furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 70, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 65, Frogsterking wrote:I have reviewed the thread and have a full team solve virtue of you guys being really easy reads.
In case anyone's confused this isn't a reaction test, I do have a full team solve I expect to be roughly 2/3 precise. I'm clarifying it's not a reaction test specifically because I know that no one interprets me to be joking because I'm sharp enough to realize a player who claims to think I'm joking is unlikely to be the telling the truth.
Go on then, who's mafia?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:20 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 74, DeasVail wrote:
In post 54, Passenger wrote:
In post 49, DeasVail wrote:I'm trying to make posts made so far AI in my head, but I'm not really coming up with much.
rcan you please explain what you mean by “make posts AI in your head?”
I tend to think that most posts are probably NAI, at the end of the day. But particularly in the early game I think it’s helpful to think about whether particular posts are more likely from town, and to push on anything that might be from scum. For the posts made thus far, I had some thoughts along the lines of “this could be from town”, but then also counter-arguments in my head about why what I thought was town, wasn’t necessarily.

For example, I agree that Star Power’s post isn’t particularly indicative of scum, but I also can’t townread that post. In the end it’s just a colourful way of saying “let’s kill scum!”
IMO I don't think you are a dull player so if you haven't seen anything suspicious yet then I think you should reread and be more open to being skeptical and critical of others. I think the idea of whether or not most posts are NAI is tricky. In this particular game I believe that a lot more AI content than usual has been created.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 76, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 49, DeasVail wrote:I'm trying to make posts made so far AI in my head, but I'm not really coming up with much.
I tend to think that most posts are probably NAI, at the end of the day. But particularly in the early game I think it’s helpful to think about whether particular posts are more likely from town, and to push on anything that might be from scum. For the posts made thus far, I had some thoughts along the lines of “this could be from town”, but then also counter-arguments in my head about why what I thought was town, wasn’t necessarily.

For example, I agree that Star Power’s post isn’t particularly indicative of scum, but I also can’t townread that post. In the end it’s just a colourful way of saying “let’s kill scum!”
IMO I don't think you are a dull player so if you haven't seen anything suspicious yet then I think you should reread and be more open to being skeptical and critical of others. I think the idea of whether or not most posts are NAI is tricky. In this particular game I believe that a lot more AI content than usual has been created.
can you vote kokabiel

-marci
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 75, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 70, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 65, Frogsterking wrote:I have reviewed the thread and have a full team solve virtue of you guys being really easy reads.
In case anyone's confused this isn't a reaction test, I do have a full team solve I expect to be roughly 2/3 precise. I'm clarifying it's not a reaction test specifically because I know that no one interprets me to be joking because I'm sharp enough to realize a player who claims to think I'm joking is unlikely to be the telling the truth.
Go on then, who's mafia?
It's a good question but I'm going to be cagey for a little while and see what people do. I promise to out my reads sooner than I did in that Mini Normal we played though, I waited way too long in that game. I'll also remind you when I did finally out my reads on D1, Hoppip/Delta/Nuclear Gandhi was 2/3 correct. I found Hoppip/Delta right away so there was no real benefit there to waiting so long which my intuition says will be similar to this game. At this point I feel confident that I found 2 group scum already and no matter how much I flail and gnash my teeth I will be unlikely to pin down the third, though I can narrow it down quite a bit.

FWIW I believe #75 above is more likely to come from Resident/Dictator than group scum.
In post 77, The Bombay wrote:

can you vote kokabiel

-marci
I'm being cagey right now, sorry.

#77 above is more likely to come from Resident.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:58 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 26, Herta wrote:Softclaim present.

VOTE: johnny
In post 27, Herta wrote:
In post 7, Star Power wrote:Hello everyone! I am here, ready to be a shining light against the delegation!

VOTE: DeasVail
I'm gonna need coffee.
Time's up, Herta. I need you to stop thread flaking and write a reads list now.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by DeasVail »

can you vote kokabiel

-marci
Why didn’t you ask me?
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I have read this a few times and I still don't fully understand it
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 80, DeasVail wrote:

can you vote kokabiel

-marci
Why didn’t you ask me?
can you vote kokabiel?
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:54 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 48, DeasVail wrote:
In post 25, JohnnyFarrar wrote:VOTE: pengy

Ngl I kinda like that this community is in a lil turmoil if this is how we treat foreigners
what does this mean?
A bit of partner equity with Fruitofelegance and Deasnutz here, because this seems like a straightforward joke to me in context, so maybe deas just isn't reading furfurs posts?

That or my humor isn't clear
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:55 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 57, Flavia wrote:
In post 55, Passenger wrote:
In post 50, Bell wrote:
Must be scum out of ideas.
This is also what I thought. It seems like DeasVail is playing from the point of view of someone who is looking over posts with a checklist of tells to appear useful, rather than engaging in actual solving.

Maybe but why them specifically over hmm...basically everyone else, excluding Bombay and maybe Bell. Rest of us weren't exactly overtly solving stuff.

PS: I'm taking frogsterking's readings on page 1 as a joke, not them being serious
I thought I'd played with a Flavia before, the name sounds familiar, but this account is brand new? Am I high?
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:59 pm

Post by Kokabiel »

In post 73, The Bombay wrote:VOTE: kokabiel

Spoiler:

-Marci
Awww how cute~
In post 77, The Bombay wrote: can you vote kokabiel

-marci
This, on the other hand, is NOT cute at all. I fail to see how calling acquaintances to join a... RVS? vote is town behavior.
I doubt scum would blatantly call their buddies like this so thats one association down.
In post 82, The Bombay wrote:
In post 80, DeasVail wrote: Why didn’t you ask me?
can you vote kokabiel?
Yuck. Can totes see this as a scum theater.
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:01 pm

Post by Kokabiel »

VOTE: Bombay
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Kookaburra, Why are you pretending to evaluate marci asking me to join her wagon as non SvS whereas you evaluate her doing the same thing to Dease as likely to be SvS? It's not because Johnny recently posted some reasons to be suspicious of Dease and you're hoping to fuel a TvT between them, is it?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:12 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Hey all. It’s good to be here. I’ll do a quick read, catch up, and put a preliminary vote down. Once I’ve done that, I’ll go to sleep. Expect more from me tomorrow.
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:20 pm

Post by Kokabiel »

In post 87, Frogsterking wrote:Kookaburra, Why are you pretending to evaluate marci asking me to join her wagon as non SvS whereas you evaluate her doing the same thing to Dease as likely to be SvS? It's not because Johnny recently posted some reasons to be suspicious of Dease and you're hoping to fuel a TvT between them, is it?
I'm going to assume this is meant for me.
What do you mean by pretend? Why didn't you ask why Marci pretended to do an honest work?
The difference is that Marci invited you, whereas Dease invited himself. Marci can invite anyone, so how would that make it SvS?
Johnny's reasoning on Dease is flawed because scum don't need to pretend to be scumhunting this game. The only question is why Dease thinks he needs to make AI reads so soon, which i don't find AI in itself.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:22 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 89, Kokabiel wrote:scum don't need to pretend to be scumhunting this game
Huh? What do you know that I dont
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:25 pm

Post by Kokabiel »

In post 2, RH wrote:
Setup

General Information
  • This is a Large Theme themed around a group of militants and a government operative.
  • The
    Residents
    are the uninformed majority and the
    Delegation
    is the informed minority.
  • There is a
    Government
    operative who is
    Antisocial
    . If they win, all other players will lose.
  • The setup does not meet
    Normal Guidelines
    but has no
    Bastard
    elements.
  • Multitasking
    and
    Daytalk
    is enabled by default.
Probably this?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 86, Kokabiel wrote:VOTE: Bombay
VOTE: Passenger
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:27 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

^I didn’t mean to quote that post. It’s irrelevant to the vote.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:30 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

is over-explainy. Which is the only reason I’m putting this vote down. I’m not buying Scum enters the thread and basically says I can’t find ways to contribute. I would probably spam or act silly before I admit that I am not actively contributing to solving. That’s my perspective so obviously won’t apply across the board. But that’s all I got. So I think Passenger is trying to justify a vote with too many words when there’s no way you can make that long a case about anyone.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:30 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Anyway, I’m going to sleep. I’m back tomorrow.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:35 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 89, Kokabiel wrote:
In post 87, Frogsterking wrote:Kookaburra, Why are you pretending to evaluate marci asking me to join her wagon as non SvS whereas you evaluate her doing the same thing to Dease as likely to be SvS? It's not because Johnny recently posted some reasons to be suspicious of Dease and you're hoping to fuel a TvT between them, is it?
I'm going to assume this is meant for me.
What do you mean by pretend? Why didn't you ask why Marci pretended to do an honest work?
The difference is that Marci invited you, whereas Dease invited himself. Marci can invite anyone, so how would that make it SvS?
Johnny's reasoning on Dease is flawed because scum don't need to pretend to be scumhunting this game. The only question is why Dease thinks he needs to make AI reads so soon, which i don't find AI in itself.
I don't understand

1) why I would ask marci that question,
2) why Dease inviting himself is SvS
3) why scum don't need to pretend to be scumhunting
4) how you expect any of the three questions you directed toward me to lead to me saying something AI.

I suggest you help me understand because like most people I attack what I don't understand.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:42 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 94, Andresvmb wrote: is over-explainy. Which is the only reason I’m putting this vote down. I’m not buying Scum enters the thread and basically says I can’t find ways to contribute. I would probably spam or act silly before I admit that I am not actively contributing to solving. That’s my perspective so obviously won’t apply across the board. But that’s all I got. So I think Passenger is trying to justify a vote with too many words when there’s no way you can make that long a case about anyone.
I was also wondering this and came to the conclusion that they came across as over explainy in because they were prompted to write from a stilted and unnatural question+source.
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:50 pm

Post by Kokabiel »

In post 96, Frogsterking wrote:
I don't understand

1) why I would ask marci that question,
I don't understand why you think i was pretending, but didn't think why Marci was pretending with a naked vote.

2) why Dease inviting himself is SvS
The dialogue felt fake to me. Dease is being FOS now so him starting a wagon without actually committing to it is not town behavior.

3) why scum don't need to pretend to be scumhunting
This was answered already

4) how you expect any of the three questions you directed toward me to lead to me saying something AI.
It is up to me to judge whether your reactions and posts are AI, not you.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:10 pm

Post by Herta »

In post 79, Frogsterking wrote:

In post 27, Herta wrote:
In post 7, Star Power wrote:Hello everyone! I am here, ready to be a shining light against the delegation!

I'm gonna need coffee.
Time's up, Herta. I need you to stop thread flaking and write a reads list now.
Rude.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”