A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:47 am

Post by T-Bone »

As is anyone else decrying the same. Being polarizing is a sure fire way to avoid the NK (looking at you Drap)
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:49 am

Post by Past Present Future »

In post 1123, furtiveglance wrote:Filler posts
Examples?

~Titus
It’s the end of the world as you know it and we feel fine.

Hydra of Titus, Auro and Nancy Drew 39
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:03 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 1098, mastina wrote:(The irony is not lost on me that normal mastina would see the post I just made as scum, believe me. I am quite aware of the sheer irony of how I would be pushing myself for making that post, in spite of me knowing that it’s town, and that me talking about it would make me even more sure it came from scum. The likes of Roden are probably laughing their asses off at the karmic irony.)
So the thing you maybe don't see is that you were already doing it.

I'm going to remind you of my philosophy to scum hunting, not so that we can argue, but so that maybe you could see what I see. Not every post is alignment indicative. Most posts a player makes are NAI, and what separates town and scum is finding the few that are.

Here's what I clocked very early from the game, before you described what you described in 1097. It is clear to me you have a vision of what town!Mastina needs to look like, and you are trying to make every post you make conform to that vision. If you are town, I would say needlessly. But you kinda voiced what I was observing all along.

What separates this for me from being something that is NAI, is your post #729 where you cite your first two posts of the game as some part of your master plan to catch scum. And I think you know what I know, that you were trying to play this up as something town!Mastina does. I don't know if you believe it for real. But I think you believe that other people would believe it, and that's why you made those parts of #729.

Normally I wouldn't sit here and explain to you why you're scum, because one way or another you know the truth. But maybe if we're to salvage the game in case you are town, considering another point of view on you might be helpful.

To me, #729 and some other bits of Mastina's posting shows me that she is trying to play the part of town!Mastina rather than be a town player. I think it's well documented how much Mastina believes in meta, and I think she believes in it so much that she feels forced to try and project her meta onto her gameplay. This isn't necessarily scum-indicative on its own, I think Mastina would do it to some extent as town. But from my point of view it crossed the line of town!Mastina needing to play a certain way to scum!Mastina needing everyone else to see a certain vision of her play.

Hopefully that bit of insight helps others too who are not sure what to think about Mastina.

Scarfmanship
Scarfmanship
Goon
Scarfmanship
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:07 am

Post by Scarfmanship »

VOTE: dingle dangle scarecrow

Wanna go here?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:08 am

Post by T-Bone »

Who even are you?

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1129, T-Bone wrote:Who even are you?
They’re the replace for Child of Fairies
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:12 am

Post by T-Bone »

Wait till you learn that I make taunting posts, nonsecquiturs, and pagetops for no reason.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:14 am

Post by T-Bone »

I also coach my scumread sometimes, demand to speed lim people for silly reasons, and make unserious posts at inopportune times (like trying to convince people someone is scum)

I also double and triple post inappropriately.

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:34 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1131, T-Bone wrote:
Wait till you learn that I make taunting posts, nonsecquiturs, and pagetops for no reason.
Yeah this is just more filler. Your vote on Mastina is one of your only serious posts and it's for making a 'bonkers' post which actually looks like a regular Mastina post to me.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:36 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1127, T-Bone wrote:
In post 1098, mastina wrote:(The irony is not lost on me that normal mastina would see the post I just made as scum, believe me. I am quite aware of the sheer irony of how I would be pushing myself for making that post, in spite of me knowing that it’s town, and that me talking about it would make me even more sure it came from scum. The likes of Roden are probably laughing their asses off at the karmic irony.)

I'm going to remind you of my philosophy to scum hunting, not so that we can argue, but so that maybe you could see what I see. Not every post is alignment indicative. Most posts a player makes are NAI, and what separates town and scum is finding the few that are.

Here's what I clocked very early from the game, before you described what you described in 1097. It is clear to me you have a vision of what town!Mastina needs to look like, and you are trying to make every post you make conform to that vision. If you are town, I would say needlessly. But you kinda voiced what I was observing all along.

What separates this for me from being something that is NAI, is your post #729 where you cite your first two posts of the game as some part of your master plan to catch scum. And I think you know what I know, that you were trying to play this up as something town!Mastina does. I don't know if you believe it for real. But I think you believe that other people would believe it, and that's why you made those parts of #729.

Normally I wouldn't sit here and explain to you why you're scum, because one way or another you know the truth. But maybe if we're to salvage the game in case you are town, considering another point of view on you might be helpful.

To me, #729 and some other bits of Mastina's posting shows me that she is trying to play the part of town!Mastina rather than be a town player. I think it's well documented how much Mastina believes in meta, and I think she believes in it so much that she feels forced to try and project her meta onto her gameplay. This isn't necessarily scum-indicative on its own, I think Mastina would do it to some extent as town. But from my point of view it crossed the line of town!Mastina needing to play a certain way to scum!Mastina needing everyone else to see a certain vision of her play.

Hopefully that bit of insight helps others too who are not sure what to think about Mastina.
This would be a good point if not for one crucial factor you leave out.

Living up to the concept of mastina is not exclusive to scumastina. (That, aside from how scumastina genuinely doesn't care to try to be town mastina, because scumastina has her own style which works in spite of being night/day different. Scumastina doesn’t even try to look like town mastina, because she knows that town mastina is a liability to try and mimic. I don't need to look like town as scum, nor do I need to effort nor force an elimination. All I need to do is not be the default elimination for a day, and let the town eliminate town. I don't need to push town, nor power town S scum. Because just the bare minimum works better as scum.)

I have a strong drive to live up to the ideal of mastina as town, too. Because mastina is an IDEA, a CONCEPT.
mastina is a philosophy.

The philosophy is different as different alignments. Scumastina, find the easiest least effort path to victory where I can be the laziest.

Town mastina, to be a charismatic unwavering force of nature. Unrelenting. Never giving up on true beliefs, and holding plenty of them.

I always feel the pressure of trying to live up to the expectation, and usually I do.

But this he'll week, I just can't.

I give up on being mastina.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:41 am

Post by professotic »

In post 1097, mastina wrote:I know that saying this secures me as the elimination because if I were the one READING it, I'd call it scum AtE, especially since it is a very un-mastina-like thing to do. (And yes, that saying this, literally all of it, doesn’t make it any less scum.)

But to be honest.
Right now I'm not feeling like pretending to be mastina.

Or rather, I don’t want to feel boxed in to pretending to be what I know mastina is. I don’t have the time I wanted to talk about this, but I had a thought of,
"Why do I even bother."
I had the urge to post that, but a voice told me, "hey, that's not a thought that mastina should have, don't display it publicly".

And it's not!

It doesn't fit my style as either alignment. I don’t post that way as scum, I don't post that way as town, it's a very foreign concept to the mastina persona.

But I don’t feel like pretending to match the mastina persona right now.

I know that I have been in my towngame the entire time, and to briefly go back into the mastina persona:
Genuinely, if you are town, you NEVER get to EVER say you can read me again, EVER, if you scumread me. This is Genuinely one of my towniest games of all time, and if you can't see that, you don’t fucking know how to read me. And never pretend you can, because this isn’t an unusual game from me. This IS me.

Well, prior to this post, at least. But this single not-mastina post does not erase that my entire play prior to this WAS mastina. So if you thought that my content prior to this post wasn't me as town: NEVER claim that you can read me again. I will quote this post every. Single. Time. And will NOT let you forget.

But slipping back out of mastina mode, I had those thoughts.
"Why do I even try."
"What's the point of trying."
"I don’t know why I bother."
And even,
"I give up."

mastina never gives up. It's literally against her fundamental philosophy.

Scumastina believes in fighting to the bitter end. Even when she's literally confscum, she believes that the game isn’t over until the last scum dies. And if she's the last scum, she might know that she has a 0% chance of winning, but for good sport, she refuses to surrender and makes the town still work for the inevitable victory.
And in multiball, she has extra incentive to fight. If she goes down, her scumteam is pretty much fucked. (Multiball2 is notably an exception to this rule, because I was negative utility there. It was my belief that we couldn't win with me alive, so I needed to die. After setting FL up for success, obv.)

Town mastina is relentless. She is conviction personified. Absolute faith in herself to be right, no matter what. Being proven wrong isn’t a setback. And new evidence doesn't change prior reads, barring extreme circumstances.
She pushes, continuously, hard, with absolute strength and resolve, with the belief that she is right.
Literally every game recently, a song has had some of the lyrics play through my mind, a personification of my mindset:
"And I am VINDICATED. I am selfish, (I'm not wrong), I'm right, I know I'm right, I've been that way all along". (Not the exact lyrics of the song, mind you; my mental paraphrase of it with all alterations is me claiming the song as mine.)

So when I say mastina never gives up, I mean it. She never does. Regardless of her alignment. The thought of giving up is foreign to her.

But I don't feel like putting on the mastina persona right now, because with how much shit I'm going through, I just DO feel like giving up.

I've literally broken every promise I made to myself for mafia games. I've skipped working out, slacked off on work, am typing in a mafia game rather than working on my novel or keeping up to date on the discord servers I frequent. I haven't streamed, done art, played league or tft (I literally missed out on a full week of tft quests, which guarantees I don’t get the T3 emote) or the new Disney Dreamlight event.

My life has been pretty much exclusively games (which shows if you do a site search--when was my last non-game post? When was my last not-ongoing mafia post?), and I am angry. I am tired. I am frustrated. I am exhausted.

The mastina persona is in particular furious, but I don’t have the ability to muster forth the will to type out that rage. (Oh there’s definitely facets who want me to. But I have the steering wheel, not them, so I'm not.)

There is just physical, mental, and especially emotional, fatigue going on.

So I just don’t feel like trying anymore.

I know that it’s not a mastina thing to do, but I want to say it anyway:

Objectively, I know that MathBlade's way of claiming is probably town, that there are signs of him not being scum, and importantly: that scum are among those who say it's SvS, those who weakly say it's TvT without trying to defuse it unless they have a good reason they can't (e.g. Titus is town, with this belief, but swamped), and those on the sidelines, with a few who are also scum taking the most convenient stance for them.

But subjectively, I feel like MB was crumbing my type of role (by the way--not claiming. Fuck that.), not a killing role, and that his claim fits as a modified factional nightkill, and that 90+% of his posting is scum.

Plus, without him, the options for scum are rather slim.
My locktowns are NEVER scum here. PPF, Yume, etc. Are all never scum.

And most of my townreads, I feel quite strongly about.

So like, the scum pool is quite small.

I know that objectively I should listen to objectivity, but I don't have a direction, so I just don’t know what to do and feel like giving up.
I’m not gonna bother reading the rest cause this is once again “complaining” something wolves do more then town.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:43 am

Post by professotic »

Complaining is one thing, Over Complaining is another and they are doing that.

They are trying to complain to get themselves out of execution.
Town does NOT do that.
Town works with the thread and not do this.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:46 am

Post by professotic »

In post 1102, mastina wrote:Oops left out ecples of locktown thatre never wrong.
Yume is always town, PPF always town, etc.
They're never ever scum.

@Math Mastina AND partners are outed.

4 main players defending them.
Yume, PPF, Bunny and Furtive.

Notice how they don’t add the last 2 cause they don’t want to do Bunny as well cause then it looks TOO obvious.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:47 am

Post by professotic »

PPF and Bunny just outed after this flips wolf and THEY know it!
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:51 am

Post by professotic »

In post 1105, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 1083, professotic wrote:That’s where I come in.

As long as I’m not going psycho like I did with Titus, I can find wolves fairly easily.
I'd like to know which head made this post. I didn't see you "going psycho" but an apology makes me feel better as a person. I am feeling a bit demotivated by the mastina v MathBlade fight. My reads are stale, but I felt they're both town. I don’t have the energy to seing this but I really hope to.

I'd like to start my reset with my read on you. Can you tell me where you are game wise?

Sorry if this post is unclear. I got like 4 hours of sleep last night.
~Titus
First one I’m not going to respond to cause seems fake cause it’s me that is making you lose WiM cause I’m a GOAT.
Second thing, Another Fake thing cause you should know where I am Gamestate wise.

TicTac hasn’t posted in thread much and recently they were saying in Hydra Chat that they basically don’t like how heating things are or whatever.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:52 am

Post by professotic »

Also “Give up being Mastina”
Lol ok wolf.

You can’t give up being yourself but you can change/improve yourself but you are still yourself.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:20 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1134, mastina wrote:

Living up to the concept of mastina is not exclusive to scumastina. (That, aside from how scumastina genuinely doesn't care to try to be town mastina, because scumastina has her own style which works in spite of being night/day different. Scumastina doesn’t even try to look like town mastina, because she knows that town mastina is a liability to try and mimic. I don't need to look like town as scum, nor do I need to effort nor force an elimination. All I need to do is not be the default elimination for a day, and let the town eliminate town. I don't need to push town, nor power town S scum. Because just the bare minimum works better as scum.)

I have a strong drive to live up to the ideal of mastina as town, too. Because mastina is an IDEA, a CONCEPT.
mastina is a philosophy.

The philosophy is different as different alignments. Scumastina, find the easiest least effort path to victory where I can be the laziest.

Town mastina, to be a charismatic unwavering force of nature. Unrelenting. Never giving up on true beliefs, and holding plenty of them.

I always feel the pressure of trying to live up to the expectation, and usually I do.

Oh worth mentioning:
You're right about one thing tho:

I know my meta best.

I know me better than everyone else.

When I am scum, I know exactly how scum I am. I know that I am not playing to my towngame. I might--justifiably--feel like certain aspects of my play are dead on mimicking my towngame, but while I might fake a post saying as much, no, I never truly believe that I have perfected a town-mastina guise as scumastina. Not only would doing so be detrimental even if I succeeded, but also the task is literally impossible.

You cannot mimic the full package of my towngame. It’s literally impossible. I fundamentally think differently as town versus scum. Language use, emotions, everything is night and day different. (We suspect that it’s literally different facets playing, but since we haven't had a scumgame since our plurality breakthrough, we wouldn't know yet. We'll have to rand scum to actually test that.)

If it's quite literally an entirely different person playing when town vs. Scum, then that person cannot fully pretend to be the other. (Which is why we don’t actually try.)

So with that said:

We know our meta, and thus, we know that we were not outside of it. In fact, we're doubling down on this statement:

This is the towniest game that we have EVER played in our entire mafia career. We have NEVER been this more clearly town. EVER.

I can't manage to be mastina right now, but that doesn't change how I still know what my meta is, and how I was in my town meta more clearly than I have ever been before. Literally the towniest game I have EVER had.

So let me reiterate:
If I am eliminated, then EVERY town player has their reading rights on me revoked PERMANENTLY.
My not being able to be mastina doesn't remove that I was still clearly town in spite of struggling to be mastina. In fact it's quite literally the exact opposite.

So I will quote this in EVERY future game you play with me in where you so much as HINT at having me south as null.
I. Will. NOT. Let. You. Forget.

Because I am NOT having an "off game".
I'm not able to be mastina, but I AM able to be clearly town anyway.
This IS my town self.
Try to fucking pretend it wasn't as much as you'd like. I know myself better than you do. I know my meta better than you do. So I know that I was playing to my town meta here.
And thus, future you has ZERO wiggling room to claim otherwise.

If you can't see that I'm town here, you can't fucking see that I am town in ANY game. PERIOD. Because if you can't see me as town in the towniest game that I have ever had, you can't see me as town at all.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:34 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

A reminder that discussing future games with threats/promises based on how events unfold in this game is considered OGI and is against site rules. This is an official warning to mastina and if there is another such infraction/ continuation of this one I will be forced to replace the slot.

Spoiler: Offending Post
In post 1141, mastina wrote:
In post 1134, mastina wrote:

mastina is a philosophy.

Oh worth mentioning:
You're right about one thing tho:

I know my meta best.

I know me better than everyone else.

When I am scum, I know exactly how scum I am. I know that I am not playing to my towngame. I might--justifiably--feel like certain aspects of my play are dead on mimicking my towngame, but while I might fake a post saying as much, no, I never truly believe that I have perfected a town-mastina guise as scumastina. Not only would doing so be detrimental even if I succeeded, but also the task is literally impossible.

You cannot mimic the full package of my towngame. It’s literally impossible. I fundamentally think differently as town versus scum. Language use, emotions, everything is night and day different. (We suspect that it’s literally different facets playing, but since we haven't had a scumgame since our plurality breakthrough, we wouldn't know yet. We'll have to rand scum to actually test that.)

If it's quite literally an entirely different person playing when town vs. Scum, then that person cannot fully pretend to be the other. (Which is why we don’t actually try.)

So with that said:

We know our meta, and thus, we know that we were not outside of it. In fact, we're doubling down on this statement:

This is the towniest game that we have EVER played in our entire mafia career. We have NEVER been this more clearly town. EVER.

I can't manage to be mastina right now, but that doesn't change how I still know what my meta is, and how I was in my town meta more clearly than I have ever been before. Literally the towniest game I have EVER had.

So l
et me reiterate:
If I am eliminated, then EVERY town player has their reading rights on me revoked PERMANENTLY.
My not being able to be mastina doesn't remove that I was still clearly town in spite of struggling to be mastina. In fact it's quite literally the exact opposite.

So I will quote this in EVERY future game you play with me in whereyou so much as HINT at having me south as null.
I. Will. NOT. Let. You. Forget.

Because I am NOT having an "off game".
I'm not able to be mastina, but I AM able to be clearly town anyway.
This IS my town self.
Try to fucking pretend it wasn't as much as you'd like. I know myself better than you do. I know my meta better than you do. So I know that I was playing to my town meta here.
And thus, future you has ZERO wiggling room to claim otherwise.

If you can't see that I'm town here, you can't fucking see that I am town in ANY game. PERIOD. Because if you can't see me as town in the towniest game that I have ever had, you can't see me as town at all.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:37 am

Post by MathBlade »

Tldr of Mastina’s post: ate I am town
More ate I am town
Threat ate I am town
More ate she’s town

My response: this is not town Mastina.
She’s not working with people
She’s just spamming she’s town hoping you don’t eliminate her but she’s not working with town because she’s in antispew.
As for her threat, if she’s town nothing changes. If anyone did what she’s done I’d elim them.

Her entire post is designed towards being OFF her wagon versus being ON a scum one
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:08 am

Post by T-Bone »

Say the line T-Bone...

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:08 am

Post by T-Bone »

Meta is trash!

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:09 am

Post by T-Bone »

But also I gave you my point of view Mastina, you can take it to heart or not.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:24 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1145, T-Bone wrote:Meta is trash!
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:39 am

Post by Dingle Dangle Scarecrow »

I think mastina is rather obvious town at the moment and her wagon is really weak and based on things that most people aren't genuinely confident make her scum
In other words, it's really lazy
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:40 am

Post by Dingle Dangle Scarecrow »

Oh sweet it's our scumday bella

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”