SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:48 am

Post by SpyreX »

Because tubby still hasn't explained his "play" to where I think its anything but bad news.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:14 am

Post by farside22 »

hasdgfas wrote:Why hasn't DoomCow been lynched yet?
Because people are still talking about Tubby. Personally I would rather see the internet pressured at this point.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:27 am

Post by The Internet »

Requesting replacement. I'm bored, I don't understand it, and would like to dedicate my energies to my other games. Sorry.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:30 am

Post by tubby216 »

SpyreX wrote:Because tubby still hasn't explained his "play" to where I think its anything but bad news.
what about it would u like me to explain??? i thought i had, i will be happy to answer any thing u have for me
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Vote Count

tubby216 -
(SpyreX, ZazieR, DrippingGoofball)
DoomCow -
(hasdgfas, animorpherv1, tubby216)
Korts -
(CoheedCambria09, Crazy)
DrippingGoofball -
(Vi, DoomCow)
SpyreX -
(Korts)
The Internet -
(farside22)
MafiaSSK -
(Natirasha)

Not voting: MafiaSSK, The Internet

With 15 alive, it will take 8 to lynch. The deadline for day 1 will be Saturday, December 6.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:57 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

The Internet wrote:Requesting replacement. I'm bored, I don't understand it, and would like to dedicate my energies to my other games. Sorry.
Seriously, what's so complicated???

Scum infighting?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:01 am

Post by farside22 »

The Internet wrote:Requesting replacement. I'm bored, I don't understand it, and would like to dedicate my energies to my other games. Sorry.
What?!?!?!
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:04 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

Sorry for being so quiet, RL has been a bitch lately

I'm also hella confused with this whole game so far, I guess I should have expected that though with the name of relative chaos.

And seeing as its supposed to be chaotic:
unvote, vote tubby
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:22 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

unvote
Because my last vote was stupid

vote: TheInternet
because when he posts, it contains no game content.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:36 am

Post by hasdgfas »

animorpherv1 wrote:
unvote
Because my last vote was stupid

vote: TheInternet
because when he posts, it contains no game content.
He's being replaced. Why are you voting for him?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

dahill1 replaces The Internet.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by dahill1 »

reread and post coming soon
i'll be v/la friday and most of saturday so if i don't get it in tonight it might have to wait until sunday
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

/prodded Will catch up fully tomorrow.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Initial Thoughts
: I personally think the original votecount was just random and a way to start conversation. A good one at that.

MafiaSSK
: Usual lurkish playstyle. Has a few OK questions for other players, but they are more fluff than actual questioning IMO. This post stuck out to me:
MafiaSSK wrote:Looks like Tubby's the main suspcious person. Will get working on a PBPA of him.
argh does that bother me. basically, he looks at the biggest wagon and decides to analyze just that person because others think he is suspicious. not once did he express any suspicion of tubby previously. SSK, do you think tubby is suspicious yourself, and why? what do you think about other players?

DoomCow
: Overreacts somewhat to Vi's fake PR, IMO, but I guess everyone has a different opinion on the matter so I don't think he was in the wrong to vote for Vi. Plus, he said he didn't see when Vi claimed it was a fake PR. Places a well-reasoned vote on DGB (more on that later). Don't really see how (s)he is deserving of votes. Then again, I am reading in isolation atm. So maybe i should get some context after this post.

Natirasha
: Pretty strange PR. It's been semi-modconfirmed although I can see natirasha attempting some kind of strange gambit such as this. That's most likely not the case, though. Natirasha, you said "See something that has been said earlier " about your vote on SSK. What was it you were referring to?

Crazy
: Put under fire for defending Tubby. I agree with him in that there's nothing wrong with defending someone who you don't think is scum. I agree with most of his points on Tubby (more on that later). Through a brief skim of his posts I found something a tiny bit strange:
I'm not saying tubby is town, just saying the cases on him are crap. I suppose you could say that makes him more likely to be town, but meh.
. Not necessarily. Town and scum alike make crap cases, so that doesn't really affect the likelihood that tubby is scum or town.

Scattered/Hasdgfas
: Scattered didn't really post enough to get a read. Posted an analysis and voted DoomCow for his vote concerning fake PRs. Has, what do you think of (the other) cow now that he's posted a small analysis and placed a different vote? I can somewhat see Has's suspicion of DoomCow, but overall I think Has is reaching. It only was a vote for a post and he took it off as soon as he learned it was fake. This post caught my attention too:
hasdgfas wrote:Why hasn't DoomCow been lynched yet?
:?
Anyways, I don't think Has voting DoomCow originally was scummy but I don't like how he keeps pushing it over not that big of a case.

farside22
: Seems genuine in attack against Tubby, DGB, The Internet, etc. Makes good points and ask good questions. I think most likely town atm out of the other players I have read so far (everyone above her in this post). Only a couple of points i disagree with her on: 1) I see nothing wrong with someone defending someone they think is town. You and Crazy may disagree about tubby but if Crazy sees nothing wrong with it, there shouldn't be an issue if he defends his beliefs. Next, this quote (talking about Internet):
farside22 wrote:Lurk, lurk, no comment, lurk, lurk, no comment. Something I associate with scum.
Anti-town, sure. Scum, not necessarily. Are K7, MafiaSSK, other lurkers, always scum? Nope, but they continue to always lurk.

CoheedCambria09
: Saw nothing wrong with not random voting at first but then OMGUSes Korts and never really explains the reason for the vote. Oh wait he does it explain:
Korts wanted me to vote someone, as I didn't see anyone who had done anything particularly scummy, I voted for him, so it could also be interpretted as a OMGUS vote.
And yes, that is an OMGUS. Realllllly really don't like this next post:
CoheedCambria09 wrote:I'm also hella confused with this whole game so far, I guess I should have expected that though with the name of relative chaos.

And seeing as its supposed to be chaotic:
unvote, vote tubby
This is just him blatantly jumping on a wagon of who others find suspicious for no reason. CC, why do you think tubby deserves a vote?

animorpherv1
: Votes crazy with this as an explanation:
animorpherv1 wrote:razy seems to be a little, crazy, to me. It doesn't seem like what he's saying is sincere.
can you explain this? what specifically do you not thinking he's sincere in saying? Has general non-game related posts for the most part. Votes DoomCow but it seems a little OMGUS, IMO. Places a vote on the Internet for a fair reason, but a little hypocritical since his own posts are mainly just QFT, fake PR, or overall not game related posts.

I have to go but i will try to get in the rest later tonight!!
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by Natirasha »

MafiaSSK wrote:Looks like Tubby's the main suspcious person. Will get working on a PBPA of him.
. -> Yes/I agree/otherwise affirmative reaction
? -> No/I disagree/otherwise negative reaction
.. -> See something that has been said earlier
?? -> Cannot answer question as stated
... -> No comment/neutral reaction
??? -> What are you talking about?
.?.?.?. -> STFU
[anything else] -> I really just want to annoy you
?????
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by farside22 »

Anti-town, sure. Scum, not necessarily. Are K7, MafiaSSK, other lurkers, always scum? Nope, but they continue to always lurk.
I try not to do meta reads on people. I'm starting to think some people do deserve the category of meta. Not every person does. I think my problem is that I expect The Internet to post something and not just say there is nothing going on and then leave for the next 3 to 4 days. It bugs me.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by dahill1 »

farside22 wrote:
I try not to do meta reads on people. I'm starting to think some people do deserve the category of meta. Not every person does. I think my problem is that I expect The Internet to post something and not just say there is nothing going on and then leave for the next 3 to 4 days. It bugs me.
yup lurking is annoying and anti-town as i said, but not indicative of any alignment
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by dahill1 »

continuing where i left off...

Vi
: i couldn't get that much of a read off of Vi, but overall seems town based on his questioning of animorph, tubby, DGB, etc. Vi faked a PR but clearly stated he was doing so, although I have to admit it was pretty annoying. I don't really see what the big deal about it was.

SpyreX
: seems to be tunnelvisioned on tubby, as he doesn't really focus on any other suspects besides him. other than that i can't really get much of a read on him other. but he definitely seems too focused on tubby.

The Internet/dahill
: Woo. Internet lurked and apparently couldn't get into the game but I replaced so yay! (btw replacing someone =obvtown)

DrippingGoofBall
: To be completely honest, I hate DGB's playstyle. She seems like she hasn't even read the thread, and always just butters up everyone by saying things such as "Oh you would do something like that, scum" etc. I did find one post of substance, here which was good, but otherwise she just steps around other peoples' questions with vague comments.

Korts
: starts the whole tubby wagon and accuses him of rolefishing. i didn't like this post:
Korts wrote:EBWOP: to clarify. I don't want
any
speculation about what the importance of the initial vote count is, not so early in the game, because at this point, it serves scum more than town by far.
especially since korts was the one to bring up the subject in the first place! korts, what did you think you would achieve by bringing up the weird VC if you didn't want any further discussion of it? jumps on CC for not random voting:
It's the biggest deal as of now, CC09... serious or not.
really? this is stretching it, to me.
If you don't vote, you're essentially not playing.
not true at all. if you don't vote at all in the game, then yes that's bad. but i'm sure CC planned on voting at some point in day 1. here comes a good one:
Korts wrote:Ok, let's make this clear. I honestly don't think tubby is up for a lynch as of yet. His actions can be explained away with a simple explanation that he didn't realize he was rolefishing, and when pressured, it is simply a newbtell to resort to Appeal to Emotion.

I wanted to see how many people would follow in my wake if I pressured tubby for it. I'm looking at SpyreX right now, pretty hard, especially after he professed to being comfortable lynching tubby after page 5 and two valid but far from solid tells dropped.

unvote, vote: SpyreX
i lolled so hard when i read this...so let's get this straight you were pressuring tubby for reactions? i usually only see scum do this type of thing in which they afterwards say they did it "for reactions". looking for reactions can pretty much be an excuse for anything. ex- me:hey i'm scum vote: me.
player 2: omg he's scum vote: him
me: HA ONLY SCUM WOULD JOIN THAT WAGON SINCE THEY KNOW IM REALLY TOWN I WAS LOOKING FOR REACTIONS VOTE: YOU!!
i'm unsure about Korts atm. due to a previous game i was in with him i saw him attempt some stupid gambits then too as town, so i'll have to think about this one.

tubby216
: i didn't see anything wrong with his initial post, but when he OMGUSed Korts that caught my attention. definitely don't like his vote for crazy because he defended him. however, i think he steps it up and posts a decent case on Korts (besides a little WIFOM in the middle there). i don't really understand his latest vote on cow. tubby, can you explain that?

Zazier
: asks a lot of good questions towards the other players, and seems to be genuinely scumhunting. seems to be one of those people that i can't get a clear read on, but she seems town to me for now.

WOOO DONE!
vote, suspicions, and announcement next post
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by dahill1 »

out of all of these cases, i think a
vote CoheedCambria
is the best decision at the moment. this is mainly because out of all of the other people i find scummy, their behavior is more consistent with past experiences (such as Korts, DGB)
that being said i still think they are scummy so..

FoS: DGB, Korts, tubby, animorph, SSK

and also i'll be V/LA from Nov. 14-15
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by Vi »

@ZazieR: I don't remember; I was just passing through, usually looking more at how the mods ran things. But don't feel (too) bad about not being proud of any of your games; I can only think of one completed game I would be mildly pleased to show people, and that was my first game as scum where the Town learned a hard lesson about what happens when you let some people lurk and/or slide along without questioning.

Also, I think I can get used to abusing these ooc tags.

-----
farside 256 wrote:
What?!?!?!
What?!?!?! was that for?

So with The Internet offline, I'm interested in who you will place your vote on, since he is/was hardly the only noncontributory party ITT. Meanwhile, why did you drop tubby when you seemed to disagree with most of the points brought up in his favor?

-----
dahill1 267 wrote:Vi faked a PR but clearly stated he was doing so, although I have to admit it was pretty annoying.
:P
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:16 pm

Post by Korts »

Vi wrote:What do you think of the new avatar?
Pretty nice. What's it from?
dahill1 wrote: i lolled so hard when i read this...so let's get this straight you were pressuring tubby for reactions? i usually only see scum do this type of thing in which they afterwards say they did it "for reactions". looking for reactions can pretty much be an excuse for anything. ex- me:hey i'm scum vote: me.
player 2: omg he's scum vote: him
me: HA ONLY SCUM WOULD JOIN THAT WAGON SINCE THEY KNOW IM REALLY TOWN I WAS LOOKING FOR REACTIONS VOTE: YOU!!
i'm unsure about Korts atm. due to a previous game i was in with him i saw him attempt some stupid gambits then too as town, so i'll have to think about this one.
Let's clear this. It's scummy when you dismiss a
scummy
action as having fished for reactions. I don't see how simply pushing a fairly valid wagon is in and of itself a scummy action, therefore I don't see how I could've benefited from stating that I was fishing for reactions unless, oh yeah, I was fishing for reactions.

This post is a quckie, expect something later in the day.
scumchat never die
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:28 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Some fast comments as I'm off to school soon.

Korts, I gladly answer that question that you asked Vi.
Vi wrote:Shiki Misaki (underappreciated partner ordinaire) from The World Ends With You.
@Vi
I'm not disappointed in every game of mine. Korts and Cow probably know about which I'm talking.

Dahill1, I would actually be surprised if you had a good read on me. During one of my mini's together with Farside, Elmo also had such comment about me:
Elmo wrote:Zaz is more of a wild card
When I'm back, I'll post my comments about some players
Ignore the ''R''
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:10 am

Post by dahill1 »

Korts wrote:Let's clear this. It's scummy when you dismiss a
scummy
action as having fished for reactions. I don't see how simply pushing a fairly valid wagon is in and of itself a scummy action, therefore I don't see how I could've benefited from stating that I was fishing for reactions unless, oh yeah, I was fishing for reactions.
well i consider jumping all over one comment and calling it rolefishing (which i don't believe it was), and then strongly pushing the wagon after that kinda scummy. although i do admit, the case was semi-valid after the whole crazy incident, but originally it wasn't.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Korts »

So you say that suggesting a theory that, both if confirmed or denied, hurts the town, cannot be percieved as intentional or unintentional rolefishing?
scumchat never die
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:38 am

Post by dahill1 »

Korts wrote:So you say that suggesting a theory that, both if confirmed or denied, hurts the town, cannot be percieved as intentional or unintentional rolefishing?
it could be by some, but i didn't think it was and i felt those who did think it was were trying to push a crap case

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”