Lars~
Townie
Lars~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:13 am

Post by Lars~ »

In post 648, Palmer~ wrote:
In post 644, Lars~ wrote:but I think it's still useful in a situation where scum can assimilate to try to have as few lingering questions or doubts as possible when heading into night phase.
Why is this, by the way? I kind of lean the opposite way, since we'll be re-evaluating most slots tomorrow.
It's easier to re-evaluate slots if we have a confident baseline to compare to. I also think that generally, the more people post, the harder it becomes for scum to assimilate.
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:16 am

Post by Palmer~ »

In post 649, Lars~ wrote:I agree that wouldn't probably be worth interacting over, from the perspective of trying to make me see you as town. But I would expect that it would be worth interacting over from the perspective of you trying to sort me.
I'm not expecting that an answer to that question would be very AI. As I've said, I feel like that kind of read is very easy to make up when you're scum.

But sure, let's see - in what ways am I a little off to you?
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:21 am

Post by Palmer~ »

Oh, and what made you be less sure of it ?
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:26 am

Post by Palmer~ »

And then I end up lower on your second readslist than on your first...
Lars~
Lars~
Townie
Lars~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:28 am

Post by Lars~ »

In post 651, Palmer~ wrote:
In post 649, Lars~ wrote:I agree that wouldn't probably be worth interacting over, from the perspective of trying to make me see you as town. But I would expect that it would be worth interacting over from the perspective of you trying to sort me.
I'm not expecting that an answer to that question would be very AI. As I've said, I feel like that kind of read is very easy to make up when you're scum.

But sure, let's see - in what ways am I a little off to you?
It's mostly minor tone things, where you feel a little stiff or unnatural. is an example. I agree with Fuchs (or Windows?) that has an overexplained feel to it.

In general it feels like you're holding back a little and not letting yourself get fully engaged. You're posting, but it feels too constructed.

I don't think that's inherently scummy, since there's a lot of possible reasons for that feeling, but I was worried that if you were scum you would try to assimilate before people got a good handle on your natural voice (in order to better locate it in a different person). I also wondered why you didn't seem to have any similar urgency towards sorting me, since I don't think I've been especially verbose lately (until recently), but that's probably too self-centered of me.
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:30 am

Post by Palmer~ »

Clark has had one foot in their grave for how many IRL days now? Why would I feel urgency towards sorting
you
Lars~
Lars~
Townie
Lars~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:31 am

Post by Lars~ »

In post 652, Palmer~ wrote:Oh, and what made you be less sure of it ?
I think it was just that your series of posts from to felt a lot more natural to me.

My read on you hasn't decreased that much, but others (especially Copper) have gone up. I did also start to think more along the lines of the last paragraph in my previous post, which made me wary.
Lars~
Lars~
Townie
Lars~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:32 am

Post by Lars~ »

In post 655, Palmer~ wrote:Clark has had one foot in their grave for how many IRL days now? Why would I feel urgency towards sorting
you
Because there's more than one scum? What does Clark have to do with it? Why would there be more urgency towards sorting the person who is almost certainly going to flip anyway?
Nauls~
Nauls~
Townie
Nauls~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:33 am

Post by Nauls~ »

I kind of want to hammer, it sounds very satisfying to do… :cool:

Sorry for not engaging the most with the game lately, honestly mech stuff is mostly boring to me so I kind of mentally checked out when it came up.
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:34 am

Post by Palmer~ »

I am not aware of us being able to burn more than one person in one game Day?

Because we aren't. And even if I got a very solid scumread of you Today, then what? Scum has extra info to plan for kills and assimilations?
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:42 am

Post by Palmer~ »

In post 454, Lars~ wrote:I still think Clark is likely scum.
How did you get here? They were in second-to-last tier in the readslist prior, and I don't see anything in between that explains it.
Lars~
Lars~
Townie
Lars~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:42 am

Post by Lars~ »

It's not really about getting a solid scumread. It's about trying to figure out who may try to assimilate if they're scum, and not letting that be easy for them to do. It's about getting a better feel for people so you can better notice later if they seem off.

Like, for example, I feel pretty okay with trusting my ability to notice if certain players feel off from how they've been so far. Some I don't feel that at all. The more that I engage and talk to people, the fewer places there are where I'm worried that scum could easily jump there. The more I engage and talk with the people I think are scum, the better I feel about my ability to find them again if they assimilate.
Lars~
Lars~
Townie
Lars~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:47 am

Post by Lars~ »

In post 660, Palmer~ wrote:
In post 454, Lars~ wrote:I still think Clark is likely scum.
How did you get here? They were in second-to-last tier in the readslist prior, and I don't see anything in between that explains it.
My read on Norris, Copper, and you all improved. I also townread MacReady more, and he was pushing for a Clark wagon, and I started to even more strongly townread Fuchs, who was also on the wagon.

I don't think there was anything that specific that Clark did to decrease my read on him, I just felt like I trusted the people pushing him, and was less suspicious of my other suspects. I probably reread Clark in there at some point as well before I voted him, but I don't remember specifically.
Lars~
Lars~
Townie
Lars~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:50 am

Post by Lars~ »

I think the strongest point for me was the lack of what felt like any real scumhunting from them, but I don't remember if I specifically called that out. Pretty sure other people had done so already.
Lars~
Lars~
Townie
Lars~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:54 am

Post by Lars~ »

In post 661, Lars~ wrote:It's not really about getting a solid scumread. It's about trying to figure out who may try to assimilate if they're scum, and not letting that be easy for them to do. It's about getting a better feel for people so you can better notice later if they seem off.

Like, for example, I feel pretty okay with trusting my ability to notice if certain players feel off from how they've been so far. Some I don't feel that at all. The more that I engage and talk to people, the fewer places there are where I'm worried that scum could easily jump there. The more I engage and talk with the people I think are scum, the better I feel about my ability to find them again if they assimilate.
And like I said, I don't think you're necessarily scum for this. Others might be approaching things differently. It was just something that made me want to talk to you and see what your thought process is, so I could understand it better.
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:02 am

Post by Palmer~ »

But fine, I read your ISO. here's my findings:

Almost nothing speaks to me. Your ISO sure is full of posts, but none of them actually seem very telling to me. There's nothing egregiously scummy, but there's also nothing that seems like a strikingly difficult thought process to fake. The one thing that still sticks out to me the most is the Norris stuff from the beginning of the game, and even that I currently don't find as bad as I did when I first read it.

[I wrote the above when the thread was somewhere around 655, and I'm keeping it in.]

The only thing from my initial reread is that I thought Lars looks rather unaligned with Clark.

I think I'm leaning town on Lars currently. Something about the way he explains his reads feels like town. Remembering the relations of his reads in and , for example. And the last paragraph of feels like townie paranoia.

I think Lars and I are seeing the game quite differently, which is part of the reason for these misunderstandings. But reading the way he's trying to play, I think it actually fits and makes sense with the ISO that I read.
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:51 am

Post by Fuchs~ »

Well this day sure is still happening
Garry~
Garry~
he/they
Townie
Garry~
he/they
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:52 am

Post by Garry~ »

I'm slightly tring palmer for latest posts.
It feels genuine and they seem to be trying to solve.
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:33 am

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 666, Fuchs~ wrote:Well this day sure is still happening

Lars~
Lars~
Townie
Lars~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by Lars~ »

I'm fine with the day ending if anyone wants to hammer.
Nauls~
Nauls~
Townie
Nauls~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by Nauls~ »

INTENT TO HAMMER

Don't really have anything else to say before night, I'll hammer soon if no one's opposed
Blair~
Blair~
Townie
Blair~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by Blair~ »

if I don't write a super cool diary entry tomorrow plz kill me
Windows~
Windows~
Townie
Windows~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:23 pm

Post by Windows~ »

If I do write a super cool diary entry tomorrow plz kill me
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:35 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

I don't really have much more to say here - I hope Clark is not a town jailbreaker, but their silence and posting throughout this entire process has not been townie at all, so I don't think that's very likely. I think there's a fair amount of vca to do in the scum-Clarke world, but that should wait for tomorrow

The blatant consensus and lack of a counterwagon do somewhat worry me though
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:43 pm

Post by petapan »

-
free crypto

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”