hi, i'm large normal 242. and i'm over with.

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3225 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:54 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 3224, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3223, Enchant wrote:
In post 3221, MathBlade wrote:
Because we know that it’s very likely scum will be visiting her then we get information on scum.
Like "killing action performed on marci"?

Oh no how we can miss that info.
You jest but if Titus is town then we likely have another scum PR out there. One that might be unable to use it’s power to avoid detection.
So if Titus is town, there's can be another scum PR, but instead of searching it, let's force Titus to stick on Marci.

galaxic
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3226 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3225, Enchant wrote:
In post 3224, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3223, Enchant wrote:
In post 3221, MathBlade wrote:
Because we know that it’s very likely scum will be visiting her then we get information on scum.
Like "killing action performed on marci"?

Oh no how we can miss that info.
You jest but if Titus is town then we likely have another scum PR out there. One that might be unable to use it’s power to avoid detection.
So if Titus is town, there's can be another scum PR, but instead of searching it, let's force Titus to stick on Marci.

galaxic
You’re so close to what the problem is it’s infuriating

If Titus is scum => Titus should not be able to do as she wishes as she’s likely rolecop + stuff.
If Titus is town => Titus should be able to act however she wishes

Scum likely kill Marci
If I am known to voyeur the slot they either have to send a goon or not use powers. If Titus is town then a scum with powers likely exists.

So in order to let a widely read scum player get a check off I have to act suboptimally and scum do whatever.

That’s just not ideal.

Titus needs to be trustworthy today and I don’t see that happening.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3227 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

Can you really tell me someone who is actively advocating for not elimming their scumread is town?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3228 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

What I find most likely is that it’s Johnny Titus and one of Luke/Cape

Titus is setting up a bus (because she has to) in order to go deep.

It’s just a matter of which. She doesn’t want to elim Johnny today because she wants us to guess all three correctly in a row.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3229 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:49 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3228, MathBlade wrote:She doesn’t want to elim Johnny today because she wants us to guess all three correctly in a row.
This is not what I have said at all. I have said Johnny must be the elimination today. I feel Luke and Cape are more likely to flip scum but Johnny cannot be in elo.

Can you stop playing with a characture of me where I am this super controlling megavillian therefore nothing I say is correct?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3230 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:44 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 3213, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3207, Enchant wrote:What benifit of visiting marci who is most likely not lying about role (due being town), instead of anyone else?
Scum are likely going to kill Marci. Barring a ninja mod that will count as a visit.
Titus visits Marci. This is a visit.

Voyeur sees all visits.

If Titus is a combined X + rolecop then I see that as a voyeur as Titus would rolecop and X.
If the scum killing is combined killer and Y then I see X and Y as actions.

It’s a way to figure out a way to trust Titus. Between Johnny’s likely red flip and if any “extras” tells me who scum are. If there happens to be another doubled up protective who saves Marci even better.

I don’t trust her to tell the truth on Johnny as I think they are aligned. Going with the Titus checks Johnny and I voyeur Johnny means that Titus says whatever she wants and we likely elim town today and then have to elim scum only the rest of the game.
Math, I am not sure why this is better then forcing the same on a slot other then Marci?

If we kill johnny, and he is scum, there are two scum left. You force Titus to target the same person as you, letting you see her invest -- and then the other scum kills.

What part of this makes it need to be on Marci, who you said is likely the elim? Couldn't you double up on cape, or Toog, or Maria, or me to verify a vanilla claim instead?

I am not really sure what you are trying to get doubling up with her at all, other then checking if she is a combined role, like how marci is a combined doctor/tracker, which you would get on any target, so long as you both announced who you would be on
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3231 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:51 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 3218, MathBlade wrote:Extra scum visit Marci because unless Titus is multitasking Marci won’t die otherwise.

I can voyeur her somewhere else but it’s suboptimal as we expect scum to have two PRs. If Titus is town then we need what PR they are.

If we go somewhere else I have to decide between getting possible information on scum or if Titus is a rolecop.
If you and Titus as role cop and last scum as night kill are on Marci -- you get a result of invest + kill. And then you are looking to see if there is anything else that pops up, right?

But if you and Titus are on someone else --- you get invest, and then you are looking to see if there is anything else that pops up?

What is the scenario where the information that you get for being on Marci is better then the info you get for being on someone else? If their partner is combined kill+something other then kill that they must fire with their kill? That is the only thing I can think of, but I dont think that I have seen something like that in any game of mafia I have ever been in.

Is there another scenario you are trying to look into / rule out?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3232 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:49 am

Post by MariaR »

VOTE: JohnnyFarrar

zzz
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3233 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

First question: yes.

Then if “something else” comes up on the first case Titus then knows that there’s a scum PR that exists that did the kill. This means the vanillas did not do the kill that she already checked. It also leads towards a soft inno on the vanilla checks as if they had a vanilla kill they’d probably use it.

The “something else” just on Titus’s target that is not Marci means scum can kill with whoever and however they wish.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3234 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

(Yes I wrote this as Titus town because I am trying desperately to see her town I just can’t)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3235 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

At this point I kinda want to see the red flip of Johnny so that way can get Titus tomorrow so my give a fucks are fading fast the way she’s rewriting history.

Titus pick who you’re checking that’s not Marci so I can do the mechanically bad voyeur so I can elim you tomorrow please
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3236 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I am getting fed up at arguing with the thread about what is mechanically right despite being proven right twice in a row now. So let’s do the wrong thing and move on.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3237 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 3206, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3203, Cape90 wrote:
In post 3201, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 3188, Cape90 wrote:I wish I knew if Johnny's claim on one shot loyal BG is verifiable since I was just one-shot loyal BG, but I literally went on town and not mafia
I think the only thing close to it being verifiable would be to force titus to target johnny, but if Titus is scum it does not mean very much, and would require both of them to be allowed to live through the day
In post 3044, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Ok, so I'm a 1-shot loyal bodyguard. I was unclear on if I still had my shot because it failed when chungo targeted Pooky.
I thought that meant I'd still have the opportunity to use it properly since I didn't actually guard any bodies, but I was mistaken. I didn't have an action to take last night
I was referring to this claim in particular
Mainly I think there’s just too much chaos around the slot. I don’t see a way that through mass claim we’d almost auto win if Johnny is town. I think it’s much more valuable to force Titus not to kill. If we elim Johnny then Titus visit someone and I force visit then if Titus is scum, scum PRs won’t be active if I follow the setup.

I don’t trust Titus to tell the truth.
This is not a bad plan
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3238 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 3208, MariaR wrote:I'm sad this game turned into mech city over mafia and that's why I'm basically sitting here and waiting.
I mean... Yeah
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3239 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 3215, Titus wrote:
In post 3214, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3208, MariaR wrote:I'm sad this game turned into mech city over mafia and that's why I'm basically sitting here and waiting.
That’s very suspicious to me as I remember you being in mech conversations in the past.

Yes this turned mech heavy but the mech is important this game. Mafia is social + mech
Can you just stop saying everyone who objects is automatically scummy? You're just yelling down whomever doesn't cave and it's negative fun.
This post has been bookmarked by the council of Cape and deemed as "possibly important for legacy".
Thanks
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3240 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by Cape90 »

If Titus can do either rolecop or kill tonight. I say if we miss here, Titus just shoots, if we kill mafia, Titus rolecops. I don't necessarily get Titus' role if town and how it fits into the setup, but I will entertain the idea.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3241 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:24 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Doing the dread thing in my head every time I open this game. Oops.

Hey, uh, if we can all agree to a mech solve just do the dang thing. Just be sure to have a green Johnny contingency
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3242 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:57 pm

Post by Cape90 »

at this point johnny has to be trolling
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3243 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:08 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

My trolling is more fun
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3244 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:55 pm

Post by Titus »

Math, who am I checking? I don't care at this point. You've disregarded everything I've said and will disregard Luke being scum because mech which makes zero sense.

So just tell me what to do. Then I'll hammer and we can get back to mafia tomorrow.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3245 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:52 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 3233, MathBlade wrote:First question: yes.

Then if “something else” comes up on the first case Titus then knows that there’s a scum PR that exists that did the kill. This means the vanillas did not do the kill that she already checked. It also leads towards a soft inno on the vanilla checks as if they had a vanilla kill they’d probably use it.

The “something else” just on Titus’s target that is not Marci means scum can kill with whoever and however they wish.
Aye i stopped comprehending what you saying. VANILLA KILL.

Will wait before you decide.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3246 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:21 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 3233, MathBlade wrote:First question: yes.

I was not really trying to argue with you here, I am just not really understanding.

Because if your interested in picking up if titus has two abilities, then that would happen on any target. So the bonus info you gain by being on Marci is only about their partner, which they just don't use unless they are a forced combined kill + something ability. So what I am not understanding is what result do you get that gives you actionable info?

-
Kill + 2 invests
?
  • Even if the other scum is a combined night kill + invest, don't they just send that person there and not send Titus, meaning you never get this result
Kill + invest + protective
is nonsense.

Kill + invest + roleblock
?

It feels like you are saying, that targeting marci over a VT gives you the ability to check if titus's partner is exactly a combined killer + role blockers, which feels like such a narrow possibility

But, on the other hand, forcing Titus to visit a VT claim:
(hitting a townie) forces her to decide if she is going to confirm that person as a VT or fake a guilty
(hitting a non goon partner fake claiming a VT ) forces her to decide if she is going to lie to cover up her partner resulting in her immediate elim if that person dies before her or out her partner resulting in their immediate elim
(hitting a goon partner true claiming a VT) seems likely useless, as she just says they are a VT

This feels to me like it pushes Titus into more revealing situations then having her target Marci

And if we live in a world where Titus is town, then confirming a VT claim is actually more useful then confirming Marci who is likely the night kill, and will therefore flip
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3247 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:08 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2786, Titus wrote:I can then check bcg's role.
What I thought scum claim from Titus.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3248 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:17 am

Post by MathBlade »

It was more scum denial than likely more info.

Denying scum with their limited options usually seems better to me. Like I am tired of arguing about it here.

@Titus —> Cape
Goal here is when Johnny flips as I think he will you have to confirm Cape as VT as I think he’s town.

Then you have a very narrow pool of miselims Maria/Toog to hunt for this other PR your solve will need for balance.

I don’t think you can pitch a team that works setupwise that doesn’t have you.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #3249 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:46 am

Post by schadd_ »