 534, Roden wrote:
In post 389, The Bombay wrote:Koka, how does your flavor of advocate get to q moonlight dancer?

Like, in my mind an "advocate" is [someone] who is doing things for [someone or something else].

I pm the mod "Represent Residents" and the mod confirms my role in the main thread.
It makes sense since an advocate is "a person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy." according to wiki
This also reads as having got a scum PM because my role flavor actually explains why I'm an Advocate. It makes more sense to refer to that than looking up a definition on wikipedia.
Shade. The shade is real. Shade is defined by Urban Dictionary as 'acting in a casual or disrespectful manner towards someone/dissing a friend.
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:19 am

Post by Kokabiel »

In post 534, Roden wrote:

I had no idea what advocate means, i thought it was something like a lawyer. Proponant gives the same explanation as advocate when i google it.
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:21 am

Post by Kokabiel »

Btw why did you out yourself, i'm going to die anyway
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:21 am

Post by Kokabiel »

Imagine saving it till lylo
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:21 am

Post by Frogsterking »

After y'all get your kicks from mislimming Kookaburra remember the groupscum are Passenger/Bell/Roden and the government agent might be Penguin cause of what Kookaburra's reaction test revealed. I'm going to go back to my hermit frog spot in the mountains away from this Community cause I'm disgusted with y'all voting out
Kookaburra instead of the damn group scum.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:22 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 540, Frogsterking wrote:After y'all get your kicks from mislimming Kookaburra remember the groupscum are Passenger/Bell/Roden and the government agent might be Penguin cause of what Kookaburra's reaction test revealed. I'm going to go back to my hermit frog spot in the mountains away from this Community cause I'm disgusted with y'all voting out
Mindmeld, apart from the fact that someone is apparently going to announce Roden's conftown status very soon
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:23 am

Post by The Bombay »

Are you claiming that your role name, and not just the ability, is Advocate?

~Luke
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:29 am

Post by The Bombay »

Because the same game having one player

Flavor name: Proponent
Ability: Advocate

And another player

Flavor name: Advocate

Feels really wrong.

If not, what is your flavor name and why did you hide it before, when I was specifically asking how your flavor lined up with your ability?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:30 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 543, The Bombay wrote:Because the same game having one player

Flavor name: Proponent

And another player

Flavor name: Advocate

Feels really wrong.

If not, what is your flavor name and why did you hide it before, when I was specifically asking how your flavor lined up with your ability?
This is veri gud questioning you should be a Lawyer
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:33 am

Post by Kokabiel »

My role name is Advocate. It's role is Advocate i'm assuming because an Advocate advocates. And when i pm the mod he confirms that i'm an advocate which is my role name.
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:35 am

Post by Kokabiel »

Mine and Roden's roles are slightly different so i'm assuming the names are different cuz of that.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:37 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 541, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 540, Frogsterking wrote:After y'all get your kicks from mislimming Kookaburra remember the groupscum are Passenger/Bell/Roden and the government agent might be Penguin cause of what Kookaburra's reaction test revealed. I'm going to go back to my hermit frog spot in the mountains away from this Community cause I'm disgusted with y'all voting out
Mindmeld, apart from the fact that someone is apparently going to announce Roden's conftown status very soon
I just finished successfully conning a Town with a scumsided Mailman "mod confirming" themselves Town by fakeclaiming JOAT with a Town Friendly Neighbor shot, so whatever Roden is up to I'll believe Roden's claim once he's dead and his alignment is "mod revealed" for us all to see.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:39 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 547, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 541, furtiveglance wrote:
I just finished successfully conning a Town with a scumsided Mailman "mod confirming" themselves Town by fakeclaiming JOAT with a Town Friendly Neighbor shot, so whatever Roden is up to I'll believe Roden's claim once he's dead and his alignment is "mod revealed" for us all to see.
Well let's see if someone 'sus' confirms him..... we know it isn't us, or The Bombay, who does Roden townread?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:40 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 546, Kokabiel wrote:Mine and Roden's roles are slightly different so i'm assuming the names are different cuz of that.
IMHO, I believe furtive is onto something with one Advocate being Town and the other being scum. I don't think we can just assume it to be true in a vacuum, but based on behavior you are Townie and Roden isn't at all, so I think in this situation it's a good theory.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”